Page 1384 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 384884128413341374138213831384138513861394143414841884 ... LastLast
Results 27,661 to 27,680 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Sampling one of the New Glarus Belgian Reds, courtesy of DD (thanks again!). Looks like red wine. Smells and tastes like a cheery sweet tart (do they even make a cherry flavor Sweet Tart? If they don't, somebody should seriously get in on that...this is legit).

Truly Ymmm

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Unknown’s 2020 BATT

Definitely not the same recipe. If it is, it’s not the same execution. Not at all the ultra-flavorful key-lime-and-rum bomb that it has been in the past. Still okay, but a notch or two down. Disappointing.
    Hmmm, that's two of us now. I didn't impress our son when we shared one a couple weekends ago and I was disappointed, too, and, also made you a bit wary/suspicious when I posted my review.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Thanks to T-Will for the BBA Raisin Pecan Chocolate Pie Imperial Belgian Stout - 10.3% - 70 IBU (disagree here, more sweet than bitter)

It pours like crude oil. Beergoddess agreed. Black syrup.

You smell everything. It tastes even better. I mean I like pie enough to bet ridiculous pie bets that I just might win. So maybe I'm biased.

But not maybe, not maybe at all - this is Category 3 beer and all of you would agree.

So complex. You taste and smell the raisins on the finish. There is some gimicky pie sweetness, sure. But it is a pie beer. There is chocolate, delicious raisin on the end, bourbon and chocolate up front. Beergoddess says tasty, and compared it to the sauce of the dessert at a good restaurant.

Thanks T-Will!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Question of the evening:

You can only drink beer from one brewery for the rest of your life.
    What brewery do you choose, and why?
    I could live on Burial. But if I only get 1 brewery for life I get access to their DIPA's fresh on draft. They aren't afraid to try many styles, and do so many so well (like WMB).

I had a Burial Innertuble Lager ($1.99, 3.5%) Wed while watching the free DMB stream. Burial's Tube beer Lager is so soft, refreshing, and quality that it takes you right to a tube on the Dan. Burial might be hackneyed, but they don't disappoint me.

Locally I'm pretty ecstatic with WMB. I had a Blissed Out Tangerine Mango Milkshake IPA during virtual pub, and I was blissed out with it.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Thanks to T-Will for the BBA Raisin Pecan Chocolate Pie Imperial Belgian Stout - 10.3% - 70 IBU (disagree here, more sweet than bitter)

It pours like crude oil. Beergoddess agreed. Black syrup.

You smell everything. It tastes even better. I mean I like pie enough to bet ridiculous pie bets that I just might win. So maybe I'm biased.

But not maybe, not maybe at all - this is Category 3 beer and all of you would agree.

So complex. You taste and smell the raisins on the finish. There is some gimicky pie sweetness, sure. But it is a pie beer. There is chocolate, delicious raisin on the end, bourbon and chocolate up front. Beergoddess says tasty, and compared it to the sauce of the dessert at a good restaurant.

Thanks T-Will!
    Most welcome. Glad you enjoyed. I may need to swing by SoPines and grab more.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I could live on Burial. But if I only get 1 brewery for life I get access to their DIPA's fresh on draft. They aren't afraid to try many styles, and do so many so well (like WMB).

I had a Burial Innertuble Lager ($1.99, 3.5%) Wed while watching the free DMB stream. Burial's Tube beer Lager is so soft, refreshing, and quality that it takes you right to a tube on the Dan. Burial might be hackneyed, but they don't disappoint me.

Locally I'm pretty ecstatic with WMB. I had a Blissed Out Tangerine Mango Milkshake IPA during virtual pub, and I was blissed out with it.
    A winner of a post. Props for Burial, DMB, and WMB. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hmmm, that's two of us now. I didn't impress our son when we shared one a couple weekends ago and I was disappointed, too, and, also made you a bit wary/suspicious when I posted my review.
    Yeah, I feel really bad hyping it so much only to see 2020 fall flat. Kinda like the rest of 2020, I guess ....

3F.jpg

Sorry I've been MIA the past few months, this virus has really thrown a monkey wrench in my day to day... I long for the days that I grab my morning coffee in the office and hit up DBR for the first 45 minutes of the day. Now that time is spent wrangling children, having a deft finger on the mute button during my hundred web meetings a day, and ultimately counting the hours until my backup arrives from her office. I try and remind myself I'm thankful that my wife and I have been working since everything happened (even if we're both salary and working 60+ hours a week ), but I could really use some sports as a distraction to the Groundhog Day routine we've settled into.

Alright, vent session over. If anyone is interested in a little roadtrip or hitting up your friends and family in Chicago/Indy, Three Floyds just announced yesterday they are going to be selling some of their cellared stock of vintage Dark Lords! Tuesday, June 30th at 3pm (CST) they are going to open the floodgates on their website and sell allotments of 4 bottles (randomly packaged), which will include 3 various regular DLs and 1 DL variant. Literally a once in a lifetime situation; with their restaurant closing I think they might be looking to cash out on what they have laying around and use that $$$ infusion to invest in their distribution and supply chain as they expand their spirit offerings.

Yeah, I feel really bad hyping it so much only to see 2020 fall flat. Kinda like the rest of 2020, I guess ...
    No need to feel bad about BATT. Companies change recipes, beer sits too long, something goes wrong in the brewing process, etc. Fortunately, those things occur rather infrequently.

Now, we do hold you at least partially responsible for some of the other events so far in 2020.

No need to feel bad about BATT. Companies change recipes, beer sits too long, something goes wrong in the brewing process, etc. Fortunately, those things occur rather infrequently.

Now, we do hold you at least partially responsible for some of the other events so far in 2020.
    Speaking of 2020 so far, Ozzie shared this with me:

· Can we uninstall 2020 and reinstall it again?... It has a virus ...
    · Just asked a 6 year old if he understands why there is no school. He said yes because they are out of toilet paper.
    · On the bright side, I am no longer calling this shelter-in-place. I am an artist-in-residence. (Specifically, Percussion Artiste-in-Residence.)
    · After years of wanting to thoroughly clean my house but lacking the time, I have discovered that wasn't the reason.
    · If you thought finding toilet paper was crazy ... just wait until 300 million people all want a haircut appointment. (“Oh, it’s happening, sweetheart.”)
    · 2020 is a unique Leap Year. It has 29 days in February, 300 days in March and 5 years in April and May.
    · Wearing a mask inside your home is now highly recommended. Not so much to prevent COVID-19 but to stop eating.
    · This cleaning with alcohol is total b.s. NOTHING gets done after that first bottle. (I can personally attest to this.)
    · Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands???
    · You think it's bad now? ....In 20 years our country will be run by people home schooled by day drinkers...
    · My Mom always told me I wouldn't accomplish anything by lying in bed all day, but look at me now! I'm saving the world!
    · I swear my Smart Fridge just said, "What the hell do you want now?"

I blame Klemnop.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    3F.jpg

Sorry I've been MIA the past few months, this virus has really thrown a monkey wrench in my day to day... I long for the days that I grab my morning coffee in the office and hit up DBR for the first 45 minutes of the day. Now that time is spent wrangling children, having a deft finger on the mute button during my hundred web meetings a day, and ultimately counting the hours until my backup arrives from her office. I try and remind myself I'm thankful that my wife and I have been working since everything happened (even if we're both salary and working 60+ hours a week ), but I could really use some sports as a distraction to the Groundhog Day routine we've settled into.

Alright, vent session over. If anyone is interested in a little roadtrip or hitting up your friends and family in Chicago/Indy, Three Floyds just announced yesterday they are going to be selling some of their cellared stock of vintage Dark Lords! Tuesday, June 30th at 3pm (CST) they are going to open the floodgates on their website and sell allotments of 4 bottles (randomly packaged), which will include 3 various regular DLs and 1 DL variant. Literally a once in a lifetime situation; with their restaurant closing I think they might be looking to cash out on what they have laying around and use that $$$ infusion to invest in their distribution and supply chain as they expand their spirit offerings.
    Luburch (?) brought this to our attention yesterday, IIRC, but yours is a very good reminder, too. Thanks!! I have alerted our son in Ohio and our younger son-in-law in south Chicago to set their browsers and try to place an order or two. Ymm, Beer denizens have been notified here, too.

I blame Klemnop.
    I'll take a Clemson win in dean's myth center any day/week/month/year/decade/half century over one disappointing can of ale any time.

I blame Klemnop.
    I'll take a Clemson win in dean's myth center any day/week/month/year/decade/half century over one disappointing can of ale any time.
    I think Clemson’s win in Chapel Hill ripped a hole in the space-time continuum. Because things have been pretty off-kilter in the world since then. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I think Clemson’s win in Chapel Hill ripped a hole in the space-time continuum. Because things have been pretty off-kilter in the world since then. . . .
    Plus one.

Plus one.
    I mean, how else do you explain the Sudden appearance and disappearance of murder hornets?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Ok, I'll be that guy: If you can send the pandemic back to hell where it belongs, I'll put a W in the cheats column for that game and drink a pint or two.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Question of the evening:

You can only drink beer from one brewery for the rest of your life.
    What brewery do you choose, and why?
    Came down to three locals - Ardent, Veil and Hardywood. Ardent because of the honey ginger and bba honey ginger. They do a good job of a variety of other styles. Veil because of their IPA’s, fruited beers and sours and the Hornswoggler line.

I’m going with Hardywood. They have their flagship blonde Singel, a good lager and a good Pils. Their IPAs are not Veil class but are good, including a milkshake ipa. Their barrel series is exceptional with Ruse, Foolery, and Trickery award winning. Their BBA Cru is an all time favorite. But when you add the GBS series that just puts them over the top. I can’t imagine a fall-winter holiday season without some variety(s) of their gingerbread stout.

For those folks who chose different breweries than I did, could I please come by and visit y'all every once in a while and maybe get a growler fill and/or some 4 packs to-go?

Shocked I say, shocked there's no tasting reports from tonight.