Page 1007 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 75079079579971005100610071008100910171057110715072007 ... LastLast
Results 20,121 to 20,140 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

From 1/7/18:

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hatchet-Booneshine Brewing

Buy local! Drink at home!

The last of my coffee porter trilogy started last week with this being another gem gifted by fuse during our last meet-up. Thanks!

Pour from a 16 ounce can was dark brown with a large, creamy mocha head. Enticing aromas of iced coffee. Mouthfeel of a coffee/chocolate shake. Almost. Tastes of dark roast coffee, milk chocolate, dark caramel syrup and some dark fruits. Brewed with molasses, too, and I guess I may have perceived some of that also. But, there's also the power of suggestion . IBUs listed on their web page at 38, about what I would expect. ABV on the can was 6.0% and on their web site was 6.7%, not really perceptible. Dessert alone or with some chocolate chip cookies.

I don't think I had a favorite of the three and would buy any of them again.
    From tonight:

Hatchet-Booneshine Brewing

Stamped on bottom of can:

Brewed on
    10/08/2018

Stolen from our older daughter a couple weeks ago for dog-sitting fees

Pretty similar impressions to above but betterer fresherer.

There was a small amount of fine sediment at the end of the pour but not unpleasant. Not stale but a bit "old." Made a nice pairing with a 1/4 rack of ribs, some homemade Asian slaw and half of a fresh NC tomato.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Never Never Found Found (draft)-The Veil Brewing Company

Still local! (from last PM )

Two ounce sample before purchase of a 4 pack of cans.

"Gose with double red papaya and double mango."

Pour was an orange-tinged pineapple-yellow with a small head. A juicy gose () with the above aromas and flavors and a pinch of salt. I'll guess IBUs about 10 and the ABV is listed at 5.1%.

The recipients of the above will have to provide more info after tasting their own pint can...

Eager to Bleed (draft)-The Veil Brewing Company in collaboration with Angry Chair Brewing (about which I know nothing-yet)

Another local two ounce taster, this one was their first imperial Berliner Weisse.

"... brewed with blood orange, raspberry and sweet cherry"

Appearance was orange-pink with a sweet and tart/sour nose. Berries and orange scents and flavors caress the senses with a bit of pucker along with some lemon/lime (not added). I'll guess IBUs of 10 and the ABV is 8%, rather high for the style but not quite in the same zip code as Southern Pines' Moscow Mule at 12% .

This is another that will have to be seen and tasted by the recipients fingered upthread.

There is quite a selection of breweries in the Scott's Addition area of Richmond with what felt like a brewery every couple blocks. Was fortunate enough to visit one of these and sample beers from two others on Saturday:

https://www.hopculture.com/best-craf...mond-virginia/

Really surprised Ardent is not listed.

https://www.hopculture.com/best-craf...mond-virginia/

Really surprised Ardent is not listed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would have rated Ardent ahead of Vasen, Triple Crossing and Answer.

From Garden Grove Brewing and Urban Winery in Richmond and used to describe their Career Suicide IPA:

"This IPA is part of that tradition even though the rule in Richmond is… Don’t make an IPA that doesn’t taste like fruit juice."

Just returned back to the office after our week in Northern WI (over 8 days, only having two people say some iteration of "F9fck Duke" in the presence of my myriad of Blue Devil gear is somewhat of a win). Checking in with my Official Brew Devil ReportTM:

Friday, 6/28

Founders Brewery on the way up through MI. Would have loved for it to have been just me and the wife, as the kids were antsy from the car ride and the lunch rush left the service level below acceptable levels. One and done, so had to make the one a good one... 12 Feet Under- 14.3% ABV Double BA (?) Triple(?!) IPA - Founders Brewing Co. - A blend of three of their IPAs, twice barrel aged and then dry hopped. Very, very good, very sweet and oaky without being unbearable hoppy.

Before pulling out of Grand Rapids, we stopped at The Knickerbocker (New Holland's GR location) and picked up their newly released Maple Oak and Orange Chocolate variants. Another cool location I wish we had more time to enjoy.

After pulling into Mackinaw City for the evening, we walked across the street for dinner to Rusted Spoke Brewing Co. Service was remarkably better than Founders, despite having a packed house as well. So much better, than instead of getting to try a few different beers on the menu, our server instead brought me, unrequested, two refills of their Flat Tire Baltic Porter - 5.4% ABV which was a nice smooth, smokey porter. Knowing I only had time for one more, I swung for the fences and went as heavy as I could; Daddy Boy's Rootbeer - 13.8% ABV Imperial Stout, which if I was a terrible father I might have allowed the kids to take a sip... It was that rootbeer-y. Maybe next time

Saturday, 6/29

Finally rolled into town and stocked up at the local grocery store... SERIOUSLY, if you ever find yourself in Mercer, WI, stop in at Snow's Family Market and check out their beer selection that covers 1/3 of their store. Mark Snow has a Three Floyds mind in a Deliverance location. While the new purchases were chilling in the cabin's fridge, I drank copious amounts of Spotted Cow that were previously left in there.

Sunday, 6/30

Cracked a Dragon's Milk Reserve: Orange Chocolate - 11% ABV Stout - New Holland while fishing. Bugs were bad, but the amount of orange was juuuust right. Followed up with a Serendipity - 4% ABV Fruit Beer - New Glarus... Apples, Cherries, Cranberries... Oh My! At such a low ABV, I contemplated hydrating myself with this nectar of the gods the rest of the trip, but I decided to share the other 5 bottles instead.

Monday, 7/1

Group went into town for lunch, so I snagged the only two beers on the menu I hadn't consumed previously: Todd - The Axe Man (Surly Release) - 7.2% ABV IPA - Surly Brewing/Amager Bryghus Collaboration & Scream IIPA - 9% ABV Imperial IPA

Tuesday, 7/2

During the USA v. England match I drank 6 or 7 Busch Lights with the locals to fit in... then drank a bomber of each after the kids went to bed to wash out the taste: Wisconsin Belgian Red and Raspberry Tart - 4% ABV Fruit Beers, both New Glarus

Wednesday, 7/3

Nitro S'Mores - 10% ABV Imperial Stout - Southern Tier Brewing Co - Made a fire for the family, drank this chocolate, graham cracker and vanilla nitro while they made real S'Mores

Thursday, 7/4

Drank a twelve pack of #MERICA! - 5% ABV Lager - Surly Brewing Company and then lit off fireworks on the lake like a responsible adult.

Friday, 7/5

Breakfast - BA Imperial Pajamas - 13.5% BA Oatmeal Stout - Begyle Brewing
    Lunch - King Sue - 7.8% Double IPA - Toppling Goliath
    Dinner - Blithering Idiot - 11.1% Barleywine - Weyerbacher Brewing Company
    Dessert - Creme Brulee - 10% ABV Imperial Double Milk Stout - Southern Tier Brewing Co

Any of you who have kids and have vacationed with in-laws know that I needed Every. Single. One. of these drinks.

Also, New Glarus should use this picture for an ad... I accept cases of beer as payment

New Glarus.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Just returned back to the office after our week in Northern WI (over 8 days, only having two people say some iteration of "F9fck Duke" in the presence of my myriad of Blue Devil gear is somewhat of a win). Checking in with my Official Brew Devil ReportTM:

Friday, 6/28

Founders Brewery on the way up through MI. Would have loved for it to have been just me and the wife, as the kids were antsy from the car ride and the lunch rush left the service level below acceptable levels. One and done, so had to make the one a good one... 12 Feet Under- 14.3% ABV Double BA (?) Triple(?!) IPA - Founders Brewing Co. - A blend of three of their IPAs, twice barrel aged and then dry hopped. Very, very good, very sweet and oaky without being unbearable hoppy.

Before pulling out of Grand Rapids, we stopped at The Knickerbocker (New Holland's GR location) and picked up their newly released Maple Oak and Orange Chocolate variants. Another cool location I wish we had more time to enjoy.

After pulling into Mackinaw City for the evening, we walked across the street for dinner to Rusted Spoke Brewing Co. Service was remarkably better than Founders, despite having a packed house as well. So much better, than instead of getting to try a few different beers on the menu, our server instead brought me, unrequested, two refills of their Flat Tire Baltic Porter - 5.4% ABV which was a nice smooth, smokey porter. Knowing I only had time for one more, I swung for the fences and went as heavy as I could; Daddy Boy's Rootbeer - 13.8% ABV Imperial Stout, which if I was a terrible father I might have allowed the kids to take a sip... It was that rootbeer-y. Maybe next time

Saturday, 6/29

Finally rolled into town and stocked up at the local grocery store... SERIOUSLY, if you ever find yourself in Mercer, WI, stop in at Snow's Family Market and check out their beer selection that covers 1/3 of their store. Mark Snow has a Three Floyds mind in a Deliverance location. While the new purchases were chilling in the cabin's fridge, I drank copious amounts of Spotted Cow that were previously left in there.

Sunday, 6/30

Cracked a Dragon's Milk Reserve: Orange Chocolate - 11% ABV Stout - New Holland while fishing. Bugs were bad, but the amount of orange was juuuust right. Followed up with a Serendipity - 4% ABV Fruit Beer - New Glarus... Apples, Cherries, Cranberries... Oh My! At such a low ABV, I contemplated hydrating myself with this nectar of the gods the rest of the trip, but I decided to share the other 5 bottles instead.

Monday, 7/1

Group went into town for lunch, so I snagged the only two beers on the menu I hadn't consumed previously: Todd - The Axe Man (Surly Release) - 7.2% ABV IPA - Surly Brewing/Amager Bryghus Collaboration & Scream IIPA - 9% ABV Imperial IPA

Tuesday, 7/2

During the USA v. England match I drank 6 or 7 Busch Lights with the locals to fit in... then drank a bomber of each after the kids went to bed to wash out the taste: Wisconsin Belgian Red and Raspberry Tart - 4% ABV Fruit Beers, both New Glarus

Wednesday, 7/3

Nitro S'Mores - 10% ABV Imperial Stout - Southern Tier Brewing Co - Made a fire for the family, drank this chocolate, graham cracker and vanilla nitro while they made real S'Mores

Thursday, 7/4

Drank a twelve pack of #MERICA! - 5% ABV Lager - Surly Brewing Company and then lit off fireworks on the lake like a responsible adult.

Friday, 7/5

Dessert - Creme Brulee - 10% ABV Imperial Double Milk Stout - Southern Tier Brewing Co

Any of you who have kids and have vacationed with in-laws know that I needed Every. Single. One. of these drinks.

Also, New Glarus should use this picture for an ad... I accept cases of beer as payment

New Glarus.jpg
    Another classic report. Thanks!

Some fabulous beers listed above. Would you take me on your next family vacation? I'd promise to keep my eructation, flatulence and swearing to a minimum and would help you look after the kids without asking for *too* many extra beers as compensation or plying them with extra candies, cakes, cookies and/or adult beverages.

A NEIPA from Southern Range Brewing Company in Monroe, NC:

beer-2999910_76d61_sm.jpeg

Made me chuckle.

Beer name of the day?

Another classic report. Thanks!

Some fabulous beers listed above. Would you take me on your next family vacation? I'd promise to keep my eructation, flatulence and swearing to a minimum and would help you look after the kids without asking for *too* many extra beers as compensation or plying them with extra candies, cakes, cookies and/or adult beverages.
    Did anyone else have to look up what “eructation” meant???? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post

Friday, 6/28

Saturday, 6/29

Sunday, 6/30

Monday, 7/1

Tuesday, 7/2

Wednesday, 7/3

Thursday, 7/4

Friday, 7/5

New Glarus.jpg
    The absolutely most brilliant part of this review was reinforcing beer goes with every meal in your list of beers consumed throughout Friday.

A tip of the hat to you sir!

(And thank you for sharing quite a list of well selected and enjoyed beer.)

A NEIPA from Southern Range Brewing Company in Monroe, NC:

beer-2999910_76d61_sm.jpeg

Made me chuckle.

Beer name of the day?

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I guess unique names are becoming harder and harder to come by in the brewing industry.

I definitely appreciate the art and humour.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    The absolutely most brilliant part of this review was reinforcing beer goes with every meal in your list of beers consumed throughout Friday.

A tip of the hat to you sir!

(And thank you for sharing quite a list of well selected and enjoyed beer.)
    After a 13.5% breakfast beer, I'm surprised he was awake in time to drink, err, eat lunch .

Did anyone else have to look up what “eructation” meant???? 🤣
    One of my favorite words. I may have to post that on the Words You Like/Dislike thread.

One of my favorite words. I may have to post that on the Words You Like/Dislike thread.
    I had to read it twice to make sure you didn’t type what I thought I had read, and then had to look the word up. 😳

I had to read it twice to make sure you didn’t type what I thought I had read, and then had to look the word up. 😳
    Naughty boy .

Founders Brewery on the way up through MI. Would have loved for it to have been just me and the wife, as the kids were antsy from the car ride and the lunch rush left the service level below acceptable levels. One and done, so had to make the one a good one...

Fantastic report, made me thirsty and jealous reading it. But your first stop reminded me to check the fridge and yes I had a Founders bottle. Purchased 2018 - Founders Curmudgeon’s Better Half, old ale brewed with molasses and aged in maple syrup bourbon barrels. 12.7% abv. Poured a dark orange, I was expecting darker with the molasses, light foam. Get the bourbon up front, nice spice to the ale, hint of molasses on the finish. It is delicious. Would definitely buy several if I could find it. It is up there with the BBA honey ginger and the bourbon barrel cru, excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Founders Brewery on the way up through MI. Would have loved for it to have been just me and the wife, as the kids were antsy from the car ride and the lunch rush left the service level below acceptable levels. One and done, so had to make the one a good one...

Fantastic report, made me thirsty and jealous reading it. But your first stop reminded me to check the fridge and yes I had a Founders bottle. Purchased 2018 - Founders Curmudgeon’s Better Half, old ale brewed with molasses and aged in maple syrup bourbon barrels. 12.7% abv. Poured a dark orange, I was expecting darker with the molasses, light foam. Get the bourbon up front, nice spice to the ale, hint of molasses on the finish. It is delicious. Would definitely buy several if I could find it. It is up there with the BBA honey ginger and the bourbon barrel cru, excellent.
    Here's the remainder of their barrel-aged series for 2019:

https://foundersbrewing.com/beer/barrel-aged-series/

Compass Rose Scott’s (?) Scottish Export Ale

Low ABV, 5.5%.

Pretty thin and light, not memorable for my first(?) Compass Rose.

Hi Wire Rose Ale

Looked like Rose wine in the glass.
    Subtly fruity.

Really tasty and worth picking up if you see it.