Page 1251 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 251751115112011241124912501251125212531261130113511751 ... LastLast
Results 25,001 to 25,020 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    ...Sexual Chocolate 2013-Foothills Brewing Company

Credit-Tripping William from several years ago; many thanks!!; and some patience cellaring on my part
    Format-bomber, shared two ways
    Style-imperial stout
    Stemware-mini snifters
    Appearance-coal; small, tan head
    Nose-dark chocolate, coffee, dark fruits
    Mouthfeel-silky
    Tastes-dark chocolate, coffee, burnt caramel, dark fruits; earthy hops
    IBU-75
    ABV-9.75%
    Overall impression-thankfully, this didn't taste stale like the 2010 version I cellared too long; still a great beer
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid cat 3; looking forward to a 2017 later this year, some recent BBA version and the new 2020 canned edition

Respectfully and organically submitted as post #25,000 on Ymm, Beer with a heartfelt tip of the snifter to all who have contributed here in years past and especially recently in the form of our Virtual Pub. May we sip, enjoy and discuss many more beers over the next several days/weeks/months/years, I remain your beer porter/taster and humble servant,

a.devildeac
    A worthy review for 25k, and a hat tip to indoor66 and mattman for having a great sense of humour.

Cheers! 🍻

Note to RJ199:

Festival Express IPA and Sexual Chocolate (in a can) 2020 version were very, very good. More later. Or tomorrow.

Thanks!!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

From a couple nights ago-vacation beer!

Collaboration Without Representation-Deep River Brewing Company

Local, but exported

Credit-working very near the craft beer store that gets first delivery of this
    Style-BBA, flavored imperial stout
    Format-pint can (shared 3 ways)
    Stemware-snifters
    Appearance-West Texas Intermediate; creamy, mocha head
    Mouthfeel-thick
    Nose-dark chocolate, coffee, bourbon
    Tastes-semi sweet chocolate, espresso, dark fruits, burnt caramel, oak with a warm bourbon finish
    Adjuncts-chocolate and coffee
    IBU-oh, maybe 60
    ABV-exactly 12.8%, a good sharing number
    Overall impression-darn good stuff for something from Johnston County's first legal brewery
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; I still like this year after year; 4 variants were brewed, I got 3 when I arrived

Note to RJ199:

Festival Express IPA and Sexual Chocolate (in a can) 2020 version were very, very good. More later. Or tomorrow.

Thanks!!
    Good to know, as I have a can of Festival Express that did not get opened last Saturday that might be first up today.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Good to know, as I have a can of Festival Express that did not get opened last Saturday that might be first up today.
    Even more interesting, half that 6er from RJ199 is designated as "share with fuse."

On the road again-to Ohio tonight. Should be some good beers waiting to be shared/sipped/traded. I'll see if I can identify and avoid any of those 100,000 cases of COVID-19 while we're there.

On the road again-to Ohio tonight. Should be some good beers waiting to be shared/sipped/traded. I'll see if I can identify and avoid any of those 100,000 cases of COVID-19 while we're there.
    Fair warning that Rhinegeist shut down their taproom. Not sure if that will impact you at all or not.

I promised to come back and highlight a few of my favorite beers from Seattle and I have not forgotten!

My favorite brewery was Ravenna Brewing Company and it wasn't close. They were about a 25 minute walk from the UW campus which is northwest of downtown. The Brewery itself probably had seating for 40-50 people and was going for a rustic feel.

They had 10 beers on tap and I went for a flight of 6.

Springbound Mixed Culture Saison - 6% ABV - A blend of two Saison barrels, fermented with a blend of Brett, Jovaru, and French Saison yeasts. Tart and refreshing with a touch of funk.

Future Glasses - NEDIPA - 8.8% ABV - Tropical. Hazy. Heaven.

Battle Queen Triple NEIPA - 10.3% ABV - African Queen and Nelson Sauvin Hops. Smooth.

Daylight Tropics Sour Ale - 5% ABV - Foeder aged and barrel aged. Oh. My. Lord. What a beverage.

Cascadian Wolverine Hazy IPA - 7.7% ABV - This hop profile felt eerily similar to another beer that I've had recently, but I cannot place it for the life of me.

Diamond Eyes IPA - 7.5% ABV - Definitely some floral to it. Easy drinker.

I cannot do this brewery enough justice. Please visit if you ever find yourself in Seattle. http://www.ravennabrewing.com/

The tap list on their website will give better descriptions than I every could. Especially since I was floating on cloud nine the entire experience. I would have gladly stayed their for hours if I didn't have to rush back to the Airbnb to meet the girlfriend.

Note to RJ199:

Thanks!!
    I really loved both beers, especially when I revisited the Sexual Chocolate 2020. When I first had it at Foothills in a flight side-by-side with Pappy BBA Olde Rabbit's Foote I didn't realize that this Sexual Chocolate is not BBA.

I hope that Festival Express is still as fresh and wonderful as it was when I tasted it out of the can. For me it got better and more complex as I drank, making it certain I'd have another can after the first.

Glad you enjoyed!

I can't wait to try the new beers in my fridge from you. And Thanks Tripping William for the KBS! I had it last night in honor of Devildeac's Kentucky Bourbon foray. I've heard Willet is one of the best Kentucky bourbon's out there from the guys who know bourbon (not me).

Note to RJ199:

Thanks!!
    Enjoyed it; unexpectedly chunky at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Fair warning that Rhinegeist shut down their taproom. Not sure if that will impact you at all or not.
    Thanks for the heads up but we hung around loovil until about 3 PM and then headed up to Columbus, OH via I-275E to I-71N because of traffic advisories in Cincinnati. We arrived safely in time for dinner, visiting time with our almost 16 month old grandson, dinner and some adult libations after his 730 PM bedtime. We originally considered a stop at Rheingeist but it didn't work with our re-revised schedule. I really like their beers.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I promised to come back and highlight a few of my favorite beers from Seattle and I have not forgotten!

My favorite brewery was Ravenna Brewing Company and it wasn't close. They were about a 25 minute walk from the UW campus which is northwest of downtown. The Brewery itself probably had seating for 40-50 people and was going for a rustic feel.

They had 10 beers on tap and I went for a flight of 6.

Springbound Mixed Culture Saison - 6% ABV - A blend of two Saison barrels, fermented with a blend of Brett, Jovaru, and French Saison yeasts. Tart and refreshing with a touch of funk.

Future Glasses - NEDIPA - 8.8% ABV - Tropical. Hazy. Heaven.

Battle Queen Triple NEIPA - 10.3% ABV - African Queen and Nelson Sauvin Hops. Smooth.

Daylight Tropics Sour Ale - 5% ABV - Foeder aged and barrel aged. Oh. My. Lord. What a beverage.

Cascadian Wolverine Hazy IPA - 7.7% ABV - This hop profile felt eerily similar to another beer that I've had recently, but I cannot place it for the life of me.

Diamond Eyes IPA - 7.5% ABV - Definitely some floral to it. Easy drinker.

I cannot do this brewery enough justice. Please visit if you ever find yourself in Seattle. http://www.ravennabrewing.com/

The tap list on their website will give better descriptions than I every could. Especially since I was floating on cloud nine the entire experience. I would have gladly stayed their for hours if I didn't have to rush back to the Airbnb to meet the girlfriend.
    Sounds/looks like something I might find at Sun King. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I really loved both beers, especially when I revisited the Sexual Chocolate 2020. When I first had it at Foothills in a flight side-by-side with Pappy BBA Olde Rabbit's Foote I didn't realize that this Sexual Chocolate is not BBA.

I hope that Festival Express is still as fresh and wonderful as it was when I tasted it out of the can. For me it got better and more complex as I drank, making it certain I'd have another can after the first.

Glad you enjoyed!

I can't wait to try the new beers in my fridge from you. And Thanks Tripping William for the KBS! I had it last night in honor of Devildeac's Kentucky Bourbon foray. I've heard Willet is one of the best Kentucky bourbon's out there from the guys who know bourbon (not me).
    And...

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Enjoyed it; unexpectedly chunky at the end.
    That's a bit surprising as the can I shared with younger son-in-law last PM was pretty clean with a bit of sediment in the last 5-10 ml.

Festival Express-Foothills Brewing

Local? You betcha for RJ199 (and Tripping William who lives in the same/nearby zip code)

Credit-RJ199; thanks!!
    Style-IPA
    Format-12 ounce can (shared)
    Stemware-plastic cups (sorry, traveling )
    Appearance-slightly hazy yellow orange; modest foamy head
    Nose-citrus, pine
    Mouthfeel-mild bitterness and juiciness
    Tastes-orange, pineapple, pine, rind, peaches and melons
    IBU-maybe 40
    ABV-5.7%; high for a session IPA, low for a standard IPA
    Overall impression-very pleasant
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid cat 2; happy to receive and trade a few of these from the 6er (fuse, are you reading this? )

Too tired to write up the (hint: excellent) Sexual Chocolate 2020 review. Will try again in AM.

Wilmington brewery recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Teach Brewing, Flytrap Brewing. Skytown when you get hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Teach Brewing, Flytrap Brewing. Skytown when you get hungry.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Wilmington Brewing Company (Tropical Lightning is a good IPA, not Burial good but good); New Anthem Beer Project; Edward Teach; The Sour Barn; Broomtail; and I think Devildeac likes the Salty Turtle in Surf City.