Page 1102 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1026021002105210921100110111021103110411121152120216022102 ... LastLast
Results 22,021 to 22,040 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

I have imposed self sanctions on myself for dropping the ball on the last virtual pub.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I have imposed self sanctions on myself for dropping the ball on the last virtual pub.
    Hopefully, that means no hard seltzer...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Just popping in to mention how lovely Shiva IPA is straight from the tap at the brewery at Asheville Brewing.

I keep testing for 15 years, and it doesn't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Just popping in to mention how lovely Shiva IPA is straight from the tap at the brewery at Asheville Brewing.

I'm Mattman91, and I approve this message.

I'm Mattman91, and I approve this message.
    Also love Perfect Day IPA. They had a black IPA version called Perfect Night at one time, it was also tasty.

We don’t believe in sanctions on Ymm, Beer.
    😃🍻

Foothills Equus IPA

Tracked this down on someone here’s recommendation (thanks for understanding my lack of recollection).

Oooh, smells like Dole pineapple juice. I think I’m gonna like this one. 😀

Not as juicy as the nose led me to believe.

Glad to see this 19.2oz stovepipe can is only 5.5% ABV.

Well worth the purchase to help conserve and protect NC wild horses.
    As a limited run beer, I’m not sure I have to worry about whether or not this beer makes it into the regular rotation.

A decent beer worth savoring.

Cheers! 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

WTH? No glass?

Lords of the Roost-Burial Beer Company collaboration with Altamont Beer Works

Credit-I treated myself last week to fill out a mixed 6er from which I was trading the first 4 selections to August West
    Format-pint can
    Bottom of can-24Sept2019; Big Rooster Energy
    Cost-$5ish
    Style-IPA
    Appearance-yellow/golden with a generous creamy head
    Nose-lots of tropical and stone fruits here
    Mouthfeel-pleasantly bitter yet surprisingly smooth (see below)
    Tastes-peach, cantaloupe, pineapple, mango, dank OJ, pine
    IBU-55
    ABV-6.5%
    Adjuncts-oats from Epiphany Craft Malt that I'll guess is a local Asheville source/grower
    Overall impression-haven't had a Burial Beer for a while so I forgot how good they are
    Ymm, Beer rating-high cat 2; I might be as tough as Tripping William on grading IPAs; this is a very good one and totally worth the cost; would sip again
    Last edited by devildeac; 10-18-2019 at 06:16 PM.

On call for the weekend. Y'all keep tasting for me.

I’ve hit Rock Bottom.

(1) Cask conditioned oatmeal stout. I go back-and-forth on cask beers. But this was really good. Like a nitro. Nice coffee notes. 5.8% ABV, so pretty sippable.

(2) Slow Ride hazy IPA. The best of the 3 I had. Nice cloudy yellow. Lots of citrus flavors, and quite sessionable. Strata, Simcoe & Citra hops. IBU’s at 60 and ABV at 6.3%.

(3) Double Hoperative. Their DIPA, at 90 IBU’s. A big, big beer. Nugget, Centennial and Loral hops. Quite a bit of pine/resin flavor. A “need to nurse it” beer, and you probably have to be in the right mood for it.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I’ve hit Rock Bottom.

(1) Cask conditioned oatmeal stout. I go back-and-forth on cask beers. But this was really good. Like a nitro. Nice coffee notes. 5.8% ABV, so pretty sippable.

(2) Slow Ride hazy IPA. The best of the 3 I had. Nice cloudy yellow. Lots of citrus flavors, and quite sessionable. Strata, Simcoe & Citra hops. IBU’s at 60 and ABV at 6.3%.

(3) Double Hoperative. Their DIPA, at 90 IBU’s. A big, big beer. Nugget, Centennial and Loral hops. Quite a bit of pine/resin flavor. A “need to nurse it” beer, and you probably have to be in the right mood for it.
    Haven't hit Rock Bottom in quite a few years. Sounds like they're not so "Rock Bottom" any more.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    On call for the weekend. Y'all keep tasting for me.
    Upon further review, y'all should keep tasting for yourselves (not me) and keep DBR informed how you're doing.

At Wynkoop Brewing, and had a taster flight that I’ll review later. But I couldn’t pass up trying this and quoting the menu verbatim:

Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout (8.0% ABV; 28 IBU)

Our rule-breaking and uniquely indigenous foreign-style stout. Made with Colorado base malts and freshly sliced & roasted bull testicles (aka Rocky Mountain Oysters). Deep flavors of chocolate, coffee, roasted grains, and nuts. Yes, nuts. Three balls per barrel.
    You read that right. Nice & dark. Tan head that dissipates quickly. Definitely chocolate & coffee. I don’t taste the nuts, but I’m not sure I’d admit it if I did. LMAO!

Solid Cat 2 beer. One of a kind....

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Parabola from Firestone Walker brewery. Barrel aged imperial stout. Graciously gifted from richardjackson199, very generous fellow.

Pours “midnight black” per the label. British Ale house yeast, medium mouth feel. Roasty, chocolate, malty, boozy. Everything an imperial stout should be and more. 13%abv, 60 ibu’s.12oz. nicely packaged. This was 2019 and I would pick up another in an instant and age it. I understand the brewery got bought out by one of the big guys, but this limited production offering was really good. Cat-3.
    Thrilled you enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    At Wynkoop Brewing, and had a taster flight that I’ll review later. But I couldn’t pass up trying this and quoting the menu verbatim:

You read that right. Nice & dark. Tan head that dissipates quickly. Definitely chocolate & coffee. I don’t taste the nuts, but I’m not sure I’d admit it if I did. LMAO!

Solid Cat 2 beer. One of a kind...
    13.gif13.gif

Words fail me...

Hardywood Wyldflower DIPA. Imperial at 8.8% abv. Cascade, Denali and Idaho 7 hops. Aromas is grapefruit and pineapple up front, no real alcohol hint. A bit of honey (added), floral, piney finish. Solid category 2, I’m spoiled comparing it to Veil IPAs.

Hardywood Smoked Marzen. A really interesting , tasty beer. But not for everyone. Vienna and Munich malts, 40% smoked with beech and oak. You really get the smokiness, not as malty as I thought it would be, actually lighter and easier to drink at 5.6% abv. Would really be good with something off the grill. Only available on draft otherwise I’d pick one up since it’s so unusual. Only other smoked beer I’ve had was the Alaskan Brewery’s Smoked Porter, this is nothing like a porter.

Hardywood’s Doppelbock Lager. 9.3% abv, 20 ibu’s. It’s good, solid cat 2. But a bit thin, and pales in comparison to Ardent’s Dopplebock, and really my favorite - Ardent’s BBA Dopplebock. Theirs was more malty, more flavorable. This drinks easier, even at 9.3%. Pours brown with small foam head. A bit of malt, smokey , a bit of spice, maybe currants. Not many breweries are doing Dopplebock, I like the style.
    Last edited by accfanfrom1970; 10-19-2019 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Added

Wynkoop

My flight, before I went for the bull balls:

(1) Light Rail: A kolsch-style ale. Really light in color and alcohol (just 3.8%). But really flavorful for being that light. Would be terrific in summertime.

(2) Petite Saison. Was okay. Less flavorful than the Light Rail, though. Nothing special.

(3) Mile High Pale Ale. Kinda disappointing. Not a terribly well-balanced. Super-bitter on the aftertaste.

(4) Cowtown nitro milk stout. Really smooth. Nice coffee and chocolate notes. Borderline cloying; it was a half-notch too sweet for me. 4.8% ABV and just 16 IBU.