Page 1091 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 91591991104110811089109010911092109311011141119115912091 ... LastLast
Results 21,801 to 21,820 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Sounds fun. Bring one tomorrow if you have one to spare. I'll find something trade-worthy
    Done.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I had my first one of these tonight too. Agree with Devildeac on the citrus bomb medley up front. It really is like a new Dole fruit juice blend. It's a great beer with fun balance. Fun introduction to New Glarus. Like my first Veil beer, I thought, goodness, I've never tasted a beer like this. I can't wait to get into some more from the New Glarus shipment. Thanks Devildeacs for all the travel to get this to my glass!
    You're most welcome. Always a special treat to get a New Glarus delivery and distribute it amongst family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Done.
    Bundled in the parka for safekeeping, I presume.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Bundled in the parka for safekeeping, I presume.
    Hey, man, c'mon. Gimme some credit. It's a French toast beer so I'll deliver it in a frying pan .

The luck of the devildeac strikes again. Walked down to a neighbor's house to deliver a couple beers for looking after our mail, newspapers and home while we were gone for a few days recently. He reached into his beer fridge and pulled out 3 from his recent beer club delivery to give to me in return. Mrs. dd was *not* amused.

Hope there's enough bandwidth on this thread tomorrow to report on the variety of fancy beers that are expected to be consumed during tailgate today. I *know* who's attending and the quality and quantity of ales that have been brought in the past.

Hope there's enough bandwidth on this thread tomorrow to report on the variety of fancy beers that are expected to be consumed during tailgate today. I *know* who's attending and the quality and quantity of ales that have been brought in the past.
    I already know there isn't enough bandwidth to report on Octoberfest.

Those Update SC reviews are still on deck. Maybe one day ...

Q: Sooo, how much beer did the guys and gals drink at tailgate tonight?

A: Obviously, not enough.

Some folks are going to have to help me with the names of all the beers y'all brought.

Here's my recollection of the beers most folks sampled last PM:

Aventinus
    Tubby Monk 2015
    Tubby Monk 2016
    Lindemans Frambois
    Nightmare on Brett
    Grand Cru (Evil Twin)
    Black OPS (this beer does not exist)
    American Promise
    (a Jester King sour whose name I can't recall; RJ199-do you remember?)
    (a Crooked Stave sour whose name I can't recall; fuse-do you recall this one? You know, the one you "forced" me to help you finish right before leaving the tent)
    Curieux 2018-large format

I think I can remember to give credit to the proper person for each one of the above but kind, gentle reminders and/or additional reviews would also be appreciated .

Namaste and Delirium Tremens were represented and consumed but I sampled neither. There was an unfamiliar corked and caged large format Belgian ale on the table that was a DNP-CD. Fullsteam's 9th Anniversary beer was also consumed but way too quickly by its purchaser for me to taste. There was also a 12 ounce Curieux, likely 2019, that was also a DNP-CD.

What else did I forget?

Aventinus
    Tubby Monk 2015
    Tubby Monk 2016
    Lindemans Frambois
    Nightmare on Brett
    Grand Cru (Evil Twin)
    American Promise
    (a Crooked Stave sour whose name I can't recall; fuse-do you recall this one? You know, the one you "forced" me to help you finish right before leaving the tent)

I think I can remember to give credit to the proper person for each one of the above but kind, gentle reminders and/or additional reviews would also be appreciated .

Namaste and Delirium Tremens were represented and consumed but I sampled neither. There was an unfamiliar corked and caged large format Belgian ale on the table that was a DNP-CD. Fullsteam's 9th Anniversary beer was also consumed but way too quickly by its purchaser for me to taste. There was also a 12 ounce Curieux, likely 2019, that was also a DNP-CD.

What else did I forget?
    I got a buzz just from reading this ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

What else did I forget?
    The BBA Honey Ginger went quick, but has already been reviewed.

Aventinus
    Tubby Monk 2015
    Tubby Monk 2016
    Lindemans Frambois
    Nightmare on Brett
    Grand Cru (Evil Twin)
    American Promise

What else did I forget?
    That the company, beer and food were much better than the outcome in Wally Wade? 🤬🤪

Aventinus
    Tubby Monk 2015
    Tubby Monk 2016
    Lindemans Frambois
    Nightmare on Brett
    Grand Cru (Evil Twin)
    American Promise

What else did I forget?
    I contributed the
    Jester King Part & Parcel Belgian Saison
    Jester King Correlation Wild Ale Sour
    Crooked Stave Nightmare on Brett Raspberry - Sour

All beers sampled were outstanding. T-Will you would be correct. Beergoddess drove me back to Winston as the effects of that tasting were still perceivable after the football game. But it was worth every delicious sip. Thanks to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I got a buzz just from reading this ...
    24.gif24.gif

There was a spot we kept open for you at the table...

That spot will still be open for the GT game...

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    The BBA Honey Ginger went quick, but has already been reviewed.
    Yea, but that's *always* worth another review. I'm going to get a couple to fuse soon. Bank on it.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    That the company, beer and food were much better than the outcome in Wally Wade? 🤬🤪
    QFE. In fact, I've already suggested to our chefs that they prepare and serve turnovers at the GT tailgate so we can put them to rest well before game time.

I contributed the
    Jester King Part & Parcel Belgian Saison
    Jester King Correlation Wild Ale Sour
    Crooked Stave Nightmare on Brett Raspberry - Sour

All beers sampled were outstanding. T-Will you would be correct. Beergoddess drove me back to Winston as the effects of that tasting were still perceivable after the football game. But it was worth every delicious sip. Thanks to all!
    Thanks for reminding me. I thought the JK beers were your contributions but, after about 6-7 samples, #8 and above were recalled by brewer's name only.

You will most certainly receive proper credit when I get around to those reviews later today. You and fuse are both welcome to correct anything about the two JK reviews as they kinda/sorta blurred together for the above stated reason.

August West and I agreed *never* to partake in a tasting of 5 high ABV brews again after the cheats game (?) several years ago where the ABV *started* at 9% or higher and escalated quickly to 14% or 15%. I'm glad it wasn't *5* this time.

Thanks for reminding me. I thought the JK beers were your contributions but, after about 6-7 samples, #8 and above were recalled by brewer's name only.

You will most certainly receive proper credit when I get around to those reviews later today. You and fuse are both welcome to correct anything about the two JK reviews as they kinda/sorta blurred together for the above stated reason.

August West and I agreed *never* to partake in a tasting of 5 high ABV brews again after the cheats game (?) several years ago where the ABV *started* at 9% or higher and escalated quickly to 14% or 15%. I'm glad it wasn't *5* this time.
    That kinda rule is made to be broken...🤣🤪🍻

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    That kinda rule is made to be broken...🤣🤪🍻

dark-3061610__340.jpg

That we did.