Page 1049 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4954994999910391047104810491050105110591099114915492049 ... LastLast
Results 20,961 to 20,980 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ha! Another one I bought a single of last week and will be another game time decision in another hour or so.

When is last call?
    Last call for me will be traditional 2 am, statewide in NC. I'll be up watching UFC until well after midnight. I highly recommend flipping over and at least watching the Sandhagen-Assuncao fight. It's free on regular ESPN, but it's a fight that could easily be on the Pay-Per-View Card. Dana White always puts a fight like that on the prelims to try to get people excited enough to buy the PPV. Sandhagen is almost always exciting to watch. Assuncao is probably better, a tough, highly skilled Brazilian jiu-jitsu expert. I'll try to give a heads up before that one.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    You know what was an impressive find? After those pictures you posted of the filled, Krispy Kreme doughnuts I went by there today and got those chocolate lover's Reese's peanut butter doughnuts. Warmed it up in microwave for 8 seconds. Jenn's review of that one would be more positive. Yum
    A patient delivered a mixed dozen of those after his visit Friday AM after we gave him a glazed doughnut from Anne's Donuts and Bakery in Rocky Mount after we found out he had lost 10 pounds since his last visit.

Shameless, indeed.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Gose Day Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub - 8.17.2019

Never Never Found Found

Double mango and Double red papaya gose

Pours thick and opaque, almost like a papaya coloured milkshake.
    No head.

Can’t really describe the smell, if there is one.

A bit like alcoholic papaya juice. Really thick.
    Super sediment-y.

I’m guessing my palate is a bit shot at this point.
    I don’t think this is a bad beer, I don’t trust what I am tasting.

Glad devildeac brought me one of these.
    Oops, this was a Veil brew I thought you'd really like. Perhaps it is a wrecked palate by this time of day.

Gose Day Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub - 8.17.2019

Sycamore Luau Lemonade gose

Pineapple nose, very light gold in the glass.

Metallic salty finish following an opening of pineapple and mango.
    The can pictures a hibiscus flower and while I don’t taste it directly, I attribute some of the metallic tastes as a bit of floral 🤔

After tasting this, I think perhaps the Veil Never Never Found Found can may have just been an unfortunate dud.

richardjackson199, thanks for being a gracious host of gose day in the virtual pub!

Cheers all! 🍻

Gose Day Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub, hosted by RJ199

Superman Punch-Barreled Souls (Saco, ME)

Undated pint can from fuse's beer-cation last month-thanks!!

Three were sharing again, watching the sunset behind Grandfather Mountain from our daughter's cabin in the NC mountains.

Hot pink beer? Again? Yep, and darned pretty, too. A vigorous pour once again brought forth a fizzy, pin, short-lived head. Stuff tasted like Hawaiian Punch or tropical Koolaid with a pinch of salt and a shot of grain alcohol. Minimal bitterness with the 5 IBUs my standard guess for the day. ABV was 4.9%. If I ever bet and won a fruit pie, this might pair nicely with it.

Gose Day Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub, 8/17/2019

Margarita Gose - NoDa Brewing - 4 % ABV

From the can - "kettle soured to give a clean tartness and fermented on lime juice and tangerine puree to mimic flavors found in the classic Margarita. We add salt to the end of the boil so you don't have to add it to the rim of this can... and because it's a Gose"

The pour is murky and golden. It smells salty and limey. It tastes like a margarita with a sea salt finish. I taste more lime than tangerine. Mouthfeel is moderately carbonated. It's very refreshing. Fuse category 2.

I'm impressed with your gose finds above. I've got some catching up to do. And thanks for the pumpkin beer and Oktoberfest recs!

Cheers and good times!
    This was my 2nd gose today. I like it almost (but not quite) as much as Bright [Tushy] Tanktop.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Gose Day Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub, 8.17.2019

Lemon Cucumber Gose - Westbrook - 4 % ABV - 5 IBU - "Our classic gose infused with lemon and cucumber"

Goodness this is an interesting beer! It's intense. I could see someone easily rating this a fuse category 3 or a fuse category 1, depending on what they like.

The pour is a clear, straw-yellow. It smells like refreshing cucumber and lemons. It tastes like lemon-head tartness nicely cutting through freshly sliced cucumbers. The light saltiness makes the cucumbers taste like pickles. Then the finish actually tastes like a jalapeno (without any spicy heat). There are no jalapenos in the beer as far as I know, but it has that taste. I think this beer is well executed. If you love fresh cucumbers you should try it. If you don't like cucumbers in beer, definitely you would not like it. I would call it more intense and interesting than refreshing. But I enjoyed it - Fuse Category 2 for me.
    One of Westbrook’s best, with maybe only the Key Lime being better.

Nobody else could possibly have this one unless you're in Boone this weekend:

South Fork Grapefruit Gose (draft)-Booneshine Brewing Company

Pint pour for on a $3 official grand opening special and shared with older daughter and her husband.

Slightly cloudy, light orange-yellow pour with a thin, fizzy head that disappeared as quickly as a "u"nc athlete when someone said, "Class time!"

Mild brine aromas with subtle grapefruit interwoven. Bubbly on the tongue with light lemon and salt flavors, followed by essence of grapefruit. Mild tartness and sourness present, too. This wasn't brewed with juice, rind or pith but rather with the addition of a small amount of grapefruit oil, which allowed the taste to linger on the palate. IBUs at 5 and the ABV was 4.5%. Of the 3 we've had so far today, this was everyone's favorite and made an enjoyable pre-dinner sipper.
    Gose Day Ymm Beer, Virtual Pub - 8.17.2019 - South Fork Grapefruit Gose Can - Booneshine Brewing

The pour looks identical to the NoDa Margarita I had earlier. It smells just as dd described. I agree with all of devildeac's review on this. Best gose I've had today, and I've had some very good ones. From the can - "Brewed with Carolina Malt Pils, white wheat, grapefruit puree, grapefruit oil, and yeast." I've never heard of grapefruit oil, but it works beautifully with this gose. This is really nice. I'm rating it Fuse Category 3, because they nailed it for this gose style. Props to Booneshine. Like the can says, this is very refreshing and would be perfect to sip in a tube while floating down the New River. Cheers!

And the Sandhagen - Assuncao fight is next on regular ESPN.

Gose rankings which are unfair/biased based on tasting order 😀

Hi-wire Citra Gose - star of the show

Destihl Pina Colada - surprise hit

R&D passionfruit

Upland 2 of tarts - how did the 2018 GABF gold drop so low? This was a good beer.

Sycamore Luau Lemonade - high finish considering it was the cleanup batter.

AV Cherry - thought this would have finished higher up the list. Good not great.

Glass Jug Pina Colada Pi - had potential to be a top two or three if it were not oxidized.

Never Never Found Found - Has to be an outlier for Veil. If I had expected alcoholic papaya gazpacho, maybe I would have felt differently.

Really the top four were highly enjoyable.
    The next two were good, and worth drinking.
    The final two for me under normal circumstances would be beers to skip in the future, that I will be open to trying again and hoping for better.

Piña Colada Gose-Destihl Brewery

B1022 11:38
    05/17/19

This was another 12 ounce can shared among 3 of us and we were still watching the sunset.

Pineapple-yellow color and the typical head. It does indeed smell and taste like the cocktail with a bit of spice (coriander) and a pinch of salt. Pineapple and coconut milk battle for first lead here with no creaminess that I might expect from the real cocktail. Mildly sour/tart with minimal bitterness, guessing IBUs of <10. The ABV is a shade higher than all the others, rolling in at 5.7%. Grill me some shrimp and scallops with this beer-cocktail.

One of Westbrook’s best, with maybe only the Key Lime being better.
    Totally agree with this. Westbrook's Key Lime Gose is outstanding.

Gose Day Ymm Beer, Virtual Pub - 8.17.2019 - South Fork Grapefruit Gose Can - Booneshine Brewing

The pour looks identical to the NoDa Margarita I had earlier. It smells just as dd described. I agree with all of devildeac's review on this. Best gose I've had today, and I've had some very good ones. From the can - "Brewed with Carolina Malt Pils, white wheat, grapefruit puree, grapefruit oil, and yeast." I've never heard of grapefruit oil, but it works beautifully with this gose. This is really nice. I'm rating it Fuse Category 3, because they nailed it for this gose style. Props to Booneshine. Like the can says, this is very refreshing and would be perfect to sip in a tube while floating down the New River. Cheers!

Going to suggest you look for Shofferhofer Grapefruit Hefeweizen, and Steigl Grapefruit (which I think also comes in lemon “Limon”, also excellent). Both are low ABV radler style beers mixing fruit juice and beer that are very refreshing.

Technically, the South Fork of the New River, which, BTW, we will be doing tomorrow.

It's interesting that the description at the brewery this afternoon did not mention grapefruit puree so you got more info on the can than the tap list revealed.

Gose Day Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub, 8/17/2019

Margarita Gose - NoDa Brewing - 4 % ABV

From the can - "kettle soured to give a clean tartness and fermented on lime juice and tangerine puree to mimic flavors found in the classic Margarita. We add salt to the end of the boil so you don't have to add it to the rim of this can... and because it's a Gose"

The pour is murky and golden. It smells salty and limey. It tastes like a margarita with a sea salt finish. I taste more lime than tangerine. Mouthfeel is moderately carbonated. It's very refreshing. Fuse category 2.

I'm impressed with your gose finds above. I've got some catching up to do. And thanks for the pumpkin beer and Oktoberfest recs!

Cheers and good times!

Margarita Gose-NoDa Brewing Company

#SHOWYOURCANS
    07/03/19 1:34
    Batch #1018

As fuse suggested, a comparison is always fun/interesting.

Pint can for $3.50 and shared 3 ways.

My nasal sensors perceived more lime than tangerine and the palate told me lots of lime to start with the finish being sweet tangerine/orange. I was surprised to read/find tangerine as an adjunct. Otherwise, RJ199's above review is quite comprehensive.

Superman Punch-Barreled Souls (Saco, ME)

Undated pint can from fuse's beer-cation last month-thanks!!

Three were sharing again, watching the sunset behind Grandfather Mountain from our daughter's cabin in the NC mountains.

Hot pink beer? Again? Yep, and darned pretty, too. A vigorous pour once again brought forth a fizzy, pin, short-lived head. Stuff tasted like Hawaiian Punch or tropical Koolaid with a pinch of salt and a shot of grain alcohol. Minimal bitterness with the 5 IBUs my standard guess for the day. ABV was 4.9%. If I ever bet and won a fruit pie, this might pair nicely with it.
    After having it on draft in Maine, I couldn’t resist bringing one back. Glad you enjoyed it.

Jenn's review of this same Booneshine grapefruit beer for a 3-way comparison:

It didn't have much of a distinct smell. It also didn't have a distinct flavor, but not in a bad way. It was what I would consider refreshing (as far as beers go anyway, which I don't personally consider refreshing, but I would drink it if I was stranded in a desert) and it had a subtle sparkle to it (not as carbonated-y as a soda, just enough for you to notice). Overall impression: not bad. Fuse category 2.

Gose rankings which are unfair/biased based on tasting order 😀

Hi-wire Citra Gose - star of the show

Destihl Pina Colada - surprise hit

R&D passionfruit

Upland 2 of tarts - how did the 2018 GABF gold drop so low? This was a good beer.

Sycamore Luau Lemonade - high finish considering it was the cleanup batter.

AV Cherry - thought this would have finished higher up the list. Good not great.

Glass Jug Pina Colada Pi - had potential to be a top two or three if it were not oxidized.

Never Never Found Found - Has to be an outlier for Veil. If I had expected alcoholic papaya gazpacho, maybe I would have felt differently.

Really the top four were highly enjoyable.
    The next two were good, and worth drinking.
    The final two for me under normal circumstances would be beers to skip in the future, that I will be open to trying again and hoping for better.
    I'm polling the participants and will try to assemble comprehensive ratings in the AM. We're stopping after waaaay too many ounces of beer today as we also shared several other non-gose pints (palate cleansers ) at Boonshine Brewery, too. Gose total was six.

Going to suggest you look for Shofferhofer Grapefruit Hefeweizen, and Steigl Grapefruit (which I think also comes in lemon “Limon”, also excellent). Both are low ABV radler style beers mixing fruit juice and beer that are very refreshing.
    Will do! I'd especially love to taste a good Hefe

Jenn's review of this same Booneshine grapefruit beer for a 3-way comparison:

It didn't have much of a distinct smell. It also didn't have a distinct flavor, but not in a bad way. It was what I would consider refreshing (as far as beers go anyway, which I don't personally consider refreshing, but I would drink it if I was stranded in a desert) and it had a subtle sparkle to it (not as carbonated-y as a soda, just enough for you to notice). Overall impression: not bad. Fuse category 2.

She still needs a screen name. Last time I checked, Beer Goddess was not taken...

Here's one they didn't have on the menu but have featured in their taproom in the past:

"Hef-You

A deliciously refreshing unfiltered Bavarian style Hefeweizen."

I kid you not. Interesting name.
    Will do! I'd especially love to taste a good Hefe
    ^^^^One of my favorite names from Fiddlehead Brewing Company in VT.