Page 1270 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 270770117012201260126812691270127112721280132013701770 ... LastLast
Results 25,381 to 25,400 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Any suggestions for keeping half a crowler can from going flat? I have a high-gravity beer in a crowler, but even with help from Mademoiselle Tripping we won’t be able to drink it all in one sitting. I’m thinking of hanging on to an empty bomber then pouring the remainder into that and topping it. But that sounds labor-intensive. Other thoughts solicited.
    Ya gotta just take the hit and enjoy it all in one sitting. 😁🍻

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Ya gotta just take the hit and enjoy it all in one sitting. 😁🍻
    32 ounces of 10%+? That’s a biiiiiiiiiiig hit! 😂
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

That’s two big beers, or four normal beers.
    Since you shouldn’t be driving anyway...

Yes it was. Thank you sir! 🍻
    You're most welcome. Having traded recently with our son, you, Tripping William and RJ199, I couldn't remember who got which brews .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Yea, I'm pretty much done after a pint can of something like that, even if I am (used to be ) a 60 Minute Man .

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Attachment 10466

Holy cow, this is good!

Notes of lemon, lime, peach, and melon. A bit dank and creamy. I find the NE IPA style to be hit or miss, either underwhelming or world-class, this one is the latter.

7.5% ABV. No IBUs listed, but I would guess around 35.

High CAT 3.
    It's sure fun to support NC breweries and drink Burial at the same time. I'm going to just request Stella order this one.

When I drink a Burial IPA, I just assume now that they will be Category 3. They almost always are. Tonight I had...

A Departure from the Dawn - American IPA - 7.6 % - 50 IBU - Collaboration with Bearded Iris Brewing - Nashville and Asheville - Double dry-hopped with Riwaka, Vic Secret, Citra Cryo, and Columbus Cryo.

This beer looks even better than the one Mattman reviewed on the pour - hazy, juicy, pineapple-white grapefruit juice look with a tropical aroma.

It's tropical and as usual for Burial, not for others, it has that super-soft mouthfeel like a milkshake. This beer is so soft and refreshing I'm sure beergoddess would like it. But I accidentally finished the whole thing before I shared to test that. So refreshing it went quickly. I'll get a 4-6 pack at Stella tomorrow and change that.

The flavor is just soft, tropical, mango, earthy, subtle barely perceivable dankness, great hops, and tight start to finish.

Category 3 - get some and you'll be happy with it. And I'm sure this is not as good as the one Mattman had which I will also find if I can.

Just to be fair, I also had a Burial IPA which was not Category 3. I was surprised because their beer is normally so good I basically hold them to a different standard against their other beer.

Bonedagger - Burial - American Pale Ale - 5.5% ABV - 45 IBU - Simcoe, Idaho 7, Citra, and double-dry hopped with Lupulin powder.

Solid Category 2, but boring for Burial and average. If you see this one I'd recommend buying a single beer first, which is good, but not as good as their others.

Hazy yellow-straw pour with a citrus nose. Smooth feel and finish. Light and easy to drink. Taste is citrus, wheat, floral, hoppy, with a hint of pine - well balanced.

For comparison, The Foothills Festival Express is a better, more tropical aromatic category 2 beer than this one. The Casita Been there Done That is a much better right on the line Category 3 beer much better than this one.
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 04-04-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    It's sure fun to support NC breweries and drink Burial at the same time. I'm going to just request Stella order this one.

When I drink a Burial IPA, I just assume now that they will be Category 3. They almost always are. Tonight I had...

A Departure from the Dawn - American IPA - 7.6 % - 50 IBU - Collaboration with Bearded Iris Brewing - Nashville and Asheville - Double dry-hopped with Riwaka, Vic Secret, Citra Cryo, and Columbus Cryo.

This beer looks even better than the one Mattman reviewed on the pour - hazy, juicy, pineapple-white grapefruit juice look with a tropical aroma.

It's tropical and as usual for Burial, not for others, it has that super-soft mouthfeel like a milkshake. This beer is so soft and refreshing I'm sure beergoddess would like it. But I accidentally finished the whole thing before I shared to test that. So refreshing it went quickly. I'll get a 4-6 pack at Stella tomorrow and change that.

The flavor is just soft, tropical, mango, earthy, subtle barely perceivable dankness, great hops, and tight start to finish.

Category 3 - get some and you'll be happy with it. And I'm sure this is not as good as the one Mattman had which I will also find if I can.
    Just to be fair, I also had a Burial IPA which was not Category 3. I was surprised because their beer is normally so good I basically hold them to a different standard against their other beer.

Bonedagger - Burial - American Pale Ale - 5.5% ABV - 45 IBU - Simcoe, Idaho 7, Citra, and double-dry hopped with Lupulin powder.

Solid Category 2, but boring for Burial and average. If you see this one I'd recommend buying a single beer first, which is good, but not as good as their others.

Hazy yellow-straw pour with a citrus nose. Smooth feel and finish. Light and easy to drink. Taste is citrus, wheat, floral, hoppy, with a hint of pine - well balanced.

For comparison, The Foothills Festival Express is a better, more tropical aromatic category 2 beer than this one. The Casita Been there Done That is a much better right on the line Category 3 beer much better than this one.
    Hmmm, should I support the local craft beer stores or call Burial in Raleigh on Monday and inquire if they're doing curbside pick-up...

Duke Butler 2010 championship game zoom link:

https://netapp.zoom.us/j/417152539?p...QzMWRVL3FYQT09

Should open at 3:45pm ET.

Password is the username of the most prolific poster on the Ymm, Beer thread.

Sweet! I'll join the fun shortly...

Cool! Thanks!

Because it came up in Zoom — Aviation Gin process:

(NSFW)

Our Virtual Pub practice session ended a few minutes ago and was a blast. Hopefully, fuse will be kind enough to set one up again for Gooch's regularly scheduled Virtual Pub next Saturday.

Lots of fun, thanks for hosting fuse!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Lots of fun, thanks for hosting fuse!
    It was fun! Glad you, devildeac, and mattman all joined. Was a great game to watch!

I’ll review Haw River Shaggy Blue Rug another time.

It was fun! Glad you, devildeac, and mattman all joined. Was a great game to watch!

Sorry to miss it. That Haw River is an incredibly interesting beer, IMO (no H pretense on that one).

Two more solid Cat 2’s from SoPines BC: Denali Kiss (an NEIPA) and Thin Mint (their Prioress milk stout brewed with Girl Scout cookies). Both delicious sippers. The NEIPA was only 25 IBUs, which surprised me for how low that seemed. The Thin Mint was a little thin in the mouthfeel or it could have cleared to Cat 3. Bought four-packs of each, and glad I did. Good drinking in this Cat 15 weather!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Haw River Tasseography Green

Green tea and green peppercorn saison

A little smoky and mild peppery nose.
    (From memory, the Tasseography Black was like sniffing a liquid smoke bottle, in a good way.)

Peppery up front similar to the white.
    Mellows mid palate to a very dry green tea finish.

Another outstanding Haw River beer.
    Cheers! 🍻

I truly hate that we missed this. No good excuse. I was lazy and watched a movie this morning. Had to get outside for a run in this weather on day off and thus missed this. I hope there is another Zoom virtual pub next weekend, and we'll be there.

Tonight I had probably the best beer I've had ever from New Anthem Beer Project. And this DIPA was not as good as the standard DIPA's I've had from Burial and Casita this past week.

On Cassette - Double NE IPA - New Anthem Beer Project - 8.1 % - Citra, Amarillo, El Dorado, and Mosaic

Beautiful pour - juicy and hazy pineapple juice.

The hops are very well balanced with dankness and juicy pineapple which comes through clean on the finish. Thick, juicy feel. I thought the beer had a bit too much carbonation bite which took away from the initial flavor. I'm nitpicking because I've had such well-crafted beers this week. First world problem.

Strong Category 2 - worth buying for sure if you see it. I found it at Stella.

I truly hate that we missed this. No good excuse. I was lazy and watched a movie this morning. Had to get outside for a run in this weather on day off and thus missed this. I hope there is another Zoom virtual pub next weekend, and we'll be there.

Tonight I had probably the best beer I've had ever from New Anthem Beer Project. And this DIPA was not as good as the standard DIPA's I've had from Burial and Casita this past week.

On Cassette - Double NE IPA - New Anthem Beer Project - 8.1 % - Citra, Amarillo, El Dorado, and Mosaic

Beautiful pour - juicy and hazy pineapple juice.

The hops are very well balanced with dankness and juicy pineapple which comes through clean on the finish. Thick, juicy feel. I thought the beer had a bit too much carbonation bite which took away from the initial flavor. I'm nitpicking because I've had such well-crafted beers this week. First world problem.

Strong Category 2 - worth buying for sure if you see it. I found it at Stella.
    Sounds a lot like this one that Bottle Rev has on tap (growlers only) that I have not tasted:

https://untappd.com/b/new-anthem-bee...-break/2459403

Time to do some lagering this afternoon/evening. Hope I don't pilsner anybody off by posting that.