Page 1619 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 6191119151915691609161716181619162016211629166917192119 ... LastLast
Results 32,361 to 32,380 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

JackieO’s- Bourbon Barrel Aged Skipping Stone

Belgian style Quad Ale aged in bourbon barrels.
    “A timeless action of nature in motion inspired a beer both rich and elegant. Bourbon Barrel Aged Skipping Stone exudes powerful notes of caramel, dark fruit, spice, and oak. A beautiful beer to imbibe in subtle surroundings, where the mind can roam.”

STYLE
    BELGIAN STYLE QUAD ALE
    FLAVOR PROFILE CHOCOLATE
    ABV 13%

HOPS-CZECH SAZZ
    MALTS-AROMATIC MALT/HONEY MALT/MUNICH
    /SPECIAL B/WHITE WHEAT
    AGING METHOD
    BOURBON BARREL
    OTHER INGREDIENTS
    DARK BELGIAN CANDIED SYRUP

I waited for this a long time and it was worth the wait. Cat3, bourbon, chocolate, smooth, not too sweet, boozy. Really good.

Save the date!

👻October Virtual Pub👻
    🎃October 31, 4pm EDT🎃

Help your host theloveninja ward off evil spirits and celebrate All Hallow’s Eve by enjoying Trappist Ales!

Costumes optional and encouraged.
    (Original post had all kinds of cool costume emojis all of which got flagged by the wankerizer for some reason. Boo!)

Zoom details to be shared on Friday, 10/30.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    It was a line good enough to appear twice. Karma’s a mitch.
    Mitch Miller? I haven't heard that name/music in decades .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post

“A timeless action of nature in motion inspired a beer both rich and elegant. Bourbon Barrel Aged Skipping Stone exudes powerful notes of caramel, dark fruit, spice, and oak. A beautiful beer to imbibe in subtle surroundings, where the mind can roam.”

STYLE
    BELGIAN STYLE QUAD ALE
    FLAVOR PROFILE CHOCOLATE
    ABV 13%

HOPS-CZECH SAZZ
    MALTS-AROMATIC MALT/HONEY MALT/MUNICH
    /SPECIAL B/WHITE WHEAT
    AGING METHOD
    BOURBON BARREL
    OTHER INGREDIENTS
    DARK BELGIAN CANDIED SYRUP

I waited for this a long time and it was worth the wait. Cat3, bourbon, chocolate, smooth, not too sweet, boozy. Really good.
    Yea, I'd have serious issues with a beer mule (may substitute another word for mule there) who retained possession of that one for almost 10 months .

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Save the date!

👻October Virtual Pub👻
    🎃October 31, 4pm EDT🎃

Help your host theloveninja ward off evil spirits and celebrate All Hallow’s Eve by enjoying Trappist Ales!

(Original post had all kinds of cool costume emojis all of which got flagged by the wankerizer for some reason. Boo!)

An excellent choice.

Hmm, I'll have to look at the list of "official" Trappist ales and make my selections in the next couple weeks. I know I'll have to include the US monastery Trappist Ale that I'm certain I've never tasted. (Spencer maybe?)

I'm going to try and "import" some costume emojis and see if they sneak by the wankerizer, but, that'll have to be a separate post.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Save the date!

👻October Virtual Pub👻
    🎃October 31, 4pm EDT🎃

On "Preview Post" these appear to work:

devil9f.gificon_pirate.gifpolice.gifbandit.gif

Coolship Red-Allagash Brewing Company

Local? Nope!

Credit-RJ199 said my palate and I had to have this beer so he traded it Saturday; thanks!!
    Style-barrel aged, fruited sour
    Format-unusual, a corked and caged 375 ml bottle
    Bottled on July 2, 2020 (see below; it had 2-2.5 years aging before that)
    Stemware-small Allagash tulip from a "glass night" at Tyler's Durham several years ago
    Appearance-sparkling clear (until the murky last 5 ml) raspberry red; small, bubbly head
    Mouthfeel-tingly
    Tastes-sour raspberry wine; tart, yet hints of raspberry jam; lemon and lime; Cabernet; oak
    Aging-label said 2 years in foedres and 4 more months "on raspberries;" Untapped says 6 months on raspberries in oak wine barrels
    Adjunct-100 lbs fresh Maine raspberries per each oak barrel
    IBU-might be <10
    ABV-6.2% (felt higher due to the wine barrel aging)
    Overall impression-superb sour; paired well with mixed greens, grilled chicken, blueberries, strawberries and apples
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid cat 3; a bit spendy but worth the splurge

Shocked about no reports from accfan and/or Nrrrrvous about any tastings last PM from the recent deliveries.

Costumes & Karaoke
    Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
    Cream Ale
    8% ABV
    "Imperial cream ale with turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, star anise, oats cardamom and vanilla bean"

Procured on a trip to Total Wine. Tastes eerily similar to a beer I've had before, but I can't quite place it. Ginger and cinnamon come through more than the other flavors. Delicious and slightly dangerous at 8%.

Good Lord luburch...
    Although I could go for a Guinness Ice Cream float followed by a nap right now.
    Ahhh naps, how I love them...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Mrs Nrrrrvous and I are splitting this one right now. Agree with everything RJ said above! For those of us who don’t dig “pumpkin” flavor this is a great Fall beer.
    Honestly I was almost expecting not to like this one but pleasantly surprised!

BTW - Mrs. Nrrrrvous agrees. Pretty sure she took about 75% of this one.
    New Glarus Raspberry Tart. This is another cat3 fruit beer. But I really like the Belgian Red better. Probably means I like cherries more than raspberries. I am going to share the next two with my daughter. This is now an “occasion” beer. Special to share and talk about. Wisconsin is now home to two of my favorites, New Glarus and the GBay Packers.
    Since Mrs. Nrrrrvous drank most of the Carrot Cake, I had to find something for myself.

Drum Roll please...

Founders - Mas Agave Lime

)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Shocked about no reports from accfan and/or Nrrrrvous about any tastings last PM from the recent deliveries.
    I think we each had a couple last night...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Costumes & Karaoke
    Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
    Cream Ale
    8% ABV
    "Imperial cream ale with turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, star anise, oats cardamom and vanilla bean"

Procured on a trip to Total Wine. Tastes eerily similar to a beer I've had before, but I can't quite place it. Ginger and cinnamon come through more than the other flavors. Delicious and slightly dangerous at 8%.
    Trying to think what that prior beer might be and coming up glass completely empty.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Good Lord luburch...
    Although I could go for a Guinness Ice Cream float followed by a nap right now.
    Ahhh naps, how I love them...
    Ahh, a beer float. Haven't had one in years. Perhaps I should not have had that small bowl of ice cream after lunch today.

I think we each had a couple last night...
    Yea, you're right, but, but, but, what have you done for us lately?

...Perhaps I should not have had that small bowl of ice cream after lunch today.
    What madness is afoot here?! Has there been a dimensional shift I missed? Ice cream on a Wednesday afternoon? After lunch? The mind boggles.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Yea, you're right, but, but, but, what have you done for us lately?

I think it's going to be a slow beer night tonight. Mrs. Nrrrrvous is teaching Yoga and I promised the kids a movie night. Might sip on something while watching the movie, we'll see.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

I do have to work

Olde Hickory Brewery in Hickory, N.C. - Acan, an imperial brown ale brewed with sweet agave and aged for 16 months in tequila barrels. According to Steven Lyerly, master brewer at Olde Hickory Brewery, “folks with aversions to tequila might not like it, oh well.”

12.6% percent ABV.

Not your typical brown ale. Sweet from the agave, nice smooth brown ale, a kick with the tequila barrel aging. I really enjoyed this beer, different, a bit complex, but really went down easy. Heard it was expensive so not sure how often one would go to it, but I would get another or a 4-pack.

Great part of the trade. As a BBA guy, I really enjoyed the contrast of the tequila touch. High cat 2, maybe low cat3. Excellent beer.

NoDa Gordgeous

First pumpkin beer of the year (and only type in the fridge).

Pours a beautiful ruby brown.
    Thick tan head.

Smells like autumn.
    Also like clove, cinnamon and ginger. 🎃

Rich vanilla flows to pumpkin and spice.

I’m pretty finicky about pumpkin beer.

Beyond Jolly Pumpkin beer (not all of which have pumpkin, though a good bit do), I used to advocate for
    Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin
    Dogfish Head Punk’n

as my top two pumpkin beers, with others like Southern Tier Pumking in the running.

I had my first NoDa Gordgeous in uptown Charlotte on draft, and it was magical.

Sadly, DFH and Weyerbacher have gone downhill, and Southern Tier is just too sweet.

Any pumpkin beer hater that can get access to NoDa Gordgeous should give it a try.

Its that good.

Skol! 🎃🍻

Fall beer musings...

Whatever happened to fall fresh hop beers, like Sierra Nevada Estate?

Also, where did the great fall beers go?
    Specifically thinking about beer like:
    Ommegang Grains of Truth
    Southern Tier Harvest

I’m sure there are others that I am forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    What madness is afoot here?! Has there been a dimensional shift I missed? Ice cream on a Wednesday afternoon? After lunch? The mind boggles.
    I worked a half day today from about 130-530 so I treated myself before my appointed assignments.