Page 1177 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 177677107711271167117511761177117811791187122712771677 ... LastLast
Results 23,521 to 23,540 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Interesting what the filter does and does not catch.

Is it gray that is a problem? Or Black? Which blue, Pantone 280/287/289?

Cool idea, can’t wait to see it.
    I hate the gray unis but probably wouldn't mind a bit of gray trim/accents. I've become more accustomed to black but would still like that confined to trim/accents. Pantone 287, of course. I'll tell you a story about that color/number/designation some time.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I have somehow/somewhere been assigned partial blame for last night's loss for "not drinking enough." I'll try to rectify that before and during our Virtual Pub on Saturday including before and during the game and perhaps a bit after, too.

Interesting what the filter does and does not catch.
    Not surprisingly, Nate James simply overwhelmed the filter . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Not much of a beer drinker (so I rarely look at this thread) but I admire all of your passion and like to help the cause when I can. I got an e-mail about this event and thought it might be of interest - craft beer night at tomorrow night's women's game. The email has more details than this link - looks like you get a sample of four brews from Lonerider Brewing Company for $15 and this also includes snacks and a ticket to the game. Apologies if it has already been discussed - I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see anything. Enjoy!

https://goduke.com/news/2019/1/12/211785780.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I have somehow/somewhere been assigned partial blame for last night's loss for "not drinking enough." I'll try to rectify that before and during our Virtual Pub on Saturday including before and during the game and perhaps a bit after, too.
    There’s a story behind that I was saving for in person, which I’ll share here now.

When I was at Duke, I watched most every game at our fraternity section. (A shame, and maybe the only regret I have from my experience was not going to more games.)

When Duke would get behind, we’d redouble our efforts to “drink Duke to victory”. Hey, it worked more often than not. 🤣😳🙄

So, it was a bit of an insider joke, and not really a serious accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Not much of a beer drinker (so I rarely look at this thread) but I admire all of your passion and like to help the cause when I can. I got an e-mail about this event and thought it might be of interest - craft beer night at tomorrow night's women's game. The email has more details than this link - looks like you get a sample of four brews from Lonerider Brewing Company for $15 and this also includes snacks and a ticket to the game. Apologies if it has already been discussed - I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see anything. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post

That's a great find! Thanks for sharing!! Perhaps a few libations will boost attendance at the WBB games . And, if it doesn't, maybe folks can then argue about tastes great/less filling and whether lagers are better than pale ales or porters better than stouts, with advanced IBUs and ABVs to support their arguments, of course .

That's a great find! Thanks for sharing!! Perhaps a few libations will boost attendance at the WBB games . And, if it doesn't, maybe folks can then argue about tastes great/less filling and whether lagers are better than pale ales or porters better than stouts, with advanced IBUs and ABVs to support their arguments, of course .
    I can’t go. After looking at the details, the tasting is being hosted in the Champions Club.

I was super, super lucky to get tickets to a game a few years ago that came with Championship Club access.

Any chance you get to see/use that space will give you an appreciation for a premium experience Duke is curating for men’s games.

From memory, doors open to Champions Club 90 minutes before game time, and you have a special access line to just walk right in and go upstairs to the Champions Club. Full open bar, quality buffet, plenty of seating and large screen TVs in every direction, along with Champions Club only bathrooms. Open all game, including halftime, as well as up to 2 hours post game.
    Uber/Lyft and a fully functioning liver highly recommended.

There’s a story behind that I was saving for in person, which I’ll share here now.

When I was at Duke, I watched most every game at our fraternity section. (A shame, and maybe the only regret I have from my experience was not going to more games.)

When Duke would get behind, we’d redouble our efforts to “drink Duke to victory”. Hey, it worked more often than not. 🤣😳🙄

So, it was a bit of an insider joke, and not really a serious accusation.

You were at Duke during some G-R-E-A-T years for MBB, so you had a decided advantage drinking, err, cheering Duke on to victory. If Ozzie and I had tried that during the Dark Ages (three losing seasons and one .500 season), we'd likely not be alive today .

Knew your "accusation" wasn't serious. All good Ymm, Beer fun.

I can’t go. After looking at the details, the tasting is being hosted in the Champions Club.

I was super, super lucky to get tickets to a game a few years ago that came with Championship Club access.

Any chance you get to see/use that space will give you an appreciation for a premium experience Duke is curating for men’s games.

From memory, doors open to Champions Club 90 minutes before game time, and you have a special access line to just walk right in and go upstairs to the Champions Club. Full open bar, quality buffet, plenty of seating and large screen TVs in every direction, along with Champions Club only bathrooms. Open all game, including halftime, as well as up to 2 hours post game.
    Uber/Lyft and a fully functioning liver highly recommended.
    I believe you also need a highly profitable one of these, too:

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...estment-Thread

I believe you also need a highly profitable one of these, too:

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...estment-Thread
    Yes, I am sure the amount is on an Iron Duke website somewhere. What I was told is a minimum 100k per year commitment for access to Champions Club.

Yes, I am sure the amount is on an Iron Duke website somewhere. What I was told is a minimum 100k per year commitment for access to Champions Club.
    Here ya go (from 2016-17 it appears):

https://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/...DB_OEM_ID=5100

West Coast Style IPA-Uinta Brewing

Far, far from local.

Credit-tar heel neighbor 2 doors down whose grandfather-in-law attended Duke games for >40 years; a mixed 6er trader from last week; thanks!
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Freshness-Best By 03/13/20
    Style-d'oh!
    Glassware-boring pint glass
    Appearance-light orange yellow; foamy head
    Nose-pine and citrus rind
    Mouthfeel-west coast IPA bitter
    Tastes-pine, mixed citrus rinds, resin, mango and a bit of caramel
    Grains-Munich, Oats, C-15
    Hops-Denali, Mosaic, El Dorado, Chinook
    IBU-69; about as expected
    ABV-6.3%; a bit low for that many IBUs
    Overall impression-kinda tired of the style a few years ago but this was good quality, classic type stuff
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid cat 2 in the crowded field to which we refer quite often; if you see it, say "thank you" and sip it

Attachment 10107

Yea, one of these, but, you'll have to wait until thedukelamere hosts the Virtual Pub on Saturday to read about it...

So, so good over the last two nights but still not gonna review it until the Virtual Pub opens Saturday AM.

West Coast Style IPA-Uinta Brewing

Far, far from local.

Credit-tar heel neighbor 2 doors down whose grandfather-in-law attended Duke games for >40 years; a mixed 6er trader from last week; thanks!
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Freshness-Best By 03/13/20
    Style-d'oh!
    Glassware-boring pint glass
    Appearance-light orange yellow; foamy head
    Nose-pine and citrus rind
    Mouthfeel-west coast IPA bitter
    Tastes-pine, mixed citrus rinds, resin, mango and a bit of caramel
    Grains-Munich, Oats, C-15
    Hops-Denali, Mosaic, El Dorado, Chinook
    IBU-69; about as expected
    ABV-6.3%; a bit low for that many IBUs
    Overall impression-kinda tired of the style a few years ago but this was good quality, classic type stuff
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid cat 2 in the crowded field to which we refer quite often; if you see it, say "thank you" and sip it
    I have yet to have a Cat 1 Uinta beer. I also have yet to have a Cat 3 Uinta beer.

NFL Playoffs of Beer

KC v. Nashville/Tennessee

SF v. Green Bay/Wisconsin

Who ya got? Both seem like easy calls to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I have yet to have a Cat 1 Uinta beer. I also have yet to have a Cat 3 Uinta beer.
    Ha! Both good points. I have a Hop Nosh from the same mixed 6er I'll likely sip over the weekend. I think you've reviewed that before and it's likely been several years since I had one. The Labyrinth *might* be a cat 1 Uinta beer simply because of the overwhelming amount of licorice it contained. It may also no longer be brewed as it's been a few years since I poured that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    KC v. Nashville/Tennessee

SF v. Green Bay/Wisconsin

Who ya got? Both seem like easy calls to me.
    Boulevard>Yazoo

New Glarus>Anchor

????

Ha! Both good points. I have a Hop Nosh from the same mixed 6er I'll likely sip over the weekend. I think you've reviewed that before and it's likely been several years since I had one. The Labyrinth *might* be a cat 1 Uinta beer simply because of the overwhelming amount of licorice it contained. It may also no longer be brewed as it's been a few years since I poured that one.
    I like Hop Nosh. And their Baba black lager.

Boulevard>Yazoo

New Glarus>Anchor

????
    Concur.