Page 1070 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 70570970102010601068106910701071107210801120117015702070 ... LastLast
Results 21,381 to 21,400 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    BTW, congrats on knocking me off of the podium...
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

AFAIK, we do not have a relegation policy on Ymm, Beer .
    Time for a victory lap, I suppose. Of course, all mattman has to do to regain the crown is post all the reviews he has promised over the years . . . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Duck Rabbit "Say What?"

For their 15th anniversary, Duck Rabbit has released a beer in a can (their first). And an IPA (also their first). Except it's wood aged, and they named it "Say What?" The can did not say what wood was used. It imparted a very distinctive, unique flavor that I can't quite describe. It was good, with a blend of citrus and wood flavors. Solid Cat 2 and worth seeking out. 7% ABV, and I'd guess IBUs are in the low 50's or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    For their 15th anniversary, Duck Rabbit has released a beer in a can (their first). And an IPA (also their first). Except it's wood aged, and they named it "Say What?" The can did not say what wood was used. It imparted a very distinctive, unique flavor that I can't quite describe. It was good, with a blend of citrus and wood flavors. Solid Cat 2 and worth seeking out. 7% ABV, and I'd guess IBUs are in the low 50's or so.
    I wonder how Duck Rabbit considers their Hoppy Bunny (a black IPA) not an IPA. 🤔

I saw this, and didn’t make the connection on either first canned beer, or 15th anniversary. May have to keep an eye out.

What’s even more fascinating is that Casita Cerveceria (sp?) contract brews at Duck Rabbit, and as far as I know, only cans. I wonder if they pay for a mobile canning line to show up at Duck Rabbit, or how they can regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I wonder how Duck Rabbit considers their Hoppy Bunny (a black IPA) not an IPA. 🤔

I saw this, and didn’t make the connection on either first canned beer, or 15th anniversary. May have to keep an eye out.

What’s even more fascinating is that Casita Cerveceria (sp?) contract brews at Duck Rabbit, and as far as I know, only cans. I wonder if they pay for a mobile canning line to show up at Duck Rabbit, or how they can regularly.
    True about Hoppy Bunny. I just read the can . . . .

Poking around a little more, looks like this is aged on "fresh white oak and maplewood."

Time for a victory lap, I suppose. Of course, all mattman has to do to regain the crown is post all the reviews he has promised over the years . . . . . .
    I've been *encouraging* mattman to do that for many, many months now .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Intriguing question about Casita Cerveceria and canning. AFAIK, based on my chats with the owner of Falls River Wine and Beer, it's basically a 2 person operation, the brewer and his wife. I think their cans now say Fountain, NC, which appears to be a tiny town several miles from Farmville, home of Duck-Rabbit.

Looks like Veil has 10 varieties available in 4 packs of cans for take-out as of their 10 AM update today. Our agent will inform us of actual availability when he arrives after they open today at 400 PM.

ATTN: Mattman

Did you get any of this on your recent trip to Olde Hickory?

Seven Devils-Bourbon BA Scotch Ale

If so, was it as good as Hooligan at Catawba?

(your chances to climb back on the podium...)

ATTN: Mattman

Did you get any of this on your recent trip to Olde Hickory?

Seven Devils-Bourbon BA Scotch Ale

If so, was it as good as Hooligan at Catawba?

(your chances to climb back on the podium...)
    Ha!

I only stopped in for one quick pint while waiting on the rest of the family to finish some shopping. I had a small batch IPA that did not have a name, other than a batch number. I do not remember seeing this one on the list that day, but the name seems very familiar. i might have to search the thread to see if I have reviewed it here.

I highly doubt it is better than the Hooligan, though. That is the gold standard for the style imo.

From 5/2/18:

Not an IPA but from a local brewery. Would be worth a $3 "novelty" drop if you saw one.
    Riverwalk's Kremsicle Kolsch is currently available in singles at that Amazon-owned "hipster" retail location I visit with some regularity . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Ha!

I only stopped in for one quick pint while waiting on the rest of the family to finish some shopping. I had a small batch IPA that did not have a name, other than a batch number. I do not remember seeing this one on the list that day, but the name seems very familiar. i might have to search the thread to see if I have reviewed it here.

I highly doubt it is better than the Hooligan, though. That is the gold standard for the style imo.
    You are correct. One beer I'll never forget.

Riverwalk's Kremsicle Kolsch is currently available in singles at that Amazon-owned "hipster" retail location I visit with some regularity . . . .

(lol)

Paging RJ199...

It's five o'clock in my zip code, or at least close enough to the appointed hour for a week-ending adult beverage.

Getting a sip-by-sip description from our agent at Veil as I type. I don't know who's going to have more fun, accfanfrom1970 or the NC recipients .

Highland Slow Crush Tart Spritz Ale

From Highlands website:

TART SPRITZ ALE
    Crisp tartness and a blend of spirited botanicals make this beer a libation for any occasion.

Inspired by the incredibly popular cocktail Aperol Spritz, Slow Crush features all-natural ingredients that mirror the Italian aperitif –botanicals like gentian root, cinchona bark and hibiscus flowers.

IBU
    ABV
    HOPS
    CASCADE, AMARILLO, EKUANOT, & CITRA
    GRIST
    PILS, MALTED WHEAT, & FLAKED RYE

Somehow, this is a year round Highland beer I’d never heard of, or seen before.

I’ve never had an Aperol Spritz, so no reference point.

Super foamy pour, took a while to get most of a 16oz can into a shaker pint glass.

Smelled like orange juice. To be clear, I don’t mean like a citrus or juicy hop scent, I mean orange juice.

Very effervescent, dances in your mouth.

Orange yields to lemon tart, followed by a gardeny floral finish I couldn’t credibly on my own attribute to hibiscus.

I wish I had known about this beer in the spring, or earlier in the summer. Perfect to sip on the back deck and watch the world go by.

Maybe not special in the grand scheme of things. Definitely worth trying given the opportunity.

Cheers! 🍻

Highland Slow Crush Tart Spritz Ale

From Highlands website:

TART SPRITZ ALE
    Crisp tartness and a blend of spirited botanicals make this beer a libation for any occasion.

Inspired by the incredibly popular cocktail Aperol Spritz, Slow Crush features all-natural ingredients that mirror the Italian aperitif –botanicals like gentian root, cinchona bark and hibiscus flowers.

IBU
    ABV
    HOPS
    CASCADE, AMARILLO, EKUANOT, & CITRA
    GRIST
    PILS, MALTED WHEAT, & FLAKED RYE

Somehow, this is a year round Highland beer I’d never heard of, or seen before.

I’ve never had an Aperol Spritz, so no reference point.

Super foamy pour, took a while to get most of a 16oz can into a shaker pint glass.

Smelled like orange juice. To be clear, I don’t mean like a citrus or juicy hop scent, I mean orange juice.

Very effervescent, dances in your mouth.

Orange yields to lemon tart, followed by a gardeny floral finish I couldn’t credibly on my own attribute to hibiscus.

I wish I had known about this beer in the spring, or earlier in the summer. Perfect to sip on the back deck and watch the world go by.

Maybe not special in the grand scheme of things. Definitely worth trying given the opportunity.

Cheers! 🍻
    Sounds like a great beer on a hot NC late summer afternoon!

Getting a sip-by-sip description from our agent at Veil as I type. I don't know who's going to have more fun, accfanfrom1970 or the NC recipients .
    I’m going to withhold any reviews so the deliverees ? can drink without any preconceived ideas. Veil, Hardywood, Ardent and Vason, all in Scott’s Addition, all represented. 5-2-2-1. Never imagined this much great craft beer in walking distance of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I’m going to withhold any reviews so the deliverees ? can drink without any preconceived ideas. Veil, Hardywood, Ardent and Vason, all in Scott’s Addition, all represented. 5-2-2-1. Never imagined this much great craft beer in stumbling distance of each other.
    FIFY.

Seriously, many thanks for your tasting/shopping for us. Anxiously awaiting delivery tomorrow and then distribution in a couple weeks.

38.gif

Another day gose by and I *finally* taste this beer:

Two of Tarts Gose-Upland Brewing Company

Ale with passion fruit and mango

I really tried to find fuse's review of this from Ymm, Beer Gose Day and quote him but all that showed up on "search" was his ranking.

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a standard pint glass showed a hazy, slightly orange-tinged yellow elixir with a moderate fizzy head that didn't last long. Enticing tropical fruit aromas of mango and passion fruit, lemon juice (not added) and brine. Mango appears first with a slight sweetness, followed by tart/mildly sour lemon juice, salt and passion fruit. Even if coriander, a typical ingredient of goses, was present, I'm not sure I'd perceive it. IBUs (from Untappd) are 5 and the ABV is 4.5%. I can't quite give this a fuse Cat 3, but it's certainly upper tier 2, especially as the 2018 GABF gold medal winner in the gose category.

Fuse traded this recently and I'm very grateful.

Another day gose by and I *finally* taste this beer:

Two of Tarts Gose-Upland Brewing Company

Ale with passion fruit and mango

I really tried to find fuse's review of this from Ymm, Beer Gose Day and quote him but all that showed up on "search" was his ranking.

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a standard pint glass showed a hazy, slightly orange-tinged yellow elixir with a moderate fizzy head that didn't last long. Enticing tropical fruit aromas of mango and passion fruit, lemon juice (not added) and brine. Mango appears first with a slight sweetness, followed by tart/mildly sour lemon juice, salt and passion fruit. Even if coriander, a typical ingredient of goses, was present, I'm not sure I'd perceive it. IBUs (from Untappd) are 5 and the ABV is 4.5%. I can't quite give this a fuse Cat 3, but it's certainly upper tier 2, especially as the 2018 GABF gold medal winner in the gose category.

Fuse traded this recently and I'm very grateful.
    A friend brought me back two cans from Michigan, you got one. Glad you enjoyed it! 🍻