Page 1031 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 3153193198110211029103010311032103310411081113115312031 ... LastLast
Results 20,601 to 20,620 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    No I rated the Oxbow 4.5 on Untapped. The fresh apricot balance with the strong apple sour was just perfect. I thought it was a blow-you-away great beer. Those apricots pop, and your sniffer won't miss them.
    Ahh, now I see that you had flipped Cat 1 and Cat 3 from a post late yesterday. Totally understood now.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Rather productive stop at Total Wine early yesterday afternoon armed with my 10% off coupon, adding several new and perhaps unusual 4 packs of pint cans of local/NC products but highlighted by finding $13 bottles of 750 ml each of Deschutes Anniversary Black Butte Porter XXVI, XXVII, XXVIII and XXX. My (mostly) accurate memory thinks I've seen them in the past for $20+/bottle. Not sure why they didn't have XXIX on the shelf, too.

And so it begins

Foothills has announced that its Oktoberfest and Pumpkin Ale are now available in bottles and on draft. Maybe we should change the style for the August 17th (!) virtual beer pub . . . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Foothills has announced that its Oktoberfest and Pumpkin Ale are now available in bottles and on draft. Maybe we should change the style for the August 17th (!) virtual beer pub . . . . . .
    Too soon (lol). I'll nominate you to select the date and style for September...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

And I'll nominate Septemberfest . . . . . .

Interesting description of a beer currently on tap at Bottle Revolution Raleigh:

"This beer reminds us of peeling an orange by the pool in July, black pepper Wheathins, humid bike rides to the Botanical Gardens, and taking a shower after mowing the grass."

Another JackieO’s. Middle of Nowhere. Imperial oatmeal stout brewed with honey and maple syrup and aged in bourbon barrels for 16 months. Label says last batch of 2017, oats, honey and syrup all from Ohio. $11.99 for 12.7 oz., a whopping 14% abv. This is a big, bold beer. Smooth, touch of honey up front, subtle maple on the finish, with a big dose from the BBA. I like this one a lot more than the previously reviewed rum barrel aged beer. If you’re only going to have one beer from JackieO’s, this might be the one.

Hadn’t had a Foothills Seeing Double DIPA in quite a while. It remains a very good beer. Easily Cat 2.

[QUOTE=devildeac;1177504]Rather productive stop at Total Wine early yesterday afternoon armed with my 10% off coupon, adding several new and perhaps unusual 4 packs of pint cans of local/NC products but highlighted by finding $13 bottles of 750 ml each of Deschutes Anniversary Black Butte Porter XXVI, XXVII, XXVIII and XXX. My (mostly) accurate memory thinks I've seen them in the past for $20+/bottle. Not sure why they didn't have XXIX on the shelf, too. [/QUOTe

Wow! It seems like those bad boys should go on the mantle for display! What a great score!

[QUOTE=TeacherTom;1177701]
    Rather productive stop at Total Wine early yesterday afternoon armed with my 10% off coupon, adding several new and perhaps unusual 4 packs of pint cans of local/NC products but highlighted by finding $13 bottles of 750 ml each of Deschutes Anniversary Black Butte Porter XXVI, XXVII, XXVIII and XXX. My (mostly) accurate memory thinks I've seen them in the past for $20+/bottle. Not sure why they didn't have XXIX on the shelf, too. [/QUOTe

Wow! It seems like those bad boys should go on the mantle for display! What a great score!
    Should make for a very interesting vertical this year or next, and, given their high gravity, several different people will need to be involved...

New Sun-The Veil Brewing Company

07/02/19
    06:19:19

Bought 4 days after canning. Still really fresh last PM.

Farmhouse/saison ale

The pour of two fairly equal portions from the pint can into an Ommegang tulip arrived a light, golden-amber with a moderate, off-white head that lingered quite a while. Wet straw/hay nose with some orange, followed by pears, apples, orange rind, more wet hay and a mild, black pepper bite. I'll guess IBUs about 20 and the ABV was 5.6%. I'd pair with some roasted/grilled herbed chicken or a pork loin. A very good beer but below the others I've tasted from Veil so it earned a fuse Cat 2 (I'm spoiled). Certainly worth a single pint can /draft or a 4 pack to share/trade.

Saw a gin from Mother Earth in the ABC store this evening. Who knew they were in the distilling business? I'll pick it up next time.

Speaking of ME, I will be stopping by there on my way to Jacksonville to meet my new niece (she is cute as hell, btw). Any recommendations? The only thing I've seen locally here is the IPA, other than the Silent Night every winter.

I agree 100% on Tripping William for September's virtual pub. I'm passing the baton here in Winston. I'm lazy like that with relays when I've been drinking

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Saw a gin from Mother Earth in the ABC store this evening. Who knew they were in the distilling business? I'll pick it up next time.

Speaking of ME, I will be stopping by there on my way to Jacksonville to meet my new niece (she is cute as hell, btw). Any recommendations? The only thing I've seen locally here is the IPA, other than the Silent Night every winter.
    You're stopping by Maine on your way to Jacksonville? Stop by Portland and hit up Allagash and stop by Newcastle for Oxbow. Shouldn't be too out of your way.

I know, I know you're stopping by Mother Earth in Kinston. I really liked their Berliner Weisse mojito by itself as a little dessert beer along with the blueberry lemon berlinerweisse. Goes great with that berry pie!

fuse and devildeac I'm sure can recommend more. That brewery has a strong reputation whatever you get

https://www.motherearthspirits.com/

I’ve never had the gin, the whiskey is quite good.

I like their Endless River Kolsch, which is not as good as White Street.

Their Berliner Weiss have been outstanding this year, particularly the Lemon Blueberry, and Mojito.

Their brut IPA, Garden Party, is awesome.

I’ve only had the Rose IPA once. Definitely different, and worth trying.

Tripel Overhead and their Windowpane series seem to be retired 😢

Speaking of retired, I learned today that the reason that Fullsteam no longer brews the Cackalacky Ginger Pale Ale is the agreement with Cackalacky was not renewed.

I also learned that brewing with ginger is difficult as it has antifungal properties which kills yeast. The more you know...

Fullsteam UV4

Just a warm up for 8/17, a peach gose.

About as perfect as the description sounds.

Smelled like canned peaches in syrup.

Just the right balance of sweet and tart and the peach flavour is not overwhelming.

I've never seen it but I'd likely avoid Home Grown if you discover it.

Good meet-up/exchange with fuse earlier this evening at Trophy Brewing but I'm too tired to review the flight I had. But, there's always Wednesday...

Ginger’s Revenge Ginger Beer

Ever had an alcoholic ginger beer that is light and crisp, and has absolutely zero alcohol taste? Me either before trying Ginger’s Revenge.

Super refreshing on draft at Fullsteam.
    Will definitely be looking for where I can buy more.