Page 1642 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 642114215421592163216401641164216431644165216921742 ... LastLast
Results 32,821 to 32,840 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    OMB’s best comparison / competition is Red Oak.

While I would give the nod to Red Oak in general, in spite of the idiocy of hosting an Octoberfest, OMB’s Mecktoberfest _may_ be better than Clawhammer. It’s been years so not sure the memory is still valid, or accurate.

When I was traveling to Charlotte regularly a few years ago, NoDa was the cream of the crop, and Birdsong and Triple C were emerging, as was OMB. Sycamore, Lenny Boy, Wooden Robot, Divine Barrel, and some of the newer breweries (trying to recall if Unknown is also Charlotte) didn’t exist at the time.

I recall coming home from Charlotte with four packs of Hop Drop N Roll, Jam Session, CaVu, and maybe Coco Loco feeling like I had really scored.
    WRT my bolded #1, at least 169 others agree with you here: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/top-styles/29/

WRT my bolded #2, Bright A** Tank Top from Unknown Brewing in Charlotte smiles and waves hello.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

From 6/3/19:

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Classic-Blackberry Farm Brewery

This was actually my final brew from my May beer club 4 pack and my second ever BFB offering.

Their description:

"This Belgian-style Saison features European noble-type hops, authentic Belgian Saison yeast and the finest European two-row malt."

I poured it rapidly from a 12 ounce can into my large Ommegang tulip and discovered a hazy, straw-yellow colored ale with a generous fizzy head that has diminished to a thin, off-white ring after 10 minutes of sipping. Floral and wet straw aromas confront me first, followed by a pinch or two of black pepper, some underripe apples and pears, lightly toasted grains, flowers and a wet blanket finish. Not really as complex as I described it, but a wonderful example of the style. I'll guess IBUs about 20 and the ABV is 6.3%. I'd enjoy this with some roasted turkey on multi-grain bread with a hunk of Havarti cheese, a couple slices of tomato and some garlic aioli.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    https://blackberryfarmbrewery.com/beer

Any of you guys aware of this place in Tennessee? Their saison is a top 5 beer all time for me.
    Is this the beer you're referencing? Searching the archives, it appears I've sipped all of two Blackberry Farm products. Fuse is the first one on Ymm, Beer that I recall mentioning this brewery.

From 6/3/19:

Is this the beer you're referencing? Searching the archives, it appears I've sipped all of two Blackberry Farm products. Fuse is the first one on Ymm, Beer that I recall mentioning this brewery.
    My Blackberry Farm story.

We happened to be celebrating theloveninja’s birthday at Blackberry Farm.

They had just started their brewery. No sales off site, served only in their restaurants.

We took a tour, and their original goal was Belgian style ales.

We enjoyed their saison, and the belgian style, trying to recall what others they had- maybe 3-5 offerings, tops.

Before checking out, we made a plea for sales of some bottles. Nope.

Was super pleased to see them start showing up in our area not too, too long after that.

Been a while since I have had any of their beer.
    I recall it being highly quality, and slightly overpriced (worth it).

3FF93B26-D02E-45F3-997F-F21654CD739B.jpg

My Blackberry Farm story.

We happened to be celebrating theloveninja’s birthday at Blackberry Farm.

They had just started their brewery. No sales off site, served only in their restaurants.

We took a tour, and their original goal was Belgian style ales.

We enjoyed their saison, and the belgian style, trying to recall what others they had- maybe 3-5 offerings, tops.

Before checking out, we made a plea for sales of some bottles. Nope.

Was super pleased to see them start showing up in our area not too, too long after that.

Been a while since I have had any of their beer.
    I recall it being highly quality, and slightly overpriced (worth it).
    Is everyone aware that we will never do anything in our personal or professional lives that equals the genius of the simple act of coming up with the names beergoddess and loveninja?

Gella’s Diner

This was the flight at Gella’s Diner several years ago in my cross country drive with my father.

This was the second flight since there was an unfortunate accident with the first.

3FB12547-CF63-4FEE-BF83-861A5224222D.jpg

Is everyone aware that we will never do anything in our personal or professional lives that equals the genius of the simple act of coming up with the names beergoddess and loveninja?
    I am well aware of that but I'll let them and/or their spouses tell those stories...

Richardjackson199 and beergoddess may have a story to tell, along with mr. and mrs. devildeac.

You are likely aware that Asheville Brewing brews a beer called the Love Ninja.

I no longer have the text, so devildeac can add colour to the story of what essentially was a text where I referred to my better half as theloveninja.

While I wish I could have seen devildeac’s face and coined the nom de plume in person, to his credit, I think he only missed a beat or three before delivering a witty response. No idea if any beer was spilt or keyboards ruined on his end.
    ������
    404B4409-0AFD-4E24-951E-715BDEE1477B.jpg
    Last edited by fuse; 10-17-2020 at 01:06 PM.

This was the flight at Gella’s Diner several years ago in my cross country drive with my father.

This was the second flight since there was an unfortunate accident with the first.

3FB12547-CF63-4FEE-BF83-861A5224222D.jpg
    When we visited the Russian River Brewery about 7 years ago, they had two different flights: half their tap list or all their tap list and those totals amounted to 8 and 16 beers, respectively. I chose a 10 ounce pour of one their quads at about 10% ABV and that was after I'd had several two ounce pours, generously provided by the beertender, to help my decision about which bottles I would purchase to-go and you were the thirsty recipient of about half that order.

When we visited the Russian River Brewery about 7 years ago, they had two different flights: half their tap list or all their tap list and those totals amounted to 8 and 16 beers, respectively. I chose a 10 ounce pour of one their quads at about 10% ABV and that was after I'd had several two ounce pours, generously provided by the beertender, to help my decision about which bottles I would purchase to-go and you were the thirsty recipient of about half that order.
    That was the bummer about Avery, no flights.
    With 29(?) beers on tap and only 8 and 16 ounce pours as options...

Richardjackson199 and beergoddess may have a story to tell, along with mr. and mrs. devildeac.

You are likely aware that Asheville Brewing brews a beer called the Love Ninja.

I no longer have the text, so devildeac can add colour to the story of what essentially was a text where I referred to my better half as theloveninja.

While I wish I could have seen devildeac’s face and coined the nom de plume in person, to his credit, I think he only missed a beat or three before delivering a witty response. No idea if any beer was spilt or keyboards ruined on his end.
    😁🤣🍻
    That captures most of it. I no longer have the texts either but it proceeded something like this after I had received several bottles to share/trade of ABC's rather new/annual February release of their Love Ninja/s #1 and #2, raspberry and strawberry variants, respectively, of their annual fall release of Ninjabread Man Porter. (wishing I had the timestamps on these but I promise they were seconds apart)

dd: "I have your Love Ninja here." (this was totally intended to be a set-up for what/however fuse wished to respond)
    fuse: "How did you find out my wife's nickname and what have you done with her?"
    dd: "I promise I've done nothing and won't dare touch her!"
    dd: "And, BTW, she *must* register that name on Ymm, Beer and start posting as such."

And, a star is born .

That was the bummer about Avery, no flights.
    With 29(?) beers on tap and only 8 and 16 ounce pours as options...
    Oh, I remember that lethal-appearing, several page menu you sent me a few years ago .

Daughter stopped by for a visit. We shared all three New Glarus beers. Belgian Red first, her response, “wow this is really good.” Then the Nectar Ale. Her response, omg, I think I like this even better.” Last the Raspberry Tart. Her response, “we gotta go to Wisconsin!”

Thanks to Devildeac again for including two of all three in the trade. All 3 cat3. Great to share delicious beer with the family.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Daughter stopped by for a visit. We shared all three New Glarus beers. Belgian Red first, her response, “wow this is really good.” Then the Nectar Ale. Her response, omg, I think I like this even better.” Last the Raspberry Tart. Her response, “we gotta go to Wisconsin!”

Thanks to Devildeac again for including two of all three in the trade. All 3 cat3. Great to share delicious beer with the family.
    My face hurts from smiling at this post. Sooooooo happy to read this!!

You're most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post

These 3 New Glarus beers are the first ones beergoddess not just took more than 1 sip of, but loved. I love both the Belgian Red and the raspberry tart. I liked the Nectar the best of the 3. All 3 Cat 3 for me and beergoddess. And yes all credit for her screen-name goes to devildeac's brilliance.

Railhouse Orange Blossom Witbier

Really tasty with kettle chips during a cocktail hour pontoon ride. Darker color than I would have guessed. Not a ton of orange to it. Tasted a lot more like an amber than anything. Solid Cat 2.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I'm gonna post the link in chat for this thread for the @#$% we're demonstrating over at Carter Finley Stadium today.

20-28 in Carter Finley now.

Need more pale ales: clap, clap, clap/clap/clap.

The Veil Curtains V

I think the can is an xray of a snake, but who knows?

Poured like oil, if blackberry juice was oil.
    Thick and viscous.

A very thin, transient amazing cranberry coloured head.

Nose- what does a blackberry smoothie smell like?
    Sweet, rich berry nose.

Just. Damn.

Fruit fireworks explode on the tongue.
    Thick, rich glorious berry, with a hefty smack at the end cabernet sauvignon finish.

Unlike any beer I’ve ever had, in a class of its own.

What a glorious way to start the weekend.

Skol! 🍻

A very deep bow in the general direction of the Compass Rose Brew Crew!

Thank you!!!
    We had this one last night. Agree to all in fuse's stellar review.

Curtains V is mid Category 3. I thought the Weapon was even better. But these beers are class of their own and so only fair to compare with each other. They're similar so fun head-to-head. Thanks accfan!

Local Hop Crop

Well, now in year 3 or 4 of the lazy gardener hop crop experiment.

Pretty sure these are cascade.

Smell quite nice.

E6CCA5BD-ED33-4BE0-A77D-F16C24BA13CC.jpg

79A4C43A-3180-447D-85F5-5B5ECD2007A3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    We had this one last night. Agree to all in fuse's stellar review.

Curtains V is mid Category 3. I thought the Weapon was even better. But these beers are class of their own and so only fair to compare with each other. They're similar so fun head-to-head. Thanks accfan!
    In a word, yummmm

Thanks so much, ACCfan!

"We like grapey, but not overly grapey." I'll be impressed if you can identify which of my favorite movies this comes from...