Page 109 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 959991071081091101111191592096091109 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Sam Adams Imperial Stout
    I'm loving this one. It's another from SA's "Imperial Series", it pours a thick black with a decent rich brown colored head. Overt chocolate notes, and this is what I like most about this beer. It's not advertised as a "chocolate stout", and that is it's outstanding quality. Not at all what I expected from an imperial. Low bitterness, as compared to say Brooklyn's chocolate stout, which is very bitter. 9.2% ABV, the alcohol is notable, but not what you notice at first. A little fruityness on the nose as well, this ale has lots of character, and rises quickly to the top tier of my list of favorites. Great beer float potential, too!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Sam Adams Imperial Stout
    I'm loving this one. It's another from SA's "Imperial Series", it pours a thick black with a decent rich brown colored head. Overt chocolate notes, and this is what I like most about this beer. It's not advertised as a "chocolate stout", and that is it's outstanding quality. Not at all what I expected from an imperial. Low bitterness, as compared to say Brooklyn's chocolate stout, which is very bitter. 9.2% ABV, the alcohol is notable, but not what you notice at first. A little fruityness on the nose as well, this ale has lots of character, and rises quickly to the top tier of my list of favorites. Great beer float potential, too!
    That's what I was thinking as I read your review!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    That's what I was thinking as I read your review!
    The eloquent review or beer float

Oh, never mind...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    The eloquent review or beer float

Oh, never mind...
    Beer float. Sheesh!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Too busy enjoying it, but will write up a review later on the spring seasonal offering from New Belgium Brewery - Mighty Arrow Pale Ale. (Named after the brewery's aussie shepherd - paging lavabe! )
    For you East Coasters, once the snow clears up and it turns warmer again, you're going to wish you had access to this brew!

A beautiful gold ale, not too thick, but definitely hoppy, it is very drinkable. A bit of a citrus note, but not overwhelming. It's almost too light for our cold nights here, but I think this will be my session beer for the big game next weekend. Refreshing, quaffable, tasty - what more could you ask for in a beer?

For those of you looking for IPAs to try, have you checked out the brackets for the National IPA Championship? My local beer reveiw source is gloating over the talents of the NW brewers, but I see some familiar names from elsewhere.

http://seattlebeernews.com/?p=153

For those of you looking for IPAs to try, have you checked out the brackets for the National IPA Championship? My local beer reveiw source is gloating over the talents of the NW brewers, but I see some familiar names from elsewhere.

http://seattlebeernews.com/?p=153
    Those scoundrels! They stole that idea from Lavabe, RMD and me! They didn't even do a drink-in game! Outrageous!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Those scoundrels! They stole that idea from Lavabe, RMD and me! They didn't even do a drink-in game! Outrageous!
    I'd be shouting for royalties. Paid off in beer. Or money for which can be used to purchase beer. OR...money to purchase air fare for an on onsite tasting. I think you have a winnable case.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I'd be shouting for royalties. Paid off in beer. Or money for which can be used to purchase beer. OR...money to purchase air fare for an on onsite tasting. I think you have a winnable case.
    Well, I'm not really that upset about it...

A rare find in Boston..

I've been somewhat frustrated that locally it's hard to find anything from west of PA..but I was excited today to find a bottle of Schlafly Reserve Stout..pricey but I had to pull the trigger..never tried any Schlafly but have read many reviews here..so should I celebrate Senior night with this tonight or keep it in its nice fancy box for awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebear View Post
    I've been somewhat frustrated that locally it's hard to find anything from west of PA..but I was excited today to find a bottle of Schlafly Reserve Stout..pricey but I had to pull the trigger..never tried any Schlafly but have read many reviews here..so should I celebrate Senior night with this tonight or keep it in its nice fancy box for awhile?
    Either tonight or Sunday. One of the two. If Sunday, then you have to decide during the game, or during the selection show.

newcastle and bbq ribs...and not those crappy eastern nc bbq (soaked in vinegar) ribs,...i'm talking about gooey, drippy, ketchup-based kansas city / texas ribs...

yum

For you East Coasters, once the snow clears up and it turns warmer again, you're going to wish you had access to this brew!

A beautiful gold ale, not too thick, but definitely hoppy, it is very drinkable. A bit of a citrus note, but not overwhelming. It's almost too light for our cold nights here, but I think this will be my session beer for the big game next weekend. Refreshing, quaffable, tasty - what more could you ask for in a beer?
    Availability on the east coast?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebear View Post
    I have a 750 ml bottle of this (I think) awaiting consumption, compliments of the Lavabe household from Christmas. I'm in no hurry to drink it however as I suspect it can be aged for years.

I have a 750 ml bottle of this (I think) awaiting consumption, compliments of the Lavabe household from Christmas. I'm in no hurry to drink it however as I suspect it can be aged for years.
    For your Christmas present at the last Brunchgate of NEXT year, i'm buying you toe nail clippers. Sleep well Rip. I don't see how you can have so much patience, but amen.

OK, back to some reviews. I have been a bit delinquent.

Working my way through a trader/leftover mixed 6er (enjoyed over a week or more) from DukePA and CB&B from Casalinga night.

Ommegang-Witte-Another winner from the folks in Cooperstown. This would be better in the warm spring and hot summer days in NC. A true to form Belgian wheat beer, unfiltered. A bit hazy and zesty with orange peel notes and coriander, I think. Fizzy with a bit of hop bitterness. ABV is 5.1% so you can enjoy this as a session beer with...

For your Christmas present at the last Brunchgate of NEXT year, i'm buying you toe nail clippers. Sleep well Rip. I don't see how you can have so much patience, but amen.
    You should see the beverages I have "cellared.". But, then again, you may have already noticed or figgered that out with some of the several year old barleywines we have traded.

Ommegang-Witte-Another winner from the folks in Cooperstown. This would be better in the warm spring and hot summer days in NC. A true to form Belgian wheat beer, unfiltered. A bit hazy and zesty with orange peel notes and coriander, I think. Fizzy with a bit of hop bitterness. ABV is 5.1% so you can enjoy this as a session beer with...
    Ymm, Ommegang - I think I've had this brew as well, and IIRC, it was pretty tasty! Haven't seen much from that brewery out here.

OK, back to some reviews. I have been a bit delinquent.

Working my way through a trader/leftover mixed 6er (enjoyed over a week or more) from DukePA and CB&B from Casalinga night.

...as a session beer with...

Ft. Collins Chocolate Stout-this was included in the mixer/sixer with previously mentioned brews and soon-to-be-mentioned brews. I believe ohioguy reviewed this, once by itself and once as a beer float. I'll do it plain tonight. This is dark/nearly black with lots of dark chocolate aromas and tastes but I don't think with any chocolate additives. The taste is all from the deeply roasted chocolate malts. Basically no coffee/expresso flavors here. Slightly bitter as I would expect with so much dark malts and little hop presence. Let it sit for 15-30 minutes before pouring and sip for your dessert or with a book by the fire or with some chocolate chip cookies or triple chocolate brownies. If I had another, I'd drop a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream in it and have a float this weekend. ABV probably 5-6%.

Another new-to-me review - Rogue's "Yellow Snow IPA":

Poured a deep golden color, didn't present with much of a head. The scent was both musty and citrusy, which was about as appetizing as it sounds. The taste was weird - both fruity and bitter - and while I can't say it was pleasant, it wasn't that bad either; it was just a strange mix.

This beer did get a little smoother as it warmed up to below room temp, and the more I drank it, the more I got used to the flavor. I can't say I'd buy it again, but hey, I had to try a beer named "Yellow Snow" once, ya know?