Page 1218 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 218718111811681208121612171218121912201228126813181718 ... LastLast
Results 24,341 to 24,360 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Booked a trip to Prague for May and plan to visit Pilsen while I'm there to tour the Pilsner Urquell brewery. Anyone ever been?
    I'll be leaving from Raleigh so a meet up may be possible

Booked a trip to Prague for May and plan to visit Pilsen while I'm there to tour the Pilsner Urquell brewery. Anyone ever been?
    Best pilsner on the planet? (as long as it's not in a green bottle)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I'll be leaving from Raleigh so a meet up may be possible
    Time?

Place?

Javahnilla (sp?) making the trip with you to Raleigh or is that looooong gone?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Time?

Place?

Javahnilla (sp?) making the trip with you to Raleigh or is that looooong gone?
    Will be graduating in the morning on Saturday, May 9th. Will try to be in Raleigh by 7-8 pm and flight leaves around 9:30 am. Won't have a ton of time, but might be able to make a quick appearance.

Somehow the Jahvanilla is still in my fridge.

Will be graduating in the morning on Saturday, May 9th. Will try to be in Raleigh by 7-8 pm and flight leaves around 9:30 am. Won't have a ton of time, but might be able to make a quick appearance.

Somehow the Jahvanilla is still in my fridge.
    Looking promising.

I'm able to help with Jahvanilla...

Looking promising.

I'm able to help with Jahvanilla...

If it is still hanging around, I'd be glad to share ☺️

Paging RJ199...
    My bad. My pager must have plopped in the toilet along with the cheats' chances of making the NIT.

Salted Dire Wolf Canis Mexicanus-Wolf's Ridge Brewing

Local for one member of the family

Credit-trader or gifter from son of devildeac sometime last year
    Style-flavored RIS
    Format-750 ml bomber; divided over 2 nights
    Stemware-mini snifter
    Freshness stuff-packaged on May/16/2019
    Appearance-Paint It Black; wispy, tan head
    Nose-dark chocolate, vanilla, spices
    Mouthfeel-10W50
    Tastes-semisweet chocolate, cocoa, espresso, vanilla, cinnamon, mild to medium heat at the end and as it warmed
    Adjuncts-oats, chilis, cinnamon, cacao nibs, One Line coffee, vanilla beans, Fleur De Del sea salt
    IBU-guessing 50s based on the style
    ABV-10.8%; pretty obvious after a couple small snifters each night
    Overall impression-another excellent variant from the original gold medal winning Dire Wolf
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; I'd have made it mid level but the peppery heat was very slightly over the line for me

Sauvageonne-Brasserie Trois Dames (Rue de France 1, 1450 Sainte-Croix, Switzerland)

Really? A Swiss sour? Local? (lol)

Credit-either a trader or gift/leftover from RJ199 during Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub Sour Day in October; thanks!!
    Format-caged and corked 750 ml bottle (375 ml tonight)
    Freshness info-it's been in various barrels for 3 years; who cares?
    Style-Lambic-inspired ale; blend of sour beers aged 3 years in our solera system in barrels of Cabernet Sauvignon
    Stemware-Gouden Carolus chalice
    Appearance-cloudy; amber red; no head
    Nose-apple cherry cider vinegar
    Mouthfeel-puckery; very puckery
    Tastes-represented the nose well; vinous; moderately sour; acetic; vinegar fruited with berries, cherries and sour apples; wet wood; funk
    Adjuncts-don't think any
    IBU-10 (sour, not bitter)
    ABV-6%
    Overall impression-if you don't like sours, you won't like this; if you do, it's an outstanding beverage
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid cat 3; I intended to share with family but they're tiring of my sour selections
    Sauvageonne Dark Blend-Brasserie Trois Dames

I'm not sure there's that much difference between the above review/ale and tonight's 375 ml serving of the Dark Blend. Perhaps a bit more clear, no ruby edges, closer to medium amber and maybe some dark, dried fruits on the palate.

Many thanks again to RJ199 for this ale!!

On deck:

cb04f2c58414857f4438fa368f01b7ad_640x640.jpg

Won't be in the same league as FFF Marshmallow Handjee but still pretty tasty. Stay tuned...

Sauvageonne Dark Blend-Brasserie Trois Dames

I'm not sure there's that much difference between the above review/ale and tonight's 375 ml serving of the Dark Blend. Perhaps a bit more clear, no ruby edges, closer to medium amber and maybe some dark, dried fruits on the palate.

Many thanks again to RJ199 for this ale!!
    You're welcome and glad you enjoyed!

I had a Delirium Red tonight from Huyghe. 8 %.

Deep red color with 1 finger lacy head.

Nice elderberry and cherry aroma. The initial taste is good very cherry and elderberry, but way too sweet for me. Kinda like New glarus but not nearly as good. Definitely a dessert beer, but it just didn't work for me.

High Category 1.

From 7/27/15 and 9/27/15:

Delirium Red (2014)-Brouwerij Huyghe

Take a can of Dr. Brown's black cherry soda, swirl with a generous amount of Rodenbach and add a couple tablespoons of Robitussin CF and Delirium Red is created. Poured a dark ruby with a generous, fizzy head that dissipated fairly quickly. Nose of dark, sour cherries and simple syrup. Immediate tastes of sweet, non-diet, black cherry soda, followed quickly by a sour cherry Warhead and, unfortunately, a rather astringent, medicinal finish. Three-fourths or more of each tulip glassful I sipped each night from this corked and caged 750 ml painted ceramic bottle would be an outstanding liquid dessert, by itself or with a slice of triple chocolate cake (Black Forest Cake anyone?). The last aliquot was just atypical of any of the Delirium series I've ever had, including Tremens, Noel and Nocturnum. Reasonably priced at about $8 from my World Market large format bottle purchase a couple weeks ago at 20% off. More sour than bitter, guessing 20 IBU, to accompany an ABV of 8%. Worth a bottle to share at a tasting to experience a Belgian fruited sour lambic but not one I'd revisit regularly.

Attachment 5336

Attachment 5337
    Brew #2:

(From 7/27/15)

Delirium Red (2014)-Brewery Huyghe

Take a can of Dr. Brown's black cherry soda, swirl with a generous amount of Rodenbach and add a couple tablespoons of Robitussin CF and Delirium Red is created. Poured a dark ruby with a generous, fizzy head that dissipated fairly quickly. Nose of dark, sour cherries and simple syrup. Immediate tastes of sweet, non-diet, black cherry soda, followed quickly by a sour cherry Warhead and, unfortunately, a rather astringent, medicinal finish. Three-fourths or more of each tulip glassful I sipped each night from this corked and caged 750 ml painted ceramic bottle would be an outstanding liquid dessert, by itself or with a slice of triple chocolate cake (Black Forest Cake anyone?). The last aliquot was just atypical of any of the Delirium series I've ever had, including Tremens, Noel and Nocturnum. Reasonably priced at about $8 from my World Market large format bottle purchase a couple weeks ago at 20% off. More sour than bitter, guessing 20 IBU, to accompany an ABV of 8%. Worth a bottle to share at a tasting to experience a Belgian fruited sour lambic but not one I'd revisit regularly.

From yesterday:

Not much different from my taste buds in July, yesterday or the other 5 folks who shared this with me. Not sure whether it was poor aging, an ale just not up to this brewery's standards, the combination of cherries and the ale or a by-product of all three. Not a Ycch, Beer but I won't buy/sample this again.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

Nice elderberry and cherry aroma. The initial taste is good very cherry and elderberry, but way too sweet for me. Kinda like New glarus but not nearly as good. Definitely a dessert beer, but it just didn't work for me.

High Category 1.
    Been a while since I had a Delirium Red and, after digging deep in the crazietalk Ymm, Beer archives, I see now why it hasn't re-appeared on my tasting list. I guess I'd have rated it a bit above RJ199's review but that was before we had the fuse Ymm, Beer rating scale . Sounds like it would have been low cat 2 for me.

Alarms/alerts must be sounding...

From 7/27/15 and 9/27/15:

Been a while since I had a Delirium Red and, after digging deep in the crazietalk Ymm, Beer archives, I see now why it hasn't re-appeared on my tasting list. I guess I'd have rated it a bit above RJ199's review but that was before we had the fuse Ymm, Beer rating scale . Sounds like it would have been low cat 2 for me.
    I admit it has been a while since I had a Delirium Red. From memory, the original DT, Noel, followed by Nocturum and then Red would be my order of preference. Had forgotten about Argentum, which I’ve never had.

I don’t recall it being comparable to a New Glarus fruit beer.

Another from the way-back-beer machine:

Would this be it:

Deliria-Brouwerij Huyghe

A limited edition brewed once a year for International Women's Day by women, this heavy blonde ale (I did "borrow" this last phrase from ratebeer and still can't believe they described it this way) probably is best described as a hybrid between a Belgian strong/golden ale and a Belgian IPA/IIPA. Poured from a painted, ceramic 750 ml caged and corked bottle, it was a pale straw color with a typical foamy, fizzy, lacy Belgian ale head that lingered to the bottom of my 250 ml Allagash tulip (twice as a matter of fact). Nose was a bit of straw and bouquet of garden flowers with tastes of light Belgian candi sugar, Granny Smith apples, pears and Pinot Grigio. Imagine what a dry-ish beer champagne might taste like. There's a pinch of white pepper in the finish from the Belgian yeasts. It's not quite as delicate as DeuS but reminds me a bit of that ale. Bitterness is on the low end, guessing 20 IBUs. It's deceptively easy sipping at 8.5% ABV. I think the other Delirium series ales are better but I'm quite glad to have found this for about $8 at World Market a few weeks ago at their 20% off large format beer sale. It'd pair nicely with some warm brie and a fruit or nut compote topping.

Attachment 5339
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I admit it has been a while since I had a Delirium Red. From memory, the original DT, Noel, followed by Nocturum and then Red would be my order of preference. Had forgotten about Argentum, which I’ve never had.

Couldn't find any evidence that I'd tasted that one.

I'd totally forgotten about this one:

Bourbon Barrel-Aged Delirium Noël (draft)-Brouwerij Huyghe

Hint: Not local .

Two ounce taster that almost made me forego the half pint that followed.

Pour was a dark brown with a foamy head. Seductive aromas of dark, dried fruits (yes, raisins, dates and figs can be sexy ), dark caramel and whiskey and equally delightful palate-pleasing flavors of the same with a very warming, bourbon finish. Untappd claims IBUs of 23 which sounds about right for a Belgian quad. Untappd also claims the ABV is 12% which appears incorrect as the electronic beer board at Bottle Revolution stated 10% as does beeradvocate. This was a superb offering and I'll buy a 4 pack or large format bottle if I see one this month or next.

Hope OPK is taking notes...

Fullsteam lives the support local movement.
    https://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=...no&e=#Thursday

Check out Thursday, a release of Tuxpeno Gold Cream Ale.

Fullsteam lives the support local movement.
    https://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=...no&e=#Thursday

Check out Thursday, a release of Tuxpeno Gold Cream Ale.
    Yea, they've done this for years, being very proud of declaring what % of the ingredients in their beers are locally sourced. A very Durham/NC centric brewery/business with a well deserved reputation. Always enjoy visiting their brewery/kitchen and supporting their products when available in our local shops.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

High Category 1.
    IIRC (and there's always a first time), this is the one I thought tasted quite a bit like Robitussin.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."