Page 1563 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 5631063146315131553156115621563156415651573161316632063 ... LastLast
Results 31,241 to 31,260 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Do hummingbird wings use perpetual motion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNNW0SPkChI

their wings must be stronger than red oak
    Perpetually:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HMZmBLws82s
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

If this isn't the hummingbird's favorite beer, then it should be:

https://untappd.com/b/new-glarus-bre...ar-ale/3731657

Cat 3

If this isn't the hummingbird's favorite beer, then it should be:

https://untappd.com/b/new-glarus-bre...ar-ale/3731657

Cat 3
    Ahh, yes, Nectar Ale, which does have some German heritage, making it a great choice for that popular
    fad, Virtual Pub, in a bit over two weeks.

Three out of four tastings tonight made me a Wise Man.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Three out of four tastings tonight made me a Wise Man.
    I believe that three or four beers and I'm the wisest man on earth! (Mrs. Nrrrrvous might disagree just a bit.)
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

without beer, pandemic restrictions would be tough.

without geometry, endless posting would be pointless

like circles
    and circular posting
    FencePost.jpg
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I believe that three or four beers and I'm the wisest man on earth! (Mrs. Nrrrrvous might disagree just a bit.)
    Ahh, but the fifth one makes you fearless and handsome.

Hmm, it does indeed take a Wise Man to realize and post that, without being needless.

Hmm, it does indeed take a Wise Man to realize and post that, without being needless.
    I don't know about needless but I have been to Needles, CA/AZ.

Needles.jpg

Ahh, but the fifth one makes you fearless and handsome.
    And the seventh one makes me...

...asleep!

I don't know about needless but I have been to Needles, CA/AZ.

Needles.jpg
    I thought about referencing that but it didn't have enough "s" to qualify for needless.

Pinehurst Brewing Company Wrong Until Right Saison

A new PBC beer on draft. A very tasty saison. Bright gold pour. Medium white head. Initially tastes a little like a Belgian golden ale, with a hint of bubble gum. Became less sweet and more yeasty, with just a little funk, over time. Some gravity to it, at 8.0% ABV. Was very tasty with a smoked turkey Caesar salad. Very high Cat 2, maybe edging to Cat 3.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

And the seventh one makes me...

...asleep!
    You must've been reading RJ199's posts from last PM discussing lullabies, sleeping and beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Pinehurst Brewing Company Wrong Until Right Saison

A new PBC beer on draft. A very tasty saison. Bright gold pour. Medium white head. Initially tastes a little like a Belgian golden ale, with a hint of bubble gum. Became less sweet and more yeasty, with just a little funk, over time. Some gravity to it, at 8.0% ABV. Was very tasty with a smoked turkey Caesar salad. Very high Cat 2, maybe edging to Cat 3.
    I don't recall seeing many PBC brews at Bottle Rev, Falls Village Wine and Beer or Total Wine on Capital Blvd or their North Hills location. Sounds like they're improving their products from what I recall you've posted in the last 2-3 years.

I don't recall seeing many PBC brews at Bottle Rev, Falls Village Wine and Beer or Total Wine on Capital Blvd or their North Hills location. Sounds like they're improving their products from what I recall you've posted in the last 2-3 years.
    I doubt they distribute much outside of the Sandhills. If they do, it's probably only the 1895 Lager and the Pivot IPA. What I had yesterday was a crowler procured from the brewery. The head brewer is someone they brought over from Heist. As with all new breweries, I don't think their very first beers were their best beers. But I have very much liked the ones I have had from there recently.

I will say this extra bit: PBC has *the best* crowler cans out there. They are twist cap, not pop-top. Every brewery should do crowler cans like PBC, because you don't have to down all 32 ounces in a single sitting.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I doubt they distribute much outside of the Sandhills. If they do, it's probably only the 1895 Lager and the Pivot IPA. What I had yesterday was a crowler procured from the brewery. The head brewer is someone they brought over from Heist. As with all new breweries, I don't think their very first beers were their best beers. But I have very much liked the ones I have had from there recently.

I will say this extra bit: PBC has *the best* crowler cans out there. They are twist cap, not pop-top. Every brewery should do crowler cans like PBC, because you don't have to down all 32 ounces in a single sitting.
    I'm not even sure I've seen those two brews you mentioned. The Heist Brewing hire/connection is rather interesting, too.

The twist cap crowler is also a great idea, especially because we're not fuse (but we all wannabe ). Another reason I like my swing-top mini-growlers.

Pedantic, pointless mini rant on growlers and crowlers of any size/configuration.

Growlers and crowlers are not the same as canned or bottled beer, which at least in theory are processed to keep air out.

While glass growlers can have the top put back on, they can’t be resealed.
    The theoretical advantage of the crowler is it is more like canning the way the top is attached post pour than simply screwing on a top.

Glass is supposed to be good for a day or two, crowlers maybe a bit longer (4 days? Six days?)

Anyway, once you let the air in the growler/crowler by opening it, you are now experiencing the beer as good as its going to be.
    Reclosable top or not, won’t be the same tomorrow or the day after.
    May not be bad, will be different (and maybe flat).

Anyway, I do not take beer that seriously.
    I do tend to plan around once the crowler/growler is open, its a single session with however many folks are interested in sharing it.

All in good fun- if you enjoy it, that’s what matters.

Having a flight at Brown Truck Brewery in High Point.

Up first, a gose I'm actually enjoying.

Incendiary Shift: Blue NEIPA

This brewery is on a bit of a roll now. My IPA stash was running low, so I grabbed a four-pack of this to support the local guys. It is one of their "Shift" series, in which they change-up the hops they use.

Shift: Blue is brewed with Citra, Mosaic, and Columbus hops. Checks in at 8.1% ABV, so a bit higher gravity. Pours a kinda muddy gold, with minimal head. Ripe pineapple flavor and some dankness on the palate. Maybe a touch of mango. I'd guess the IBUs are in the upper 40's or low 50's. Quite balanced, and gets to the upper end of Cat 2. A really good beer in a somewhat crowded category, but I'm glad to have more of this. Incendiary is turning itself into an up-and-comer in the Triad.
    Courtesy of a richardjackson199 delivery.

Lemon, grapefruit, and pineapple nose.

Muddy gold is a great description of the colour.

Opening note for me is watermelon, followed by a lush cornucopia of tropical fruit salad, with a grapefruit bitter finish.

I rushed, so its still a little too cold. I imagine as it warms up it will get even better and its already quite enjoyable.

Thanks rj199 and thebeergoddess!

Skol! 🍻

If you are looking to get your FOMO on...

https://oct.co/essays/best-ipas-2020-so-far

Had 2 on this list, most I’ve not heard of, or seen, or may have heard of the brewery by reputation.