Page 1022 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 2252292297210121020102110221023102410321072112215222022 ... LastLast
Results 20,421 to 20,440 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I doubt I'll "smuggle" anything back from Chicago either but will scour a shelf or three locally for something unique or go "Gonzo" and/or have something Unknown as I posted yesterday. A Lost Province might beckon as an alternative...

The visual image of what you might be wearing is now permanently etched on my brain. And that's not a good thing.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    The visual image of what you might be wearing is now permanently etched on my brain. And that's not a good thing.
    (lol)

I wonder if you can be wankerized for what you're thinking/visual imagery?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I doubt I'll "smuggle" anything back from Chicago either but will scour a shelf or three locally for something unique or go "Gonzo" and/or have something Unknown as I posted yesterday. A Lost Province might beckon as an alternative...

Oh, man...if you end up with a Lost Province gose, I will have some serious envy.

Been too long since I have been to Boone.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Virtual Pub NEIPA 7/20/2019 Bissel Brothers The Substance

Surprisingly, one of the few NEIPAs I've had on the Beer Advocate top 100 list, which is dominated by a very small number of breweries.

A really nice pineapple golden pour, hazy and opaque as expected.

The nose is pineapple, maybe a bit of lime and orange, with a bit of earthy dankness on a big inhale.

That piney earthy nose is present at the front of the palate, which melts into a moderated bitterness before fading into a juicy orange finish.

The Substance clocks in at 6.6% ABV, and the can notes this was a beer creation 2 years in the making to represent the past, present and future of beer. That might be a bit meta for me in terms of a goal for a beer, but more power to Bissel Brothers.

The Substance is an outstanding beer overall, and a solid representation of a NEIPA, in appearance and taste.
    The Substance shows up in the top ten of NEIPAs on Beer Advocate.
    I've not had any other NEIPAs on that list, so its really hard to say how good the Substance is, or is not.
    There are some local NEIPAs I've enjoyed that don't have any dankness or bitterness and focus more on the juiciness of modern hops.

If you like IPAs, or NEIPAs, I'd highly recommend seeking out Bissel Brothers The Substance if you find yourself in Portland Maine.

I'm looking forward to seeing who will pull up a stool next to me, and raise a glass so we can share a toast to Bissel Brothers, the New England IPA, and the glorious concept of the community that is DBR.

Cheers, all!

Attachment 9621
    Attachment 9622
    Attachment 9623
    The Substance-Bissel Brothers Brewing Company (BBBC-not to be confused with the local Bond Brothers Brewing Company )

The only thing I can possible add to fuse's marvelous and thorough review is an estimated IBUs of 40-50. Otherwise, stop reading here and just read his post above a couple or three times to learn how wonderful this beer was.

Thanks for including it in your recent delivery!!

Hipster stuff .

The Substance-Bissel Brothers Brewing Company (BBBC-not to be confused with the local Bond Brothers Brewing Company )

The only thing I can possible add to fuse's marvelous and thorough review is an estimated IBUs of 40-50. Otherwise, stop reading here and just read his post above a couple or three times to learn how wonderful this beer was.

Thanks for including it in your recent delivery!!
    Bowing humbly 😀

Hipster stuff .
    My guess is that I’d enjoy Coffee is for Closers (Fullsteam) and Hidden Pipe Coffee Porter (RBC) not to mention Booneshine Hatchet Coffee Porter way more.

Allagash Lion’s Garden

Dry Hopped Belgian style ale

Smells like a fruity hop varietal.
    Tastes like what my dated memory would suggest as Duvel-like.

Another easy sipper with a dry, hoppy finish- a little of bit grass, pine and some florals.

Another really enjoyable beer from Allagash.
    Lion's Garden-Allagash Brewing Company

Pint can meets pint glass in two 8 ounce servings, of course.

Another 16 ounce salute to fuse for sharing from his haul!

Poured a pale, yellow-straw color with a Belgian lace head that lingered quite a while. Light grapefruit, honey, briefly toasted wheat bread and flowery nose. Palate flavored with Belgian candi sugar, floral/Euro hops, hints of rind and citrus fruits and maybe a drizzle of peaches. I'll guess IBUs of 30 and the ABV is 6.7%. The Duvel is a good thought but perhaps Duvel "light" or the single fermented version would be a better comp as the original Duvel is 8.5%. A pairing with some sauteed shrimp and/or scallops and roasted or grilled green beans would be flavorful. Ingredients from their website:

Grains: 6-row Barley, Pilsner malt, local flaked barley

Hops: Northern Brewer, Saaz, Amarillo, Loral

Yeast: Ardennes

My guess is that I’d enjoy Coffee is for Closers (Fullsteam) and Hidden Pipe Coffee Porter (RBC) not to mention Booneshine Hatchet Coffee Porter way more.
    How about Demitasse, your favorite Belgian blonde?

How about Demitasse, your favorite Belgian blonde?

So, so different from a coffee porter.

I don’t think it lasted long on the market, several years ago Stone brewed a “blonde stout”, a clear blonde ale that with the help of coffee as an adjunct, was supposed to taste like a stout.

My memory says eyes closed the Stone beer was stout like.

Favorite Belgian blonde...answering that might get me into trouble. 🤣

So, so different from a coffee porter.

I don’t think it lasted long on the market, several years ago Stone brewed a “blonde stout”, a clear blonde ale that with the help of coffee as an adjunct, was supposed to taste like a stout.

My memory says eyes closed the Stone beer was stout like.

Favorite Belgian blonde...answering that might get me into trouble. 🤣
    Totally agreed. I was indeed trying to get you into trouble...

At Zaftig in Columbus. One Night Stand Batch #288. Belgian Tripel 10% abv. Golden pour, a little foam. Light, notes of clove, clementine. Very tasty and effervescent.

Also Zaftig. Nuts for You. Peanut butter stout, 8% abv. Rich, dark, a touch of chocolate in addition to the peanut butter. Only the 2nd peanut butter stout I’ve had, Isley’s Chosey Mother’s being the first. This was very good, I’d have to do side-by-side to decide a winner. Zaftig’s is actually light, a thin mouth feel, but tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    At Zaftig in Columbus. One Night Stand Batch #288. Belgian Tripel 10% abv. Golden pour, a little foam. Light, notes of clove, clementine. Very tasty and effervescent.
    Ha! I slurped up half of our son's sample size of this last Saturday and enjoyed it immensely.

Also Zaftig. Nuts for You. Peanut butter stout, 8% abv. Rich, dark, a touch of chocolate in addition to the peanut butter. Only the 2nd peanut butter stout I’ve had, Isley’s Chosey Mother’s being the first. This was very good, I’d have to do side-by-side to decide a winner. Zaftig’s is actually light, a thin mouth feel, but tasty.
    Ha again! I stole half our son's Nuttin' 2it, their pecan brown ale, instead of ordering this one by itself or on my sampler.

Ha again! I stole half our son's Nuttin' 2it, their pecan brown ale, instead of ordering this one by itself or on my sampler.
    My sister saved me a BBA Peanut stout from Zaftig. Saving it, review to follow.

My sister saved me a BBA Peanut stout from Zaftig. Saving it, review to follow.
    Wipes drool off chin and laptop...

Wipes drool off chin and laptop...

Sweet [Baby] Jesus ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Sweet [Baby] Jesus ...
    Thanks. More drool to clean up.

24.gif