Page 1652 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 652115215521602164216501651165216531654166217021752 ... LastLast
Results 33,021 to 33,040 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Hardywood GBS set owners - they sold out!

2020 GBS RELEASE SCHEDULE

All Gingerbread Stout and variants releases are at all of our Hardywood taprooms. Saturday hours in Richmond and West Creek are 12 – 9pm.

November 7: Gingerbread Stout + Christmas Pancakes
    November 14: Bourbon Barrel Gingerbread Stout+ Gingerbread Porter
    November 21: Christmas Morning
    November 28: Kentucky Christmas Morning
    December 5: Fluffy GBS + Christmas Island – Brewery Only Releases!
    December 12: Complete Set Pick-Up

Complete Sets are SOLD OUT. Still interested in a GBS: Complete Set?
    Join the Waitlist HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Hardywood GBS set owners - they sold out!

2020 GBS RELEASE SCHEDULE

All Gingerbread Stout and variants releases are at all of our Hardywood taprooms. Saturday hours in Richmond and West Creek are 12 – 9pm.

November 7: Gingerbread Stout + Christmas Pancakes
    November 14: Bourbon Barrel Gingerbread Stout+ Gingerbread Porter
    November 21: Christmas Morning
    November 28: Kentucky Christmas Morning
    December 5: Fluffy GBS + Christmas Island – Brewery Only Releases!
    December 12: Complete Set Pick-Up

Complete Sets are SOLD OUT. Still interested in a GBS: Complete Set?
    Join the Waitlist HERE!
    Sounds/looks decadent. Can't wait.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Link shamelessly borrowed from Nrrrvous:

https://belgibeer.com/en/blog/best-b...trappist-beers

After all, who doesn't like lists?

"1. Westvleteren 12. Elected several times best beer in the world!
    2. Orval. The strong amber that is becoming increasingly hard to find.
    3. Chimay Bleu. The super star available everywhere and that connects you to God.
    4. Westvleteren 8. The sweeter version of the 12, hard to find!
    5. Rochefort 10. The bitter, sweet symphony from the south.
    6. Westmalle Tripel. First Trappist brewery!
    7. Westmalle Dubbel. Less strong than the Tripel.
    8. Rochefort 8. Nice and intense remarkable just as the 10.
    9. Rochefort 6. Sweet and easy drink sister. For everybody.
    10. Westvleteren Blond. The unusual blond for the Trappist range."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Link shamelessly borrowed from Nrrrvous:

https://belgibeer.com/en/blog/best-b...trappist-beers

After all, who doesn't like lists?

"1. Westvleteren 12. Elected several times best beer in the world!
    2. Orval. The strong amber that is becoming increasingly hard to find.
    3. Chimay Bleu. The super star available everywhere and that connects you to God.
    4. Westvleteren 8. The sweeter version of the 12, hard to find!
    5. Rochefort 10. The bitter, sweet symphony from the south.
    6. Westmalle Tripel. First Trappist brewery!
    7. Westmalle Dubbel. Less strong than the Tripel.
    8. Rochefort 8. Nice and intense remarkable just as the 10.
    9. Rochefort 6. Sweet and easy drink sister. For everybody.
    10. Westvleteren Blond. The unusual blond for the Trappist range."
    The beverage fridge currently contains 40% of that list.

First, and likely only, time I'll get to say that about one of the linked "best of" lists in this thread.

Hardywood - Trifecta of Releases

Straight Talk Vol. III Release 10/21
    The newest installment of this single beer & barrel experience is a Grape Brandy Barrel Aged Wheatwine. This beer took an extra long boil (4.5 hours!!) to allow for a deep caramelized malt flavor to develop. Toffee and black cherry aromas precede a decadent, sweet sherry-like flavor with a warm, caramel finish.

Brian's Barrel Blend No. 12 Release 10/22
    Brian’s Barrel Blend No. 12 is a harmonious mix of three different brews that when combined, just make sense. You’ll experience toasted oak and cedar wood aromas on the nose from the Chardonnay and Tomcat Gin barrels. The complimenting flavors from NE-style IPA of citrus, peach, apricot, and a hint of white peppercorn round out this unique barrel-aged offering.

Love Potion Ninth Anniversary Ale Release 10/23
    Scouring our extensive catalog of barrel aged beer, we give you a prolific fusion for our 9th Anniversary libation. A potion like no other, we have chosen 19 Month Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrel Aged Belgian Quadrupel, 18 Month Red Wine Barrel Aged Imperial Milk Stout, and 8 Month Laird's Apple Brandy Barrel Aged Imperial Milk Stout in the perfect proportions, 23%, 25% and 52%. Chocolate candied dark fruit and tobacco dominate the deep, complex, and layered aromatics. Rich toffee, caramel and dark chocolate round the decadent flavor and warming finish. You are assured to fall in love with this beer. Side effects from enjoying may include the warm and fuzzies, falling in love with those around you, becoming more Hardywood obsessed.

4-pack of Straight Talk and Brian’s Blend, 2-4packs of the 9th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post

First, and likely only, time I'll get to say that about one of the linked "best of" lists in this thread.
    Yea, on the many beeradvocate top 100 lists, it's difficult to account for more than 5-10 on any of them.

Hardywood - Trifecta of Releases

Straight Talk Vol. III Release 10/21
    The newest installment of this single beer & barrel experience is a Grape Brandy Barrel Aged Wheatwine. This beer took an extra long boil (4.5 hours!!) to allow for a deep caramelized malt flavor to develop. Toffee and black cherry aromas precede a decadent, sweet sherry-like flavor with a warm, caramel finish.

Brian's Barrel Blend No. 12 Release 10/22
    Brian’s Barrel Blend No. 12 is a harmonious mix of three different brews that when combined, just make sense. You’ll experience toasted oak and cedar wood aromas on the nose from the Chardonnay and Tomcat Gin barrels. The complimenting flavors from NE-style IPA of citrus, peach, apricot, and a hint of white peppercorn round out this unique barrel-aged offering.

Love Potion Ninth Anniversary Ale Release 10/23
    Scouring our extensive catalog of barrel aged beer, we give you a prolific fusion for our 9th Anniversary libation. A potion like no other, we have chosen 19 Month Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrel Aged Belgian Quadrupel, 18 Month Red Wine Barrel Aged Imperial Milk Stout, and 8 Month Laird's Apple Brandy Barrel Aged Imperial Milk Stout in the perfect proportions, 23%, 25% and 52%. Chocolate candied dark fruit and tobacco dominate the deep, complex, and layered aromatics. Rich toffee, caramel and dark chocolate round the decadent flavor and warming finish. You are assured to fall in love with this beer. Side effects from enjoying may include the warm and fuzzies, falling in love with those around you, becoming more Hardywood obsessed.

4-pack of Straight Talk and Brian’s Blend, 2-4packs of the 9th anniversary.
    Fabulous descriptions. If you need any assistance...

Can’t wait to see/hear. I really liked it but I like sage.

Can’t wait to see/hear. I really liked it but I like sage.
    This'll make Mr. Grouse happy, too.

Hardywood Love Potion #9. Maybe a beer for the love ninja or beer goddess, if they like deep, dark , rich stouts. 12.7%. 23% BBA quad, 25% red wine barrel aged imperial milk stout, 52% laird’s Apple brandy barrel aged imperial milk stout.

Really layered tastes and mouth feel . Get the chocolate and bourbon up front, but mellowed and sweetened by the red wine. Don’t get big Apple flavor despite the 52%, just a finish of dark fruit and a hint of brandy.

You like stouts? This is a complex example of the style, and well worth the $$. First time they’ve done 4-packs in bottles. I still have an 8th anniversary 750ml from last year. These are great to finish or share/trade. Wish we could tailgate. Easy cat3.

Hardywood Love Potion #9. Maybe a beer for the love ninja or beer goddess, if they like deep, dark , rich stouts. 12.7%. 23% BBA quad, 25% red wine barrel aged imperial milk stout, 52% laird’s Apple brandy barrel aged imperial milk stout.

Really layered tastes and mouth feel . Get the chocolate and bourbon up front, but mellowed and sweetened by the red wine. Don’t get big Apple flavor despite the 52%, just a finish of dark fruit and a hint of brandy.

You like stouts? This is a complex example of the style, and well worth the $$. First time they’ve done 4-packs in bottles. I still have an 8th anniversary 750ml from last year. These are great to finish or share/trade. Wish we could tailgate. Easy cat3.
    Sounds decadent, as expected.

Will be paired with caught today grilled NC salmon, toasted almond rice pilaf and roasted asparagus. Can't wait.

Red face

Yea, on the many beeradvocate top 100 lists, it's difficult to account for more than 5-10 on any of them.
    And I can't count

I actually have 5 of them.

And I can't count

I actually have 5 of them.
    Even more impressive!! Now, if you tell me you have a Westvleteren or two, I'll be absolutely astounded.

Even more impressive!! Now, if you tell me you have a Westvleteren or two, I'll be absolutely astounded.
    If you pronounce it "Rochefort" then I have three, but otherwise no. Have the 6, 8, and 10, along with an Orval and a Westmalle Tripel. All showed as limited stock. Ordered 5 in case one of them ran out, but ended up getting them all.

Dessert beer last PM:

Red Devil-Pisgah Brewing Company

Black Mountain, NC? Local enough for me!!

Credit-I purchased a 4 pack last month to share with accfan and Nrrrrvous; somebody got two and somebody got one and I kept the 4th one
    Style-fruited Belgian style ale; no monks were overworked brewing this beer
    Format-12 ounce can (used to be 750 ml bottles, IIRC from several years ago)
    Stemware-tall wine glass
    Appearance-unfiltered raspberry lemonade; small, fizzy head
    Mouthfeel-a bit tart, a bit sweet; tingly
    Tastes-berries and cherries with hints of lemon and orange and a very small bit of pepper
    Adjuncts-cherries, raspberries, cranberries and blueberries
    IBU-30 (est)
    ABV-8.4% and so easy to sip
    Overall impression-I'm not sure I'd miss the blueberries if they were omitted; cranberries add a bit of tart from what I remember from maybe 2016
    Ymm, Beer rating-upper cat 2/low cat 3; definitely would buy again; would also pair with a bowl of fresh fruits

If you pronounce it "Rochefort" then I have three, but otherwise no. Have the 6, 8, and 10, along with an Orval and a Westmalle Tripel. All showed as limited stock. Ordered 5 in case one of them ran out, but ended up getting them all.
    LOL. Yea, even with Google translator using English, Flemish and Dutch, I don't think that works.

My wife and I have been away from home most of this month. The first two weeks were in Wilmington, and now most of the last two are in Asheville. The major beer revelation in Wilmington was Flying Machine. I do not recall having their beer much in the past, but I really enjoyed a couple of different styles from them, and they are now the one Wilmington brewery which I would go out of my way to endorse. In Asheville, so far the main revelation has been how good Highland has become. I believe they had, and lost, a well regarded brewer earlier this decade, but I was impressed with all that I had there today (and found it to be a great place to hang out in the current socially distanced climate), so I tip my cap to one of the first (perhaps the first) noteworthy breweries in the state.

Some Foothills Jade in the house. But bottles, not cans. May be tomorrow before one gets cracked open, though.

And, FWIW, I remain pot-committed (to borrow a phrase of which one of our recently departed was quite fond) to keeping Ymmm Beer as the best thread on DBR.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."