Page 1264 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 264764116412141254126212631264126512661274131413641764 ... LastLast
Results 25,261 to 25,280 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Thinking about the April Virtual Pub in these crazy times. Would like to let folks know the style this week—talking suggestions by PM or in the thread. Here’s a list of the prior months:

July/fuse/NEIPA
    August/RJ199/goses
    September/Tripping William/Octoberfests
    September/mattman91/Saison
    October/DevilDeac/sours
    November/accfanfrom1970/stouts
    December/luburch/Holiday Ale
    January/thedukelamere/Barrel-Aged
    February/thedukelamere/Wheat Beer
    March/davec/IPA

Let me know your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I had a Coffee infused BBA Sexual Chocolate at Foothills last fall at the brewery. Have they ever bottled/canned this and sold it in bottle shop? I haven't looked for it, but reading the posts about Dead and Berried made me remember it (had them both together in a flight). I actually thought it was a tad better than D&B.
    I vaguely remember this version, too, but perhaps it was from your brewery tasting/report.

And, BTW, I forgot to comment in my post this AM about my D&B from the last two nights, that it did NOT taste like dog food .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Thinking about the April Virtual Pub in these crazy times. Would like to let folks know the style this week—talking suggestions by PM or in the thread. Here’s a list of the prior months:

July/fuse/NEIPA
    August/RJ199/goses
    October/DevilDeac/sours
    March/davec/IPA

I have no preference and would be happy with any of the following choices: pilsner/lager, pale ale, bock/doppelbock (in the lager family), amber/red/brown/Scotch-style ale, porter, authentic Belgian singel/dubbel/tripel/quad or "American" Belgian-style. What'd I omit?

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post

July/fuse/NEIPA
    August/RJ199/goses
    October/DevilDeac/sours
    March/davec/IPA

Any style other than Baltic Porter is fine by me. 🤣

Onsite inventory is limited so I may participate in a “grab bag” fashion depending on what I can procure. (First world problem for sure.)

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Any style other than Baltic Porter is fine by me. 🤣

Onsite inventory is limited so I may participate in a “grab bag” fashion depending on what I can procure. (First world problem for sure.)
    I’m easy. I’m gonna hafta procure irregardless....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I vaguely remember this version, too, but perhaps it was from your brewery tasting/report.

And, BTW, I forgot to comment in my post this AM about my D&B from the last two nights, that it did NOT taste like dog food .
    Ha! To be clear, it only smelled like dog food when I had it in the flight. When I had it again from a bomber I didn't get that smell at all. It is a fantastic beer, for sure!

Forgot how tasty Burial Surf Wax IPA was. Classic West Coast style IPA.

Hoping Duke can hold off Butler for the Natty!
    Last edited by mattman91; 03-29-2020 at 04:30 PM.

First just want to say I'm so glad you had the Dead & Berried from the Bomber. I had it on draft and from the bomber - huge difference and you were right! The bomber is strong Category 3 level, the draft was Category 1.

Tonight I had a Burial vs Casita challenge. I can't go into much detail because beergoddess is telling me that movie time starts in seconds.

But I liked Burial Surf Wax even better than Been There Done That from Casita.

And Been There Done That was such an outstanding and well-crafted beer. It was just a little more piney, dank, and bitter in the middle, though lots going on with some citrus and tropical notes. I loved it - strong Category 2.

The Burial Surf Wax is just world class. Better than I remembered. Mosaic, Citra, Centennial, Columbus. Juicy aroma, soft, hoppy, drinkable as hell.

I also had Burial's Shadowclock Pilsner. It was solid Category 2, but Casita won that battle. Their Go Ask Your Father was as tasty a Pilsner as I've had, though I haven't had the gold standards recommended by devildeac.

Movie time. Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

Wife and I enjoyed that movie, loved the soundtrack. But tonight I went for Once Upon a Time in Hardywood.

Worked all weekend, wanted to put something in the fridge in the morning to enjoy at night. Took a chance on a one off family tree offering from last year - Red Velvet. I’m thinking Red Velvet cake, okay. Don’t mind, not a go to.

A white stout ??? with Brazilian light roast coffee, Peruvian cocoa nibs, Madagascar vanilla beans and toasted coconut. That’s what’s on the label. What it doesn’t tell you is it’s a combination of two stouts, their 2017 Foolery and their 2017 Cassowary. Aged 7 months in Caribbean rum barrels. Wow. Chocolate fudge, brown sugar, molasses. Hint of coconut and vanilla on the finish.

Lighter stout than I was expecting, nice rum barrel feel. Well balanced with several flavors all in sync. 9.4% and I haven’t stopped pouring the 750 ml bottle. Easy cat 3.

Their family tree offerings like this make it worth paying for the membership. Luckily I’m off the next two days :-)
    Last edited by accfanfrom1970; 03-29-2020 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Added

Ha! To be clear, it only smelled like dog food when I had it in the flight. When I had it again from a bomber I didn't get that smell at all. It is a fantastic beer, for sure!
    Yea, I was pretty sure it was the draft version but couldn't resist the reference.

I had a pint of that at the The Exhibit, Raleigh's Burial Tap Room with fuse and the Love Ninja a couple weeks ago. Soooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    First just want to say I'm so glad you had the Dead & Berried from the Bomber. I had it on draft and from the bomber - huge difference and you were right! The bomber is strong Category 3 level, the draft was Category 1.

Tonight I had a Burial vs Casita challenge. I can't go into much detail because beergoddess is telling me that movie time starts in seconds.

But I liked Burial Surf Wax even better than Been There Done That from Casita.

And Been There Done That was such an outstanding and well-crafted beer. It was just a little more piney, dank, and bitter in the middle, though lots going on with some citrus and tropical notes. I loved it - strong Category 2.

The Burial Surf Wax is just world class. Better than I remembered. Mosaic, Citra, Centennial, Columbus. Juicy aroma, soft, hoppy, drinkable as hell.

I also had Burial's Shadowclock Pilsner. It was solid Category 2, but Casita won that battle. Their Go Ask Your Father was as tasty a Pilsner as I've had, though I haven't had the gold standards recommended by devildeac.

Fuse also had another suggestion that I can't recall but the name sounded vaguely familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Wife and I enjoyed that movie, loved the soundtrack. But tonight I went for Once Upon a Time in Hardywood.

Worked all weekend, wanted to put something in the fridge in the morning to enjoy at night. Took a chance on a one off family tree offering from last year - Red Velvet. I’m thinking Red Velvet cake, okay. Don’t mind, not a go to.

A white stout ??? with Brazilian light roast coffee, Peruvian cocoa nibs, Madagascar vanilla beans and toasted coconut. That’s what’s on the label. What it doesn’t tell you is it’s a combination of two stouts, their 2017 Foolery and their 2017 Cassowary. Aged 7 months in Caribbean rum barrels. Wow. Chocolate fudge, brown sugar, molasses. Hint of coconut and vanilla on the finish.

Lighter stout than I was expecting, nice rum barrel feel. Well balanced with several flavors all in sync. 9.4% and I haven’t stopped pouring the 750 ml bottle. Easy cat 3.

Their family tree offerings like this make it worth paying for the membership. Luckily I’m off the next two days :-)
    If we lived in Richmond, I believe fuse and I would both have Family Tree memberships. Hardywood really sounds like they take care of their special clients with a program like this.

Hi Pitch-HiWire Brewing (brewed and canned by Three Ring Brewing Company)

Nearby

Credit-leftover in fridge from guests
    Style-IPA
    Format-12 ounce can
    Canned on-12/11/19 (close to fresh)
    Drinking vessel-old time pint glass
    Appearance-slightly hazy; foamy; ripe banana yellow
    Nose-stone and citrus fruits; hint of dank
    Mouthfeel-a bit pithy
    Tastes-pineapple, peach, grapefruit, melon; hint of honey (not added); a bit dank
    Hops-Mosaic and Centennial
    IBU-60 range
    ABV-6.7%
    Overall impression-tasted before and liked it; would certainly taste again
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid cat 2 in a large crowd

Two local/nearby bottle shops started offering curbside pickup or delivery last week, in addition to crowler/growler fills. As with pickup or delivery food, this is beginning to worry me about safety for both the employees and the customers. These are far, far from fun, enjoyable times.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Two local/nearby bottle shops started offering curbside pickup or delivery last week, in addition to crowler/growler fills. As with pickup or delivery food, this is beginning to worry me about safety for both the employees and the customers. These are far, far from fun, enjoyable times.
    No growler fills here from Ardent, Hardywood or Veil. Crowler yes. All have curbside.

DFH Vibrant P’Ocean

Only one left.

Smells like cranberry ( and looks like cranberry juice ).

Delightfully crisp and sour.
    Effervescent; bubbles dance on your tongue.

Likely a bit too cold, won’t stop me from smiling with every sip.

Thank you kindly, devildeac.

Cheers! 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    DFH Vibrant P’Ocean

Only one left.

Smells like cranberry ( and looks like cranberry juice ).

Delightfully crisp and sour.
    Effervescent; bubbles dance on your tongue.

Likely a bit too cold, won’t stop me from smiling with every sip.

Thank you kindly, devildeac.

Cheers! 🍻
    You're most welcome again. I had my last can of this accompanying a plate of angel hair pasta, a couple heaping scoops of homemade marinara sauce with sauteed peppers and onions and a Caesar salad, quite the tasty combination.

https://www.gethsemanifarms.org/fudge.aspx

And I'll wager a very small amount that some of y'all thought monks only brewed beer.

Thinking about home brewing again soon. I'm going to have a lot more free time after the middle of May