Page 1418 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 418918131813681408141614171418141914201428146815181918 ... LastLast
Results 28,341 to 28,360 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I’m with you both; Miller Lite is my go to macrobrew.
    For the same price, the new(ish) Yuengling Golden Pils is even better. I wouldn't even call it a ychh, beer

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    For the same price, the new(ish) Yuengling Golden Pils is even better. I wouldn't even call it a ychh, beer
    Oh, I enjoy a good Yuengling from time to time. Never had their Golden Pils though.

I definitely need to find some of this Fullsteam beer.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCtiT7IpyY2/

Google can help you if the name throws you for a loop.

Bear Waters Brewing Sliding Rock American Mild Ale

From Canton, NC, a place I had to Google. It is billed as a blend of seven malts and two types of hops. Pours a nice deep copper color. Very little head. Deep malt flavors. A hint of caramel. Only 4.5% ABV, so pretty easy-drinking. Solid Cat 2. Don’t feel a need to track this down, but I wouldn’t decline it if offered. Interesting style.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post

From Canton, NC, a place I had to Google. It is billed as a blend of seven malts and two types of hops. Pours a nice deep copper color. Very little head. Deep malt flavors. A hint of caramel. Only 4.5% ABV, so pretty easy-drinking. Solid Cat 2. Don’t feel a need to track this down, but I wouldn’t decline it if offered. Interesting style.
    May have had a couple Bear Water brews. Will search thread before I offer my opinions which *might* not be good ones.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Just invited a PharmD with a fabulous home brewing AND craft beer background to join us here. We’ll see. I’d bet he wouldn’t post about washing machines.

From some July, 2019 material on Ymm, Beer:

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Bearwaters does not make good beer. They are probably Frog Level bad.

On a positive Haywood County beer note, Boojum Get Off My Cloud IPA is very tasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hop Rooted-Brewed and canned by Bearwaters Brewing Company for 7 Clans Brewing

Pretty average American-style IPA brewed with lots of Centennial hops giving it moderately bitter notes of pine and resin with its estimated 60-70 IBUs and 6.5% ABV.

This was included in my June 4 pack and for about $1.75, I'm not too upset but wouldn't buy any more of it or visit the brewery.
    Heavy Cream-BearWaters Brewing Company

Drink NC!

This was beer #3 in my June beer club 4 pack.

My vigorous pour from the 12 ounce can yielded a dark brown (milk) stout with a generous, foamy tan head. Aromas of milk chocolate and a bit of coffee. Tastes of coffee (not added), cream and chocolate again. Mouthfeel was a bit thin. Mildly sweet and roasty with heavy-roasted malt/grain bitterness. I'll guess IBUs about 40 and the ABV was 5%.

Not a bad milk stout given the BearWaters beer fuse reviewed last week and the BearWaters/7 Clan IPA I had but not good enough for me to try other brews from this brewery.

Fuse has a review a bit earlier than 7/11/19 and it was not a good one . Perhaps they've raised their quality a bit.

Too tired for any more reviews tonight but some new ones appeared in the portfolio tonight, plus a white whale that sat atop beeradvocate's top 100 (250 now) beers list for a while.

Picked up my Dark Lord order yesterday.

For some reason I didn't even anticipate that they would be cold. Had to stop at a gas station and fashion some reusable grocery bags into a makeshift cooler

My haul:
    Two 2014 vintage Dark Lords
    One 2017 vintage Dark Lord
    One 2012 Bourbon BA Dark Lord
    One 2018 Marshmallow Handjee

Thrilled with how it shook out.

Greetings Beer Worshipers. Don't have anything to add here but thought I'd check out the decor.

It's nice here. A bit of fresh, if hoppy air.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Greetings Beer Worshipers. Don't have anything to add here but thought I'd check out the decor.

Are you examining the soon-to-be-LTE like some fresh new sleeping arrangements?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Are you examining the soon-to-be-LTE like some fresh new sleeping arrangements?
    You have a nice view of the sky here and the endless waves of grain.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

The Plague thread is gonna swamp all others; it is averaging about 48 posts per day since inception. Get in on the ground floor over there.

The view, however, is much less sunny.

From some July, 2019 material on Ymm, Beer:

Fuse has a review a bit earlier than 7/11/19 and it was not a good one . Perhaps they've raised their quality a bit.
    This one beer -- the only one I have ever consumed from this brewery -- was decent.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Fancy seeing you here

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Picked up my Dark Lord order yesterday.

For some reason I didn't even anticipate that they would be cold. Had to stop at a gas station and fashion some reusable grocery bags into a makeshift cooler

My haul:
    Two 2014 vintage Dark Lords
    One 2017 vintage Dark Lord
    One 2012 Bourbon BA Dark Lord
    One 2018 Marshmallow Handjee

Thrilled with how it shook out.
    Very nice haul. Please save that Marshmallow Handjee for when you attend a tailgate in 2021 and we'll have our own Dark Lord day without the huge crowd and public "indecency" that I've read about. Our chefs grill up some fine fare, we have a large tv under our tent and the music is not quite a s loud. Shameless solicitation to taste *that* beer but we'll have some other gems to share.

Welcome!!!!

I have it on (reasonably) good authority (yours-lol) that you like dark beer and our August Virtual Pub will have a porter/dark beer theme and will be hosted by the (almost) famous Bob Green. Won't be too hoppy but will be smooth and enjoyable.

You have a nice view of the sky here and the endless waves of grain.
    "...For purple goses majesties
    Above thy fruited stouts..."

Or something like that.

This one beer -- the only one I have ever consumed from this brewery -- was decent.
    I'd give them another shot, it has been a while since I've had anything from them.

I *think* they are opening a 2nd location in Hendersonville in their arts district, which is turning in to a mini Asheville "South Slope" but with not very good beer.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The Plague thread is gonna swamp all others; it is averaging about 48 posts per day since inception. Get in on the ground floor over there.

The view, however, is much less sunny.
    If we did more testing on that thread, if might exceed >75K posts/day. (funny, not funny)