Page 1378 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 378878127813281368137613771378137913801388142814781878 ... LastLast
Results 27,541 to 27,560 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Somebody send me the past beers and I値l host! I would be honored, if you値l have me!
    You've been had! I don't think you'll regret it.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Somebody send me the past beers and I値l host! I would be honored, if you値l have me!
    Walked in the door from a trip back from the NC coast about an hour ago, unpacked, took a 20 minute walk and re-entered our house about 5 minutes ago and poured myself a Two Hearted Ale. I'll have that list of hosts and prior beverages in your PM box in about 5 minutes. Many thanks for volunteering; we'd be ecstatic to have you host Virtual Pub in July!!!!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Packed and drove all day today but just opened the other Fruity Milkshake from The Veil. I think it痴 called The Witness. Not bad at first sip! Not as fruity/chewy as the Razz Tastee! Full review later.
    Yea, as we discussed in Virtual Pub yesterday, some of Veil's beers are downright thick and chewy; something accfanfrom1970, fuse, RJ199 and I all really appreciate and like/enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Walked in the door from a trip back from the NC coast about an hour ago, unpacked, took a 20 minute walk and re-entered our house about 5 minutes ago and poured myself a Two Hearted Ale. I'll have that list of hosts and prior beverages in your PM box in about 5 minutes. Many thanks for volunteering; we'd be ecstatic to have you host Virtual Pub in July!!!!
    Done (between posts ).

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    You've been had! I don't think you'll regret it.
    Sssshhhhh. You're not supposed to reveal that.

Tree House Report #3

Space & Time
    Russian Imperial Stout
    8.8% ABV
    65 IBU
    "Big & very bold with notes of bitter dark chocolate, smoke, and espresso - brewed with a complex assortment of pale and dark malt."

Split this one with a friend Friday evening. Could not get over how smooth it was. The malt note come through so well and balanced. More chocolate than espresso, but not overpowering at all. Another exceptional brew.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Tree House Report #3

Space & Time
    Russian Imperial Stout
    8.8% ABV
    65 IBU
    "Big & very bold with notes of bitter dark chocolate, smoke, and espresso - brewed with a complex assortment of pale and dark malt."

Split this one with a friend Friday evening. Could not get over how smooth it was. The malt note come through so well and balanced. More chocolate than espresso, but not overpowering at all. Another exceptional brew.
    Soooo, Tree House brews more than super juicy IPAs/IIPAs. Maybe after a vaccine, it'll be time for another beer-cation in the northeast.

Soooo, Tree House brews more than super juicy IPAs/IIPAs. Maybe after a vaccine, it'll be time for another beer-cation in the northeast.
    I wonder what the split is between breweries that brew one beer amazingly well, and breweries where everything they brew is delightful.

Interview scheduled for 4:30 pm on Thursday in Greensboro.

Thinking about picking up a 4 or 6 pack from Wise Man on the way back, or sliding by TW's gal Stella.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I wonder what the split is between breweries that brew one beer amazingly well, and breweries where everything they brew is delightful.
    I am unable to speculate about/answer your question but I am willing to travel more and sample more breweries/beers so we are not left with the dreaded DBR "small sample size."

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post

Thinking about picking up a 4 or 6 pack from Wise Man on the way back, or sliding by TW's gal Stella.
    I do not understand your choice of "or" in your post above.

I am unable to speculate about/answer your question but I am willing to travel more and sample more breweries/beers so we are not left with the dreaded DBR "small sample size."

Your dedication to science, and to a full and thorough statistical sampling for adequate analysis, is exemplary.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post

My sister is considering a job opportunity in Greensboro as well. Never spent much time there, since visiting a good friend at UNCG many many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Your dedication to science, and to a full and thorough statistical sampling for adequate analysis, is exemplary.
    Thank you, thank you very much (posted in my best Elvis14 tone of voice ).

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My sister is considering a job opportunity in Greensboro as well. Never spent much time there, since visiting a good friend at UNCG many many years ago.
    The job itself is in the western side of Greensboro, which is nice because I'm looking to live in Winston-Salem.

Someone has to invent a COVID mask through which one is able to sip fine, adult malted beverages.

Someone has to invent a COVID mask through which one is able to sip fine, adult malted beverages.

Sadly, had a brief thought (not specifically beer related) of an integrated mask / camelbak product.

A couple from last PM because tonight is "dry."

Bloodline-Flying Dog Brewery

Not. Local.

Credit-our part time nurse in her birthday package for me last week (to be clear, she's a classmate of my wife's and my wife gets a few more gifts than me); thanks!
    Style-flavored ale (probably an IPA)
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Enjoy by: 03.25.20 (uh-oh)
    Drinking vessel-pint glass
    Appearance-clear orange amber; moderate head
    Nose-orange PineSol?
    Mouthfeel-moderate bitterness
    Tastes-orange soap; pine and resin
    Adjuncts-"blood orange puree and natural flavorings"
    IBU-probably 60
    ABV-7%
    Overall impression-not "turned" but not fresh either; wouldn't bring one home unless fresh
    Ymm, Beer rating-high cat 1; not *quite* a drain pour; funny/sadly, I've liked some of the traders August West gave me in 2018 or 2019

From 4/30/12:

(older review won't copy/paste and didn't feel like searching again)

From 6/26/17:

From last PM (WTH? More than 5 years since I've had a Two Hearted Ale):

Two Hearted Ale (bottled on 5/7/17)-Bell's Brewing

Drink fresh!

It also helps that it was $2 off at Total Wine this weekend so a 6er cost me <$7, making it even tastier at about $1.16/12 ounce bottle .

I thought the citrus and tropical scents and flavors were a bit more prominent with little floral or piney overtones. Bell's doesn't believe in IBUs but I think 60 is a reasonable guess as above. Same ABV. I think I'll make this my lawnmower beer tonight in about an hour.
    From last PM:

Two Hearted Ale-Bell's Brewery

Far from local

Credit-our part time nurse again; thanks!
    Style-American IPA
    Format-pint can (new for this brew)
    Freshness-29031 PKGD 14:00 04/16/20 087602
    Shelf life-6 months
    Glassware-another boring pint glass
    Appearance-yellow bronze; moderate, foamy head
    Nose-pine, resin, citrus
    Mouthfeel-moderate bitterness
    Tastes-orange rind, pine, resin, grapefruit
    Hops-Centennial (I've never seen that revealed before by Bell's)
    IBU-go with 60 again
    ABV-7%
    Overall impression-sometime between 2017 and last year, I must have "soured" on American IPAs; still good and still a national "standard" but less so for me now
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid/upper cat 2; still recommended and wouldn't turn one down (obviously )

She Drives a Plymouth Satellite
    Orange Cat Brew Company
    NEIPA
    7.5% ABV
    "A juicy combination of Galaxy, Simcoe and Citra hops."

What a great name for the beer and brewery. Beer was a little dank up front, but finished very well.

$60 Nachos
    Hoof Hearted Brewing
    DIPA
    8% ABV

I had it on draft, but the can design is absolutely phenomenal. Citra and Simcoe hops. Just a slight sweetness to it that cuts across the hops perfectly. Lovely brew.