Page 1127 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 127627102710771117112511261127112811291137117712271627 ... LastLast
Results 22,521 to 22,540 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

I'm still waiting for a report from August West about the beer tastings at tailgate yesterday. CB&B sent me photos of CBS and Curieux already...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Sooooo, you finally decided which ones and how many...

Case of GBS. Case of BBA Honey Ginger. Case of Stone IPA. Variety of special beers like Veil and Vasen. Four cases of Alaskan Brewery beers (Amber,White, Galaxy, Freestyle) sister transporting, also transporting some Zaftig and JackieO’s. That’s my side and Tyler (son). Her dad? Miller Light.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Case of GBS. Case of BBA Honey Ginger. Case of Stone IPA. Variety of special beers like Veil and Vasen. Four cases of Alaskan Brewery beers (Amber,White, Galaxy, Freestyle) sister transporting, also transporting some Zaftig and JackieO’s. That’s my side and Tyler (son). Her dad? Miller Light.

Ruh-roh.

I'm still waiting for a report from August West about the beer tastings at tailgate yesterday. CB&B sent me photos of CBS and Curieux already...
    They were both excellent. I've picked up some more CBS yesterday. Let me know if you want some. The crowd at the tasting table was as sparse as the crowd in WW after halftime. Hopefully the weather and attendance will be better for Miami. AW.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    They were both excellent. I've picked up some more CBS yesterday. Let me know if you want some. The crowd at the tasting table was as sparse as the crowd in WW after halftime. Hopefully the weather and attendance will be better for Miami. AW.
    If you're willing to part with a 4 pack of CBS, I'll print up some more Hamiltons to cover the cost, or, negotiate some traders. Happy either way.

Ruh-roh.
    Yeah, we love her. We don’t like him. She loves Duke, huge Grayson fan. She came to a tailgating this year. My wedding gift? Tickets to the b-ball game 11/29 and a night at the Washington Duke Inn. His gift? Pots and pans.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    That’s a crazy generous cache of beer for a wedding. Wow!

Ending the weekend with another stout. Vasen Velvet Walrus. Yeah, velvet walrus. BBA milk stout. 9.9%, 22 ibu’s. Not as thick as most, and not as boozy. Kind of like a lighter version of BBA stouts. At 9.9% that makes it dangerous. 4-pack, 16oz. cans, really easy to drink. If someone didn’t like stouts or thought they were too heavy, this would change their mind. Maybe not quite cat. 3, but close. I like the hint of sweetness and the hint of chocolate, not overpowering. Enjoyable. Getting into more Vasen beers, god help me another Scott’s Addition brewery to spend $$ at, and right around the corner from Veil and Ardent. They have a really cool space/tap room.

Survived the journey to the Island of Hawaii. Managed to swing by three breweries in the time there: Kona, Ola, and Big Island. Returned to Indianapolis and promptly made a stop at the new downtown Taxman location before ending the evening at Sun King. Will hopefully have some notes up after fighting off this jet lag.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Founders claims this is the last year the will be brewing CBS. Also appears to be available in four packs now.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Survived the journey to the Island of Hawaii. Managed to swing by three breweries in the time there: Kona, Ola, and Big Island. Returned to Indianapolis and promptly made a stop at the new downtown Taxman location before ending the evening at Sun King. Will hopefully have some notes up after fighting off this jet lag.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Founders claims this is the last year the will be brewing CBS. Also appears to be available in four packs now.
    Sounds like a great trip. Will be interesting to compare your Hawaii tasting experience with Tripping William's.

Also anxious to read about any new Taxman and/or Sun King brews.

Fuse also mentioned the same claim by Founders which sounds verrrry similar to what they said in 2009. And 2011. And 2014. And 2016. I have a four pack waiting for me in Columbus, OH, this weekend and August West may have some more from Durham at the miami tailgate.

Revisiting AMB mystic dragon (Ymm, cider!) with green tea, rhubarb and strawberries

In a word, sweet.
    Two words- pleasantly sweet.

I taste a lot of vanilla, which I think is really green tea, and the finish is juicy strawberry.

Having avoided rhubarb all my life, who knows what that adds 🤔

Far too easy sipping. 🍻

Slippery Slope-Southern Barrel Brewing Company (Bluffton, SC)

Credit (more like blame )-kinda/sorta a trader from a neighbor's October beer club 12 pack (might have to blame his wife )
    Format-12 ounce can (about 11 ounces too many)
    Date on can-08/22/19 (brewed on? best by?)
    Style-IIPA (coulda fooled me)
    Appearance-bronzy copper (about the only redeeming feature of this beer); modest, foamy head
    Nose-Pine Sol
    Mouthfeel-piney/resiny bitterness
    Tastes-soap; pine/resin; bitter
    Overall impression-any guesses ()?
    Ymm, Beer rating-cat 1, lower shelf, back left corner

Question for Tripping William: do you remember any brews from this brewery on your trip to Charleston earlier this year? If so, anything redeeming?

Credit (more like blame )-kinda/sorta a trader from a neighbor's October beer club 12 pack (might have to blame his wife )
    Appearance-bronzy copper (about the only redeeming feature of this beer); modest, foamy head
    Nose-Pine Sol

Question for Tripping William: do you remember any brews from this brewery on your trip to Charleston earlier this year? If so, anything redeeming?
    Search didn’t work to put this in that other thread, eh? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Search didn’t work to put this in that other thread, eh? 😂
    The thought crossed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Search didn’t work to put this in that other thread, eh? ��
    Wait, why would I want to post in the LTE when we're trying to narrow the gap here?

Oh, *this* that other thread:

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...8179-Ycch-Beer!

Sheepishly (not *those* kind of sheep), I now remember that "Similar Threads" appears at the bottom of every DBR page and I coulda/shoulda simply scrolled to the bottom of this (or any) Ymm, Beer page, found Ycch, Beer and posted there.

Nose-Pine Sol

Sorry, I'm not much help here. Don't recall every having seen anything from this brewery, whether in Charleston or Hilton Head/Savannah (which is where Bluffton is located).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Sorry, I'm not much help here. Don't recall every having seen anything from this brewery, whether in Charleston or Hilton Head/Savannah (which is where Bluffton is located).

No problem at all. Thanks for responding.

Question to our Richmond beersters about The Answer, a brewery that appears to be associated with Mekong, a Vietnamese restaurant in RVA:

Good reputation?

Whoa! Guess they consider that to Err on the Side of Awesome.