Page 1012 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1251291296210021010101110121013101410221062111215122012 ... LastLast
Results 20,221 to 20,240 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    My not so sage(grouse) advice is that beer is like ice cream. There’s a flavour for everyone.

I don’t like strawberry ice cream, and I don’t like Baltic Porters. That doesn’t make me a pretend beer drinker. There are so many styles- some people like sours, goses, lambics, and Berliner Weisse, and some don’t.

Some enjoy super delicate English style pale ales, and some enjoy a 120 IBU Cascade punch in the face. 😀

This is a judgment free zone- all in good fun, you like what you like. There is plenty o’ beer to go around. 😀
    Well said!

... This is a judgment free zone- all in good fun, you like what you like ...
    * Unless, of course, you like beers made by profitable, publicly-traded companies, in which case DBR wrath will visit your life and make you wish you had never been born.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    * Unless, of course, you like beers made by profitable, publicly-traded companies, in which case DBR wrath will visit your life and make you wish you had never been born.
    *sneers at your Wicked Weed bottles*

🤔

Well, I could see how you, or anyone, might feel that way given the fun poked at the big breweries in thread. For me, its not judgment, its harmless fun.

DBR wrath seems a bit exaggerated. I’ll just speak for myself and say if someone wants to drink and review Bud, Bud Light, Miller, Coors, etc products and share their insight here, all are welcome. Like I said, beer is like ice cream- there’s a flavour for everyone.

If I’ve offended someone, or helped contribute/create an environment where someone didn’t feel comfortable posting their thoughts on beer, shame on me. I’d far rather have more posters involved in the conversation than fewer.

Cheers (and thanks Reilly for sharing your perspective)! 🍻

I learn a lot from folks here, and would hope this thread projects a welcoming atmosphere.

... the fun poked at the big breweries in thread. For me, its not judgment, its harmless fun.

DBR wrath seems a bit exaggerated ...
    DBR wrath was exaggerated, for comic effect. There is fun poked at the big boys in harmless fun (but also w/ a tad bit of judgmentalism).

Just having a little harmless fun slightly skewering that tad bit of judgmentalism.

��

Well, I could see how you, or anyone, might feel that way given the fun poked at the big breweries in thread. For me, its not judgment, its harmless fun.

DBR wrath seems a bit exaggerated. I’ll just speak for myself and say if someone wants to drink and review Bud, Bud Light, Miller, Coors, etc products and share their insight here, all are welcome. Like I said, beer is like ice cream- there’s a flavour for everyone.

If I’ve offended someone, or helped contribute/create an environment where someone didn’t feel comfortable posting their thoughts on beer, shame on me. I’d far rather have more posters involved in the conversation than fewer.

Cheers (and thanks Reilly for sharing your perspective)! ��

I learn a lot from folks here, and would hope this thread projects a welcoming atmosphere.
    Quite concur. If someone wants to extol the virtues of sugar-free (corn-syrup-free?) vanilla, more power to them. I’ll read it, consider its merits, and go from there.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Thanks! I completely agree. I didn't know that those C hops had that flavor, so that is very helpful info.

I had a IIPA in the past week (definitely not one of yours) that for me was Way too bitter and dank with that overpowering bitter taste and after-taste lingering way too long. I don't want intensely bitter beer face, and it made me wonder if I was just not a real beer drinker. But I do like bitter hoppy flavor when done right. That Grimm beer I recently enjoyed had hops as the dominant flavor, but it was completely outstanding and pleasant along with perfectly balanced.

I'll look out for C hops, and I assume based on what you said that Citra is ok but not so much those others.

Off to Stella to put in an order for my New England IPA for next Sat...
    I forgot about Citra which has more tropical fruity flavors than the other C hops.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

My not so sage(grouse) advice is that beer is like ice cream. There’s a flavour for everyone.

I don’t like strawberry ice cream, and I don’t like Baltic Porters. That doesn’t make me a pretend beer drinker. There are so many styles- some people like sours, goses, lambics, and Berliner Weisse, and some don’t.

Some enjoy super delicate English style pale ales, and some enjoy a 120 IBU Cascade punch in the face. 😀

This is a judgment free zone- all in good fun, you like what you like. There is plenty o’ beer to go around. 😀
    Whoa, nelly! If you're talking about 120 Minute IPA, then I'm all in.

🤔

Cheers (and thanks Reilly for sharing your perspective)! 🍻

There's still room for that on DBR:

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...8179-Ycch-Beer!

Is Duvel Moortgat "big" beer? Good or bad? (not sure it they meet the publicly-traded criteria)

How about Constellation (Ballast Point and Funky Buddha) and Mahou San Miguel, owners (minority vs majority; not sure here either) of Avery and Founders.

https://isitbigbeer.com/brand/duvel-moortgat

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Is Duvel Moortgat "big" beer? Good or bad? (not sure it they meet the publicly-traded criteria)

How about Constellation (Ballast Point and Funky Buddha) and Mahou San Miguel, owners (minority vs majority; not sure here either) of Avery and Founders.

https://isitbigbeer.com/brand/duvel-moortgat
    A lot has changed since a year ago, its the most recent info I could find:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/garystoller/2018/03/20/craft-breweries-dominate-the-top-50-but-guess-which-giants-rule-the-beer-market/#384d9428dcad

I leave how you feel about the brewery as an exercise for the reader.

I missed this:

https://www.craftbrewingbusiness.com...mixed-12-pack/

Anyone seen or tried this mix pack?
    I’ve never heard of Perrin.

A lot has changed since a year ago, its the most recent info I could find:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/garysto.../#384d9428dcad

I leave how you feel about the brewery as an exercise for the reader.
    Nice find. Thanks for sharing. Still no surprise that "big" beer still rules the market.

My (simple-minded) conclusion would be that considering AB probably spills/wastes more beer in a day than the top 50ish US "craft" brewers package/sell in a year (WAG here), it's nice to know the craft industry has expanded market share from 1-2% a couple decades ago to >12% today and has continued to grow over the last several years from ~3000 brewers a decade ago (?) to >7000 in 2018.

I missed this:

https://www.craftbrewingbusiness.com...mixed-12-pack/

Anyone seen or tried this mix pack?
    I’ve never heard of Perrin.
    Never seen it but great idea by the collaborators.

I thought Perrin made sparkling water...

Devildeac asked for my opinion of Sleeman’s since they may be owned by Sapporo now. My opinion of Sleeman’s is that it was one of the first breweries that I would have tried where the beers were not all just lagers. It would have been one of my first attempts at “beer with flavour.” I would classify it as similar to Rickard’s here in Canada as well, almost an in-between mega-brewery and craft with beer with taste (to me, anyway), but not a full fledged craft brewery.
    Sorry, I haven’t been by as much here lately, as I have become overwhelmed with all the choices available now and have been drinking a bit less beer as well.

1. Of the 27 New Glarus beers I've had, their Berliner Weisse is not on my list. I'm not sure I've ever seen it.

2. Good thoughts on the FB Key Lime Pie. I thought about the lime/Berliner Weisse pairing with our dinner at the NC coast but the dessert idea is also an excellent one. Perhaps I'll pair an Old Stone House IPA from New Sarum Brewing in Salisbury, NC that some guests left in the fridge with dinner and I'll delay the Key Lime Pie until the end of the meal and have my Rum Barrel-Aged Pineapple Thief as a night cap instead of dessert. First world problems .

Will you be joining us at our virtual pub next Saturday with a cold NEIPA in your glass? There should be ample room at the keyboard, err, tables.
    As hinted above:

Old Stone House-New Sarum Brewing

Stamped on bottom of can:

Canned 4/28/19
    #GETSTONED

Drink local! Well, drink what was left in fridge from prior residents while managing to exclude buschlite, bud, corona, michelob ultra and even Aviator's Mad Beach.

Pour from a 12 ounce can into a standard pint glass yielded a light copper beverage with a moderate and foamy off-white head. Nice mixed bouquet of melons and citrus with hints of pine. The 8 anonymous hops mentioned on the can brought forth the same tastes with some rind and resin at the finish. I'll guess 60 IBUs with the ABV at 7.8%, bordering on IIPA territory.

Someone upthread mentioned another New Sarum product (richardjackson199? Tripping William?) and I'd certainly try another of their brews in the future.

As hinted above:

Canned 4/28/19
    #GETSTONED

Drink local! Well, drink what was left in fridge from prior residents while managing to exclude buschlite, bud, corona, michelob ultra and even Aviator's Mad Beach.

Pour from a 12 ounce can into a standard pint glass yielded a light copper beverage with a moderate and foamy off-white head. Nice mixed bouquet of melons and citrus with hints of pine. The 8 anonymous hops mentioned on the can brought forth the same tastes with some rind and resin at the finish. I'll guess 60 IBUs with the ABV at 7.8%, bordering on IIPA territory.

Someone upthread mentioned another New Sarum product (richardjackson199? Tripping William?) and I'd certainly try another of their brews in the future.
    Yes New Sarum had the Milkshake Berlinerweisse with Blueberries, Blackberries, and Lactose. It was outstanding and highly recommended.

And speaking of berries:

The Veil (Collaboration with Angry Chair Brewing) - Eager to Bleed - Berlinerweisse - 8% ABV - This is the first beer I've had that my wife actually likes. It's tart raspberries done right with a perfect balance to sour finish. It also has Blood Orange and sweet cherry. Pour is a beautiful heavy red. It's smooth and just sensational. So much better than that Soggy Purple raspberry I tried from New Anthem. Be careful, it goes down quickly. Hard to believe it's beer - but it is and does taste like a very smooth raspberry berlinerweisse. Highly recommended - 4.75

As hinted above:

Canned 4/28/19
    #GETSTONED

I think it was RJ (199, not Barrett) mostly recently, but I have had a couple of New Sarum beers and liked them.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Yes New Sarum had the Milkshake Berlinerweisse with Blueberries, Blackberries, and Lactose. It was outstanding and highly recommended.

And speaking of berries:

The Veil (Collaboration with Angry Chair Brewing) - Eager to Bleed - Berlinerweisse - 8% ABV - This is the first beer I've had that my wife actually likes. It's raspberries done right with a perfect balance to sour finish. It also has Blood Orange and sweet cherry. Pour is a beautiful heavy red. It's smooth and just sensational. So much better than that Soggy Purple raspberry I tried from New Anthem. Be careful, it goes down quickly. Hard to believe it's beer - but it is and does taste like a very smooth raspberry berlinerweisse. Highly recommended - 4.75
    After this and the yellowferrari you reviewed, I'm starting to regret not doubling my order from Veil last Saturday.

Speaking of your wife, you'll have to take her to Wisconsin sometime to try some of the New Glarus fruit beers...

Went down the road to Sierra Nevada for a bit this afternoon. Had an English style IPA called Bob's Your Uncle.

Tasted a lot like the pale ales I had in London in May, but a tad hoppier and from a keg instead of a cask. Enjoyable alternative to the haze craze NE IPAs.