Page 1683 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 683118315831633167316811682168316841685169317331783 ... LastLast
Results 33,641 to 33,660 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Big round of applause to LegoBatman for hosting Scrabble Virtual Pub today. Great idea and a lot of fun with our Zoom meeting, too. I had some great "consonant" breweries/beers during the week but never got around to buying a vowel so I've assigned myself a score of zero despite having N, W and Z on my board.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Silent Night news. Hope this is legible.

4BA3B2D0-9E0A-4A14-B201-6819F333AA32.jpg
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Another Veil - 2 - V’s.

Evidence - 8% abv
    Pale Ale brewed with lots of raw wheat, fluffy flaked oats, and milk sugar. Hopped with Enigma and Amarillo and bombed with blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, and boysenberry purées.

Not one of the traders, new pickup today. Raspberry beer smoothie, or raspberry sherbet. Another Veil special.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Silent Night news. Hope this is legible.

4BA3B2D0-9E0A-4A14-B201-6819F333AA32.jpg
    Couldn't read it but thanks for posting. I was aware from another friend that on-line sales started today at noon but did not order any as I'm getting an assortment of Ohio brews as my Christmas gift from our son next weekend *and* accfan is picking up my 2020 GBS Complete Set sometime in December so I couldn't justify another beer order (yea, right ). Plus, another friend was lucky enough to order a Silent Night set and will trade a couple to me in exchange for a couple Dire Wolf variants should I be lucky enough to find them in Ohio next weekend. Life is still good, in fact, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Another Veil - 2 - V’s.

Evidence - 8% abv
    Pale Ale brewed with lots of raw wheat, fluffy flaked oats, and milk sugar. Hopped with Enigma and Amarillo and bombed with blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, and boysenberry purées.

Not one of the traders, new pickup today. Raspberry beer smoothie. Another Veil special.
    That should be your fruit supply for the rest of the month!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Couldn't read it but thanks for posting. I was aware from another friend that on-line sales started today at noon but did not order any as I'm getting an assortment of Ohio brews as my Christmas gift from our son next weekend *and* accfan is picking up my 2020 GBS Complete Set sometime in December so I couldn't justify another beer order (yea, right ). Plus, another friend was lucky enough to order a Silent Night set and will trade a couple to me in exchange for a couple Dire Wolf variants should I be lucky enough to find them in Ohio next weekend. Life is still good, in fact, very good.
    Sorry it's not legible. It's about four Silent Night varieties available for purchase at shop.motherearthbrewing.com.

Sorry it's not legible. It's about four Silent Night varieties available for purchase at shop.motherearthbrewing.com.
    Not a problem at all-I've seen that happen a bunch of times with things like that linked/copied/pasted. A couple lurkers tipped me off to the on-line sales, too.

From Thursday night:

Ol' Rugger 2019-Zaftig Brewing Company

Second half of a 12 ounce bottle; a bit less carbonation (at 16% ABV, it didn't have much to start) but just as chocolate-y and bourbon-y as the night before. At $12/bottle, it ain't cheap, but still less per ounce than Dark Lord which we discussed in Scrabble Virtual Pub today with one participant trying to use FFF in a word entry .

Not a problem at all-I've seen that happen a bunch of times with things like that linked/copied/pasted. A couple lurkers tipped me off to the on-line sales, too.
    I ordered the four-pack. Yes, including the "Mexican"/"hot pepper" version. Stunning, I now.

I ordered the four-pack. Yes, including the "Mexican"/"hot pepper" version. Stunning, I now.
    Ha! Another resident in the 336 was also persuaded to order the 4 pack today based on that variant, too.

Five of us (4 Ymm, Beer denizens plus Mrs. dd, our DD) from the 919 attended the release in 2006 (IIRC) and met up with another DBR poster at the brewery and had a great time. One of us (not me!) even liked the habanero variant and thought it the best variant of the 5 that were served on the flight.

Bourbon Barrel Coffee Vanilla Dire Wolf-Wolf's Ridge Brewing

Local when our son bought and traded it early this year.

Credit-same son; thanks!!
    Style-^^^^
    Format-bomber, divided over two nights
    Packaged on-Jan/30/2020
    Stemware-my cute (not that little) Hardywood 2018 GBS tumbler
    Appearance-darker than brown; very small, mocha head
    Nose-booze, chocolate and coffee
    Mouthfeel-lubricious (the second definition )
    Tastes-semisweet chocolate, vanilla, bourbon, oak, heavily toasted coconut, dark caramel, lotsa coffee and more bourbon
    Adjuncts-vanilla and coffee
    Bourbon brand-Watershed
    IBU-probably 50
    ABV-10.8% but punches a higher floor
    Overall impression-an amazing blend of flavors
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid cat 3; another field with many competitors; would order again (and again and...); almost as good on night 2

Night 2 of 2020 Sexual Chocolate (Regular).

The cork popped when I pulled it out. Good sign! Poured with some decent head still left on it. And still big coffee flavors. Sensing some more chocolate as it warms. Excellent letter F beer.

Ha! Another resident in the 336 was also persuaded to order the 4 pack today based on that variant, too.
    Only one?

That should be your fruit supply for the rest of the month!
    I think technically pumpkin is a fruit - so 2nd H -
    Hardywood Rum Barrel Pumpkin. A Farm House Ale. Devildeac already reviewed, and I agree. Great night cap.

“Hardywood Rum Barrel Pumpkin combines the nostalgic flavors and aromas of autumn with a soul warming, blackstrap molasses laced finish that can only be achieved through months of maturation in Caribbean dark rum barrels. Pleasantly mellow up front, Hardywood Rum Barrel Pumpkin offers a crescendo of pumpkin pie spices that are emboldened by the barrel aging process, and finishes with subtly sweet, lingering notes of brown sugar.“

Only one?
    Ha! A trip to visit your gal Stella was completed today plus, a Hardywood pickup of the 2020 GBS Complete Set is also on the agenda for early/mid December.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I think technically pumpkin is a fruit - so 2nd H -
    Hardywood Rum Barrel Pumpkin. A Farm House Ale. Devildeac already reviewed, and I agree. Great night cap.

“Hardywood Rum Barrel Pumpkin combines the nostalgic flavors and aromas of autumn with a soul warming, blackstrap molasses laced finish that can only be achieved through months of maturation in Caribbean dark rum barrels. Pleasantly mellow up front, Hardywood Rum Barrel Pumpkin offers a crescendo of pumpkin pie spices that are emboldened by the barrel aging process, and finishes with subtly sweet, lingering notes of brown sugar.“
    Yea, that one would've been nice to share and side-by-side with the Southern Tier RBA Pumking.

Ha! A trip to visit your gal Stella was completed today plus, a Hardywood pickup of the 2020 GBS Complete Set is also on the agenda for early/mid December.
    I’ll be over that general direction on Monday so may have to pay her a visit. #AOTK

I’ll be over that general direction on Monday so may have to pay her a visit. #AOTK
    ssA Over Tea Kettle was discussed and tasted today during Scrabble Virtual Pub. That player only earned 2Fs for that one whereas another participant earned FFF for spending time with a Dark Lord. Sadly, no one earned 9F.

ssA Over Tea Kettle was discussed and tasted today during Scrabble Virtual Pub. That player only earned 2Fs for that one whereas another participant earned FFF for spending time with a Dark Lord. Sadly, no one earned 9F.
    I have no F’ing idea what the F any of that means. Except the 9F part, of course.

I have no F’ing idea what the F any of that means. Except the 9F part, of course.
    Fiddlin' Fish; 2Fs

Nick Floyd, Simon Floyd and Mike Floyd; 3Fs

Wise Man Brewing; no Fs