Page 1358 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 358858125813081348135613571358135913601368140814581858 ... LastLast
Results 27,141 to 27,160 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Monk’s Cafè Flemish Sour

Wish I had had this for Belgian day. Pours a nice mahogany. Not overly sour. A hint of RC Cola. Really smooth and very flavorful. Solidly Cat 3.
    Cuvee Des Jaacobins Rouge - Flanders Red Sour Ale - 5.5% ABV - Belgium -

Another DNP from Belgian night. Refreshing vinegary sour balanced gorgeously with oak-barrel aged vanilla and fruit. The bottle says stone fruit, coconut, cherries, apples. Sure. Beergoddess liked it and agreed that we couldn't discern all those flavors.

Loved it. The strongest of Category 2. Beeradvocate says 96 - world class. (I dunno, tough to beat... New Glarus)

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

Another DNP from Belgian night. Refreshing vinegary sour balanced gorgeously with oak-barrel aged vanilla and fruit. The bottle says stone fruit, coconut, cherries, apples. Sure. Beergoddess liked it and agreed that we couldn't discern all those flavors.

Loved it. The strongest of Category 2. Beeradvocate says 96 - world class. (I dunno, tough to beat... New Glarus)
    The last DNP I have is the Trappistes Rochefort 10. Sounds like a Friday treat.

Saison Dupont - Somewhere in Belgium (not in Bruges) - 6.5 %

This just smells and tastes so Classically and refreshingly Belgian. The strongest of Category 2. Loved it. Buy and taste one if you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You won't be disappointed.

Somehow I still have a Westmalle. It's a big bottle and for whatever reason those linger longer in my fridge. But it's going down Friday to make room for some New fruited Gems. Thanks for educating me on Belgians. They really set the standard on how good beer can be and still is.

Somehow I still have a Westmalle. It's a big bottle and for whatever reason those linger longer in my fridge. But it's going down Friday to make room for some New fruited Gems. Thanks for educating me on Belgians. They really set the standard on how good beer can be and still is.
    Looking forward to learning about Milkshake IPA’s thanks to killerleft!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I’ll preface this by saying that I am not an IPA guy. At all. But tonight I gave Burial’s Hawkbill IPA a shot. And I think I found a small slice of heaven. Very floral in the nose. Strong hints of citrus in the mouth. Not too bitter. Just 40 IBUs. I might have called it a hoppy Pilsner if hadn’t known it was an IPA. I don’t think this beer will convert me to an IPA fan. But I damn sure will be having more of this one.
    Burial has to be the #1 best brewery in NC.

(Brewery Bhavana was previously in that conversation IMO, but they are very sadly dead and buried.)

Sure did, it’s a favorite.

And the base of a great traditional Carbonnade Flamande (Flemish beef & beer) stew:

https://www.oliviascuisine.com/the-w...and-beer-stew/
    Wait, you can cook with beer? Ida never thought that...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Working Man’s Lunch and a Moon Pie, for example.
    Great. It's 11 PM, I'm on call and you make me hungry and thirsty...

Speaking of New Glarus, have you heard any rumors originating in Chicago via Columbus and Raleigh?

Yea, might not work for tomorrow which is National Corn on the Cob AND German Chocolate Cake Day. You'll see that thread/announcement in the AM.

Whoa, settle down there, fella. Let's not get the Raspberries before the Cherries. Or something like that...

Sung to the tune of Wells Fargo Wagon from The Music Man:

(with apologies to Meredith Willson)

"Oh the New Glarus beermule is a coming down the street
    Oh please let it be for us
    Oh the New Glarus beermule is a coming down the street
    I wish I wish I knew what it could be..."

More tomorrow night, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I’ll preface this by saying that I am not an IPA guy. At all. But tonight I gave Burial’s Hawkbill IPA a shot. And I think I found a small slice of heaven. Very floral in the nose. Strong hints of citrus in the mouth. Not too bitter. Just 40 IBUs. I might have called it a hoppy Pilsner if hadn’t known it was an IPA. I don’t think this beer will convert me to an IPA fan. But I damn sure will be having more of this one.
    You know, I felt the same way about IPAs. Then one night I tried Triple Crossing's Falcon Smash. I realized there can be a good IPA. To this day, still one of my faves.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    You know, I felt the same way about IPAs. Then one night I tried Triple Crossing's Falcon Smash. I realized there can be a good IPA. To this day, still one of my faves.
    I had high hopes the beer industry would ride the SMASH trend for years.

Single Malt and Single Hop are a great way to hone in on what you like about beer.

It’s local and it’s back - and now in cans! Ardent’s Honey Ginger.

Sampled by several here, it’s a spiced ale brewed with locally sourced honey and fresh, hand-peeled ginger. A medium-bodied beer that pours a deep copper color, with a nice balance between mild honey sweetness and a spicy ginger bite in a refreshing summer seasonal.
    Cat 3.

7.8% ABV • 18 IBU. I picked the BBA version as my favorite, but this a go to “regular” beer. $14 for a 12oz. four pack. My first two won’t last long. Can’t wait until the fall for the BBA version.

Tomorrow brings another Ardent - the big D.
    Last edited by accfanfrom1970; 06-11-2020 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Addition

From last summer:

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Falcon Smash (draft)-Triple Cross Brewing

We're local!

Twelve ounce pour with lunch of their "flagship" IPA. Appearance was hazy yellow with a small, creamy head. Lots of pineapple and grapefruit aromas with some orange, guava, strawberry and melon on the tastebuds. No fruits added and despite its American IPA claim, it tasted more like a NEIPA/West Coast IPA hybrid with some dankness from the Falconer's Flight dry hop brewing and "rotating hop varietals" in the tun, too. I'll guess IBUs about 60 with the stated ABV at 7%. Bartender really liked this brewery and I'd certainly have some of their other brews when visiting again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Great minds and all that stuff .

Almost a year later and I still have fond and tasty memories of that beer, even though I got the name of the brewery wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I had high hopes the beer industry would ride the SMASH trend for years.

Single Malt and Single Hop are a great way to hone in on what you like about beer.
    Yea, sadly we had to drink lots and lots of beer and learn the "hard" way, tasting/discovering IPAs/IIPAs with Citra, Mosaic, Azzaca, Vic Secret, Galaxy and all those other new/hybrid/southern hemisphere hops.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    It’s local and it’s back - and now in cans! Ardent’s Honey Ginger.

Sampled by several here, it’s a spiced ale brewed with locally sourced honey and fresh, hand-peeled ginger. A medium-bodied beer that pours a deep copper color, with a nice balance between mild honey sweetness and a spicy ginger bite in a refreshing summer seasonal.
    Cat 3.

7.8% ABV • 18 IBU. I picked the BBA version as my favorite, but this a go to “regular” beer. $14 for a 12oz. four pack. My first two won’t last long. Can’t wait until the fall for the BBA version.

Tomorrow brings another Ardent - the big D.
    Yea, that's really a wonderful "go to" beer.

What's the big D?

It appears I'll be picking up 600-800 New Glarus beers tomorrow night. That should set off some alarms.

Looking forward to learning about Milkshake IPA’s thanks to killerleft!
    They are, like, so tasty! I'm hoping to learn more, myself. Haven't found one I don't like yet. But I'm not the typical beer hound.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!