Page 1646 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 646114615461596163616441645164616471648165616961746 ... LastLast
Results 32,901 to 32,920 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Hardywood Triumvirate

Not 100% sure I have ever had a Hardywood that was not a GBS or fruit beer. Will an 8% NEIPA be in their lane?

Astoundingly clear for a hazy IPA.

Fresh lemon and orange nose.
    Poured with a beautiful head.

Really nice, hefty mouthfeel.

Lightly citrus sweet to open, with a burst of bitterness mid palate, and an orange crush wave of orange juicy finish.

The answer to my question above?
    Absolutely yes.
    Continues to prove that there are just some brewers and breweries that can take any style and brew a world class beer.

Looking in the general direction of my fridge longingly as if there might be more Hardywood Triumvirate within. Alas, no.

There hasn’t been a bad beer in the bunch; this may be the surprise hit so far from the Compass Rose Brew Crew delivery.

A brilliant, brilliant beer.

Skol, and thank you!!! 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Hardywood Triumvirate

Not 100% sure I have ever had a Hardywood that was not a GBS or fruit beer. Will an 8% NEIPA be in their lane?

Lightly citrus sweet to open, with a burst of bitterness mid palate, and an orange crush wave of orange juicy finish.

Absolutely yes.
    Continues to prove that there are just some brewers and breweries that can take any style and brew a world class beer.

Looking in the general direction of my fridge longingly as if there might be more Hardywood Triumvirate within. Alas, no.

There hasn’t been a bad beer in the bunch; this may be the surprise hit so far from the Compass Rose Brew Crew delivery.

Skol, and thank you!!! 🍻
    I enjoyed that one too! Was wondering if anyone else would.

Cheers!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Hardywood Triumvirate

Absolutely yes.

Skol, and thank you!!! 🍻
    Pretty sure this was an accfanfromn1970 selection as one of the requirements for his Family Tree membership.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I enjoyed that one too! Was wondering if anyone else would.

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Pretty sure this was an accfanfromn1970 selection as one of the requirements for his Family Tree membership.
    Oops, maybe not. Perhaps Nrrrrvous snuck this one into the assortment.

Center of the Universe Pocahoptas

I guess CotU hasn’t quite gotten the memo on beer naming.

A beautiful copper in the glass.
    Frothy head.

Lots of pine on the nose.

Delightfully imbalanced- on the malty side to start, and piney bitter to finish.

Would be interesting to compare to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
    I suspect SNPA would be way more bitter.

Would make a good every day beer.

Skol! 🍻

Not even trying to "disguise" or be clever about it:

Raspberry Pop Tart-Boiler Brewing Co.

6c92e623bf8c2ec53900607ebfa02495_640x640.jpg

Oops, maybe not. Perhaps Nrrrrvous snuck this one into the assortment.
    Guilty.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Frothy head.

Delightfully imbalanced- on the malty side to start, and piney bitter to finish.

Skol! 🍻

Interesting. Both you and Richard (or was it DD?) Seemed to think it wasn't as bitter as I did. I guessed IBUs in the 60-70 range.

Agree with the every day beer. I could definitely see it being a good go-to ipa if it were available locally.

Frothy head.

Skol! 🍻
    This is a very popular beer around RVA. And for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Guilty.
    I knew I wouldn't get them all matched correctly once I separated mine from fuse's and and then tried to divide up the onesies in a reasonable/equitable fashion.

Needless to say, after fuse's review, my Triumvirate will make it into the rotation for serious minutes one night this week.

Commonwealth - Chi Chi

Gose Style Ale with Dragonfruit, Pineapple, Asian Pear, Toasted Coconut, Vanilla and Lime Zest

6.9%

No IBU

Had this one last night. I believe from RJ. Local to our folks down Norfolk/Va Beach Way.

An interesting and tasty entry into the Gose style. I was curious how all those different flavors would blend but they do a good job. If you slow down and savor, you can definitely pick them out one by one.

Nice Cat 2. Would have again!

Thanks RJ!

It's simply not worth writing a review after the following two recent masterpieces:

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    The Weapon - The Veil - Sour DIPA - 8%

Gorgeous bluish-thick purple pour with Half inch lingering head.

The nose is spectacular - raspberries, blueberries, lemon, tartness all there.

The beer tastes even better than it looks which is saying something. Formalities first - this is not a sour DIPA, it's not a DIPA at all, and it's more sweet than sour. But when you're the Veil and you can make something like this, you can get away with that.

This is better than a fruit smoothie, better than firecracker popsicle flavor, and better than candy. You get thick blueberry flavor with grape-flavor like skin due to thickness. It's gorgeously balanced with raspberry puree, just the right lemon tartness, and a faint hoppy finish which is just right. You don't get a bit of alcohol and I'd believe it's 0%. It's a dessert beer with some sweetness, but Veil pulls this kind of thing off they are so good. The faint sour rounds it out even better than any berliner-weisse I've had. Thick, creamy, juicy feel with blueberry / grape skins.

Untappd says Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, and they are much better than they are in the wine. Untappd says raw wheat, malted oats, raspberries, milk sugar, and "thoughtful addition of Nelson and Mosaic." I get zero Nelson and zero Mosaic.

This is high Category 3 for anybody. I'd rate it 4.5-475 on Untappd. It's 4.75 good and quality. It's that damn good start to finish. It really did cheer beergoddess up who has been quite devastated by losing out on this house we bid on because we got outbid by 5K by the only other bidder. But this cheered her up bigtime- thanks accfan!! You could argue 4.5 if you wanted to say - it's not technically a beer at all, and it is sweet, but they know what they're doing to pull it off with perfect balance. You won't taste a better fruit beer concoction. I think this one was better than New Glarus.

But I loved the hell out of that Orange Miata which was a beer and was an IPA. The Veil has some genius beer crafters.

I might have to pair this beer with that pie I'm going to win from Nrrrrvous
    (or he might enjoy pairing it with the pie he wins from me)
    Veil The Weapon

Another fascinating pour, somewhere between raspberry oil and raspberry puree.

Outside of Guinness or nitrogen charged beer, never seen a beer with a “reverse head” before.

Poured like ink, and then transformed into sort of raspberry sludge generating about a quarter inch silly dense magenta head.

Smells kinda funky, can’t place it. There is almost a mintiness to the nose.

Straining raspberries is only so effective.
    If a chunky beer turns you off, look elsewhere.
    In this case, that would be your mistake.

Tastes like raspberry yogurt.

There is a bracing tartness, which is welcome, and not shocking.

Veil simply brews unique beer, which really don’t invite comparison as there is not much out there that I have experienced that is comparable.

What a loss it would be if breweries like Veil didn’t push the boundaries of what is beer.

This, and Curtains V are lethal. Its simply unfair to package something so high ABV in such a luscious package.

Simply. Amazing.

Skol!🍻

And another hearty thank you accfanfrom1970!
    The Weapon-The Veil Brewing Company

An absolute berry explosion milkshake, sour NEDIPA smoothie. I had to convince my wife she really didn't like it after her two large gulps.

Another stunning creation from The Veil and many, many humble thanks to accfanfrom1970 for sharing this one from his 4 pack. 77.gif

Easy to place this in the cat 3.99 zip code.

It has been real, friends. Farewell.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    That was a hell of a way to go out!

Might need to dig around and find something special to toast such a "ballsy" send-off post with.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That was a hell of a way to go out!

Might need to dig around and find something special to toast such a "ballsy" send-off post with.
    Good chance you could find several hundred, nay several thousand special beers on this thread.

Good chance you could find several hundred, nay several thousand special beers on this thread.
    Hope you or Fuse have contact info for the next Virtual Pub in case it is needed. (Hope not).

And maybe CB&B can even make it too!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    While I can guess which thread, I expect the record has been expunged.

Permanent vacation, or holiday?

Regardless of the details, I find it both sad and telling that a poster could threaten me with violence (twice!) with no consequences, while all the while being sure what mattman91 wrote was short of that.

For our gracious hosts, some pigs are more equal than others.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Hope you or Fuse have contact info for the next Virtual Pub in case it is needed. (Hope not).

And maybe CB&B can even make it too!
    We've got that covered.

While I can guess which thread, I expect the record has been expunged.

Permanent vacation, or holiday?

Regardless of the details, I find it both sad and telling that a poster could threaten me with violence (twice!) with no consequences, while all the while being sure what mattman91 wrote was short of that.

For our gracious hosts, some pigs are more equal than others.
    Check your PM.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/life/fo...0SAUCE%20BEER.

While I love some Frank's Hot Sauce, not sure about a sour beer with Frank's. But, I'd try it once...