Page 1268 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 268768116812181258126612671268126912701278131813681768 ... LastLast
Results 25,341 to 25,360 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Me too. They had a couple bottles at Stella. I also supported Fiddlin Fish, Incendiary, a new Burial, and Stella. Stella told me they don't know if they will stay open or not, but they hope to and are taking it 1 week at a time. They were busy with good policies of curbside, 1 in 1 out, and they opened all the coolers for me to get the beer out so that nobody touches the coolers.

Beergoddess and I would definitely be in for the Zoom Virtual pub and would vote for a weekend evening or afternoon, after the outdoor exercise of course. But we'll do our best whenever it works.

Cheers to a great weekend to all! Should be a really nice one.
    Came here to post that I am ready for the Zoom VP after a morning hike in Pisgah National Forest tomorrow morning

Still waiting to hear from Gooch to confirm day, and time for folks wanting a Zoom experience.

Dead & Berried

It ain’t just for the Laughter thread. Still a Cat 3 beer. The acidity from the berries seals the deal.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Dead & Berried

It ain’t just for the Laughter thread. Still a Cat 3 beer. The acidity from the berries seals the deal.
    I might have to seek this one out again.

Totally unrelated news, I wish Wise Man distributed to Asheville. Hoping to be in the distribution area by sometime this year is COVID-19 would go ahead and &%#@ off.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    In admittedly extraordinarily bad taste ( apologies in advance), I hear the COVID 19 is the new freshman 15 (ba dum boom ching!).

Seriously though, the pollening needs to stop so I can pretend to exercise to offset food and drink consumption.
    Yep, really fighting the urge to snack in the afternoons when I get home early, or in the evenings when sipping a fine, hand-crafted ale.

I've added 15-30 minutes each day to my usual walking routine to help prevent that weight gain. Currently sitting at 18000+ steps and 8.3 miles. Might need that extra 15 minutes tonight to reach that 20K goal. Oh, wait, that's the Fitness Thread.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Me too. They had a couple bottles at Stella. I also supported Fiddlin Fish, Incendiary, a new Burial, and Stella. Stella told me they don't know if they will stay open or not, but they hope to and are taking it 1 week at a time. They were busy with good policies of curbside, 1 in 1 out, and they opened all the coolers for me to get the beer out so that nobody touches the coolers.

Beergoddess and I would definitely be in for the Zoom Virtual pub and would vote for a weekend evening or afternoon, after the outdoor exercise of course. But we'll do our best whenever it works.

Cheers to a great weekend to all! Should be a really nice one.
    Looks like Gooch has it scheduled for Saturday, April 11 and has announced the featured "beer," but has not indicated tip-off time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Came here to post that I am ready for the Zoom VP after a morning hike in Pisgah National Forest tomorrow morning
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Still waiting to hear from Gooch to confirm day, and time for folks wanting a Zoom experience.
    Pretty sure Gooch is *not* having it this Saturday because it's his wife's birthday and called April 11 as the event date. Lemme go back to April 1 for his posts that day announcing Virtual Pub, his reasoning and the "beer" choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Dead & Berried

Yea, I had mine last week and would like to re-emphasize how good this was and, for mattman and RJ199, repeat that it did NOT smell/taste like dog food, which was apparently a pub/draft issue.

Found Gooch's posts from 4/1:

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    My wife's birthday is this weekend...so let's plan for April 11th. Gives folks time to prepare.

Further information forthcoming in an hour or so...
    An Announcement!

Pursuant to the traditions of the Ymmm...Beer thread, which many would argue is the most respected and
    revered of threads on the DBR boards, with posters of the most discerning tastes and the sharpest of wit(bier)s,
    I hereby declare the next choice of beverage style for the April Virtual Pub. Upon reviewing the long
    list of prior esteemed choices, and considering the state of the world in which we are living, I heeded some
    fatherly advice in making my choice: "Keep it Simple Stupid". What is the most popular style of beer in
    our great country and perhaps the world? What beer style sells more in one day hour of one day (in fact maybe
    one minute of one hour) than all the other types combined? Industrially produced, mass-distributed, American
    Lager
    (lite or other). So pick up your "favorite" thirty-pack while temporarily breaking quarantine, and
    shotgun a can in our virtual pub!

This Sunday, they are replaying the 2010 NC game at 4 and the 2015 NC game at 6 on CBSSN. If folks were looking for a reason to set a time and date . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    This Sunday, they are replaying the 2010 NC game at 4 and the 2015 NC game at 6 on CBSSN. If folks were looking for a reason to set a time and date . . . .
    I'm already in...

I'm already in...
    Watch Duke win National Championships, drink, and virtual social distance with virtual friends? That is as 2020 as it gets!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Pretty sure Gooch is *not* having it this Saturday because it's his wife's birthday and called April 11 as the event date. Lemme go back to April 1 for his posts that day announcing Virtual Pub, his reasoning and the "beer" choice.
    This is right...next weekend was the plan. I’m not sure of plans for that day so if someone wants to setup a Zoom meeting time I’ll try to join, but can’t commit to it at the moment.

I was going to suggest the spring-themes Pilsners/Lagers as the style for the event. But let’s try for some real versions and to support local breweries instead of my April Fools option...

This is right...next weekend was the plan. I’m not sure of plans for that day so if someone wants to setup a Zoom meeting time I’ll try to join, but can’t commit to it at the moment.

I was going to suggest the spring-themes Pilsners/Lagers as the style for the event. But let’s try for some real versions and to support local breweries instead of my April Fools option...
    Thanks for clarifying. I believe fuse has volunteered to set up a Zoom meeting but is looking for some guidance for times; not sure what sort of time windows he needs: 2 hours? a 4 hour slot? I'll let him run with this one.

Now that I know the "real" theme, I'm all-in for pilsners/lagers and will begin my purchases accordingly tomorrow with a heavy slant toward local/NC brewed products.

Highland Pilsner and Burial Shadowclock are great and easy to find for me.

Zillichoa always has great lagers and they are doing curbside pickup. I'll definitely swing by there for a crowler

Can I attend even though it will be pure rain water and grain alcohol for me? Purity Of Essence and all.

Can I attend even though it will be pure rain water and grain alcohol for me? Purity Of Essence and all.
    No judgement here.

Highland Pilsner and Burial Shadowclock are great and easy to find for me.

Zillichoa always has great lagers and they are doing curbside pickup. I'll definitely swing by there for a crowler
    I had 2 Burial Shadowclocks this week. It really is an outstanding, aromatic, malty, refreshing (NC-) German Pilsner. It's available at Stella and Bottle Rev I'm sure, too. It's one of the best pilsners I've had.

home brews always welcome

"No!! Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!"

Last edited by devildeac; 04-03-2020 at 10:43 PM.