Page 1112 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1126121012106211021110111111121113111411221162121216122112 ... LastLast
Results 22,221 to 22,240 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    The last of the Maine summer beers...😢😭

Mast Landing Brewing Company
    Gunner’s Daughter Milk Stout

Supposedly no peanut butter or adjuncts in this beer, and it tastes like a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup.

Bought on a lark/recommendation from a Portland beer store employee.
    If I had known how good it was, I would have bought a case instead of 2 cans (one of which made it devildeac’s way).

This was the perfect Halloween candy substitute beer.

Without a side by side my impression is meaningless and I’d still say its better than Sweet Baby Jesus. High praise for an awesome drop.

Cheers! 🍻
    Quite happily, I might add . It didn't last long after delivery.

I don't have any Maine beers left except the 4 Allagash coolship brews, two of which are highly likely to make their way to Columbus, OH in about 3 weeks.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Trick or beer tonight?

533322813.jpg

I actually wore these socks at work today

Trick or beer tonight?

Must be a theme. Veil’s Dub Reese Cup Hornswoggler. Chocolate Milk Stout conditioned on double Reese Cups. 7% abv. Chocolate, sugar, milk and according to the description on the Veil website - a half ton of Reese’s Cups.
    4-pack purchased tonight on Halloween. 16oz. Just getting started on can #1. It’s a roasty peanut and chocolate candy bar.

Copper-Olde Mecklenburg Brewery

Credit-12 ounce bottle included in my October beer club 4 pack
    Style-Düsseldorf type altbier, just in time to end Octoberfest
    Appearance-dark amber; foamy, tan head
    Nose-malt bomb
    Mouthfeel-smooth
    Tastes-toffee, nuts, toasted wheat bread, honey, earthy hops
    Adjuncts-dummkopf, dies wird streng nach Reinheitsgebot gebraut!
    IBU-30ish
    ABV-4.9%
    Overall impression-I haven't had an altbier in years and this is a very good one
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid fuse cat 2; worth a bottle or draft

Prost!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    533322813.jpg

I actually wore these socks at work today
    Hopefully, a bottle or can was dropped in your lunch pail .

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Must be a theme. Veil’s Dub Reese Cup Hornswoggler. Chocolate Milk Stout conditioned on double Reese Cups. 7% abv. Chocolate, sugar, milk and according to the description on the Veil website - a half ton of Reese’s Cups.
    4-pack purchased tonight on Halloween. 16oz. Just getting started on can #1. It’s a roasty peanut and chocolate candy bar.
    That's a *lot* of candy !

Sounds delicious.

Nothing creative tonight .

Hop on Top-Lynnwood Brewing Concern

Credit-pilfered from older daughter and son-in-law's beer fridge yesterday as compensation for doggie boot camp for several days
    Format-pint can
    On bottom of can-Canned on 09/11/19; fresh! (and local, too!!)
    Style-American/West Coast IPA
    Appearance-light yellowish bronze with a modest, foamy head
    Nose-grapefruit and a whiff of pine
    Mouthfeel-moderate bitterness
    Tastes-more grapefruit juice and rind than pine; hints of OJ and rind; fleeting honey (not added)
    IBU-maybe 60
    ABV-7%
    Overall impression-in a very crowded market, this won't stand out but it's a high quality beer
    Ymm, Beer rating-middle tier fuse cat 2; I'd steal another of these from their fridge if/when I return their hound and they're not home

You're most welcome.

Sooooo happy I had our younger son-in-law purchase a couple 4 packs of this in August when he was traveling in Wisconsin. When I saw it was available and he asked me to place an order, I didn't hesitate for a moment putting this on his "buy" list. You and fuse have inspired me to taste my first one this week.
    Thanks a million Devildeac! I had the Raspberry Tart New Glarus. Fuse Category 4. Best raspberry fruited beer I've had. Beergoddess is still studying for her hospitalist boards and refuses to post. But she loved it too and her review is "yummy." That is high, high praise.

It's a fun red/brownish-purple. Raspberry nose. The raspberry flavor is a little sweet, but not cloying at all. It's not sour or very tart, but the light tartness cuts the sweetness some. One could criticize this as too sweet, which is fair, but it wasn't for me. I thought it was amazing, and better even than those amazing raspberry beers I tried from Veil. This one is special. It finishes with a very nice balance into a light, pleasing tart. It's refreshing and goes down very fast. 4% ABV. This is a bucket-list beer that any world-class beer drinker should try, IMO. Much appreciated!
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 11-01-2019 at 12:27 AM.

🎃 Happy Halloween!!!! 🎃

Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin

Pours an appropriate light copper.

A little bit of a metallic smell along with clove and nutmeg.

Looks like a lot of fine particulate suspended in the beer; not looking like it is dense enough to precipitate out.

Not the Imperial Pumpkin I remember so fondly. 😢

Mouthfeel is thin and tinny.
    There’s a booziness I had come to appreciate and expect that falls flat and tasteless. The finish is almost a fakey pumpkin spice.

Now regretting not more actively seeking out both NoDa Gordgeous and Haw River Java lantern, or even Rum Barrel Aged Pumking.

Feels more like a trick than a treat.

Maybe its just a bad can.

Cheers all 🍻

Feels like
    That was exactly my impression - I don't think you got a bad can. I reviewed this beer in August or so when I started drinking this season's pumpkin beers.

Tonight I had Dogfish Punkin Ale. Fuse Category 2. Way more subtle than NoDa. Gordgeous is way more in your face with pumpkin spices and better to me. But this is solid and good. It was tough for any beer to follow the new glarus raspberry. That was amazing. This wasn't at all. But this is very good if you like a subtle pumpkin beer, and I would enjoy again and again. This is pretty malty for a pumpkin beer which balances well here with subtle pumpkin spice and flavor.

Interesting Halloween here in Winston. Some scary storm was supposed to come through (not sure if it did) so all the trick-or-treating kids went to the mall. Probably a good retail night for the candy store and cookie factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Bombers of 2019 Dead & Berried secured. I may need to do a vertical tonight with my last remaining bottle of the 2018 version.
    Well played picking up Dead & Berried on Halloween. Thanks! I'm good for it. Can't wait to try!

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Well played picking up Dead & Berried on Halloween. Thanks! I'm good for it. Can't wait to try!
    That wasn't particularly intentional, it was just when I happened to have mid-day time to run that errand.

Did not end up drinking any Dead & Berried last night. Instead, while at Foothills, I grabbed a can each of their current Craft Happiness IPA series. Last night I had the Distance offering (brewed to support those who bike or run for charitable causes). A bright gold color, with a mid-size white head, and bubbles that circulated through the beer for a good long time. Fairly low IBUs for an IPA (I'm guessing 40'ish), and 6.1% ABV. Flavors of dank pineapple. Another solid beer in a crowded field. Easily Cat 2.

I have not yet had a Craft Happiness beer that I did not like. The other can I have is the Equus offering, which will probably get consumed sometime over the weekend.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Thanks a million Devildeac! I had the Raspberry Tart New Glarus. Fuse Category 4. Best raspberry fruited beer I've had. Beergoddess is still studying for her hospitalist boards and refuses to post. But she loved it too and her review is "yummy." That is high, high praise.

It's a fun red/brownish-purple. Raspberry nose. The raspberry flavor is a little sweet, but not cloying at all. It's not sour or very tart, but the light tartness cuts the sweetness some. One could criticize this as too sweet, which is fair, but it wasn't for me. I thought it was amazing, and better even than those amazing raspberry beers I tried from Veil. This one is special. It finishes with a very nice balance into a light, pleasing tart. It's refreshing and goes down very fast. 4% ABV. This is a bucket-list beer that any world-class beer drinker should try, IMO. Much appreciated!
    LOL.

You're most welcome. If we can rent a 3 seater 13' truck next summer, fuse, you and I *may* need to drive it up to Wisconsin and load it up with New Glarus fruit beers. I'd say a 14' or 15' foot truck, but NG prohibits them in their parking lot .

I'm generally not much of a beer drinker, so I am not a reader of this thread, but I respect the passion and knowledge of those who do post.

I saw this article and thought I would share it and let you discuss what the perfect Blue Devil beer might be. Enjoy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/01/s...section=Sports

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I'm generally not much of a beer drinker, so I am not a reader of this thread, but I respect the passion and knowledge of those who do post.

I saw this article and thought I would share it and let you discuss what the perfect Blue Devil beer might be. Enjoy.

Brand would be Fullsteam; which specific beer I’d certainly be open to debate.

Maybe Humidity as an opener, or Paycheck Pilsner. If seasonal is an option, Summer Basil or Igor. 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    I forget which of you guys lives near or in Indy, but there's a place on the far south side (Columbus, IN) that specializes in slushie fruit beers called 450 North which has started getting a lot more buzz up in my neck of the woods recently... I'd be interested to see if they've been there. 450 North has Friday in-person releases (of eight different canned beers) every 2-3 weeks and I've yet to have a bad selection... For example, here's the lineup for tomorrow's release:
    -The Great Pumpkin Shake! (8%), a Pumpkin Pie Milkshake DIPA conditioned on pumpkin, pumpkin spices and vanilla

-Masquerade (10.3%) is a Triple Dry Hopped Triple IPA hopped with Galaxy, Vic Secret and Citra
    -Black Widow XXL(10%) is conditioned on killer amounts of Black Currant, Blackberry and Black Cherry
    -Werewolves of Slushland(8%) is conditioned on beastly amounts of Boysenberry, Raspberry, Grahman Cracker and Vanilla

-Slushy XL Beetle's Juuuce(8%) is conditioned on Grape, Blackberry, Peach and Pineapple
    -Zombie Nuggets(8.3%) is a DDH DIPA with primarily all Citra and then final dry hopped with Mosaic Cryo
    -Frankendrank XL is supercharged with Key Lime, Mango, Pineapple and Green Apple
    It was 33 degrees and snowing up in Indiana last night, so we cracked these open as a pregame before braving the elements with the kids.
    (Frankendrank > Great Pumpkin > Black Widow > Werewolves of Slushland)

Once we were outside we figured we needed to go heavy to keep warm:
    Junie (2019) - 12% ABV Imperial Stout - Transient Artisan Ales - Not as good as some of the other variants, but still a top notch imperial with salted caramel and chocolate
    TraXXX Night Fury (August 2019 Release) - 13.5% ABV BBA Imperial Stout - Witch's Hat Brewing - I saw someone upthread had something brewed with a ton of Reeses PB Cups... I haven't looked up the process on this beer, but the amount of peanut butter in it was obscene (in a good way). Bourbon Barrel Aged with Peanut Butter, Vanilla Beans, Toasted Coconut and Mindo Cocoa Nibs = a proverbial cornucopia of flavors that hit you in waves with each sip.
    Prince of Barkness - 14.5% ABV BA Pastry Stout - Transient Artisan Ales - Wowwowowowowow this was the perfect nightcap/dessert beer. Transient describes it as an "Imperial Breakfast Stout aged 18 months in whiskey foeder maple syrup bourbon barrels with vanilla, coffee and cinnamon." Transient wasn't on my radar before Dark Lord Day this year, but they are quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Halloween 2019.jpg

Brand would be Fullsteam; which specific beer I’d certainly be open to debate.

Maybe Humidity as an opener, or Paycheck Pilsner. If seasonal is an option, Summer Basil or Igor. ��
    Fullsteam 100% agree-founder is a Duke guy, IIRC. I'd add Working Man's Lunch to honor Shelden Williams and then Steak Knives for the team beer as we've had come "consolation prizes" recently.

Great find! Thanks for sharing. Good topic to discuss.

It was 33 degrees and snowing up in Indiana last night, so we cracked these open as a pregame before braving the elements with the kids.
    (Frankendrank > Great Pumpkin > Black Widow > Werewolves of Slushland)

Once we were outside we figured we needed to go heavy to keep warm:
    Junie (2019) - 12% ABV Imperial Stout - Transient Artisan Ales - Not as good as some of the other variants, but still a top notch imperial with salted caramel and chocolate
    TraXXX Night Fury (August 2019 Release) - 13.5% ABV BBA Imperial Stout - Witch's Hat Brewing - I saw someone upthread had something brewed with a ton of Reeses PB Cups... I haven't looked up the process on this beer, but the amount of peanut butter in it was obscene (in a good way). Bourbon Barrel Aged with Peanut Butter, Vanilla Beans, Toasted Coconut and Mindo Cocoa Nibs = a proverbial cornucopia of flavors that hit you in waves with each sip.
    Prince of Barkness - 14.5% ABV BA Pastry Stout - Transient Artisan Ales - Wowwowowowowow this was the perfect nightcap/dessert beer. Transient describes it as an "Imperial Breakfast Stout aged 18 months in whiskey foeder maple syrup bourbon barrels with vanilla, coffee and cinnamon." Transient wasn't on my radar before Dark Lord Day this year, but they are quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Halloween 2019.jpg
    Great selections! Hopefully, y'all carried extra empty 4 pack carriers to be re-filled on your "trick or beer" chaperoning of the youngsters .

Thanks CNC! As the premier program in college basketball, I think we'd be able to get away with multiple Blue Devil beers... I'm thinking several seasonals (named for all-time Dukies in the rafters) with five solid year-round offerings (one for each title, named after cornerstones of the program such as Coach, CIS, Crazies, Dean/Roy Knew, 9F) and one exclusive world class BBA 15%er with blue wax that is released every year at CTC. My vote would be to call it "The Shot" and have the label incite murderous range in Kentucky.

I look forward to working with the Brew Devil team and Brewmaster devildeac this season to create a running mock menu to keep on file in case anyone of us decides to start our own brewery.

Thanks CNC! As the premier program in college basketball, I think we'd be able to get away with multiple Blue Devil beers... I'm thinking several seasonals (named for all-time Dukies in the rafters) with five solid year-round offerings (one for each title, named after cornerstones of the program such as Coach, CIS, Crazies, Dean/Roy Knew, 9F) and one exclusive world class BBA 15%er with blue wax that is released every year at CTC. My vote would be to call it "The Shot" and have the label incite murderous range in Kentucky.

I look forward to working with the Brew Devil team and Brewmaster devildeac this season to create a running mock menu to keep on file in case anyone of us decides to start our own brewery.
    All good ideas! Or, we could contract brew with Brueprint Brewery in Apex, NC (they would have to change their name to Blueprint Brewing, of course ) and our first offering would have to be Double Dribbue, one of their high gravity brues already.