Page 1416 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 416916131613661406141414151416141714181426146615161916 ... LastLast
Results 28,301 to 28,320 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    A Randall😳. Been a few years I’d guess since I read about one of those.
    I have a home edition Randall.
    Wish I could say I used it much.

Won’t spoil it, there’s a beer recognized in this article that will make a few folks happy:

https://www.hopculture.com/best-beer...week-07-13-20/

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I have a home edition Randall.
    Wish I could say I used it much.
    Paperweight now?🙄
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Won’t spoil it, there’s a beer recognized in this article that will make a few folks happy:

https://www.hopculture.com/best-beer...week-07-13-20/
    Wow! That one certainly is random/surprising given the others on the list. Brings a big 😁 to my face. Great find.

Paperweight now?🙄
    I just never remember I have it.
    That, and it requires some thought on what to actually put in it.

For a short while, Tyler’s did some interesting Randallized drafts.

I just never remember I have it.
    That, and it requires some thought on what to actually put in it.

For a short while, Tyler’s did some interesting Randallized drafts.
    I had one total-in your presence. Mattman *may* have been there that night, too. Details are fuzzy/hazy/sketchy. Don’t remember exact ingredients but I’m certain it was their Hell Yes Ma’am as the base and had coconut, lime and maybe some rum extract Randallized. I do remember delicious.

Finally got to drink the final Irish Red...

Tradition Brewing (Newport News) - Red Willie

5%
    20 IBU

IMG_7820.jpg

I would have sworn this was a Legend Brown on the poor.

Drinks like a brown also, not as sweet, not as much caramel as the other Irish Reds. Not bad though, just not what I was expecting.

Actually got pretty tasty as it warmed to room temperature. Not bad at all.

Solid 2, Not something I would seek out again but wouldn't turn my nose up if it was all that was available.

Don't know much about Tradition, maybe some of our Newport News area folks (Bob?) can fill me in. (Or I could search the thread but who wants to do that?)
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Finally got to drink the final Irish Red...

Tradition Brewing (Newport News) - Red Willie

5%
    20 IBU

IMG_7820.jpg

I would have sworn this was a Legend Brown on the poor.

Drinks like a brown also, not as sweet, not as much caramel as the other Irish Reds. Not bad though, just not what I was expecting.

Actually got pretty tasty as it warmed to room temperature. Not bad at all.

Solid 2, Not something I would seek out again but wouldn't turn my nose up if it was all that was available.

Don't know much about Tradition, maybe some of our Newport News area folks (Bob?) can fill me in. (Or I could search the thread but who wants to do that?)
    Sure looks like a brown ale to me.

LOL at bolded. A brewery with which I'm not familiar. I don't recall Bob mentioning any Tradition brews either, but that wouldn't stop me from forgetting anyway, through no fault of Bob's .

My first Fiddlin' Fish beverage is being chilled for tomorrow or the weekend.

My first Fiddlin' Fish beverage is being chilled for tomorrow or the weekend.
    You haven’t had an AOTK?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    You haven’t had an AOTK?
    Oops, I forgot that was Fiddlin' Fish. You did indeed trade one earlier this year. A high gravity "Russian tea" beer, IIRC?

Oops, I forgot that was Fiddlin' Fish. You did indeed trade one earlier this year. A high gravity "Russian tea" beer, IIRC?
    Yep. There’s always a first time.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Yep. There’s always a first time.
    So I've been told...

Citrannati-Wooden Cask Brewing Company (Newport, KY on the Ohio River)

Not local

Credit-neighbor from his July beer club 12 pack; thanks!
    Style-DIPA
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Drinking vessel-pint glass
    Appearance-medium amber; moderate head
    Nose-pine and grapefruit
    Mouthfeel-rather bitter
    Tastes-about as expected with pine, resin, some orange zest and grapefruit; mild caramel
    Malts-2 Row, Crystal 120 and Cara Malt
    Hops-Bravo, Centennial, Columbus, Simcoe and Citra (too much of the first 3 and not enough of the last 2)
    IBU-75
    ABV-8.5%
    Overall impression-better than Pacific Time as it's a DIPA and Simcoe and Citra hops are added to the other
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 2; too much of a west coast style and not a very good one either; decent pairing with a homemade corn and black bean quesadilla

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Just got home from 3F. There is a little bit of construction in the area with signage warning of delays due to bottle pick-ups at Three Floyds, so at least they gave town a heads up. Turning off of Calumet onto Superior Dr., I saw the line and I was expecting to be there a while, but turns out it was the COVID testing line for the hospital next door. Pulled around it and was surprised to see there was absolutely no wait to pick the bags up. Two lines, each with two cars apiece. They had 5 workers, so one of the young ladies came and checked me in, crossed my name off the list, and the bearded gentleman placed two bags in my backseat. In and out in 120 seconds.

I thought about waiting til I got home to peak, but couldn't help myself.

The randomizer at 3F must have been let go when the brewpub closed. After checking online, it looks like the issue is widespread...

Both bags had the same 5 bottles in them, now I am the proud owner of:
    2x 2018 Dark Lord
    4x 2017 Dark Lord
    2x ‘Rrari Crochet (2019)
    2x Legio Gemina (2016)

'Rrari is a quality get, but I'd be lying if I said the regular Dark Lord haul didn't bum me out... I was hoping for some oldies, and maybe I can use some of the duplicates to chase them down over the next two weeks.
    My pickup is today. Will report back afterwards.

Very Green
    Tree House Brewing Company
    DIPA
    8.3% ABV

"This Double IPA is created with a massive kettle charge of Australian and American hops. It opens in the glass with huge notes of ripe pineapple, pithy citrus, and dank saturated hops. As it warms it shows its depth and complexity. . . Sweet hints of malt intermingle with straight Tropicana. It has a soft but pointed bitterness and a rich, velvety mouth feel."

I'm not sure that I can offer enough praise for Tree House at this point. Hazy pour with a gorgeous white head. First sip tasted more bitter than I anticipated, but it settled extremely well. All sorts of different flavors and aromas. Orange is probably the most prominent.

Bittersweet moment as this was the last from my six pack. I'll miss these beers.

I’m a little bored. Finished a couple of home projects. Work is a little slow. Not much human interaction. You all know the deal.

I want to hear some stories. I want to hear about the best beer you ever had. Maybe not the best “tasting” beer you ever had, but the best beer “experience” you ever had. If you can’t name “the best”, then pick a good one to share. I’ll start…

Late June of 1997, I was 24 years old. I had spent a good portion of ’95 and ’96 battling cancer, (another story, another time) and I was just getting some strength back. Since I was a kid I had wanted to see the Rockies so with some help from family, my wife and I booked a week at a dude ranch in CO. It was Thursday of the week, we had been riding quite a bit, but it was the big, overnight ride that everybody talked about. We rode up into the mountains all day until it was about supper time. When we got to the campsite, the cowhands had gotten there earlier and set up our lean-to’s and built a campfire. We were cold, (it was still early summer, and we had gone pretty high), tired (horseback riding ain’t as easy as it looks) and starving. They had French Onion soup simmering and Pork Chops ready to cook. We sat around that campfire telling stories, eating the most delicious food, and looking out over a beautiful mountain pond and the surrounding Rockies. The only beer you could get there (remember it was in the middle of CO in the 90’s) was Coors, but I swear that a beer never tasted so good.

So, yes, my best beer ever was a Coors.

Who’s next?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    My pickup is today. Will report back afterwards.
    Fuse suggested we have a Dark Lord Day Virtual Pub...

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Very Green
    Tree House Brewing Company
    DIPA
    8.3% ABV

"This Double IPA is created with a massive kettle charge of Australian and American hops. It opens in the glass with huge notes of ripe pineapple, pithy citrus, and dank saturated hops. As it warms it shows its depth and complexity. . . Sweet hints of malt intermingle with straight Tropicana. It has a soft but pointed bitterness and a rich, velvety mouth feel."

I'm not sure that I can offer enough praise for Tree House at this point. Hazy pour with a gorgeous white head. First sip tasted more bitter than I anticipated, but it settled extremely well. All sorts of different flavors and aromas. Orange is probably the most prominent.

Bittersweet moment as this was the last from my six pack. I'll miss these beers.
    Consider yourself blessed to have sampled six of them. I remain in the unwashed masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I’m a little bored. Finished a couple of home projects. Work is a little slow. Not much human interaction. You all know the deal.

I want to hear some stories. I want to hear about the best beer you ever had. Maybe not the best “tasting” beer you ever had, but the best beer “experience” you ever had. If you can’t name “the best”, then pick a good one to share. I’ll start…

Late June of 1997, I was 24 years old. I had spent a good portion of ’95 and ’96 battling cancer, (another story, another time) and I was just getting some strength back. Since I was a kid I had wanted to see the Rockies so with some help from family, my wife and I booked a week at a dude ranch in CO. It was Thursday of the week, we had been riding quite a bit, but it was the big, overnight ride that everybody talked about. We rode up into the mountains all day until it was about supper time. When we got to the campsite, the cowhands had gotten there earlier and set up our lean-to’s and built a campfire. We were cold, (it was still early summer, and we had gone pretty high), tired (horseback riding ain’t as easy as it looks) and starving. They had French Onion soup simmering and Pork Chops ready to cook. We sat around that campfire telling stories, eating the most delicious food, and looking out over a beautiful mountain pond and the surrounding Rockies. The only beer you could get there (remember it was in the middle of CO in the 90’s) was Coors, but I swear that a beer never tasted so good.

So, yes, my best beer ever was a Coors.

Who’s next?
    Great idea! Work starting now so I'll circle back later today to participate.