Page 1357 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 357857125713071347135513561357135813591367140714571857 ... LastLast
Results 27,121 to 27,140 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Gingerbread Porter-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

Local for a couple or three Ymm, Beer posters

Credit-accfanfrom1970, please step forward and take a well deserved bow; many thanks for your beer mule-ry!!
    Style-flavored imperial porter; yes, a non-stout in the 2019 GBS Complete Set
    Format-pint can; another first in the 2019 GBS Complete Set
    Stemware-that cute little tumbler from the 2018 Complete Set worked quite nicely with this
    Appearance-dark brown with a medium tan, foamy head
    Scents-ginger (not Mary Ann)
    Mouthfeel-smooooooth with a zing
    Tastes-prominent but not unpleasant ginger, dark honey, milk chocolate (not added) and "special GBS spices" that I can't identify
    Adjuncts-ginger (d'oh!), honey, "spices," but no lactose like the GBS
    IBU-probably 40
    ABV-the usual 9.2%
    Overall impression-a very nice change/addition/replacement in the set
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; would be happy to see again in the 2020 Complete Set if accfanfrom1970 will be our "beast of burden"
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Village IPA-Alphabet City Brewing Company

Not local (Elmsford, NY)

Credit-same neighbor responsible for the Atlanta brews; this was decent so he gets a thank you
    Style-(above)
    Format-12 ounce can
    Freshness-1057 MPN 1484 (shrugs)
    Glassware-standard pint vessel
    Appearance-very slightly hazy orange yellow; moderate foam
    Nose-weak citrus; hints of pine
    Mouthfeel-mild bitterness
    Tastes-weak grapefruit and orange; touch of resin; splash of caramel
    IBU-maybe 50
    ABV-6.2%
    Overall impression-decent pairing with some leftover homemade Curry Chicken Divan
    Ymm, Beer rating-low/mid cat 2; much better than Hoplanta; comparable to Hartsfield; would consider another brew from this brewery

Hey, RJ199-this is still on tap at Bottle Rev:

"Disco Inferno: Jalapeno blonde beer brewed with edible glitter. It shines like your favorite sequin onesie under a disco ball! Strong jalapeno aroma and flavor with a hint of spice."

Bottle Rev insists Lake James Life is on tap and Fonta Flora's website states it's an "adjunct lager with heritage corn." My guess it's the same base beer as Tripping William has reviewed but they dropped the lime from the recipe and brewed it with corn instead.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Bottle Rev insists Lake James Life is on tap and Fonta Flora's website states it's an "adjunct lager with heritage corn." My guess it's the same base beer as Tripping William has reviewed but they dropped the lime from the recipe and brewed it with corn instead.
    Beats me.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    ASSuming it's on a per capita basis, my guesses will be VT #1, mostly because budwom lives there, and WI as #2, mostly because a year or two ago, one of us discovered a sad article about the highest rate of alcoholism in the US was in WI.

Accfanfrom1970 sent me a photo of a crowler that he's teeing up soon. Will fit perfectly on DBR, maybe even in several threads. Has something to do with windows...

Kettel Beerworks Vonderbier

A Münich style golden lager. Fascinating. Bright gold. Tastes a lot like a Belgian golden, with a little hint of funk. Very quaffable at 5.6% ABV. Very solid Cat 2.

NoDa products now located in the beer aisle of your favorite Harris Teeter grocery stories.

I’ll preface this by saying that I am not an IPA guy. At all. But tonight I gave Burial’s Hawkbill IPA a shot. And I think I found a small slice of heaven. Very floral in the nose. Strong hints of citrus in the mouth. Not too bitter. Just 40 IBUs. I might have called it a hoppy Pilsner if hadn’t known it was an IPA. I don’t think this beer will convert me to an IPA fan. But I damn sure will be having more of this one.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I’ll preface this by saying that I am not an IPA guy. At all. But tonight I gave Burial’s Hawkbill IPA a shot. And I think I found a small slice of heaven. Very floral in the nose. Strong hints of citrus in the mouth. Not too bitter. Just 40 IBUs. I might have called it a hoppy Pilsner if hadn’t known it was an IPA. I don’t think this beer will convert me to an IPA fan. But I damn sure will be having more of this one.
    Try some more of Burial's IPAs and IIPAs. They are generally outstanding; often very fruity/juicy.

Try some more of Burial's IPAs and IIPAs. They are generally outstanding; often very fruity/juicy.
    +1. What dd said.

Monk’s Cafè Flemish Sour

Wish I had had this for Belgian day. Pours a nice mahogany. Not overly sour. A hint of RC Cola. Really smooth and very flavorful. Solidly Cat 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Monk’s Cafè Flemish Sour

Wish I had had this for Belgian day. Pours a nice mahogany. Not overly sour. A hint of RC Cola. Really smooth and very flavorful. Solidly Cat 3.
    OPK may have sipped that one on his special day.

Monk’s Cafè Flemish Sour

OPK may have sipped that one on his special day.
    Sure did, it’s a favorite.

And the base of a great traditional Carbonnade Flamande (Flemish beef & beer) stew:

https://www.oliviascuisine.com/the-w...and-beer-stew/

Kettel Beerworks Vonderbier

A Münich style golden lager. Fascinating. Bright gold. Tastes a lot like a Belgian golden, with a little hint of funk. Very quaffable at 5.6% ABV. Very solid Cat 2.
    Interesting; I would have expected this to be like an Octoberfest/Marzen style beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    You can’t go wrong with Burial. Can’t recall having a Burial beer I didn’t enjoy immensely.

Monk’s Cafè Flemish Sour

I love descriptions like this, particularly ones that evoke strong memories like RC Cola.

Fun to think about food comparisons - RC Cola, Orangina, there is a wealth of beer taste analogies that just nail what you should expect when you drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I love descriptions like this, particularly ones that evoke strong memories like RC Cola.

Fun to think about food comparisons - RC Cola, Orangina, there is a wealth of beer taste analogies that just nail what you should expect when you drink it.
    Working Man’s Lunch and a Moon Pie, for example.