Page 101 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Shoot, Ozzie even had a brown ale for breakfast! With an omelette!!

I think the next post here is #2000.
    The breakfast of champions! For hopefully post #2000.
    Nope! #2001, a space odyssey!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    2000 posts...that's a lot of yummy beer. Cheers to 2000 more!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    If someone wishes to take #2000, be my/our guest, but please make it a GOOD one.
    And with those words, you posted #2000. HA!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Does the Denver airport also have a New Belgium brew pub? I thought DA spent some time there (hours?) during a layover last month.
    It does, and I did. You have to really *want* to get there, tho, as it's quite the trek. It's in the B terminal, iirc, way out past the main gates, on your way down to the tiny commuter gate corridor. Still, the beer was yummy and cold!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    It does, and I did. You have to really *want* to get there, tho, as it's quite the trek. It's in the B terminal, iirc, way out past the main gates, on your way down to the tiny commuter gate corridor. Still, the beer was yummy and cold!
    If you're still at the airport,Ozzie, go ahead and make the trek! Or, find the NB pub on your return journey/layover.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    This is exactly where it is. In the B terminal near the gates that go to cities that no one should want to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtn devil View Post
    This is exactly where it is. In the B terminal near the gates that go to cities that no one should want to go to.
    Cities such as?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Cities such as?
    Um...Colorado Springs.

Insanity-Weyerbacher Brewing Company-2008 edition-Oh my, is this good. It is their Blithering Idiot Barleywine aged in oak bourbon barrels. Heavily malty and slightly brown-sugary sweet with dark fruit flavors. Reminds me of dark and sour cherries and dates. Bourbon clearly in the late taste but not overpowering. Mild woody/oaky flavors and aromas. Don't know the IBU but suspect 80-90, maybe higher, but it is well-balanced. 11.1% ABV and not hidden at all. This is potent. I allowed this to warm to about 55 degrees or so and it makes a huge difference from a "cold" beer. The more I think about it, the more these folks remind me of the Avery folks that RMD raves about with his brew reviews. Very creative, high gravity specialty ales with a number of different styles. Next week, I'll enjoy their Blasphemy production. If you have any connections back east, RMD, get them to bring you some bombers of Weyerbacher brews and see what you think compared to the Avery line.

Question

Um...Colorado Springs.

Is there any other place I shouldn't go in Colorado? Greeley?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

Is there any other place I shouldn't go in Colorado? Greeley?
    Colorado Springs is gorgeous, it just not a city that takes kindly to my kind (any more and this will be on the PPB ). Greeley smells. Avoid at all costs and just skip right on to Ft. Collins--which happens to be the home of both New Belgium and Odels. I almost took a job in Greeley last March but couldn't do it.

DD, Weyerbacher looks great. Any brewery that makes a Triple IPA is top-notch in my book. They also have great labels. Doesn't look like they distribute west of Wisconsin, but I'll have to keep an eye out when I'm in Ohio.

If you're still at the airport,Ozzie, go ahead and make the trek! Or, find the NB pub on your return journey/layover.
    No, I got out of the airport on time at 12:25 and to SAN early.

The return flight only has a 45 minute turn around time, barely enough to change plans at the same gate complex, much less go hunting for remote parts of the airport. Maybe next time, if there is a next time.

Oh, had a couple of Corona's last night at a Mexican restaurant here, but I'll skip the review.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Colorado Springs is gorgeous, it just not a city that takes kindly to my kind (any more and this will be on the PPB ). Greeley smells. Avoid at all costs and just skip right on to Ft. Collins--which happens to be the home of both New Belgium and Odels. I almost took a job in Greeley last March but couldn't do it.

DD, Weyerbacher looks great. Any brewery that makes a Triple IPA is top-notch in my book. They also have great labels. Doesn't look like they distribute west of Wisconsin, but I'll have to keep an eye out when I'm in Ohio.
    If they distribute to NC, it would only make sense that they distribute to the larger markets in Ohio, too. Happy beer hunting!

Oh, had a couple of Corona's last night at a Mexican restaurant here, but I'll skip the review. [/QUOTE]

There's a "ychh, beer" thread for that. (jk folks, I know there is a time a place for light lagers and lawnmower beers...)

I just boxed up a homebrew sampler pack to bring this coming weekend. I've got a very hoppy oatmeal stout, an altbier, and a smokey IPA..my very first all-grain. I'm bottling today as well another all-grain pale ale, so I'm sure it will be coming along, too.

Old horizontal

I'm become addicted this week to Victory's Old horizontal Barleywine...reviewed here several times in the past..easy to drink with a nice blend of malt and hops...I even convinced my wife (a non beer drinker) to try one tonight..a move which I now regret as I stare at the one lonely bottle remaining from the 6 pack I bought on monday...I should probably just put it out of its misery tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by bluebear View Post
    I'm become addicted this week to Victory's Old horizontal Barleywine...reviewed here several times in the past..easy to drink with a nice blend of malt and hops...I even convinced my wife (a non beer drinker) to try one tonight..a move which I now regret as I stare at the one lonely bottle remaining from the 6 pack I bought on monday...I should probably just put it out of its misery tonight...
    Barleywines can be tough to drink, especially for the non-beer drinker.

Solution to your problem: go buy another 6er and store it for a year in a dry/cool/dimly lit place in your house and sample one of them again in January, 2010. And then one in 2011. And then... Seriously. They change taste and character if they are "aged."

Barleywines can be tough to drink, especially for the non-beer drinker.

Solution to your problem: go buy another 6er and store it for a year in a dry/cool/dimly lit place in your house and sample one of them again in January, 2010. And then one in 2011. And then... Seriously. They change taste and character if they are "aged."
    I've had two aged Bigfoot's from DD, (2006 and 2007), and a couple of other barleywines from him that were aged. Bless him for his patience, he has more than I, but it pays off. Way tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I've had two aged Bigfoot's from DD, (2006 and 2007), and a couple of other barleywines from him that were aged. Bless him for his patience, he has more than I, but it pays off. Way tasty.
    The patience is tough. That's why I always buy a couple of any beer I want to age.

What's everyone drinking for the Super Bowl? I have Avery 14'er ESB which is a rare session beer both for me and the brewery.

The patience is tough. That's why I always buy a couple of any beer I want to age.

What's everyone drinking for the Super Bowl? I have Avery 14'er ESB which is a rare session beer both for me and the brewery.
    I'm homing it for the game. I'll be swapping off between smokey IPA's and the Alt. I have a hard cider for somewhere in there too. (My only cellaring success, I bottled it over a year ago. The only reason I still have it is because I lost 10 of them, recently found.)