Page 1403 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 403903130313531393140114021403140414051413145315031903 ... LastLast
Results 28,041 to 28,060 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    A bit of clarification (this is DBR, after all ): My guess is "no," but am I able to select one from each group?
    The point was to make your own list; I merely provided a few ideas of my own. Apologies for an unclear opening to what could be a bit of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Big Boss Aces & Ates

Part of the Aberdeen eclectic 8 (no pun intended; ok, I lied). Been a long time since drinking one of these. Good coffee flavors. Not too high gravity. A “summer” stout? Maybe. Solid Cat 2.
    Can’t recall the last Big Boss beer I had.
    By memory, they brew some tasty beer.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Over a four year period, I’d venture to guess I had an uncountable number of Olympia beers.
    And graduated and lived to tell about it
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

The point was to make your own list; I merely provided a few ideas of my own. Apologies for an unclear opening to what could be a bit of fun.
    No apologies needed; sometimes I'm dense . I'll re-visit your question after a couple more sips of my current beverage .

Can’t recall the last Big Boss beer I had.
    By memory, they brew some tasty beer.
    Their early base/stock beers were pretty good but not outstanding. Several years ago, they added a Strange Cargo series and improved their product line a good bit. I haven't had a Big Boss beer in probably 5 years or more but I think they've improved their offerings even more.

You get three “house beers”.
    Only rules are needs to be in can/bottle format (no 22oz or 750ml bottles, or larger).

What do you choose, and why?

Currently:
    New Belgium Purist Lager
    Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing
    New Belgium Mural

Local version: (oh, I could probably do a lot of iterations of this list)
    Fullsteam Coffee is for Closers
    RBC Hell Yes Ma’am
    Haw River Newlin’s Original Pale Ale

Maine version:
    Allagash White
    Maine Brewing Company Lunch
    Bissel Brothers Lux
    I'll take the local, because, as Tripping William said, it's local. Also because I've had all three and think they're wonderful beers with the first two having a bit of "history" about them.

If I'm able to choose one from each, I'll choose Hazy Little Thing for the quality and style, Hell Yes Ma'am because it's a really good tripel and then Lunch because it *might* be the best beer on your list.

Fun idea.

Every once in a while, you buy/receive as a trader or gift, a beer that raises a eyebrow wondering what to expect. Tonight's dinner beer was one of those.

M 43-Old Nation Brewing Company (Williamston, MI)

Local? Nope! Who are these folks?

Credit-RJ199; many thanks!!
    Style-NEIPA from their New Orthodox IPA Series
    Format-tall boy can
    Freshness stats-M 43 PKG on 0smudged dots/22/20 08:53:48
    Stemware-boring pint glass; would have been better in a shaped pint glass or snifter
    Appearance-the yellow brown when a pineapple is overripe; moderate, foamy head
    Nose-hey, this is getting really interesting now; pineapple, grapefruit and a buncha stone fruits
    Mouthfeel-pretty juicy
    Tastes-even more intriguing; pineapple, grapefruit, lots of peaches and tangerines, strawberries and some pith, rind and pits (yes, pits)
    Malt-pils, wheat and oat
    Boil hops-Calypso, Amarillo and Citra
    Dry hop-Citra, Amarillo and Simcoe
    IBU-65
    ABV-6.8%
    Overall impression-a fantastic blending of grains and hops with an amazing assortment of flavors; quite a surprising NEIPA
    Ymm, Beer rating-slides well into cat 3; each sip got more fruity and juicy with minimal bitterness; I wouldn't have thought 98 on beeradvocate but this is outstanding

Deserves a second round of applause for RJ199. High praise.

The Irish-American blend I'm finishing right now is worthy of two or three more, but, if I did that, I'd be asleep on the floor. More tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Today's interview went well. The office is 5 minutes from Stella
    Keep us updated! We super-enjoyed hanging out. Can't wait to have y'all in our zip code.

Things have been interesting with job here too. Maybe a quick update over a Zoom virtual pub and only after a couple beers.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Keep us updated! We super-enjoyed hanging out. Can't wait to have y'all in our zip code.

Things have been interesting with job here too. Maybe a quick update over a Zoom virtual pub and only after a couple beers.
    Final interview with the Senior VP next Wednesday. I'm anticipating an offer very soon!

A really good, can't-go-wrong, go-to IPA.

Separately, I may have to make a Brewer's Kettle stop tomorrow. First time I'll have visited there.
    If it's the one in Clemmons I found mega gems there on my one and only trip months ago. They had lots of CBS, Boulevard Rye on Rye, Hardywood BBA GBS, Ten Fidy, and a Burial Stella was sold out of. They had BBA stuff for miles and great brewers. Smaller shop but high quality. Can't wait to read about your haul.

I haven't seen any DMB recently due to work, but when we get back to one sweet world a live show is happening, hopefully in person. I know Mattman & amused cupcake are in. I miss tailgating and events worth tailgating for already.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    And I should also mention you get a $5 off anything on tap coupon, and 10% off all purchases on tap or to go.
    I should mention I think Cellar Door will ship me my last 3 months worth of beer because Bhavana already told me the Cellar Door is closed permanently and done forever. Does this Hardywood beer club ship across state line to Winston-Salem?

New Sarum Yadkin River Lager

On draft at our home golf club. A super-refreshing, flavorful beer. Bright gold. Minimal head. Good yeast. Great mouthfeel. Dunno what it would be like in cans, but was terrific on draft. Every bit the equal of Red Oak Amber. Very highest of Cat 2, if only because (like kölsches) standard lagers have a bit of a hill to climb. Excellent swing oil!
    That is a bold(ed) statement. And from T-Will basically Cat 3 in my book. Because I'm going to have to seek this out just to see if it's Red Oak caliber.

Mas Agave-check
    Mas Agave Grapefruit-check
    Raisin Pecan Chocolate Pie-check
    An Irish-American "citizen"-check

Too much Ymm, Beer .
    You have done well. Stella had Mas Agave Tequila-Barrel Aged Mas Agave last weekend and of course I just passed on it like a maroon.

I don't even have an Irish beer yet. But I'm going to seek out some Outraged Daughters or Harps or Guinness or Black & Tan or something. There is time. I love Irish beer.

Over a four year period, I’d venture to guess I had an uncountable number of Olympia beers.
    I think I had one, at a fraternity rush party. I decided wisely (not my strong suit at that age) to then rush Brownstone, maybe because their location at the time was within earshot of the Krzyzewskiville tent check horn from my bed. Location location location. And yes, Nrrrvous, even then, my go-to was Guinness & Harps black & tans, but I accepted Guinness & Bass or Irish Car Bomb's if I somehow ended up at Top of the Hill.

You get three “house beers”.
    Only rules are needs to be in can/bottle format (no 22oz or 750ml bottles, or larger).

What do you choose, and why?

Currently:
    New Belgium Purist Lager
    Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing
    New Belgium Mural

Local version: (oh, I could probably do a lot of iterations of this list)
    Fullsteam Coffee is for Closers
    RBC Hell Yes Ma’am
    Haw River Newlin’s Original Pale Ale

Maine version:
    Allagash White
    Maine Brewing Company Lunch
    Bissel Brothers Lux
    Allagash White; Red Oak; Burial-Whatever DIPA is freshie on Stella's instagram

I'll take the local, because, as Tripping William said, it's local. Also because I've had all three and think they're wonderful beers with the first two having a bit of "history" about them.

If I'm able to choose one from each, I'll choose Hazy Little Thing for the quality and style, Hell Yes Ma'am because it's a really good tripel and then Lunch because it *might* be the best beer on your list.

Fun idea.
    Stella also had Maine Beer Company Lunch which I passed on like a Maroon. I keep finding reasons I just have to make a Stella run this weekend, like being understocked for Virtual Pub - essential business
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 07-11-2020 at 01:11 AM.

Every once in a while, you buy/receive as a trader or gift, a beer that raises a eyebrow wondering what to expect. Tonight's dinner beer was one of those.

M 43-Old Nation Brewing Company (Williamston, MI)

Local? Nope! Who are these folks?

Credit-RJ199; many thanks!!
    Style-NEIPA from their New Orthodox IPA Series
    Format-tall boy can
    Freshness stats-M 43 PKG on 0smudged dots/22/20 08:53:48
    Stemware-boring pint glass; would have been better in a shaped pint glass or snifter
    Appearance-the yellow brown when a pineapple is overripe; moderate, foamy head
    Nose-hey, this is getting really interesting now; pineapple, grapefruit and a buncha stone fruits
    Mouthfeel-pretty juicy
    Tastes-even more intriguing; pineapple, grapefruit, lots of peaches and tangerines, strawberries and some pith, rind and pits (yes, pits)
    Malt-pils, wheat and oat
    Boil hops-Calypso, Amarillo and Citra
    Dry hop-Citra, Amarillo and Simcoe
    IBU-65
    ABV-6.8%
    Overall impression-a fantastic blending of grains and hops with an amazing assortment of flavors; quite a surprising NEIPA
    Ymm, Beer rating-slides well into cat 3; each sip got more fruity and juicy with minimal bitterness; I wouldn't have thought 98 on beeradvocate but this is outstanding

Deserves a second round of applause for RJ199. High praise.
    Thanks for review! My brother, an attorney, recommended this. He's always been more of a whiskey/scotch man but when I saw it at Stella I took a shot!

Glad you enjoyed!

Dance in the Sun-Wise Man Brewing

We used to live there so it's still "local"

Credit-RJ199; thanks!!
    Style-Kölsch ale
    Format-pint can
    Freshness stuff-canned on 6/3/2020 L1 16:58
    Glassware-shaped Dogfish Head pint glass
    Appearance-clear/clean, light yellow gold; modest fizzy head
    Nose-flowers, biscuits
    Mouthfeel-bubbly
    Tastes-mostly floral with hints of lemon, apple, straw and light caramel
    Grain-German pilsner (? others not listed)
    Hops-Noble Saaz (? others not listed)
    IBU-25
    ABV-4.9%
    Overall impression-I'd like to side by side this with a true German Kölsch as this was quite good, meeting or perhaps exceeding expectations
    Ymm, Beer rating-high cat 2; it wasn't exciting but I really enjoyed it with a BBQ chicken salad because it is a well brewed product
    Had mine tonight. I didn't think I liked Kolsch until this one. WMB beers are so aromatic and high quality. This was good!

I'll also note that beergoddess decided she wanted a Raspberry Tart and drank the whole glass. Don't underestimate devildeac's ability to initiate beerlovers who didn't know they were beerlovers.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    That is a bold(ed) statement. And from T-Will basically Cat 3 in my book. Because I'm going to have to seek this out just to see if it's Red Oak caliber.
    Burgie is spaced-out for Red Oak Amber.

Burgie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiedHL4OWK4
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!