Page 1458 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 458958135814081448145614571458145914601468150815581958 ... LastLast
Results 29,141 to 29,160 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Innis & Gunn Whiskey Barrel Aged Stout.

Dense, creamy tan head.
    Amazing caramel and bourbon nose.

A bit thin on the palate, fairly light mouthfeel for a barrel aged stout.

An excellent confluence of flavour- coffee, caramel, and whiskey, with a dry roasty finish.

A worthy night cap! Would pair well with a cigar.

Skol! 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I'm getting stoked about your virtual pub. 5 trips to Sydney - Wow. I hope to make it down under to Aussie and New Zealand once one day. But in the shorter term, I'm looking forward to People's Porter
    I’ve also been to Perth (Fremantle) eight or nine times; Geelong, Townsville and Hobart once each, and four ports in New Zealand: Auckland, Wellington, Wanganui and Mount Maunganui.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I am by no means an expert.
    How you light it (butane or cedar), how you choose to open the cap (punch, slice, guillotine, ...) and not smoking ballpark the last third are some of the things I’ve learned in limited experience.

Other than a couple of Cubans (Cohiba and Romeo Y Julieta), the brands I’ve enjoyed include Ashton, Arturo Fuente, CAO, Davidoff, and H. Upmann, Macanudo, Monte Cristo, Padron, and Partagas.

I’ve smoked 2 cigarettes in my life, and never saw the appeal. Given that cigarette “tobacco” is really chemically treated tabacco paper, I guess I get it.

Cigars are real tobacco, and something I’ve found fun as an occasional social experience. Don’t think I’ve ever had a cigar alone.
    I am a total novice, but cigars are my guilty pleasure. Mrs. Tripping, bless her heart, hates them, so I don’t get many opportunities. Love ‘em on the golf course (when it isn’t 90 zillion degrees with a heat index of eleventy zillion degrees....Celsius).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    If you mean the Raleigh Brewing Company Hell Yes Ma'am, a golden/tripel ale, you got a really good local beer. I'm not sure any of us have had that particular Wicked Weed.

Paging Tripping William: what was that bottle shop you really liked in Southport (IIRC)?
    Can’t recall the name. It is just off Moore Street. Might be in the Silver Coast Winery tasting room (Moore & Howe).

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I am a total novice, but cigars are my guilty pleasure. Mrs. Tripping, bless her heart, hates them, so I don’t get many opportunities. Love ‘em on the golf course (when it isn’t 90 zillion degrees with a heat index of eleventy zillion degrees...Celsius).
    Consider a Xicar cutter and a jet lighter if you don’t already have them. Received them as gifts, its a nice enhancement to the experience.

Two more SoPines BC acquisitions to be consumed and reviewed in the coming days:

(1) Pink Guava gosè. This one is new. Grabbed a four-bagger.

(2) A crowler of 2020’s Capri NEIPA. Loved this juicy one last year.

Consider a Xicar cutter and a jet lighter if you don’t already have them. Received them as gifts, its a nice enhancement to the experience.
    Thanks for the tip.

Since we’re talking about BBA Quads ( well Richard and I am) - Hardywood - It Figures -

A blend of Bourbon Cru (a bourbon barrel-aged quadrupel) and Trickery (an imperial milk stout aged in apple brandy barrels) spiced with figs and vanilla.

Pours a dark brown color. 1st wiff is of pure vanilla bean, then chocolate. You get dark chocolate and roasted malt notes. A little brown sugar, and a lot of vanilla flavor. A vanilla bomb of a beer with a rich, silky texture. Cat 4?

Per the brewers - “blended to achieve a perfect balance, we selected an 11 month aged BBA Cru barrel and a 13 month aged trickery barrel (look it up). In this blend of colossal beers, we conditioned on fig and vanilla for a silky smooth and dark fruit forward experience.”

12.5% and $30 a bottle. But, but, I’m glad I bought two don’t tell Deb. Man Hardywood knows how to BBA beers.

I’m done for the day/night/weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Yes, it is he Hell Yes Ma'am. Must've got lucky on that grab!
    Funny story about how the beer was named. Hopefully, they still have it on their website along with a short description of the beer. If you can't find the story (it's a short one), let Ymm, Beer know and fuse or I can post it for you. Again, that's a really good beer.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Innis & Gunn Whiskey Barrel Aged Stout.

Dense, creamy tan head.
    Amazing caramel and bourbon nose.

A bit thin on the palate, fairly light mouthfeel for a barrel aged stout.

An excellent confluence of flavour- coffee, caramel, and whiskey, with a dry roasty finish.

A worthy night cap! Would pair well with a cigar.

Skol! 🍻
    Wait, is that the Scottish beer that lived in Irish whiskey barrels for 6-12 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Can’t recall the name. It is just off Moore Street. Might be in the Silver Coast Winery tasting room (Moore & Howe).
    Hopefully, Nrrrrvous is still reading this after his 4 pack of Hell Yes Ma'am at 9% ABV each.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Since we’re talking about BBA Quads ( well Richard and I am) - Hardywood - It Figures -

A blend of Bourbon Cru (a bourbon barrel-aged quadrupel) and Trickery (an imperial milk stout aged in apple brandy barrels) spiced with figs and vanilla.

Pours a dark brown color. 1st wiff is of pure vanilla bean, then chocolate. You get dark chocolate and roasted malt notes. A little brown sugar, and a lot of vanilla flavor. A vanilla bomb of a beer with a rich, silky texture. Cat 4?

Per the brewers - “blended to achieve a perfect balance, we selected an 11 month aged BBA Cru barrel and a 13 month aged trickery barrel (look it up). In this blend of colossal beers, we conditioned on fig and vanilla for a silky smooth and dark fruit forward experience.”

12.5% and $30 a bottle. But, but, I’m glad I bought two don’t tell Deb. Man Hardywood knows how to BBA beers.

I’m done for the day/night/weekend.
    I've never heard of blending a quad and a stout before. Sounds decadent. Glad you got that wine along with the Honey Ginger and the BBA Cru instead of the mac 'n cheese at Wegmans .

I've never heard of blending a quad and a stout before. Sounds decadent. Glad you got that wine along with the Honey Ginger and the BBA Cru instead of the mac 'n cheese at Wegmans .
    Yeah, Deb didn’t even get mad. She knew

If you mean the Raleigh Brewing Company Hell Yes Ma'am, a golden/tripel ale, you got a really good local beer. I'm not sure any of us have had that particular Wicked Weed.

Paging Tripping William: what was that bottle shop you really liked in Southport (IIRC)?
    Lighthouse is a good bottle shop in Wilmington. Not sure if that is close to Nrrvous. Lighthouse puts on that annual rare beer festival on the battleship I like. I'm not optimistic about it happening this October obviously. But pretty good bottle shop.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Yeah, Deb didn’t even get mad. She knew
    They all knew: dean, swofford, roy and bubba. Every last, cheating one of those bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Lighthouse is a good bottle shop in Wilmington. Not sure if that is close to Nrrvous. Lighthouse puts on that annual rare beer festival on the battleship I like. I'm not optimistic about it happening this October obviously. But pretty good bottle shop.
    I *think* Nrrrrvous posted that he'd not be able to get to Wilmington but I agree with you about Lighthouse based on what the former Abbott drug rep from the area used to tell me, but that was about 6 years ago.

9f877b3e3d03d5e517e4bf587cca745c_640x640.jpg

This one is made with raspberry puree and NC peanuts. But wait, there are variants, too.

One of the 2020 Peanut Butter Jelly Time variants, red currant:

97b3e6baba1a5c00683fec3f112c530a_640x640.jpg

Yeah, I would think a cigar and a sour would be really dissonant.

What kind of cigar?
    If it has a maduro wrapper (really dark) not sure I can help you much. I tend to favor lighter cigars.

I’ve had good luck pairing cigars with pale ales, west coast IPAs (not sure I’ve had a cigar since hazy/fruity IPAs burst on the scene), porters, and stouts.

I’ve also had cigars with pilsners/lagers, and bourbon, and a good oaky Cab.
    The Cigar is an Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva Flor Fina recommended by Brewer's Kettle Clemmons. I have no clue what that is. The only one I've had before was MonteCristo #2 which was very good.
    Beergoddess lets me have about 1 cigar a year. She's giving me a repeat as I ruined my last one with that sour pairing.

I'll def burn one one day with T-Will, fuse, and whoever. But beergoddess is not going to be anywhere near that, so my company tomorrow will be the dog and a Boulevard BBA Quad.

I made the mistake of putting a Tropical Skirt on by mistake on Ymm, Beer and wow, did my alter ego bend my ear about that error .
    Just tell him it paired well with a Bright-A.s-Tank-Top and that you let your better half lead on the dance floor that night.