Page 1636 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 636113615361586162616341635163616371638164616861736 ... LastLast
Results 32,701 to 32,720 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Those are 4 wonderful breweries to have as choices in a grocery store; seriously.
    Lowes Foods and their Beer Den are terrific. One can generally find some real gems (often super-local ones), either packaged or on draft. I frequent the one on Peter’s Creek Parkway and rarely come away disappointed.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Saw 4 packs of Resident Culture, New Anthem, Divine Barrel and Wise Man today at the local Lowes Foods. Will definitely be my grocery store of choice. They even have beer on tap for growler fills and to sip while you shop. Incredible.
    Just wonderful.

First saw this at the one at Ocean Isle a couple of years ago and actually said God Bless America out loud. Every time I go into that store it makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Lowes Foods and their Beer Den are terrific. One can generally find some real gems (often super-local ones), either packaged or on draft. I frequent the one on Peter’s Creek Parkway and rarely come away disappointed.
    I haven't set foot in a Lowe's Foods in Raleigh in many years; not convenient to my work/travels/shopping routes. However, your description might make me stray from the beaten paths...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

From Bottle Rev's tap list late last PM:

"Strike Fire IPA - American

6.6% ABV Wise Man Brewing Winston Salem, NC
    This West Coast IPA features an innovative symphony of flavors provided by all-German malts and some of our favorite hops, including Mosaic, Mandarina Bavaria, and Hallertau Blanc. A smooth and round citrus character is supported by herbal and fruity accents with a touch of dank. “Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman.” - Ludwig van Beethoven"

I would not have expected a West Coast IPA to be brewed with those hops. Might be an interesting beverage.

I haven't set foot in a Lowe's Foods in Raleigh in many years; not convenient to my work/travels/shopping routes. However, your description might make me stray from the beaten paths...
    My recently reviewed New Holland Dragon’s Milk Solera and the Sycamore pumpkin spice latte blonde ale (and the four-bagger of WMB Body Electric) were procured on my most recent visit there. And they had the WMB Blueberry Pie IPA (that apparently doesn’t taste like blueberries) on draft, but I was being rushed out and didn’t get to try it. Additional example: The location in Hickory had Photon Sphere in stock. It’s probably worth the inconvenience occasionally.

...I was being rushed out and didn’t get to try it...
    Ah yes, the "Let's GO!"
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Ah yes, the "Let's GO!"
    Exactly ....

From Bottle Rev's tap list late last PM:

"Strike Fire IPA - American

6.6% ABV Wise Man Brewing Winston Salem, NC
    This West Coast IPA features an innovative symphony of flavors provided by all-German malts and some of our favorite hops, including Mosaic, Mandarina Bavaria, and Hallertau Blanc. A smooth and round citrus character is supported by herbal and fruity accents with a touch of dank. “Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman.” - Ludwig van Beethoven"

I would not have expected a West Coast IPA to be brewed with those hops. Might be an interesting beverage.
    Had a half pour of this at the brewery. Enjoyed it.

My recently reviewed New Holland Dragon’s Milk Solera and the Sycamore pumpkin spice latte blonde ale (and the four-bagger of WMB Body Electric) were procured on my most recent visit there. And they had the WMB Blueberry Pie IPA (that apparently doesn’t taste like blueberries) on draft, but I was being rushed out and didn’t get to try it. Additional example: The location in Hickory had Photon Sphere in stock. It’s probably worth the inconvenience occasionally.
    That's quite a selection; not typical "grocery store" beers. (searching for Lowe's Food Stores after clicking "Submit Reply")

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Center of the Universe Octoberfest

Another bit from the Compass Rose Crew- thank you!

Beautiful amber color.
    Quick dissipating head.

I’d almost peg this as a hybrid between a German and American style Octoberfest.

The colour is more American style, the flavour more towards German.
    Lighter and crisper.

Pretty nice bready nose, and a honeyed finish.

Truly a delight!

Skol! 🍻
    Awesome, glad you enjoyed!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Legend Brown Ale

Ruby in the light, clear brown otherwise.

A super dense head that reduced down to a quarter inch in minutes.

Not much on the nose, maybe a bit nutty?

Beer like this make me wonder why brown ales ever fell out of favour.

Rich, almost birch beer earthy sweetness.

Smooth, easy quaffing.

Another Compass Rose Crew winner!

Skol! 🍻
    Their Brown Ale is their flagship. Been around forever, even before the "Craft Beer Boom" Also one of Mrs. Nrrrrvous's favorites. I prefer their Tripel but can't argue with either.

BTW, I love the word quaff. It is not used nearly enough.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Juicy #22-Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery

(aka as Something Hidden Juicy #22 on Untappd)

Local, but only RVA local. (yea, I had to learn where Goochland, VA is located)

Credit-Nrrrrvous; thank you!!
    Style-DNEIPA or NEDIPA (from their juicy IPA series featuring a different hop variety or combination with each release)
    Vessel-pint can (will be recycled next week to minimize the 10 billion # attached to the worldwide aluminum can deficit)
    Stemware-boring pint glass
    Appearance-yellowish orange with a 2 fingered, creamy head
    Scents-OJ and grapefruit
    Mouthfeel-smooth and juicy; no pulp
    Tastes-an explosion of oranges, orange zest, tangerine and a splash of pineapple/grapefruit juice and some lemon candy
    Adjuncts-OJ, orange zest and vanilla (if wheat and oats were listed, I'd believe those actors, too)
    Featured hop-Lotus (ok, who first started talking about this variety a couple months ago?)
    IBU-Untapped claims "No IBU" () but I'd guess about 40
    ABV-7.5% (kinda on the edge of IPA/IIPA territory)
    Overall impression-I paired with a giant, homemade soft shell taco, not knowing what to expect and was very pleasantly surprised
    Ymm, Beer rating-fighting for recognition in a large stadium, I'm sliding this into the lower tier of cat 3 as I found this a very tasty beverage
    Agree 100%. I do not drink a ton of IPAs but would definitely pick that one up again. Although they may have moved on to #23!

That's quite a selection; not typical "grocery store" beers. (searching for Lowe's Food Stores after clicking "Submit Reply")
    It ain't Stella, but it ain't Food Lion, either.

Saw 4 packs of Resident Culture, New Anthem, Divine Barrel and Wise Man today at the local Lowes Foods. Will definitely be my grocery store of choice. They even have beer on tap for growler fills and to sip while you shop. Incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpj96 View Post
    Just wonderful.

First saw this at the one at Ocean Isle a couple of years ago and actually said God Bless America out loud. Every time I go into that store it makes me happy.
    I only get down to Oak Island maybe once/twice a year but the Lowe's Beer Den there is great! Although when I went in August they had run out of New Anthem and Wise Man. Still had a good selection to choose from.

Sadly, no

From the list:

"Fresh on Fresh (2020)
    Bearded Iris Brewing — Nashville, TN"

Are you reading, davec? Has your friend ever delivered this one?
    Nope, never had it. And since his parents are now here in Columbus, the likelihood is very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Agree 100%. I do not drink a ton of IPAs but would definitely pick that one up again. Although they may have moved on to #23!
    According to their website, they have indeed moved on to #23.

Quote Originally Posted by davec View Post
    Nope, never had it. And since his parents are now here in Columbus, the likelihood is very low.
    "Road trip!"

Finally closing on the house today. Celebratory ales will be sipped, perhaps even quaffed.

Finally closing on the house today. Celebratory ales will be sipped, perhaps even quaffed.
    Congrats! Imbibe safely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Their Brown Ale is their flagship. Been around forever, even before the "Craft Beer Boom" Also one of Mrs. Nrrrrvous's favorites. I prefer their Tripel but can't argue with either.

BTW, I love the word quaff. It is not used nearly enough.
    Browns are up there with my favorites. Probably my beer equivalent of comfort food.