Page 108 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 858981061071081091101181582086081108 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy2 View Post
    Two beer happenings to report. Friday, March 6 there is a beer tasting for charity event in Toledo. Several breweries and distributors will be "selling" short pours of their products. Goose Island and Bells are among the breweries. To prepare, I bought a bottle of Bell's Hopslam to drink this weekend. I am wondering how much of a honey taste it has. Probably has been reviewed here, but I am too lazy to search for it.
    You called? I am also likewise too lazy to look for it. My memory tells me intense hops with a very subtle honey flavor. If you like IIPA's, I think you'll enjoy this brew.

Too busy enjoying it, but will write up a review later on the spring seasonal offering from New Belgium Brewery - Mighty Arrow Pale Ale. (Named after the brewery's aussie shepherd - paging lavabe! )

Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball

I tried a Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball Ale on tap at County Grille yesterday. It's almost like their Gnarlywine but more drinkable. Deep, rich color and aroma with dark fruits, heavy malt, good hops, and pretty high alcohol (8.8 %) - a very good winter brew with a great name!

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieMc View Post
    I tried a Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball Ale on tap at County Grille yesterday. It's almost like their Gnarlywine but more drinkable. Deep, rich color and aroma with dark fruits, heavy malt, good hops, and pretty high alcohol (8.8 %) - a very good winter brew with a great name!
    I haven't enjoyed the few Lagunitas products I have tried. Perhaps a new awakening here...

I've got a small stockpile of beverages I have enjoyed over the last couple weeks and will try to post some thoughts at a more reasonable hour.

Today, 03:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I've got a small stockpile of beverages I have enjoyed over the last couple weeks and will try to post some thoughts at a more reasonable hour.
    What were you doing up at 3:23 a.m.? Insomnia, or had you talked with a patient/been on call?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    What were you doing up at 3:23 a.m.? Insomnia, or had you talked with a patient/been on call?
    A rare bout of insomnia. Probably due to a nap that was a wee bit too long on our way out of town last evening.

A rare bout of insomnia. Probably due to a nap that was a wee bit too long on our way out of town last evening.
    According to the Surgeon General, napping while driving can be hazardous to your health!

9F 9F 9F

According to the Surgeon General, napping while driving can be hazardous to your health!
    Fortunately on our journey, we had a designated driver (ALSO known as a dd, or more precisely Mrs. dd) and a designated napper.

I guess that sorta keeps it "thread appropriate" even though I waited until our journey ended to enjoy my adult beverage.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    It's dreary outside here at the beach, with rain and fog, so you have a perfect day to stay inside, watch basketball, and post reviews.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It's dreary outside here at the beach, with rain and fog, so you have a perfect day to stay inside, watch basketball, and post reviews.
    Check your PM. We'll take care of a lot of the business related stuff before and after the game.

a tripel and a stout

sampled a few new items this weekend..
    Yesterday it was the Gulden Draak--a dark tripel from Belgium...I'm not sure its even fair to call this beer..sweet, malty, and no carbonation. It was honestly the smoothest beer I've ever tried..

Tonight I am trying serpent's stout by Lost Abbey which is a very nice. Nearly black, lots of chocolate and malt. A nice thick but smooth stout..

CB&B's Oatmeal Stout-just as I expected-a dark, almost black brew with a moderate amount of carbonation (nice medium brown head) and tons of chocolate malt, mild bitterness/hops and notes of chocolate, espresso, molasses and liquorice. I know there is no flavoring added but those flavors come out with the degreee of roasting of the malt. The oatmeal makes it a bit silky/oily and very smooth. I'd guess 5-6% ABV. I think I have 3 left so one is for Lavabe, one is for 30-60 days and one just may be for a beer float.

Chimay-Cinq Cents-A wonderful Belgian tripple. A bit hazier than I thought-guess I should have decanted the ale off the sediment/yeast gently instead of swirling it into the pour. Dark gold color, plenty of fizz or Belgian lace on the glass and hints of the typical orange zest/coriander/black pepper spiciness I'd expect from this style. 8% ABV and not subtle. Having had this and the Duvel (Flemish for devil) recently, I am back to preferring the Duvel as my favorite Belgian golden ale.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I am back to preferring the Duvel as my favorite Belgian golden ale.
    That is a big toss up for me. My last Duvel was thanks very much to Ozzie, but I'm still more of a Chimay fan. I think I will have to find a bottle of Duvel to enjoy a whole goblet of for a re-visit.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

That is a big toss up for me. My last Duvel was thanks very much to Ozzie, but I'm still more of a Chimay fan. I think I will have to find a bottle of Duvel to enjoy a whole goblet of for a re-visit.
    The 750 ml bottle is about $10 now. The 4 pack is about $15. And you don't HAVE to drink the entire 4 pack in one evening like you do the big boy.
    Sounds like that will be a comparison we need to do at Brunchgate 1 in the fall.

You're very welcome!
    The empty Duvel bottle is sitting on a bookcase shelf, next to my empty Chimay bottles (one red lavel, one blue label).
    I preferred the Chimay to the Duvel.

9F 9F 9F

You're very welcome!
    The empty Duvel bottle is sitting on a bookcase shelf, next to my empty Chimay bottles (one red lavel, one blue label).
    I preferred the Chimay to the Duvel.
    Good. You can bring the Chimay assortment to the 1st Brunchgate this FB season. CB&B can bring the Duvel and I will bring the Westmalle, Corsendonk or some Delirium Tremens.

Good. You can bring the Chimay assortment to the 1st Brunchgate this FB season. CB&B can bring the Duvel and I will bring the Westmalle, Corsendonk or some Delirium Tremens.
    Why would you want me to bring my empty bottles to the Brunchgate?

9F 9F 9F

Why would you want me to bring my empty bottles to the Brunchgate?
    You've got it mixed up. You bring the FULL bottles to BG, we compare all the beverages and you take the EMPTY bottles home to put them on your shelf or recycle them.