Page 1375 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 375875127513251365137313741375137613771385142514751875 ... LastLast
Results 27,481 to 27,500 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Sorry no milkshake reviews (yet), met up with son and his wife at Ardent and then Hardywood (Scott’s Addition) . Phase 2! Honey Ginger and BBA Cru. So good to get a bit of normal. All outdoor. All distancing, all cards no cash, no kids or pets. But really great beer.

Rodenbach Fruitage

This one is from Belgium and comes in a cute little red and white 8.5 oz. can. $1.99 at Bestway Grocery, Greensboro. From Beer Advocate:

Notes: Flanders Red Ale- a blend of 3/4 young beer and 1/4 aged beer matured for 2 years in oak foeders, with added juice of cherries and elderberries.v

Both mrs killer (awake now after beauty nap) and I liked this one very much. Uh-oh, another style with a check mark! Poured a dark burgundy into a snifter from Thirsty Monk in Asheville. Light tan foamy head, good lacing.

Smelled great, cherries mostly. Light and smooth taste, crisp. mrs killer said it tasted more like grape juice than beer. Just noticed that this one is 9% red fruit. Sweet, a hint of sour.

Quite a bargain.
    Last edited by killerleft; 06-20-2020 at 03:40 PM.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    This one is from Belgium and comes in a cute little red and white 8.5 oz. can. $1.99 at Bestway Grocery, Greensboro. From Beer Advocate:

Notes: Flanders Red Ale- a blend of 3/4 young beer and 1/4 aged beer matured for 2 years in oak foeders, with added juice of cherries and elderberries.v

Both mrs killer (awake now after beauty nap) and I liked this one very much. Uh-oh, another style with a check mark! Poured a dark burgundy into a snifter from Thirsty Monk in Asheville. Light tan foamy head, good lacing.

Smelled great, cherries mostly. Light and smooth taste, crisp. mrs killer said it tasted more like grape juice than beer. Just noticed that this one is 9% red fruit.

Quite a bargain.
    This is a great beer. Been a while since I have seen/had one. From memory, what I purchased were small cans. Was hoping I’d see someone share a review on this beer. Well worth seeking out.

Mrs. Nrrrrvous and I have hit Kindred Spirit for an outdoor afternoon beer. I’m going with the theme -
    Strawberry Milkshake. I’ll review later, Mrs Nrrrrvous is giving me the evil eye for typing on my phone.

I never turn down a beer from Hardywood.

Chocolate Stout made with Virginia Red Raspberries, from their Virginia Roots series. 9.5% ABV, 50 IBUs, from a 500 ml bottle.

Both the chocolate and raspberries come through loud and strong. The alcohol is not as hidden as the Foothills Sexual Stout's, but is not really strong either. Strong-bodied, not a lot of head, pleasant aroma. Nice tan lacing throughout my 5 oz. pour.

I like it a lot. The chocolate lingers, the aftertaste is a tiny bit bitter. Better as it warms. Makes me want more.

Instead, I'll put a tiny rubber ball cap on him and try some later.
    Great beer. I think my last bottle in either 2018 or 2019 was only $6, a great price.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Sorry no milkshake reviews (yet), met up with son and his wife at Ardent and then Hardywood (Scott’s Addition) . Phase 2! Honey Ginger and BBA Cru. So good to get a bit of normal. All outdoor. All distancing, all cards no cash, no kids or pets. But really great beer.
    Back to back round trippers!

Smelled great, cherries mostly. Light and smooth taste, crisp. mrs killer said it tasted more like grape juice than beer. Just noticed that this one is 9% red fruit. Sweet, a hint of sour.

Quite a bargain.
    I shoulda bought one of those a few weeks back when I *thought* I saw one, but, that was before OPK declared his Belgian beer Virtual Pub. My loss.

From Thursday PM, an early brew for killerleft's Virtual Pub on Saturday:

Iced Latte IPA-Casita Cerveceria and Siren Craft Brew collaboration

About halfway local, I think

Credit-RJ199 traded this brew session before last; many thanks!!
    Style-sounds like a milkshake IPA to me
    Format-pint can
    Stemware-Stella snifter
    Appearance-hazy amber orange; moderate tan head
    Scents-coffee, vanilla, orange
    Mouthfeel-pinch of bitter
    Tastes-cognitive dissonance; coffee, pineapple, orange rind; who put that tropical fruit juice in my java?
    Hops-Mosaic, Columbus and Cashmere
    Grains-Marris Otter (UK, I think), malted oats, flaked oats
    Adjuncts-lactose, vanilla and coffee
    IBU-perhaps 40?
    ABV-7%
    Overall impression-an unusual combination of the above ingredients that is well executed and paired well with some triple chocolate cake
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; innovation, uniqueness, pairing; an orange pineapple coffee shake; might not be for everyone but I really enjoyed

I promise no more "cellared" reviews. I'm really going to drink one "live" during Zoom time and then another for a night cap.

Burial Beer Death and the Miser

Burial's Death and the Miser is a sour red ale. Tasted in a 6 oz. snifter yesterday at the Brewer's Kettle in Kernersville.

I've yet to taste a bad beer from them. This one is moderately sour, and the first sip left me with the impression that I would not like it. But, the more I sipped, the more appreciative I became. The aroma was cherries, and a bit of sweetness came through.

Death and the Miser is kinda like the big brother of the Rodenbach Fruitage. I liked it better than the Rodenbach. My wife liked the Rodenbach.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From Thursday PM, an early brew for killerleft's Virtual Pub on Saturday:

Iced Latte IPA-Casita Cerveceria and Siren Craft Brew collaboration

About halfway local, I think

Credit-RJ199 traded this brew session before last; many thanks!!
    Style-sounds like a milkshake IPA to me
    Format-pint can
    Stemware-Stella snifter
    Appearance-hazy amber orange; moderate tan head
    Scents-coffee, vanilla, orange
    Mouthfeel-pinch of bitter
    Tastes-cognitive dissonance; coffee, pineapple, orange rind; who put that tropical fruit juice in my java?
    Hops-Mosaic, Columbus and Cashmere
    Grains-Marris Otter (UK, I think), malted oats, flaked oats
    Adjuncts-lactose, vanilla and coffee
    IBU-perhaps 40?
    ABV-7%
    Overall impression-an unusual combination of the above ingredients that is well executed and paired well with some triple chocolate cake
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; innovation, uniqueness, pairing; an orange pineapple coffee shake; might not be for everyone but I really enjoyed
    That sounds tasty. I'm sure I can find one nearby.

Burial's Death and the Miser is a sour red ale. Tasted in a 6 oz. snifter yesterday at the Brewer's Kettle in Kernersville.

I've yet to taste a bad beer from them. This one is moderately sour, and the first sip left me with the impression that I would not like it. But, the more I sipped, the more appreciative I became. The aroma was cherries, and a bit of sweetness came through.

Death and the Miser is kinda like the big brother of the Rodenbach Fruitage. I liked it better than the Rodenbach. My wife liked the Rodenbach.
    We've had various nominees here for best NC brewery and Burial makes everyone's lists. Our son's eyes opened widely when I showed up last weekend with two Burial IPAs, one of their DIPAs and the Gizmo Blood Orange Milkshake IPA I'm gonna pour in about 30 minutes.

Southern Tier Vanilla Whipp Milkshake IPA

Grabbed this one at Total Wine in Greensboro. Sipped in a snifter. 6.5 ABV. No IBUs given.

mrs killerleft says Yumm. Prominent vanilla but not overpowering. Very light mouthfeel, sweet. A bit bitter at the end. I liked this one, too, the vanilla nose was quite perfumey to me.

From the can: Citra, Mosaic, Amarillo and Azacca hops. Two row pale flaked oats. Milk sugar is a hot addition, vanilla is a cold side addition.

Really smooth beer.

Grabbed this one at Total Wine in Greensboro. Sipped in a snifter. 6.5 ABV. No IBUs given.

mrs killerleft says Yumm. Prominent vanilla but not overpowering. Very light mouthfeel, sweet. A bit bitter at the end. I liked this one, too, the vanilla nose was quite perfumey to me.

From the can: Citra, Mosaic, Amarillo and Azacca hops. Two row pale flaked oats. Milk sugar is a hot addition, vanilla is a cold side addition.

Really smooth beer.
    I shoulda bought one but didn't see any singles, only 4 packs.

Commonwealth / Allagash Toji (?) on deck for live virtual pub.

Yuzu and medjool date foeder and white wine barrel aged.

The pour was super interesting- can’t recall ever seeing such a rich and thick head dissipate unevenly.

Super cold, needs some warming time.

Wow is it bubbly in the glass- a continuous champagne like cascade of bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I shoulda bought one but didn't see any singles, only 4 packs.
    I think this is the one OPK did not care for, so there is that!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Commonwealth / Allagash Toji (?) on deck for live virtual pub.

Yuzu and medjool date foeder and white wine barrel aged.

The pour was super interesting- can’t recall ever seeing such a rich and thick head dissipate unevenly.

Super cold, needs some warming time.

Wow is it bubbly in the glass- a continuous champagne like cascade of bubbles.
    Oooh, RJ199 included one for me in our recent trading session, too. I'll likely tee that up when our son and his family visit in less than 10 days.

I think this is the one OPK did not care for, so there is that!
    True dat. But, he did admit milkshake IPAs might not be his favorite cup of ale. Southern Tier does brew things to excess at times.

Okay, I'm signing off from this portion of the Pub. The door shall remain ajar, and I welcome more posts! May the Zoom be a good one! I have a previously scheduled engagement and won't be able to attend. Thanks all, and may the 'Shake be with You!

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Mrs. Nrrrrvous and I have hit Kindred Spirit for an outdoor afternoon beer. I’m going with the theme -
    Strawberry Milkshake. I’ll review later, Mrs Nrrrrvous is giving me the evil eye for typing on my phone.
    Sorry, I somehow missed this post! Sounds like she needs a Milkshake IPA!