Page 1260 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 260760116012101250125812591260126112621270131013601760 ... LastLast
Results 25,181 to 25,200 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    But I did. 7 BBA Cru and 3 Ruse from Hardywood. Also the Guinness BBA ale 4 pack. When things get bad enough I’ve got a silent night from fuse and one last rye-on-rye from our trade.
    I had no idea you bought *7* BBA Cru and *3* Ruse . Nice haul. I do remember that Guinness BBA 4 pack now that you reminded me.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Hmmm, what to pour tonight after a night of "on call," especially one with no calls ...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Shocked, I say shocked that no one is outlining their beer purchases/stockpiles/menus while entering/contemplating lockdown...
    Haven't been over to W-S since last Wednesday. Very much want to get to either Foothills or Stella for curbside pick-up, but haven't yet. Hopefully soon. Mrs. Tripping thinks the stash I have is sufficient, but it's almost all stouts, at this point. (Not completely, but almost.) I need variety!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Is it ok to talk about ginger beer here? My wife absolutely loves it and it's really the only kind of beer she will drink. The best she has found is Crabby's, but it's hard to find in our town and is quite pricey at $11.00 for four pack. Fresh Market is the only place I can find it.

Anybody like ginger beer and have suggestions for her to try? She's doing a lot of um, taste testing, during this downtime. She's a teacher, and between our own kids' school work and managing her own classes remotely, she's hitting the bottle earlier and earlier each day. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Haven't been over to W-S since last Wednesday. Very much want to get to either Foothills or Stella for curbside pick-up, but haven't yet. Hopefully soon. Mrs. Tripping thinks the stash I have is sufficient, but it's almost all stouts, at this point. (Not completely, but almost.) I need variety!
    Quoting our son: "I have enough beer to last until 2021." Mrs. dd would likely disapprove of additional purchases. However, some variety added to winter/high gravity ales would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Is it ok to talk about ginger beer here? My wife absolutely loves it and it's really the only kind of beer she will drink. The best she has found is Crabby's, but it's hard to find in our town and is quite pricey at $11.00 for four pack. Fresh Market is the only place I can find it.

Anybody like ginger beer and have suggestions for her to try? She's doing a lot of um, taste testing, during this downtime. She's a teacher, and between our own kids' school work and managing her own classes remotely, she's hitting the bottle earlier and earlier each day. 😂
    You'll have to set up a poll . I'm fine with adding that to our topics here. You can call it ginger beer or ginger ale and I don't *think* any Ymm, Beer posters would argue with semantics, no matter what advanced metrics might say about 0% ABV or 5-6% ABV. I have no suggestions for ginger beers in particular but at least would think about any local Wilmington breweries that might have ginger-flavored ales/beers that might please her palate like the now defunct Cackalacky from Fullsteam or a Honey Ginger Ale like Ardent in Richmond brews.

Not an expert; do enjoy Crabbies, it is tasty.

Shelter in Place coming to Buncombe County very soon. Might need to make some emergency curbside pickups this evening after work...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Shelter in Place coming to Buncombe County very soon. Might need to make some emergency curbside pickups this evening after work...
    I'd wager you have *lots* of local businesses to support with your plans...

...and are getting rather thirsty...

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Not an expert; do enjoy Crabbies, it is tasty.
    A well made Dark and Stormy is a nice change of pace. I usually keep a couple of ginger beers around for that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_mule

Southern Pines Brewing Company made a delicious beer cocktail imitation of this last fall-ish.

Nice mention for Trophy in this article about IPA and food pairing.

https://www.hopculture.com/best-ipa-food-pairing-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Nice mention for Trophy in this article about IPA and food pairing.

https://www.hopculture.com/best-ipa-food-pairing-guide/
    Trophy was also mentioned in the News and Observer this AM about delaying/forgiving rent payments for some local breweries and/or restaurants so they could emerge damaged but viable in the next few weeks/months.

In a single taster battle of big craft brews, Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing >>>>> New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Juicy IPA.

Foothills Festival Express Juicy IPA, a nice pairing with some roasted chicken and vegetables.

Foothills Festival Express Juicy IPA, a nice pairing with some roasted chicken and vegetables.
    Ymmmmmmmm ....

Casita Cervezeria Imperial Stout in Retrograde

My last devildeac trader. It’s basically Ten Fidy. Really, really chocolatey, with a hint of coffee to it. Thick mouthfeel. Easily Cat 3. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    A well made Dark and Stormy is a nice change of pace. I usually keep a couple of ginger beers around for that.
    Gin and tonic here. Quinine in tonic is good for malaria, and I hear that anti-malarial drugs are good for coronavirus. So I see this as a medical treatment.

Quoting our son: "I have enough beer to last until 2021." Mrs. dd would likely disapprove of additional purchases. However, some variety added to winter/high gravity ales would be nice.
    My cellar is not pandemic worthy.

At current consumption rates, fridge will be empty by May. Restocking is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Casita Cervezeria Imperial Stout in Retrograde

My last devildeac trader. It’s basically Ten Fidy. Really, really chocolatey, with a hint of coffee to it. Thick mouthfeel. Easily Cat 3. Great stuff.
    Ha! Great minds and all that stuff. Mine is warming on the counter downstairs for 15-30 minutes as I post and before I pour .