Page 1010 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1051091096010001008100910101011101210201060111015102010 ... LastLast
Results 20,181 to 20,200 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    We’ve tilted at this in the past unsuccessfully.

Would anyone be interested in a DBR beer review day?
    The goal would be to get as many people as we could (optimistically even ten posters would be an amazing start) to agree to drink and review a particular beer on a particular day.

Given regional preferences, it might be easier to suggest a style.
    That said, it would be pretty interesting to read a bunch of reviews on Dogfish Head, New Belgium or even a Sam Adams beer just for the community camaraderie.

Any takers?
    Great idea again! I'm in, of course. I like the "review a style" day idea. Heck, I'd make it a monthly event with a different poster each month suggesting the style.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Great idea again! I'm in, of course. I like the "review a style" day idea. Heck, I'd make it a monthly event with a different poster each month suggesting the style.
    Count me in, too.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

We’ve tilted at this in the past unsuccessfully.

Would anyone be interested in a DBR beer review day?
    The goal would be to get as many people as we could (optimistically even ten posters would be an amazing start) to agree to drink and review a particular beer on a particular day.

Given regional preferences, it might be easier to suggest a style.
    That said, it would be pretty interesting to read a bunch of reviews on Dogfish Head, New Belgium or even a Sam Adams beer just for the community camaraderie.

Any takers?
    I'll play - sounds fun. I'll probably have to drink my beer (and post review) on a Saturday or Sunday due to work, as my weekdays are unpredictable or predictably long at the office. But do it whenever it's best for the majority.

DD I hope those consult fees are tasty. Thanks again for the Veil brew - I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I'll play - sounds fun. I'll probably have to drink my beer (and post review) on a Saturday or Sunday due to work, as my weekdays are unpredictable or predictably long at the office. But do it whenever it's best for the majority.

DD I hope those consult fees are tasty. Thanks again for the Veil brew - I can't wait!
    If a night or weekend is selected that I'm "on call," I'm still "in" but may taste and post a day early or a day or two late.

I'll definitely share the Saxy Machismo with our son, perhaps as early as next weekend. The other two will be for personal consumption and the key lime beers are certainly great summer choices.

Gunner's Daughter-Mast Landing Brewing Company

Another winner from fuse's recent draft and stash from his recent Maine beer-cation. Thanks!

Pretty much a peanut butter, chocolate, latte milkshake (oh my!).

Pour from a pint can into a standard pint glass (two fairly equal half pint aliquots) brought forth a dark brown-hued elixir with an combination latte/milkshake head. Nose was a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup whilst sipping a medium roast iced coffee. Tastes? Well, simply drop the candy into the java, blend thoroughly and sip. Rich coffee, milk chocolate, cream (it's a milk stout so it's made with lactose) and Peter Pan creamy. IBUs? Who cares? It's dessert! The ABV was 5.5%. I think this would make a great beer float if a scoop or two of your favorite vanilla bean ice cream were plopped into the pint glass with 6-8 ounces of this brew.

Bearwaters Mountain Mojo

Need to do more research, but not a great beer and perhaps a brewery I’d avoid.

Billed as tasting like Italian sweet bread with a splash of mango and cascade hops.

Either I have been poured the wrong beer, or I am drinking a poor man’s Fat Tire imitation. Intense dislike.

Bearwaters Mountain Mojo

Billed as tasting like Italian sweet bread with a splash of mango and cascade hops.

Either I have been poured the wrong beer, or I am drinking a poor man’s Fat Tire imitation. Intense dislike.
    Ruh-roh. Going to check inventory now and hoping it's not one of the Maine brews .
    Last edited by devildeac; 07-11-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Bearwaters Mountain Mojo

Ruh-roh. Going to check inventory now and hoping it's not one of the Maine brews .
    I have 2 Bearwaters brews in my June beer club 4 pack. I'll get back to you on these but I'm thinking I'm not going to be happy with Bottle Rev's selections.

I have 2 Bearwaters brews in my June beer club 4 pack. I'll get back to you on these but I'm thinking I'm not going to be happy with Bottle Rev's selections.
    I can’t find this beer on their website.

Maybe its new, or an off keg, or something.

Nope, Canton NC brewery on draft at Big Mike’s in Apex.

Used a Sierra Nevada unfiltered pils to cleanse my palate.

I can’t find this beer on their website.

Maybe its new, or an off keg, or something.
    Here it is on Untappd:

https://untappd.com/b/bearwaters-bre...n-mojo/2688693

Perhaps your problem/understanding was mistaking it for "Italian sweet bread" instead of Hawaiian .

"Features a malt profile akin to Hawaiian sweet bread along with a splash of mango."

Boundary Bay Brewing,Bellingham, WA, Scotch Ale, extremely smooth and deliciously suited to my taste. I found it on my last day here. Have you ever heard of the brewery? TT

Here it is on Untappd:

https://untappd.com/b/bearwaters-bre...n-mojo/2688693

Perhaps your problem/understanding was mistaking it for "Italian sweet bread" instead of Hawaiian .

"Features a malt profile akin to Hawaiian sweet bread along with a splash of mango."
    I only report what I read on the draft list... 😂

Either way, meh.

Bearwaters does not make good beer. They are probably Frog Level bad.

On a positive Haywood County beer note, Boojum Get Off My Cloud IPA is very tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    Boundary Bay Brewing,Bellingham, WA, Scotch Ale, extremely smooth and deliciously suited to my taste. I found it on my last day here. Have you ever heard of the brewery? TT
    No. Very few breweries with which I am familiar from Washington. Too many in NC and OH to visit and become educated.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Bearwaters does not make good beer. They are probably Frog Level bad.

On a positive Haywood County beer note, Boojum Get Off My Cloud IPA is very tasty.
    I had their collaboration IPA with 7 Clans with dinner tonight. Report in an hour-I got some shopping (not beer) to do. Summary: not Frog Level bad but pretty average.

Fortnight Coffee Amber Ale

The lovely and talented Mrs. Tripping came home with a sixer of this beer, declaring it “hers.” Until she realized it wasn’t a dark beer, but instead only a little darker than golden brown. So, it became shareable. To my benefit. It has a little sweetness to it, but the coffee flavors are terrific. Not high-gravity at all. I’d be surprised if ABV exceeded 6.0%. If you want coffee in the summer, this wouldn’t be a bad choice.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    The lovely and talented Mrs. Tripping came home with a sixer of this beer, declaring it “hers.” Until she realized it wasn’t a dark beer, but instead only a little darker than golden brown. So, it became shareable. To my benefit. It has a little sweetness to it, but the coffee flavors are terrific. Not high-gravity at all. I’d be surprised if ABV exceeded 6.0%. If you want coffee in the summer, this wouldn’t be a bad choice.
    Don't forget Haw River's Demitasse. But, then again, it's a blonde and I don't know Mrs. Tripping William so I will not comment any more definitively...

I had their collaboration IPA with 7 Clans with dinner tonight. Report in an hour-I got some shopping (not beer) to do. Summary: not Frog Level bad but pretty average.
    Hop Rooted-Brewed and canned by Bearwaters Brewing Company for 7 Clans Brewing

Pretty average American-style IPA brewed with lots of Centennial hops giving it moderately bitter notes of pine and resin with its estimated 60-70 IBUs and 6.5% ABV.

This was included in my June 4 pack and for about $1.75, I'm not too upset but wouldn't buy any more of it or visit the brewery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    My favorite, and maybe Fortnight’s best.

http://fortnightbrewing.com/#Beer

I spent a bit of time there when Fortnight was new, and got to know the staff a little bit.

They are very proud of the coffee amber flavour, particularly because there in no coffee in the beer or brewing process.