Page 1032 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 3253293298210221030103110321033103410421082113215322032 ... LastLast
Results 20,621 to 20,640 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Trophy Millions of Peaches

A peach berliner weisse that was enjoyed with none other than devildeac.

Very nice.

I also had a NEIPA (one of three on the draft list) that was just ok.

I’m starting to put Trophy in the I’ll enjoy one when I have the chance, and they are not brewing good enough beer for me to be really excited about buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Trophy Millions of Peaches

A peach berliner weisse that was enjoyed with none other than devildeac.

Very nice.

I also had a NEIPA (one of three on the draft list) that was just ok.

I’m starting to put Trophy in the I’ll enjoy one when I have the chance, and they are not brewing good enough beer for me to be really excited about buying them.
    Ha! I was tepid about their draft selections yesterday and came to about the same conclusion after my flight: 4 good choices (their selections for the sampler, not mine) but none quite as tasty as I've had in the past with Milky Way, Tiniest Giant, Heavyweight Champ, King of Boggle and a few others come to mind. I bought a 4 pack of Up Close & Personal w/Robin Leach, yet another NEIPA this weekend. Hope it's better than the Crown of the Metropolis and Software Glitch that were on my flight.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    You're stopping by Maine on your way to Jacksonville? Stop by Portland and hit up Allagash and stop by Newcastle for Oxbow. Shouldn't be too out of your way.

I know, I know you're stopping by Mother Earth in Kinston. I really liked their Berliner Weisse mojito by itself as a little dessert beer along with the blueberry lemon berlinerweisse. Goes great with that berry pie!

fuse and devildeac I'm sure can recommend more. That brewery has a strong reputation whatever you get
    Ha! That pie was delicious, thanks again. Can't wait to win another!

AB Buys Another Craft Brewer

https://thetakeout.com/anheuser-busc...ery-1837028944

Platform Beer Co out of Ohio. Not familiar with them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by davec View Post

I’ve been the beneficiary of a few beers from Platform via devildeac.

The ones I had, I recall as pretty spectacular.

Be interesting to see how quickly Platform shows up locally. Anecdotally, I understand the once impossible to get hold of Wicked Weed is now found easily across the country.

Be interesting to see how quickly Platform shows up locally. Anecdotally, I understand the once impossible to get hold of Wicked Weed is now found easily across the country.
    You have indeed been included in the delivery of some Platform beverages. I wouldn't say spectacular but they have all been very good to excellent. I'll do a bit of research after work to see which ones they might have been.

Since InBev bought them, I have seen them everywhere this summer. I wish I could find Green Man's porter here in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by davec View Post

Sad find, davec, but thanks for sharing. They have two locations, one in Cleveland and the other in Columbus; Ohio that is, not the smaller, nicer, friendlier Columbus in a neighboring state .

As fuse posted, I've delivered several different Platform brews to him that were selected by our son who lives in the "other" Columbus.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    Since InBev bought them, I have seen them everywhere this summer. I wish I could find Green Man's porter here in Florida.
    Man, the folks in Asheville might be inconsolable if InBev bought Green Man.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Dessert buffet

Torte-Platform Brewing Company

Yes, indeed, as suggested by Beermeister fuse, I assembled this pairing last PM and it was a delight.

Take one thick slice of pound cake and slice into two thinner slices. Smother with fresh NC strawberries and then smother again with several scoops of Häagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean ice cream (or your favorite vanilla ice cream or whipped cream) and savor your fork/spoonfuls of this delicious dessert and wash it down with an imperial milk amber (?) almond torte hand-crafted malt beverage.

Fuse agreed to accept full blame, err, credit, if anyone else tries a similar pairing.
    ^^This'll start the list of Platform Brewing brews we've enjoyed.

Shanghai Noon-Platform Beer Company

Brewed (and packaged ) by, wait for it, Platform Beer Company. Why mention this? Because their Lawlessness Stout is brewed/packaged by Gypsy Brewing.

Fuse mentioned he had his 16 ounce can tonight so I thought it'd make a good pairing with a Caesar salad tonight and it did. It's a gose so the pour was light gold with a thin head that disappeared quite quickly. Salty, yet mildly fruity nose. Tastes of salt, a bit of stone fruit, some lemon-lime soda and a hint of spiciness. I'm guessing this was a "one-off" as the can has a 12 kettle series near the top and I think I read somewhere they're brewing 12 different sours over ??? different months. I guess I'd pair this with some grilled salmon or boiled shrimp in addition to my salad pairing above. The ingredients/stats as listed on the can:

Malts: Pilsner, Pale Wheat, Vienna and wheat flakes
    Hops: Saaz
    Yeast: American Ale
    Adjuncts: prickly pear, lychee, natural sea salt
    IBU: 4.3 (no typo)
    ABV: 4.2% (no typo)

Think about it. The IBU nearly = the ABV. I'm not sure that occurs anywhere else other than the GABF category of "adjunct American lagers."
    Second on the list in no particular order.

Lawlessness-Platform Beer Company

Brewed and packaged by The Gypsy Brewery in Cleveland, OH.

I'm not aware of many folks anymore who do contract brewing but I've found one now. Platform has locations in Columbus and Cleveland and this 12 ounce can was delivered last weekend by our son from Columbus and is greatly appreciated. Hope fuse enjoys his 3 (?) cans, too.

Pour was a dark, dark brown with a 1 finger head. The expected porter scents arose from my pint glass and were mirrored byt the tastes. They included heavily roasted grains, cocoa and coffee. The somewhat unexpected flavor was smoked wood and, after reading the ingredients on the can, I now know why. I'll include them at the end of the post. IBUs found on Untapped at 34 and the ABV on the can is 6.25%, both about as anticipated. This would pair nicely with smoked/grilled beef, pork or chicken or with a chocolate caramel brownie. I'd also be intrigued comparing this in a side-by-side with Smoke on the Porter from New Glarus.

Ingredients copied from the can:

Malt: 2 Row, Munich II, Chocolate, Beech Smoked Barley (ah-ha!), Special B and Victory
    Hops: Northern Brewer, East Kent Goldings and Fuggle (the last 2 are typically British varieties, IIRC)
    Yeast: San Diego (not sure what this actually means )

So, if you're in O-HI-O, grab a can/pint draft of a Platform brew and let us know what you think.
    Here's the 3rd and final Platform beer that the search feature revealed.

That's great stuff.

Flight at Trophy last PM (all 5 ounce pours, I think) with the esteemed fuse:

Lead off hitter:

Trophy Wife (the liquid kind)-Trophy Brewing Company

session IPA; their signature beer

Light, clear gold color with a small head. Scents and tastes of Tropicana Light OJ with some rind and hints of pine. I'll guess IBUs about 40 to accompany the ABV of 4.9%. Would be fun to do a head-to-head with Founders All Day IPA and some other similar brews. Fuse Cat 2; not a replacement for Mrs. dd who is way off the top end of the fuse scale

Second batter:

Crown of the Metropolis (draft)-Trophy Brewing Company

NEIPA

Hazy yellow, as expected with a small head. Also expected were the aromas of pineapple, grapefruit and maybe some guava that matched the tastes with mild citrus bitterness. I'll guess IBUs about 50. ABV on the beer sheet was 6.4%. Nothing distinguishing here, barely making a Cat 2 rating. Worth a sample but happy not to have bought a 4 bagger of this at Total Wine on Sunday and hoping the one I chose ends up better.

Two Lights - Allagash Brewing - 6.7% ABV - Italian grape ale

"An ode to cold beer and sparkling wine" this tastes like a stock Allagash Belgian to me with tasty Sauvignon Blanc must - "the freshly pressed juice of the grapes". "Then we ferment it with both lager and champagne yeast to create a tart, crisp, and dry profile. The finished beer's aromas of pear, grape, and light hops pair with a flavor profile that's a mix of tropical fruit and the snappy spritz of a freshly picked grape. We suggest sipping 2 Lights by a water source that's too big to see across."

It's a nice little refreshing beer, maybe a little dry for me. But I'm not someone who would usually ever order a Sauvignon Blanc. I don't love champagne either (but I'm sure I rarely if ever taste the good stuff). My wife would, and she could taste the Sauv blanc. I think it's well done, especially if you love white wine, saisons, and Belgians. I didn't really smell the pear they mentioned. It does have a bubbly, carbonated mouthfeel from the champagne yeast- just right, not excessive, like a thin champagne. I'd rate it Fuse Category 2 - I'm glad I enjoyed 1 bottle and not the 4 pack, but it's a very good beer.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    So how about a Fuse Category 3 - the really really good one:
    I'm embarrassed to say tonight is the first time I've tried this, but I loved it. Thanks to fuse for the rec and direction here!

White - Allagash Brewing - 5.2 % ABV - 13 IBU
    It almost makes me angry that Untapped rates this 3.76 average - um no. Much much better. But then I remember fuse is right, different strokes for different folks; me certainly included.
    Wheat, coriander, and Curacao orange peel in such a beautiful, light Belgian. I don't think Belgians get much better, but I probably haven't had enough to say that. It's more smooth and drinkable than Belgians often are for me (I'm used to more sippers). It smells like bananas and slight clove. I love the Coriander spice balanced perfectly with the orange. Rousing the yeast per the bottle instructions was a great call. It's crisp, light, and nicely carbonated. The finish is delicious wheat and orange.
    Overall Fuse Category 3. Yumm. I think Stella told me that over 70% of the beer Allagash sells is this beer. They make many amazing beers, but this is certainly one of them.
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 08-07-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Ha! That pie was delicious, thanks again. Can't wait to win another!
    It was a fun bet. Whether you win the next one or I do, I'd recommend that dark chocolate cherry ganache. I've lined up several beers to pair with it, and will probably have 99 bottles of beer on the wall before I win another pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    That may be a *little* harsh, but oh well.

This is a peach/apricot Berliner weisse. Pours a beautiful hazy gold. Medium white head. Citrus on the nose, and solid apricot on the palate. Not too much peach. Nice tartness, and really refreshing. Great summer beer. 5.5% ABV.
    Death to Kettle Sours Peach Apricot Berliner Weisse - Incendiary - 5.5 % ABV
    Enjoying this beer right now. Thanks for the rec Tripping Billy!

This is good stuff. What Tripping William said. It's a very nice peach/apricot Berliner Weisse. I can smell the citrus, peach, and apricot. None of these fruit flavors are too much, but they are nicely balanced. Well done Incendiary - this is a great berliner weisse beer! To pick one nit, I don't think they got the finish/after-taste quite right. Fuse category 2. Yum
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 08-07-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Death to Kettle Sours - Incendiary - 5.5 % ABV
    Enjoying this beer right now. Thanks for the rec Tripping Billy!

This is good stuff. What Tripping William said. It's a very nice peach/apricot Berliner Weisse. I can smell the citrus, peach, and apricot. None of these fruit flavors are too much, but they are nicely balanced. Well done Incendiary - this is a great berliner weisse beer! To pick one nit, I don't think they got the finish/after-taste right. Fuse category 2. Yum
    Drink & be merry!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."