Page 1690 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 690119015901640168016881689169016911692170017401790 ... LastLast
Results 33,781 to 33,800 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Agreed - Friday calls for a Stout.

Cherry Stout - Bell's - 7%

Black with hint of ruby. They try to balance cherry and dark chocolate. I get both. It starts subtle cherry followed by roasty dark chocolate. A little thin but medium feel.

Category 2 - This is not Bell's best stout and I would not recommend more than 1 as a taster because there are so many better stouts out there.
    Stout + fire pit + Friday. Ymmm. Only thing missing was the cigar ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Stout + fire pit + Friday. Ymmm. Only thing missing was the cigar ...
    Saving the cigar for 2021. I'm down for a cigar, Cat 3 stout, and maybe some Dave after completing vaccination.

But Friday night is young, so gotta do it right...

Something So Sincere - Casita - 11% - Imperial Stout

That's more like it.

Might as well be pouring black motor oil. Fun cinnamon on the nose. Rich dark Chocolate balances gorgeously with some subtle vanilla. The can also says sea salt but I don't get that. The chocolate is thick like fudge, but think more DARK chocolate. Thick mouthfeel but smooth - well done.

This easily clears into Cat 3. I'd say Low Cat 3 because this isn't some killer GBS or Silent Night variant. But it's just fantastic, and extremely well crafted. TGIF!!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Expendable Income (draft)-Bond Brothers Beer Company

Heard of this one, fuse?

Six ounce pour ($2.50) after making my selection of NC singles for the next week or so.

It's a blond barleywine () brewed in collaboration with C.A.R.B.O.Y. homebrew club.

Pour was a clear, gold-yellow with a thin, off-white head. Lots of citrus on the nose along with alcohol. Moderate bitterness appears initially on the palate, but more rind-y than piney/resin-y. Finish is light/medium caramel, honey and orange zest with a lingering alcohol burn. IBUs at 90 but not a hop monster as it's reasonably balanced with the ABV at 12.5%. Took me almost 30 minutes to finish this chatting with the owner. Much better than my barleywine-adverse palate would have expected. I'd taste again but think I'd enjoy the Cherry or Cinnamon Vanilla Variant Imperial Stouts better.
    it's going either way - Beergoddess is buying 2 indoor rescue dogs tomorrow. I'm buying whatever beer I want. Everybody wins
    My Expendable Income post was actually an obscure Bond Brothers beer reference.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Because Friday! I believe this was the 2018 or 2019. It has been laying down in the storage facility for a while now. Led to a very foamy head. But once that settled down? Oh my, what a beer! You get hints of all the flavors. Wood. Raspberry. Vanilla bean. Exceedingly well balanced. Glad I had a spare cork to shove into the 750 ml bottle. More for tomorrow!
    I'm not sure I've had this one. The Raspberry Stout was delicious and a bargain at about $6.50 for a 500 ml bottle. I'll guess the BBA version was about twice that price but it sounds decadent. A difficult find but most certainly worth every penny.

Saving the cigar for 2021. I'm down for a cigar, Cat 3 stout, and maybe some Dave after completing vaccination.

But Friday night is young, so gotta do it right...

Something So Sincere - Casita - 11% - Imperial Stout

That's more like it.

Might as well be pouring black motor oil. Fun cinnamon on the nose. Rich dark Chocolate balances gorgeously with some subtle vanilla. The can also says sea salt but I don't get that. The chocolate is thick like fudge, but think more DARK chocolate. Thick mouthfeel but smooth - well done.

This easily clears into Cat 3. I'd say Low Cat 3 because this isn't some killer GBS or Silent Night variant. But it's just fantastic, and extremely well crafted. TGIF!!
    Glad somebody reads my reviews.

Stout + fire pit + Friday. Ymmm. Only thing missing was the cigar ...
    We had a fire pit after dinner as we made some s'mores-without beer. The beers were with dinner and for nightcaps (yes, plural ).

Nightmare on Brett - Cherry - Dark Sour Ale aged in Leopold Bros Whiskey Barrels with Colorodo Sour Montmorency Cherries -Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project - 9.666 % ABV -

This is extremely important if you drink this beer - they told me when I bought it at Stella and they were right: Pour it but let it warm for 5 minutes first. That really lets all the flavors come through. (Of course I tried it refrigerator cold as soon as I poured, but they were right - much much better after just 5 minutes).

Pour - So dark brown it's black opaque with a slight purple tint. Very thin mocha colored head which dies to nothing quickly.

Aroma - Sour cherries, Sour Balsamic Vinegar, and Earthy Oak. Strong, outstanding nose.

Taste - Beautifully complex. Some sweet dark cherry and light chocolate first, light whisky mellows, SO much barrel-oak wood flavor, Vanilla, light caramel malt, and then the finish is crazy tart sour cherry. The sour will pucker your mouth bigtime, but you will just love it and want more. It's a pleasing sour sensation. And it gets even better as you drink more and appreciate more.

Feel - medium to light body, dry, light but adequate carbonation. Very drinkable given how sour it is.

Overall - It's so good drinking it is almost sexual. Yes I said that so you can make fun of this post. It's bold, it's extreme tart sour like a sour man's sour. But the oaky complexity works REALLY well with these cherries. Beautiful balance. It's an amazing beer, but you have to like sours. I love them. Very very well done. Pretty good one to try if you want to try a serious Crooked Stave Sour. Damn that hit the spot. Oh yeah, fuse category 3. (and I might have another bottle or 2 for trading/sharing)
    Now, RJ199 can say, "I told you." (you can actually stop reading here as his review is much higher quality than mine)

Nightmare on Brett Harvest 2017-Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project

Not nearby

Credit-RJ199; many thanks!!
    Style-should be obvious
    Format-corked and caged 750 ml bottle, share with son of dd last PM
    Stemware-snifters
    Appearance-dark, dark brown, ruby edges with a small tan head
    Nose-sour cherries
    Mouthfeel-puckery
    Tastes-sour cherry vinegar, unsweetened dark chocolate, bourbon, wood, vanilla
    Adjuncts-see above
    Overall impression-an amazing creation; by cellaring/refrigerating for almost another year, I think some of the Brettaomyces "funk" was softened
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid cat 3; sorry to have missed the raspberry or any other versions of this

Might have to find this one for the holidays:

"Ommegang Three Philosophers Blueberry Coffee

Muddy brown pour, super tiny bubbles and thick transient head.

Blueberry in the nose.

Still a ton of raisin and date all over the palate.

Sweet coffee finish with a touch of blueberry.

There is a reason why OMG are letters in Ommegang.

Worth seeking out and trying."

Or, even better, in a holiday stocking a little over a month from now...

I might not go searching for this one:

"Fullsteam Blend No 53

Charleston Earl Grey North Carolina Lavender Porter

With Videri cacoa nibs

Whoa.

Expecting this to be unusual / unique.

A paler brown pour than I expected, with a good inch of head.

A nose full of bergamot, with just a hint of chocolate.

Lavender all the way down, in a subtle and pleasing way.
    Chocolate notes provide a nice interplay.

Complex and light at the same time.

While I don’t think this beer would ever be a crowd pleaser, I do think discerning palates would be delighted.

As unique an offering as I have had from Fullsteam."

Mushhushshu, last night's second beer tasted nothing like this:

mush3.jpg

Stella put out again.

dd: I have a 4-bagger of AOTK with your name on it.

Stella put out again.

Did she ever. The Haw River, duckrabbit, omnipollo, and many others look interesting:
    stellabrew
    Wave of new arrivals to kick off the weekend!
    @untitledartbev Sweet and Sour Grapefruit IPA w/ grapefruit juice, apple juice and pineapple juice
    @wisemanbeer Merry World Breakfast Stout
    @hawriverales Crimson Velvet Raspberry Imperial IPA + Polyphonic Resonance Root Veggie Sour Ale w/ white balsamic and golden beets, carrots, fresh lemon peel and lemon basil + The Seven Faces of Pepe Grano Farmhouse Ale w/ 7 different grains and 7 types of peppercorn + Saxapahaw Lager 6pks
    @theduckrabbitbrewery Heavens To Murgatroyd Maple Milk Stout
    @fontaflorabrew Brackish Oyster Stout + Hulihee IPA
    @northcoastbrewingcompany 2020 Old Stock Ale
    @duggesbryggeri / @stillwater_artisanal Collab Tropic Punch Swedish Sour Ale w/ peach, mango and passionfruit
    @timber_ales Insomniac’s Daydream Hazy IPA w/ Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe + Chasing Shadows Imperial Stout aged on Vanilla Beans and Cacao Nibs
    @omnipollo Decuple Fatamorgana 12% Quadrupel IPA Dry-Hopped w/ Citra 10 TIMES!
    @hoofheartedbrewing / @duggesbryggeri Collab Faster Than The Future 13.5% Imperial Stout w/ raspberry, vanilla and marcona almonds
    @southernpinesbrewing Open Toe Casket Imperial Black IPA
    @fatorangecatbrewco Family Portrait Double NE IPA w/ a blend of American, German, Canadian and United Kingdom grains coupled w/ six different hops
    @terrapinbeerco Mexican Chocolate Imperial Moo-Hoo Stout

Did she ever. The Haw River stuff and many others look interesting:
    stellabrew
    Wave of new arrivals to kick off the weekend!
    @untitledartbev Sweet and Sour Grapefruit IPA w/ grapefruit juice, apple juice and pineapple juice
    @wisemanbeer Merry World Breakfast Stout
    @hawriverales Crimson Velvet Raspberry Imperial IPA + Polyphonic Resonance Root Veggie Sour Ale w/ white balsamic and golden beets, carrots, fresh lemon peel and lemon basil + The Seven Faces of Pepe Grano Farmhouse Ale w/ 7 different grains and 7 types of peppercorn + Saxapahaw Lager 6pks
    @theduckrabbitbrewery Heavens To Murgatroyd Maple Milk Stout
    @fontaflorabrew Brackish Oyster Stout + Hulihee IPA
    @northcoastbrewingcompany 2020 Old Stock Ale
    @duggesbryggeri / @stillwater_artisanal Collab Tropic Punch Swedish Sour Ale w/ peach, mango and passionfruit
    @timber_ales Insomniac’s Daydream Hazy IPA w/ Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe + Chasing Shadows Imperial Stout aged on Vanilla Beans and Cacao Nibs
    @omnipollo Decuple Fatamorgana 12% Quadrupel IPA Dry-Hopped w/ Citra 10 TIMES!
    @hoofheartedbrewing / @duggesbryggeri Collab Faster Than The Future 13.5% Imperial Stout w/ raspberry, vanilla and marcona almonds
    @southernpinesbrewing Open Toe Casket Imperial Black IPA
    @fatorangecatbrewco Family Portrait Double NE IPA w/ a blend of American, German, Canadian and United Kingdom grains coupled w/ six different hops
    @terrapinbeerco Mexican Chocolate Imperial Moo-Hoo Stout
    “Too many choices ...”

“Too many choices ...”
    Typical Stella

Typical Stella
    Keep the big door open.

“Too many choices ...”
    Two's a perfect number but one is not enough

Two's a perfect number but one is not enough
    Why are you that way?

Why are you that way?
    If I don't get in line they'll lock me away. Everyone'll come around.

It all comes down to nothing.

Stella put out again.

Excellent. Thanks! Hmm, likely headed to the NC mountains Friday after Thanksgiving. You gonna be in the 336 that day or the Sunday morning after Thanksgiving as we head back to the 919?

“Too many choices ...”
    #oneofeach...