Page 1052 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 52552952100210421050105110521053105410621102115215522052 ... LastLast
Results 21,021 to 21,040 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Here's hoping this is epic.

Haw River released a 4 pack of 16oz cans called White, Green, Red, and Smoke as "Tasseography".
    Haw River is a bit notorious in my mind for poor website and info on their beer in general.

The base beer is the same "rustic saison".

White - white tea peony and white peppercorn
    Green - gunpowder green tea and green peppercorn
    Red- red roiboos tea and sichuan red peppercorn
    Smoke - smoked lapsang souchong and smoked peppercorns

Visually, White and Green are similar/identical.
    Red looks like an amber/red ale like Killians.
    Smoke is just a shade deeper gold than White or Green.

The nose on white and green are very saison-y- mild funky grassy hay.
    Red's nose is spicy.
    Smoke's nose is, as expected, smoky.

White tastes like a fairly straightforward saison, with maybe a hint of unexpected sweetness.

Green the peppercorn is pronounced, adding a nice twist to the bevy of saison goodness.

Red's flavour is unusual- there is some sweetness, but the sichuan pepper adds a mild heat. Nothing unpleasant. If you are not familiar with how rooibos tea tastes, you’ll be in for a treat as it becomes more prevalent as the beer warms.
    The heat is not particularly subtle as an aftertaste. A really intriguing beer that stands alone nicely, also would pair with a variety of food.

Smoke might be the perfect beer to pair with NC barbeque. The nose is a slow burning coal grille, and the smoke is the dominant flavour in the beer. This is a beer that cries out for food. Enjoyable on its own nonetheless.

A 64oz tasting is no joke, and I am grateful for the Love Ninja's involvement.

Haw River makes amazing beer, and the Tasseography project is no exception.
    Attachment 9697
    Attachment 9698
    Great stuff!

Brings a huge smile to my face as fuse traded another 4 pack of this assortment to me last month for a Veil assortment and he's included "players and/or cash" to be named later.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Great stuff!

Brings a huge smile to my face as fuse traded another 4 pack of this assortment to me last month for a Veil assortment and he's included "players and/or cash" to be named later.
    The great news is the complexity and differentiation only increases as the beers warm.

The cans foamed up a bit on opening (no overflow), and I’d highly recommend a pour and fifteen minute wait to let the beer really shine.

We’re still sipping through all four as I type this.

Also, these beers are labeled as 5.5-5.8% ABV.
    I think they present much stronger (in terms of impact over time). I don’t really believe these are <6% beers.
    Last edited by fuse; 08-19-2019 at 06:11 PM.

I think this means Mother Earth is in the hard seltzer business:

http://sercyspiked.com/about/

I think this means Mother Earth is in the hard seltzer business:

http://sercyspiked.com/about/
    Address is very, very close to MEB.

Post-Gose Day gose:

Gonzo Gose-Orono Brewing Company in collaboration with Novare Res

Another Maine beer included from fuse's recent beer-cation. Delicious! Many thanks again!

The contents of this pint can was equally divided and sipped over 30 minutes Sunday evening from a standard pint vessel.

Appearance was slightly cloudy with a light gold-reddish-blue with a thin, fizzy head. Mostly lime and salt up front scents and tastes with the berry flavors appearing a bit later in each sip and finishing with mild brine and more tart/sour lemon-lime and berry. Typical IBUs, thinking 5-10 here and they inform the consumer of the 5.2% ABV very clearly on their bright red label with navy, lime and blueberry playing supporting roles. Easily Cat 2 and would recommend highly.

Rewind Lager-Birdsong Brewing Company

PKGD 05.29.19 19:10:50
    8CrispyBoiz

Pint can included in my August beer club 4 pack.

Very slightly cloudy, pale yellow pour with a smallish, foamy head. Smells like the good Czech pilsner they tried to brew based on the "story" on the can. Tastes match up with their intent, too, with very mild floral bitterness, lightly toasted grains and hints of light brown sugar. IBUs are 22 and the ABV is 4%, both a bit low for pilsners but still in range. I did mow the lawn tonight and take a long, hot, humid walk and this was a pleasant, light-bodied brew that helped quench my thirst. I could also imagine this with a turkey and Muenster sammich on whole wheat toast with some fresh lettuce and tomato and a bit of mayo. Nothing outstanding here but well done for the style so a fuse Cat 2.

Lager it is:

New Zealand Adventure - Casita Cerveceria - 4.6 % ABV - Lager

It starts with mild, mellow hops which Untapped tells me are Nelson and Motueka.

It's very malty and biscuit flavor. Smooth, clean mouthfeel. It's a good lager. Fuse Category 2. If you like lager you'll like this - Casita makes great beer.

I've had that Birdsong Rewind and actually liked the Birdsong a little better. But this one is good.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Gose Day Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub - 8.17.2019

Hurricane Gose - Hi Wire Brewing - 6% ABV - "Collaboration with Urban South - tart wheat ale brewed with passion fruit, cherries, orange, & pineapple"

The pour looks good - a little like diluted cran-apple juice. It smells like fruit punch.

It also tastes like diluted fruit punch with a light, carbonated mouthfeel. This one was too fruity for me. I don't think the light sour and fruit balanced just right. Fuse category 1 for me.

But, I agree with fuse. Comparisons are more fun. Another review of this beer will follow...
    I had to get this one into the game tonight.

Hurricane Gose-HiWire Brewing in collaboration with Urban South Brewing

Packaged 07/19/19

RJ199 has it pretty much covered with his Gose Day review. I'm going to rate it a bit higher at a fuse Cat 2 because I think it compared fairly well with the Superman Punch gose I had Saturday because (IIRC), fuse recalled from his travels that it was brewed with Koolaid and the Hurricane Gose was brewed with passion fruit, cherries, orange and pineapple and tasted like a real juicy fruit punch instead of Koolaid or Hawaiian Punch. There's very little salt tasted here. I'm happy with the $3.50 for the pint can at about 5 IBUs and 6% ABV and I'd gladly buy another pint or draft and share with someone but certainly would not buy a 4 pack of this.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Lager it is:

New Zealand Adventure - Casita Cerveceria - 4.6 % ABV - Lager

It starts with mild, mellow hops which Untapped tells me are Nelson and Motueka.

It's very malty and biscuit flavor. Smooth, clean mouthfeel. It's a good lager. Fuse Category 2. If you like lager you'll like this - Casita makes great beer.

I've had that Birdsong Rewind and actually liked the Birdsong a little better. But this one is good.
    Good stuff. I'd certainly buy a draft or can of that based on your review, especially with the almost unbearable NC weather again this week.

Those are somewhat unusual hops for a lager but Casita Cerveceria does indeed brew some really good beers and it makes sense with the name of the beer/lager to use those particular hops.

The FIBA thread has descended into a Fosters discussion which took me down an internet rabbit hole that landed me at a beer nationality/geography quiz. Only 20 questions so considering just about every country has its own national beer, a bit limited.

I suggest a beer for each wrong answer or each right answer or a participation beer for each answer...

...did okay, 15/20.

Had the Bond Brothers berliner weisse tonight that is modeled after an Arnold Palmer (half iced tea, half lemonade).

It sure looked the part.

Subtle lemon, not sure I can say the “half tea” part came through clearly.

A typically tasty Bond Brothers brew!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The FIBA thread has descended into a Fosters discussion which took me down an internet rabbit hole that landed me at a beer nationality/geography quiz. Only 20 questions so considering just about every country has its own national beer, a bit limited.

I suggest a beer for each wrong answer or each right answer or a participation beer for each answer...

...did okay, 15/20.
    Many threads here descend (disintegrate? ) into punfests (guilty, your honor ) minute or beer discussions. (lol)

Nice find.

I'm having a Sycamore Psychedelic IPA right now so will take that quiz shortly and report back-wiser and more lubricated .

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

...did okay, 15/20.
    13/20 for me. I made one stupid mistake.

I'm not worthy .

Had the Bond Brothers berliner weisse tonight that is modeled after an Arnold Palmer (half iced tea, half lemonade).

It sure looked the part.

Subtle lemon, not sure I can say the “half tea” part came through clearly.

A typically tasty Bond Brothers brew!

Just got invited to a wedding on October 13 and they're having a "meet the couple" reception at Bond Brothers on October 12. Will have to see if I can have "on call" coverage for a few hours that evening...

Psychedelic Flow-Sycamore Brewing Company

Drink (sort of) local! (Charlotte)

Pint can from my August beer club 4 bagger.

Pour was a mildly hazy, sunshine golden-yellow with a foamy/creamy head. There are no additives but this smells peachy and mango-y with a bit of dankness. I guess I'll plug this into the standard IPA slot as it's not west vs east coast nor is it a NE or milkshake IPA. Tongue-tinglers include peach, mango, tangerine, rind, pine and honey. I'll guess 60 IBUs and the ABV is 6.9%. Very good IPA that I'd not decline if offered. Certainly worth a try. Fuse Cat 2.

Charlotte with quite the assortment of breweries now:

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=bre...harlotte%2C+NC

I need a ymm, beer right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I need a ymm, beer right now.
    Which one? We have a lot of them...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Which one? We have a lot of them...

Right now? All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Right now? All of them.
    In other news, checking out a newish brewery this weekend. I may or may not provide reviews