Page 1434 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 434934133413841424143214331434143514361444148415341934 ... LastLast
Results 28,661 to 28,680 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Interesting. Here in NC we try to keep it relatively simple as three members of the "Big Four" all hate the lying, cheating, dirty, rotten bastards from "u"nc, well, just because...

Actually, it's about the same up here, with William and Mary, JMU, VT, etc. all hating on the hoos. Except I think the difference is, we actually respect their programs...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

I believe *this* is what a "shower beer" is:

https://www.brewdog.com/usa/locations/hotels/doghouse

"And did we mention the Shower Beer Fridge?"

Sorry, couldn't find a suitable photo .

This is a real place as our son, his wife and their toddler had a 30th birthday party for a family member here last fall !
    I've read about that place before. Looks like a fun stay!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Hey, three outta six for me! Better than I do with most beer "menus," err, lists. The remaining three will be covered shortly after retirement.
    Only 2 outta 6 for me. Still can't believe I lived out there for 5 years and never made it to Yellowstone. Will kick myself a long time for that. Zion and GC are definitely worth the trip!

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Starr Hill opened an adjunct location in Scott’s Addition. It’s a beautiful facility, big tap room, roof top bar. Wonder how they’re doing with the pandemic. Drove by but never stopped in, the s$&#%t hit the fan and no visit.
    Stopped by there tonight but the roof was closed and the two tables they had outside downstairs were taken so we didn't even get a brew. Disappointing. But ended up at Three Notch'd, so it all worked out.

Had a flight at Strangeways and a delicious Barrel Aged Sour at Three Notch'd tonight. Will have to write reviews tomorrow.

Now I'm the last to the party.

Rationality Shall Run Its Course-Burial Beer Company

Local? You should know by now

Credit-RJ199 and the beergoddess traded this for a rectangular slip of paper with some numbers on it on Sunday afternoon; many thanks

For the remainder of the the review, please read fuse's excellent description above and mattman's from April perhaps.

Adjunct-lactose
    Hops-quite a cast of characters here; Galaxy, Mosaic, El Dorado, Simcoe, Riwaka, Cashmere, and Citra and Amarillo Cryo.

An outstanding IPA/NEIPA

Making me think I oughtta visit Burial some Thursday on their new release day and then make a trip to the NC/VA border for a trading session with one of the Richmond characters for some Veil brews...
    You say the word, I’ll be there!

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Actually, it's about the same up here, with William and Mary, JMU, VT, etc. all hating on the hoos. Except I think the difference is, we actually respect their programs...
    Yep, no cheating that I've ever read about concerning UVa hoops or football.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

You say the word, I’ll be there!
    Plans are "under construction" as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Orange Blossom Honey Pilsner

A find at Brewer’s Kettle, from a Lakeland, FL, brewery. The can describes this as a pils brewed with half the water. The result is an 11% ABV Pilsner. You read that right. The color is deeper. The mouthfeel is rounder. And the sipping is slower. Wonderful honey flavors. Amazingly easy-drinking at that gravity. No wonder it’s offered in 12-ounce cans. Easily Cat 3. Worth seeking out.

— I’m virtually devildeac and these are wise words. Enterprising men quote ‘em. Don’t act surprised, you guys, cuz dd wrote ‘em.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Really enjoy this beer, and its bigger sibling, OBP2.

Used to be pretty easy to find, don’t see it as often recently.

That closing line is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
    I'm going to have to ponder what I'm actually sipping now as I *think* it's the brew TW reviewed (OBP2) and fuse concurred, thinking it was OBP but, at 11% ABV, it's really OBP2.

39.gif

Still think I have a couple more pFriem beers archived. Hope Oh, No, Not Petway hasn't headed to Oregon yet.

24.gif at mattman:

"Be sure to give us airport beer reviews over on ymm, beer."

24.gif at mattman:

"Be sure to give us airport beer reviews over on ymm, beer."
    Seattle airport has decent taps. Pricey, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Seattle airport has decent taps. Pricey, of course.
    Yea, I can't recall who reported maybe 6-12 months ago (TW? mattman? both?) that they found a good beer or two on tap pre-flight or on a layover and it was >$10/pint and it could be found locally for maybe $6/pint.

Yea, I can't recall who reported maybe 6-12 months ago (TW? mattman? both?) that they found a good beer or two on tap pre-flight or on a layover and it was >$10/pint and it could be found locally for maybe $6/pint.
    I mean, I paid $14 for a Bud Lite in the Dallas airport once. They have no shame.

I'll blame mattman :

https://ktvz.com/money/2020/07/22/a-...ut%20back%20on

"A shortage of one of the most mundane items in daily life — the humble aluminum can — means beer fans are likely to find that some of their favorite brews are out of stock right now."

Wanted to go to Center of the Universe Brewing last night but the storms were moving right over top of there so ended up staying in Richmond.

Hadn't been to Strangeways Brewing in a couple years so stopped by to have a flight. Were "not so gently" informed as we ordered that they close at 8. It was 7:30 so we would not be taking our usual time.

My Flight -
    Albino Monkey - Belgian Wheat - the flagship brew for them.
    Helles Frozen Over - German Lager
    Earth Divine Solera Sour - Belgian Table Beer aged in Red Wine Barrels
    Sour Cherry Cobbler - Berliner Weisse with Tart Cherry added

I must say, a rather disappointing Flight. I was going to try to review them each on their own but with the time crunch and the lackluster appeal to my tastebuds...

Let's just go quickly from Best to Worst -
    Albino Monkey - Not a bad Wheat, a little spicier than average but drinkable. I can see why it sells well. Not my particular cup of tea, so to speak.
    Earth Divine - I'm a sours guy and so was looking forward to it, but nothing remarkable at all. A little too "funky" for a good sour.
    Sour Cherry Cobbler - come to find out they just add a Cherry Syrup to their existing Berliner, was a little fruity but not much, not sour, not great.
    Helles Frozen Over - Maybe I got a bad batch but this tasted like medicine from the get go and got worse as it warmed up. Couldn't even finish a 5 oz pour.

All would probably fall in the category 1 or lower for me...

Mrs. Nrrrrvous had a pint of something that was probably my favorite from my couple of sips. I tried to look it up on their website this morning to remember what it was, but their website sucks, so a no go.

I mean, I paid $14 for a Bud Lite in the Dallas airport once. They have no shame.
    You know, most airports have free water fountains...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    You know, most airports have free water fountains...
    Touché.

Don't even ask what I paid for the hot dog.

Oops, maybe it was you who reported that outrageous price. Shameless indeed.

Wanted to go to Center of the Universe Brewing last night but the storms were moving right over top of there so ended up staying in Richmond.

Hadn't been to Strangeways Brewing in a couple years so stopped by to have a flight. Were "not so gently" informed as we ordered that they close at 8. It was 7:30 so we would not be taking our usual time.

My Flight -
    Albino Monkey - Belgian Wheat - the flagship brew for them.
    Helles Frozen Over - German Lager
    Earth Divine Solera Sour - Belgian Table Beer aged in Red Wine Barrels
    Sour Cherry Cobbler - Berliner Weisse with Tart Cherry added

I must say, a rather disappointing Flight. I was going to try to review them each on their own but with the time crunch and the lackluster appeal to my tastebuds...

Let's just go quickly from Best to Worst -
    Albino Monkey - Not a bad Wheat, a little spicier than average but drinkable. I can see why it sells well. Not my particular cup of tea, so to speak.
    Earth Divine - I'm a sours guy and so was looking forward to it, but nothing remarkable at all. A little too "funky" for a good sour.
    Sour Cherry Cobbler - come to find out they just add a Cherry Syrup to their existing Berliner, was a little fruity but not much, not sour, not great.
    Helles Frozen Over - Maybe I got a bad batch but this tasted like medicine from the get go and got worse as it warmed up. Couldn't even finish a 5 oz pour.

All would probably fall in the category 1 or lower for me...

Mrs. Nrrrrvous had a pint of something that was probably my favorite from my couple of sips. I tried to look it up on their website this morning to remember what it was, but their website sucks, so a no go.
    Oh, my; not a very good experience.

Were you aware we also have a Yccch, Beer thread? Fortunately, it's rarely on page 1.