Page 1056 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 56556956100610461054105510561057105810661106115615562056 ... LastLast
Results 21,101 to 21,120 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Here's that pea flower:

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    The Warmest Color-Fullsteam Brewery Collaboration with Out! Raleigh

04/15/19
    Canned

https://untappd.akamaized.net/photos...8_640x640.jpeg

Last night's beer, a pint can trader with fuse from last week. Thanks!

I've never had a purple beer before. Well, maybe some stouts that had plums infused and *looked" a bit purple at the edges but this beer was a clear, brilliant purple (hope the link does the color purple justise-sic). A moderately fizzy, mauve head also appeared atop my elixir. It's an IPA brewed with butterfly pea flower (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoria_ternatea) and my olfactory and gustatory sensors perceived mainly grapefruit, some rind and a huge floral presence. IBUs listed at 25 on Untappd. The label on the can states 7% ABV. Unique and very interesting product that I'd recommend highly, both for its visual appeal and also its intriguing flavors.

The butterfly pea flower:

Attachment 9374
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Here's that pea flower:
    Here's the Fullsteam beer:

22b6706e031052b17f52d411dc31f339_640x640.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    D9 makes a lot of weird beer.

I actually paid money for their Trash Panda, which was billed as a sour s’mores beer. There may be a review here somewhere on it. Possibly the most unusual beer I think I’ve ever had in that I could not make up my mind if I hated it or enjoyed it.
    Here's another D9 beer that fuse and I discussed briefly here a few weeks (months?) ago:

https://untappd.com/b/d9-brewing-com...oyager/3082792

488d7bb728631afce0e312b4268edc60_640x640.jpg

I bought a 12 ounce bottle for $4 (IIRC) while I was gose-shopping several weeks ago. At 14% ABV () for a sour and at that price, I thought it was worth a single.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    It's Saturday night and still Summer, so how about:

Body Electric - Wise Man Brewing - 7.5 % ABV - 90 IBU. "We heaped in late-addition El Dorado, Citra, and Mosaic hops by the bucketful to give it massive tropical fruit notes. They call this a NE-IPA, but I'm not so sure. It's more like a hybrid west-coast juicy IPA.

The pour is not that hazy. It looks like orange, muddy water with nice thick head. It's aromatic - tropical and piney. The taste is dank and juicy orange, mango, light grapefruit, but they do the bitterness well in this beer. It has some sweet malty, light brown sugar, and finishes smooth grassy, piney bitter.

It's well done. This is Fuse Category 2. Would gladly drink again as I did tonight. Not my first, just first review.
    I had my first one of these yesterday on tap at Fat Dog's in Greensboro. Cat 2. I loved the finish, my wife thought it was too bitter. Mine was virtually opaque. Wise Man's milkshake IPA is one my wife and I both enjoyed. She wants another one soon.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I had my first one of these yesterday on tap at Fat Dog's in Greensboro. Cat 2. I loved the finish, my wife thought it was too bitter. Mine was virtually opaque. Wise Man's milkshake IPA is one my wife and I both enjoyed. She wants another one soon.
    Then quit posting and head out shopping at Lowe's, Stella's or...

Is this the one to which you're referring (from 9/30/18 tailgate):

Finally, tailgate brew review time.

Lead-off hitter:

Blissed Out (crowlered on 9/28/18)-Wise Man Brewing

Provider: Mr. merlindevildog91-Thanks!!

In Honor of: Tripping William and richardjackson199 (Hey, it's local for them!)

Style: Milkshake IPA (fooled us all-see below)

Appearance: Moderate, foamy head and cloudy with a chance of haze (looked like a NEIPA)

Aromas: A tropical fruit Slurpee (pineapple, grapefruit, mango, orange)-smelled like a NEIPA

Tastes: A tropical fruit Slurpee with minimal bitterness

Mouthfeel: Creamy and smooth

Additives: mango, pineapple, blood orange and lactose (hence, the milkshake IPA)-we had to research this from the website

Hops: Secret

Grains: Not divulged

IBU: 55 (also researched)-most of us thought 40s

ABV: 6.2% (not researched-it was Sharpied on the can-we're not as dumm as we look )

Overall impression: Very good starter beer but would also pair nicely with some mild curry dishes, I think.

Then quit posting and head out shopping at Lowe's, Stella's or...

Only the Wise Man Blissed Out will do. I looked and didn't see any cans of it.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Only the Wise Man Blissed Out will do. I looked and didn't see any cans of it.
    Yea, our tailgate friends brought a crowler that day. Good stuff.

DFH SeaQuench Session Sour v. Mother Earth Mojito Berliner Weisse

Who ya got?

Both excellent beers, and not a fair straight up comparison.

Mother Earth takes the victory, simply on the basis of a more complex and complete beer.

The mint makes all the difference.

Don’t get me wrong- you want a fairly tart, limey sour, SeaQuench has you covered.

Mother Earth Mojito has a better nose (fresh lime and mint compared to a fairly nondescript SeaQuench) and the mint is just a nice little lift that softens the beer.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Hoppyum vs. Jade. Who you got?
    I'm also going with Jade on Draft.

We had dinner at Foothills tonight on 4th St.

Jade IPA - Foothills - 7.4 % ABV - 86 IBU - on draft

"bold, citrusy Pacific Jade hops lend striking tropical fruit notes and a hint of peppery finish to this easy drinking IPA. Dry hop additions of Chinook and Citra add heady aroma and bold flavor."

Pour is golden, dark yellow with thick, lacy, aromatic head that waits a while. It smells tropical pineapple, piney, and like orange peel.

This beer is much better than its components sound like they should be. I didn't think I liked Chinook. This beer is drinkable, smoooth, and just beautifully balanced. The mouthfeel is thick, full and oily. But it's uber refreshing. The slightly bitter finish and after-taste is not at all off-putting.

It kills me to say this, because I like to think I'm a tough rater. But this was Fuse Catgory 3. I was blown away how good this was for it's style. At the brewery maybe I got this thing so fresh they maybe made it today. They were busy on a Monday, so I'm guessing these kegs turn over fast. And it's not Zillacoah atmosphere (safe to assume, never been there) or Bhavana gourmet. But it's Good bar-food. Their ketchup was completely home-made. My wife got a pear arugula salad that was pretty good. I got the chef's 3 pulled chicken, guac tacos with fresh sweet potato fries half-off for $6.

I've found Foothills beer to be hit or miss. But when they hit they make some outstanding beer.

Who ya got?

Mother Earth takes the victory, simply on the basis of a more complex and complete beer.

Don’t get me wrong- you want a fairly tart, limey sour, SeaQuench has you covered.

Mother Earth Mojito has a better nose (fresh lime and mint compared to a fairly nondescript SeaQuench) and the mint is just a nice little lift that softens the beer.

What do you think?
    +1 for Mother Earth Mojito!

Who ya got?

What do you think?
    Very interesting comparison. I'll guess it's been 2 years since I had a Sea Quench. If you have any left, I'd be curious what this would taste like if you muddled a couple mint leaves in a ramekin (as you would to make a Mint Julep) and then added them to your Sea Quench.

I'm also going with Jade on Draft.

We had dinner at Foothills tonight on 4th St.

Jade IPA - Foothills - 7.4 % ABV - 86 IBU - on draft

"bold, citrusy Pacific Jade hops lend striking tropical fruit notes and a hint of peppery finish to this easy drinking IPA. Dry hop additions of Chinook and Citra add heady aroma and bold flavor."

Pour is golden, dark yellow with thick, lacy, aromatic head that waits a while. It smells tropical pineapple, piney, and like orange peel.

This beer is much better than its components sound like they should be. I didn't think I liked Chinook. This beer is drinkable, smoooth, and just beautifully balanced. The mouthfeel is thick, full and oily. But it's uber refreshing. The slightly bitter finish and after-taste is not at all off-putting.

It kills me to say this, because I like to think I'm a tough rater. But this was Fuse Catgory 3. I was blown away how good this was for it's style. At the brewery maybe I got this thing so fresh they maybe made it today. They were busy on a Monday, so I'm guessing these kegs turn over fast. And it's not Zillacoah atmosphere (safe to assume, never been there) or Bhavana gourmet. But it's Good bar-food. Their ketchup was completely home-made. My wife got a pear arugula salad that was pretty good. I got the chef's 3 pulled chicken, guac tacos with fresh sweet potato fries half-off for $6.

I've found Foothills beer to be hit or miss. But when they hit they make some outstanding beer.
    The Citra hops are enticing but the Chinook hops might/would have have down-graded this for me. Never had Jade on draft and I'd never call the bottled Jade a Cat 3. Might be worth re-visiting...

Nice review.

Raptorial - Craft Hoppiness Project - Hazy IPA - Foothills draft - 5.8 % ABV - 54 IBU - brewed with 5 different hops, triple dry hopped with Citra and Simcoe

Again this beer was much better than I expected. Fuse Category 2, not as good as the Jade but great beer. It was straw colored, I wouldn't go so far as to say hazy. It smelled very tropical with some citrus - nice aroma. It was light, smooth hops, not bitter; with a little more citrus and tropical flavor persisting. Clean mouthfeel. The finish is dry.

Raptorial - Craft Hoppiness Project - Hazy IPA - Foothills draft - 5.8 % ABV - 54 IBU - brewed with 5 different hops, triple dry hopped with Citra and Simcoe

Again this beer was much better than I expected. Fuse Category 2, not as good as the Jade but great beer. It was straw colored, I wouldn't go so far as to say hazy. It smelled very tropical with some citrus - nice aroma. It was light, smooth hops, not bitter; with a little more citrus and tropical flavor persisting. Clean mouthfeel. The finish is dry.
    Hmmm, this is on draft at Bottle Revolution. Perhaps I should sample tomorrow before a meet-up/beer trading session with fuse at Bond Brothers. (Nah, not a good idea, but, worth a thought at least .)

I couldn't find a month or date for this article but thought it was an interesting read as I had a NEIIPA last PM with Enigma and Vic Secret hops.

https://draftmag.com/new-experimental-hops-beer-2017/

Hoping Bond Brothers has an adequate beer supply for the evening...

Bond Brothers did indeed had an ample supply of drafts for an always fun meet-up with fuse, made even more delightful this time because the lovely and vivacious Love Ninja joined us! More later.

Hoping Bond Brothers has an adequate beer supply for the evening...
    Feeling confident Bond Brothers had more than enough for the three of us, and then some 😀

Here is a reason why I love the beer community.

Walking back from picking up my four pack of AMB Yosef at devildeac’s car, a couple with a child in a stroller notice the four pack I am carrying.

“Oooh, where did you get that?”, the woman asks.

“Just picked up this four pack from a friend who got it for me in Boone,” was my reply. “You want one?”

“Yes, I am an App State grad,” is what I get in return.

So I crack one of the four pack out and hand it to her.

I feel VERY fortunate to participate in the pay it forward life.

Devildeac, thanks for creating the opportunity.

Will review one of the remaining three soon.

No Bond Brothers beer review beyond it is always a good time to hang with devildeac and shoot the breeze on life, the universe, and everything.
    🍻🍻🍻