Page 1131 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 131631103110811121112911301131113211331141118112311631 ... LastLast
Results 22,601 to 22,620 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Fullsteam Brett Lager

The pint in between the flight and the half pint of Strenna.

A lovely sweet tart of a beer. Smooth and easy drinking.
    Unusual beer; a brett lager.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Another dessert beer. Three Notched BBA Biggie S’mores Stout. 10.8% abv, 40ibus. Made with 80 boxes of graham crackers, roasted barley. Sweet imperial stout. Not nearly the S’more taste I got from the Hardywood fluffer nutter, but smooth and tasty. High end 2, probably a 3 except I had the fluffer nutter. Well worth the 4-pack purchase.
    Hmmm, maybe trade for some Jackie O's?

Fullsteam Bananas Froster

Check out http://fullsteam.ag for the full story.

Essentially what would have been a bad batch of First Frost becomes something much greater (imo) by accident.

Lots of banana and cinnamon. My favorite of the evening.
    Great story.

Fullsteam Igor Cake

Cherry, chocolate, kirsch.

A very different beer than prior Igors.

Really nice, one of three dessert beers tonight between it, Bananas Froster, and Strenna.

Hey, dessert first, right? 🍻
    Haven't had any of mine yet, nor have I delivered yours...

Re-review. JackieO’s Black Falls. Imperial Porter aged 17 months in apple brandy and bourbon barrels. Oak, caramel, sweeter than any other porter you’ll have from the brandy. Conditioned on vanilla beans. So it’s smooth, boozy, sweet and dangerous. 13.5%. Yep. 13.5%. Cat. 3, best porter I’ve ever tasted.
    Damn that sounds good. (Glad I can still say dayum)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Paging RJ199...
    Outpatient folks stay far away from pagers. But sadly miss some great weekday beer tastings too.

My pager musta been full this week

Did you get a 4 pack when you left?
    I did not 😳

Attachment 9964

Fuse, is that you in the background wearing some leaves and branches?

Every once in a while I leave something in a post that someone else can knock out of the park.

😂

A few more from the last week:

Yuzu Fierce - Off Color Brewing - Sour - 3.8% ABV - Didn't realize it was such a low ABV until I looked it up. Suppose it makes sense. Yuzu is an Asian citrus and makes for a fantastic sour.

Love Conquers All - Taxman Brewing Company - Session IPA - 4.5% ABV - Made with 'Lemondrop hops.' Clean, crisp, smooth, but lacking in flavor. Suppose that's why it's labeled a session

S'morecast - Taxman Brewing Company - Belgian Strong Dark Ale - 8% ABV - Roasty, with the hint of eating a s'mores. Unsuprising that Taxman delivered again.

Moscatel Barrel Deduction - Taxman Brewing Company - Belgian Dubbel* - 8.5% ABV - This is listed as a dubbel, but I'd contest that. Definitely closer to a sour. Aged in wine barrels. Sweet and the inital flavor is wonderful on the tongue.

Ichabrewed Crane - Sun King Brewery - Spiced Beer - 5.1% ABV - Ginger and nutmeg are the two flavors that come through the most. Tastes like fall.

White Russian-Style Shadow Proof - Sun King Brewery - Imperial Stout - 12.4% ABV - Variant of Sun King's Shadow Proof. I caught some peanut butter flavor, but the ingredients list begs to differ. Slightly resembles a White Russian.

As for the new Taxman venue itself in downtown Indy. It's lovely. Full service. Unfortunately they still had there brunch menu for a 1:30 Sunday lunch . Will have a nice beer garden whenever the weather permits.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    A few more from the last week:

Yuzu Fierce - Off Color Brewing - Sour - 3.8% ABV - Didn't realize it was such a low ABV until I looked it up. Suppose it makes sense. Yuzu is an Asian citrus and makes for a fantastic sour.

Love Conquers All - Taxman Brewing Company - Session IPA - 4.5% ABV - Made with 'Lemondrop hops.' Clean, crisp, smooth, but lacking in flavor. Suppose that's why it's labeled a session

S'morecast - Taxman Brewing Company - Belgian Strong Dark Ale - 8% ABV - Roasty, with the hint of eating a s'mores. Unsuprising that Taxman delivered again.

Moscatel Barrel Deduction - Taxman Brewing Company - Belgian Dubbel* - 8.5% ABV - This is listed as a dubbel, but I'd contest that. Definitely closer to a sour. Aged in wine barrels. Sweet and the inital flavor is wonderful on the tongue.

Ichabrewed Crane - Sun King Brewery - Spiced Beer - 5.1% ABV - Ginger and nutmeg are the two flavors that come through the most. Tastes like fall.

White Russian-Style Shadow Proof - Sun King Brewery - Imperial Stout - 12.4% ABV - Variant of Sun King's Shadow Proof. I caught some peanut butter flavor, but the ingredients list begs to differ. Slightly resembles a White Russian.

As for the new Taxman venue itself in downtown Indy. It's lovely. Full service. Unfortunately they still had there brunch menu for a 1:30 Sunday lunch . Will have a nice beer garden whenever the weather permits.
    Great stuff. Wish we could get to In The Annapolis and/or Taxman more often.

Are you interested in hosting the December edition of Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub? PM accfanfrom1970, fuse, RJ199, Tripping William or me for details-I'd include mattman91 but we had to break the doors down when it was his turn. Really simple stuff and we'd love to see what you'd choose as your featured beer style.

Finally hitting the road for Columbus, OH in about 5 minutes. Damn work loose ends. I'll be thirsty upon arrival about 1900 hours-hoping that makes Bob Green thirsty, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Jester King is too far away (20’ish miles, in the wrong direction), but have ended up at Central District. More to follow.
    A97FA7C0-D49D-4167-BAB6-DABB7F0B20C3.jpg

Here’s their tap list. I had two flights of four five-ounce pours. One was all of the Central District IPA’s *except* the Brilliant Disguise. The Two Trick Pony DIPA was my favorite. The other three were also quite good, but not as tasty as the DIPA.

The other flight was the Weizenbock, the kettle sour, the saison, and the Lazarus golden strong ale. I listed these in my order of preference, with the sour being a very, very close second. And I’d listed the Weizenbock and sour ahead of the DIPA. I carried away a crowler of the Weiz, which was terrific on day two.

Good stuff!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Rehearsal party for son’s wedding tomorrow. I converted at least 4 bud light drinkers to Hardywood’s BBA Cru. So good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    A97FA7C0-D49D-4167-BAB6-DABB7F0B20C3.jpg

Here’s their tap list. I had two flights of four five-ounce pours. One was all of the Central District IPA’s *except* the Brilliant Disguise. The Two Trick Pony DIPA was my favorite. The other three were also quite good, but not as tasty as the DIPA.

The other flight was the Weizenbock, the kettle sour, the saison, and the Lazarus golden strong ale. I listed these in my order of preference, with the sour being a very, very close second. And I’d listed the Weizenbock and sour ahead of the DIPA. I carried away a crowler of the Weiz, which was terrific on day two.

Good stuff!
    Really looks/sounds like a fun outing.

Rehearsal party for son’s wedding tomorrow. I converted at least 4 bud light drinkers to Hardywood’s BBA Cru. So good.
    Now that's great news! Well done!!

Bells Double Two Hearted

But first, an acquisition story.

I noted earlier this is a beer I’d like to find.
    devildeac found it first, and asked me how many.
    My reply was 2.
    Thankfully, devildeac clarified that I wanted two six packs, to which I responded two bottles.
    devildeac got in a few extra twelve ounce curls returning two six packs to the shelves, and we split a six pack.

Smells super old school DIPA/IIPA.
    Lots of dank pine.

It’s about what you’d expect for a big west coast style IPA.
    Chewy, dense hops and lots of them.
    Surprisingly sweet in spite of all the tongue coating hops.

Enjoyable, and a beer that may have missed its heyday.

This could have been a beer when Hopslam was the hotness to give it a run for its money.

Thoroughly enjoyable, and a quality brewed Bells beer.

I’ll pick my moments over the next couple weeks to see if my first impression changes.

Great beer, may grab an original Two Hearted to do a side by side.

Cheers, and thanks devildeac! 🍻
    Double Two Hearted Ale-Bell's Brewery

From Wednesday night.

Fuse pretty much covered everything above, as he very often does. There's lot of pine/resin but equal amounts of grapefruit and orange scents and tastes along with some rind and liqueur flavors. It was brewed on 8/31/19, IIRC, and the shelf life is listed as 3 months so I'm going to finish my two remaining bottles over the next couple weeks and very likely have a side-by-side with the DFH 90 Minute IPA, which is really a DIPA and still one of my favorites.

Whenever devildeac1 and devildeac2 sit down together with snifters in hand, you know the beverages will be outstanding. More in the AM.

Silencio - Wicked Weed - 6.6% ABV - Kentucky BBA Black Sour Ale with added Madagascar Vanilla Beans and El Silencio Coffee

This was a fun beer this time of year - a stout-like sour.

Pours like Coke with 1 finger nice lingering tan head. It smells sour, with good coffee, bourbon, and good vanilla extract. Maybe some chocolate.

This tastes like a delicious, easy-to drink sour. Thin to medium body. Brett - tart sour forward, then great coffee flavor but not at all overpowering. It's complex enough with oaky bourbon, some malt, vanilla notes, dark chocolate, with cherry tartness on the finish.

If you see this beer and love sours, you should buy it and try it. I'd say Fuse Category 3, but just barely clears that bar.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Silencio - Wicked Weed - 6.6% ABV - Kentucky BBA Black Sour Ale with added Madagascar Vanilla Beans and El Silencio Coffee

This was a fun beer this time of year - a stout-like sour.

Pours like Coke with 1 finger nice lingering tan head. It smells sour, with good coffee, bourbon, and good vanilla extract. Maybe some chocolate.

This tastes like a delicious, easy-to drink sour. Thin to medium body. Brett - tart sour forward, then great coffee flavor but not at all overpowering. It's complex enough with oaky bourbon, some malt, vanilla notes,

If you see this beer and love sours, you should buy it and try it. I'd say Fuse Category 3, but just barely clears that bar.
    Enjoyed a few of this in the past. It’s a great beer.

Double Two Hearted Ale-Bell's Brewery

From Wednesday night.

Fuse pretty much covered everything above, as he very often does. There's lot of pine/resin but equal amounts of grapefruit and orange scents and tastes along with some rind and liqueur flavors. It was brewed on 8/31/19, IIRC, and the shelf life is listed as 3 months so I'm going to finish my two remaining bottles over the next couple weeks and very likely have a side-by-side with the DFH 90 Minute IPA, which is really a DIPA and still one of my favorites.
    If it's anything like the DFH 120 Minute IPA, I can see why.

120 Minute IPA - Dogfish Head - 18% -

Spoiler Alert - I think I rated this a 5 on Untappd. Boozy as hell, in such a good way, and I absolutely loved this beer. Fuse Category 3. Thank you so much to whoever gave me this! Devildeac I think?

It's not a complex beer, but it's balanced perfectly. It's thoroughly enjoyable start to finish. It's malty, citrus, light hops, and earthy. The finish is extremely long and oh so satisfying.

Wow beer. Must try.