Page 1555 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 5551055145515051545155315541555155615571565160516552055 ... LastLast
Results 31,081 to 31,100 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    For the Winston-Salem contingent, and soon-to-be Twin City residents:

Conceited Genius 2.0-Wise Man Brewing

Sounds local to me.

Credit-one for davec, one for son, one for younger son-in-law and one for me
    Style-NEIPA
    Format-aluminum trees disappearing at an alarming rate
    Sipping vessel-snifter
    Appearance-hazy topical fruit juice with a foamy topping
    Nose-tropical fruit salad
    Mouthfeel-juice
    Tastes-about as expected with pineapple, guava and mango and a few grapefruit rind shavings
    Hops-Citra and Montueka; yes, please, may I have another?
    IBU-80 (I'd have thought about 60 or less); very mildly bitter
    ABV-6.1%, but not unbalanced
    Overall impression-rises above a crowded stadium
    Ymm, Beer rating-upper cat 2 and willing to debate a low level cat 3 for this; a very tasty beverage
    I've had many of these. I can attest that if you find this one fresh within 7 days of brew date like Mattman alerted me to it's easy Cat 3 for style

From 1/28/18:

Truth-Rheingeist Brewery

(Get your son to) buy local (then deliver) and drink local!

Six pack of cans delivered just before Christmas.

This is really a good IPA in a rather crowded field. Pour into a standard pint glass was slightly hazy with a modest, foamy head Color was yellow with a hint of orange. Fresh aromas of citrus and tropical nectars. Juicy tastes of pineapple, grapefruit, mango and a drop or two of orange. There's a bit of zestiness, too. Solid IPA stats of 75 on the IBUs and 7.2% for the ABV and it's nicely balanced. Would pair nicely with mild to moderately spicy fare. Three have been set aside for fuse and I'll trade and/or enjoy my remaining two. Soon.

Edit: Forgot ingredients

MALTS: Pale Ale, Vienna, CaraRed
    HOPS: Amarillo, Citra, Simcoe, Centennial
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    https://www.winemag.com/2020/08/14/b...dium=inhousead

devildeac, looks like your network ought to keep an eye open for the Rhinegeist beer in this article.
    You should remember that one. It was the Rheingeist IPA you sipped right around the time you acquired Knowledge.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    This board has pointed me to a few beers and breweries that I am glad to have experienced. The first few Wiseman beers that I've had over the past 6 months or so have registered as solid, and definitely respectable, but nothing amazing when compared to it's NC peers. Tonight I am much more of a convert to treating them as a seek-out brewery. I think Soft and Sublime is now my favorite NE IPA from NC.
    We're all here to share, edjumacate each other and have some beer fun. So happy we've been able to help!

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Sept 26 - 12 Noon doors open and 5 pm Zoom. sorry just catching up on thread.

Beergoddess just said "New Glarus makes cooking even more fun than it even already is."

Yes I am living the dream
    Thanks!!

From 1/4/20:

Velvet Walrus-Väsen Brewing Company

Local for a couple folks on Ymm, Beer.

Credit-accfanfrom1970 who brought a mixed 6er to our Fullsteam gathering; thanks!!
    Format-16 ounce can
    Style-flavored (imperial) milk stout; "...Goo goo g'joob..."
    Stemware-snifter
    Appearance-dark brown with a foamy, tan head funneled to the top of the glassware
    Aromas-milk chocolate; hints of mint and vanilla
    Mouthfeel-a bit thin but silky
    Tastes-first, milk chocolate; then heavily roasted/toasted grains; dark caramel; subtle vanilla and mint
    Additives-lactose; vanilla; mint
    IBU-16; a bit surprising for the style as I'd have guessed 40
    ABV-8%; hence, my "imperial" designation
    Overall impression-a well constructed beverage; I expected something closer to RBC's Thin Mint or Southern Tier's Thick Mint
    Ymm, Beer rating-middle/upper cat 2; a bit stronger flavoring/s might have nudged it to cat 3; the BBA version might have also...
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Vasen Brewery. Local? Yes in Scott’s Addition, downtown Richmond. The Velvet Walrus. Milk stout aged in four roses bourbon barrels. 9.9% abv, 22 ibu’s. East Kent Goldings, Maris otter, chocolate wheat, roasted barley, crystal malt, flakes oats. Everyone’s doing BBA stouts, and this is another good one.

“This massive milk stout is our biggest walrus yet. We aged this dark ale in bourbon barrels for nearly 6 months to produce a complex flavor profile of rich dark chocolate and vanilla with hints of strawberry and coconut. A giant brew with a super smooth finish.”

Definitely get the dark chocolate, hint of bourbon. Smooth and better as it warmed.
    Oh, man, there's the BBA version I was referencing about 8 months ago.

We're all here to share, edjumacate each other and have some beer fun. So happy we've been able to help!
    Indeed. And in addition to making really good beer, Wise Man Brewing has the best acronym in the business.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Happy to see RJ199 and the beergoddess are alive and well!

SDDB at the fuse household tomorrow afternoon. DBR bandwidth might have to be increased for a few hours afterwards...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Totally agree with you on the Hefeweizens, but there are several tasty American Oktoberfests that do the style justice.
    Like Wise Man Endless Measure. Just had one and it's very worthy.

Strong Cat 2 for style

SDDB at the fuse household tomorrow afternoon. DBR bandwidth might have to be increased for a few hours afterwards...
    Had Neon Sails NEIPA yesterday as a SDDB with a friend From Louisiana who made homemade gumbo:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/44121/340764/

The gumbo was so damn good, I’ll say it paired well but anything really would have done so.

I hate packing/moving. So much more work to do, but for now, time for a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    New Anthem So Desu Ne IPA

Double dry hopped with Citra, Mosaic, and Vic Secret. 7.7% ABV. Pours a thick gold with some hints of brown. Also really dank, but not as dank as Yellowed Postcards. Some underlying citrus. Another well-balanced standout. Cat 3. Really terrific beer.
    Nice! I suspected as much. Stella sold out of that one Early Sat morning just before I tried to get it

(meaning after your review I might have to peek in Brewer's Kettle Clemmons for this and the yellowed postcards. They also carry lots of NA).

Haw River Golden Milk Stout

Another fascinating Haw River beer. Based on an old Indian recipe. Flaked oats. Coconut. Turmeric root. Ginger. Cardamom pods. Cinnamon. Cracked black peppercorn. Lots going on. Pours the color of an Oktoberfest. Foamy head. Lots of spice flavors. Not much “stout” to it. Extremely well balanced for all those ingredients. 6.2% ABV. The finish lingers forever. Cat 3. Worth tracking down. Procured mine at SoPines Growler yesterday.
    goodness, even reading this review proves devildeac junior just hasn't had the right Haw River yet

goodness, even reading this review proves devildeac junior just hasn't had the right Haw River yet
    Kid must be adopted.

He was watching DMB Drive-In last night. He wasn’t alone.
    and I'm doing it again. 2 nights of vintage DMB goes great with beer

This free DMB drive-in really made this pandemic summer much better. Cheers to you DMB

we're ok. just chillin to lying in our graves

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Had Neon Sails NEIPA yesterday as a SDDB with a friend From Louisiana who made homemade gumbo:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/44121/340764/

The gumbo was so damn good, I’ll say it paired well but anything really would have done so.
    I like the idea/concept/execution of IPAs/IIPAs with spicy foods with the thought that pilsners/wheat beers might be overwhelmed with the flavors/spiciness of that style of cuisine.

I'm still working on him...

Kid must be adopted.
    Maybe, he's really yours, err, ours...

Maybe, he's really yours, err, ours...

Easy now. That’s how OPK starts rumors ....

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    This board has pointed me to a few beers and breweries that I am glad to have experienced. The first few Wiseman beers that I've had over the past 6 months or so have registered as solid, and definitely respectable, but nothing amazing when compared to it's NC peers. Tonight I am much more of a convert to treating them as a seek-out brewery. I think Soft and Sublime is now my favorite NE IPA from NC.
    Had one of those tonight too. WMB isn't afraid to make lots of new beer of all styles. They do it extremely well more times than not