Page 1559 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 5591059145915091549155715581559156015611569160916592059 ... LastLast
Results 31,161 to 31,180 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Enjoying an Asheville classic on my final night here. Asheville Brewing Shiva IPA. Such an old school IPA. Not bad, but the best part about it is the nostalgia.

Cheers, Asheville!
    And Cheers to your new home in the 336. My friend we are going to toast your new job, right. You waited for the right opportunity and then took the best of 2 offers you landed on the same day. What beer is worthy to toast for these congrats?

Dark Lord (The highest of thanks to fuse for parting with one of his. The highest of thanks to davec, devildeac, and all who submitted their online order in time to make this happen). (Tripping William also thanks fuse for trading/giving me a dark lord, meaning T-Will's stash of 4 is safe for now).

When? - Sept 19 (also happens to be my birthday).

mattman, amusedcupcake, beergoddess, and I have planned some shenanigans involving Ryan's steakhouse and some ufc, but I'd love it if we can start with maybe a 5 pm Zoom toast of some dark-lords to Mattman. If you don't have dark lord, you may substitute double-oaked Woodford, good wine from your cellar, Virginia crafted beer, or the Cat 3 beverage of your choice

looking forward!

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    Two major accomplishments today:
    1. Finally caught up with a weeks worth of posts to Ymm, Beer
    2. Helped get my son through his first day of virtual Kindergarten

Tonight I will sample something I tacked onto today's grocery pickup order: Founder's Mas Agave Grapefruit. I think I read somewhere this was worth giving a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    1. Great! There'll be a quiz at 10 PM tonight. Open glass/can, err, book exam.
    2. Even better!! Congrats!!
    Thanks. We'll see how tomorrow goes when I'm trying to work from home at the same time. I'm pretty sure the only certainty is I'll want another beer at the end of the day.

Tonight I will sample something I tacked onto today's grocery pickup order: Founder's Mas Agave Grapefruit. I think I read somewhere this was worth giving a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Many of us really, really like that beer.
    Indeed. Four pack for myself and another 4 bagger for my other self, Tripping William. RJ199 has posted some superlatives, too, IIRC, with all of us liking the Mas Agave Lime version a bit better. Don't think we've heard from fuse on that one. Yet.

Meant that to be tongue in cheek. The few gose / sours I've had have been a bit too sour for me, but I decided to give this one a try based on the glowing reviews here. Glad I did, as I really enjoyed this. Definitely a cat 3. Considered having a second, but it is a weeknight. Now I really want to try the lime version. It would have been my first choice, but seems to be out of stock nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    The jury would be convinced by multiple witnesses dating back to my undergraduate days that I have a long documented history of cluelessness with all technology.

I might be able to take a picture with my phone and send it, but not sure because I'd get beergoddess to help me do it.

Your honor, my client is clearly so clueless there is no other explanation than he is telling the truth
    True story:

Although I am a civil trial lawyer I used to get shanghai’d — er, volunteered — to represent the occasional federal criminal defendant. I tried a bankrobbry case where my guy allegedly* went into a bank, discharged a sawed-off shotgun twice, and then jumped into a getaway car with a bag of money. Later got into a gun fight on a busy public road with a cop before being apprehended.

His co-defendant was the “getaway driver.” The driver’s defense (which I believe to be factually true) was that he was so high on crack he did not realize my guy went into the bank with a gun and robbed it.

They would have gotten away, except the “getaway driver” drew suspicion by driving 20 mph on a road most people exceed 50.

* and by “allegedly” I mean convicted, and sentenced to 35 years.

Meant that to be tongue in cheek. The few gose / sours I've had have been a bit too sour for me, but I decided to give this one a try based on the glowing reviews here. Glad I did, as I really enjoyed this. Definitely a cat 3. Considered having a second, but it is a weeknight. Now I really want to try the lime version. It would have been my first choice, but seems to be out of stock nearby.
    Yep, having a second of that is a real temptation, but, at about 10% ABV, but would not be a wise decision.

Can't help you with that task like I was able to help myself and Tripping William, my other self .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I’m not sure I had ever heard of this restaurant.
    The menu is amazing. Now need to figure out future take out plans. Thanks for the recommendation!!!
    Gocciolina is fantastic. At first I hesitated to share the find because it was REALLY hard to get a table, especially on game nights. Now that all restaurants need our help I would strongly urge you Dermites to support the place.
    I miss it so!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

And Cheers to your new home in the 336. My friend we are going to toast your new job, right. You waited for the right opportunity and then took the best of 2 offers you landed on the same day. What beer is worthy to toast for these congrats?

Dark Lord (The highest of thanks to fuse for parting with one of his. The highest of thanks to davec, devildeac, and all who submitted their online order in time to make this happen). (Tripping William also thanks fuse for trading/giving me a dark lord, meaning T-Will's stash of 4 is safe for now).

When? - Sept 19 (also happens to be my birthday).

mattman, amusedcupcake, beergoddess, and I have planned some shenanigans involving Ryan's steakhouse and some ufc, but I'd love it if we can start with maybe a 5 pm Zoom toast of some dark-lords to Mattman. If you don't have dark lord, you may substitute double-oaked Woodford, good wine from your cellar, Virginia crafted beer, or the Cat 3 beverage of your choice

looking forward!
    I will toast you from a campfire in the middle of nowhere, VA. Odds are pretty good I won't have any cell/internet but I will be there in spirit! With Spirits!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Thanks. We'll see how tomorrow goes when I'm trying to work from home at the same time. I'm pretty sure the only certainty is I'll want another beer at the end of the day.
    Yesterday was our first day of the two upper-classmen on their zoom classes and me working from home. The county servers were down for a while but other than that I thought it went fairly well. Minimal complaints about band-width.

And yes, I topped it off with some Starr Hill Love Wheat.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

You and I are in the same boat. Although, if I recall, there may be a Lime version waiting for me somewhere?

From Saturday Night -

Ballad Brewing Citrus Sour

5.6%
    IBU - Nada
    32oz growler fill at the local Kroger for $7!! Poured into a snifter.
    Local? - Danville is about 2.5 hours from home and a little over an hour from SML, so yeah, pretty local.
    Golden, clear pour, minimal head that disappeared quickly.
    After hiking up the side of a mountain and back down with the wife and kids all day, I was looking forward to this. (Never mind the Poison Oak I seem to have encountered on the trail, still a great day!)
    Did not disappoint. Nice, crisp, tart with a good bit of wheat beer "feel" to it.
    Easy Category 2. If I'm ever in Danville, I will have to stop in and see what else they offer!

Coconut Ducle Muerte - Incendiary - 10.5%

I'm going to re-review this beer because I recently traded 2, and I didn't do this beer justice on my first review. I just had another one and now I see what T-Will meant. For some reason the first time I had it this was a slow sipper. Tonight I thought it was outstanding. I must have been in the mood for some coconut and this one hit the spot.

It's black and smells like rich chocolate.

The taste this time was much better and more balanced than my first can. No clue why. Dark chocolate, some vanilla, with notable fun coconut emerging. There is some cinnamon, and yes this one has some habanero heat, but not bad I promise. It's quite flavorful right from the get-go, and those flavors are good.

Very nice full-bodied, creamy mouthfeel. This beer is comparable to the Photon Sphere and might actually be better. I'm very curious to hear what fuse and devildeac think.

Huge shout-out to Tripping William for recommending this beer.

This one was Category 3

Very well done Incendiary
    Glad you enjoyed it better the second time. The Photon Sphere comp is spot-on, IMO.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

From Sunday afternoon -

Twin Creeks Brewing - The Big O.C. DIPA
    8%
    IBU - 95

Twin Creeks has a Pub with lots of outdoor picnic tables IN Explore Park! Took the family tubing on the Roanoke River all afternoon and then stopped by the Pub for a cold pint and some loaded tots on the way out.
    So straight from the tap to the pint glass.

I've enjoyed everything I've had from Twin Creeks, the Gose's, the Kolsch, the Blonde, the Cream Ale. So decided to give their DIPA a try. It was not quite on the level of the Hardywood and Three Notch'd IPAs I had just enjoyed the week before but definitely nothing to walk away from. Nice, solid category 2 in a crowded field.

Note to self - don't tube all day, drinking no water, and then go straight to the pub for an 8%'er.

Sorry for the deluge of posts this morning. Busy weekend of travel, then the first day of school and back to work yesterday. Haven't had much time at the Forums.

Good catching up on what everyone else was drinking!

My beer fridge is getting empty, time for a beer run after work this week!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Gocciolina is fantastic. At first I hesitated to share the find because it was REALLY hard to get a table, especially on game nights. Now that all restaurants need our help I would strongly urge you Dermites to support the place.
    I miss it so!
    Yogi, is that you again?

"Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I will toast you from a campfire in the middle of nowhere, VA. Odds are pretty good I won't have any cell/internet but I will be there in spirit! With Spirits!
    Have fun. Be safe. Drink good beer.

Beginning to plot a meet-up with you and accfan later this month. I'll send you both a PM.

You and I are in the same boat. Although, if I recall, there may be a Lime version waiting for me somewhere?
    At your service with one lime and one grapefruit if you'd like.

From Sunday afternoon -

Twin Creeks Brewing - The Big O.C. DIPA
    8%
    IBU - 95

Twin Creeks has a Pub with lots of outdoor picnic tables IN Explore Park! Took the family tubing on the Roanoke River all afternoon and then stopped by the Pub for a cold pint and some loaded tots on the way out.
    So straight from the tap to the pint glass.

I've enjoyed everything I've had from Twin Creeks, the Gose's, the Kolsch, the Blonde, the Cream Ale. So decided to give their DIPA a try. It was not quite on the level of the Hardywood and Three Notch'd IPAs I had just enjoyed the week before but definitely nothing to walk away from. Nice, solid category 2 in a crowded field.

Note to self - don't tube all day, drinking no water, and then go straight to the pub for an 8%'er.
    Yea, I've become real careful the last two summers with any walking, hiking, yard work (won't mention lawn mowing as it's way too "common" a topic) and (when previously allowed) ballroom dancing, to stay well-hydrated with water, sport drinks and the occasional craft brew.

Sorry for the deluge of posts this morning. Busy weekend of travel, then the first day of school and back to work yesterday. Haven't had much time at the Forums.

Good catching up on what everyone else was drinking!

My beer fridge is getting empty, time for a beer run after work this week!
    Always enjoy reading your posts; no apology needed.

You'll have to contact RJ199 about that "problem." He helped a couple of us greatly on Labor Day.

ATTN: davec

From a local craft beer/wine shop: "FRESH BEER DROPS THIS WEEK FROM NEWGRASS, CASITA BREWING, BURIAL, COMMONWEALTH, NEW ANTHEM, HEIST, BEARDED IRIS (NEW TO NC FROM NASHVILLE, TN)..."

Worth exploring more based on your/our tasting of Homestyle recently?

(Sorry for the all caps; that's the way the owner sends out his emails )

ATTN: davec

From a local craft beer/wine shop: "FRESH BEER DROPS THIS WEEK FROM NEWGRASS, CASITA BREWING, BURIAL, COMMONWEALTH, NEW ANTHEM, HEIST, BEARDED IRIS (NEW TO NC FROM NASHVILLE, TN)..."

Worth exploring more based on your/our tasting of Homestyle recently?

(Sorry for the all caps; that's the way the owner sends out his emails )
    Definitely worth exploring. I've had, iirc, 4 or 5 of their offerings and really liked all of them.

Just checked Untapped. I've actually had 7. Time flies! Homestyle has been my favorite, but i also liked Back Talk (pale ale), Assorted Flavors (pastry stout), Very Varied (DNEIPA), Hotline (NEIPA), Offbeat (DNEIPA), and Double Scatterbrain DDH w/Citra (DNEIPA). Obviously been a bit heavy on the hazy IPAs.

My neighbor always brings some back when he goes to TN. Unfortunately, he heads there next week to help move his parents up to IN, so future deliveries will be fewer and farther between.