Page 1004 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 45049049549941002100310041005100610141054110415042004 ... LastLast
Results 20,061 to 20,080 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Allagash Darling Ruby

Farmhouse style ale with grapefruit zest

Has the sharp (acrid? But not in an unpleasant way) smell of freshly cut grapefruit.

Several shades darker than Allagash White, with a taste profile similar to Allagash White with a bitter grapefruit finish.

A delightful drop on a hot July day.

Cheers! 🍻

Always an enjoyable and costly () meet-up with fuse, no matter where it might be. This time it involved 26 beers of the brewery only/limited availability/Maine only variety from his recent beer-cation. A mouth-watering cornucopia of local delights! Thanks!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Always an enjoyable and costly () meet-up with fuse, no matter where it might be. This time it involved 26 beers of the brewery only/limited availability/Maine only variety from his recent beer-cation. A mouth-watering cornucopia of local delights! Thanks!
    Costly??? 😳🙄😱🤣🍻

Lol, all in good fun. I am looking forward to reading how you enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Costly??? 😳🙄😱🤣🍻

*reaches for popcorn* 🍿
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Costly??? 😳🙄😱🤣🍻

Yea, I really can't "complain" about the costs after the devildeac's 2016 Midwest Duke football, err, beer odyssey after which we spent $650ish on beer and you graciously/happily/enthusiastically split the $$ with me.

I'm not sure who's going to enjoy the beers more, you by reading (and drinking the same ones) or me by sipping all of them over the next several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    *reaches for popcorn* 🍿
    I predict you'll get miiiighty thirsty with all that popcorn...

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    *reaches for popcorn* 🍿
    I *think* bowling alleys serve popcorn and beer. 🤣🍻

Tampa Bay Brewing Company Double Coast Lager

Not a bad beer by any stretch.
    Meh beer?

Tasty for a traditional lager.
    Last edited by fuse; 07-02-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Continuing on in the Raleigh Brewing Company theme from a bit earlier today, we have:

Grape and Funk 2017-RBC

This is Grape and Grain, their 2016 chardonnay barrel-aged imperial saison that was incarcerated for yet another year in red wine barrels and forced to co-exist with some Brettanomyces yeast characters. I don't think I ever tasted Grape and Grain but I'm pretty sure fuse reviewed it here at some point.

This half pint pour ($4) was a reddish-purple hue with very little head. Nose was quite vinous and tastes were berries, apples, pears, red wine vinegar and some (Uptown) funk/wet straw. I'll guess IBUs about 10-tart/sour but not bitter. ABV was 8.8%, a bit lower than expected as the Grape and Grain is listed at 9% on the bombers I bought today ($9 including tax; I swear it was $15-20 when I saw it in stores 2-3 years ago). I liked this one a lot.

From 5/6/19:

RBC Damn Yes Ma’am

Of course, one of RBC’s staples is Hell Yes, Ma’am.
    Devildeac and I met the owner who regaled us with the origin story about how their head brewer didn’t want to brew a belgian style beer.
    The owner’s wife disabused him of this notion.
    Acquiescing, the brewer said sheepishly, “Yes Ma’am” to which she responded,
    “No- Hell, Yes, Ma’am”!
    And thus a local brewing legend was born.

Maybe a mild Belgian candy sugar nose.

Reminds me of a Belgian Christmas beer.

Meant as a high compliment. Even more so, probably my least favorite of the three so far (and I would drink a pint of this 9.2% bad boy).
    Fuse has fingers as quick as his wit .

Damn Yes Ma'am (draft-half pint)-Raleigh Brewing Company

The darker cousin of Hell Yes Ma'am.

Pour was a medium to dark brown and fairly clear/clean with a small, tan head. Aromas as expected for this dark, strong Belgian style ale and they included dark, dried fruits and the dark, Belgian candi sugar fuse mentioned. Tastes to match the style and aromas but didn't think it had any spices that a Belgian Christmas ale typically has. I'll guess IBUs about 30 and the ABV was 9.2%. I'd readily have another serving of this fine RBC offering.
    Tell me, dd, did it take you too long to re-visit this fine ale?

Damn Yes, Ma'am!

Worth a re-post/re-quote. I'd have had a pint but it was too stinking hot to have another half pint of this high gravity ale and expect to make it home late this afternoon.

Beers are better with friends, so a tip of the tulip to fuse for the suggestion to meet here again, enjoy some fine RBC products and make an exchange of some fine Maine beers for some US currency.

Prim Looking Stargazer-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

Singing accfanfrom1970's praises again with a loud shout as he was kind enough to include this 750 ml bottle as one of my possible choices for a trader for the large format $10 Allagash Curieux I delivered to a tailgate last fall. Thanks!

Gin barrel-aged mixed culture saison

I had to do a bit of research about gin barrel-aging and found our there aren't many GBA beers because there apparently aren't many gin barrels readily available as gin is generally not barrel aged. I can recall one other GBA beer I've had before and that was sharing a crowler of Haute Raute, a tripel from New Holland Brewing, with the nearly famous budwom in the fall of 2016 after we returned from our Midwest beer odyssey, err, Duke football trip.

I divided Prim Looking Stargazer over the last 2 nights, each time sipping from a small Allagash tulip, no doubt anticipating/celebrating fuse's delivery of his Maine beer haul yesterday afternoon. Pour was a champagne color with a small, fizzy head that laced the glass marvelously each night. Nose of gin/juniper with fairly strong gin tastes along with wet straw, sour/tart apples, underripe pears and a pinch of black pepper. I'm guessing the "mixed culture" description means it was fermented with yeast and/or bacteria characters named Brettanomyces, Pediococcus and Lactobacillus, but, I have no suspect list from the brewery, nor can I find one on-line. I'll guess 20 IBUs and the ABV is "only" 5% but this tastes/drinks/feels like an 8-9% ale.

This was a highly unusual creation that I greatly enjoyed sampling and publicly thank accfanfrom1970 again who has been patiently inquiring when I'd sample and review this.

Another 4th of July beer list featuring a couple Maine beers:

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/07/03/be...-of-july-beer/

More beers for your July 4th consideration. Fifteen to be exact:

https://www.mensjournal.com/food-dri...a-brewing-bfd/
    My tally from this list is six.

Allagash White gives me a total of one from this list.

Hitchiking on your post, this list was found at the end of the article you linked:

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/05/10/mo...es-in-america/

How many of these breweries have y'all heard of, let alone sampled one of their products?

We'll be visiting The Veil Brewing Company this Saturday and they have brews listed (drafts? bottles/cans? both?) from Other Half, Trillium, Tree House and Monkish in case anyone is interested.

First world beer problems- when you have so much new to you beer in the fridge that you don’t know where to start. 😳🙄

First world beer problems- when you have so much new to you beer in the fridge that you don’t know where to start. 😳🙄
    I'd go with an IPA or three first.

7th Sun Sakura Obscura
    Cherry Pomegranate Berliner Weisse

Pours a beautiful cranberry color.
    Frothy head, thick but fleeting.

Smells like tart cherries.

Might not give New Glarus a run for its money on Belgian Red, still right up there among the best fruit beers I’ve had.

Tart gives way to some bubbly effervescence followed by a sweet and still puckering cherry finish. Really, really nice.

Cheers all! 🍻

Orono collaboration with Novare Res
    Gonzo Gose
    Persian Lime and Blueberry with Himalayan Pink Salt
    5.2% ABV

Pours a beautiful pink trending toward peach hue.
    16 oz can split two ways.
    First pour had a decent brief head, the other, none.
    Bottoms of can :
    High and Tight
    Brewed 5/28/19

Nose is lime and simple syrup.

Salty finish.
    Blueberries may add the colour but not much flavour.
    This is a lime and salt dominated beer.
    Does not call to mind margarita flavours (perhaps due to lack of tequila 🤣 ).

I’m not familiar with Orono, since we had beers at Novare Res, this seemed like a fun purchase.

A tasty beer for a hot summer day.

Cheers! 🍻

Moscow Mule-Southern Pines Brewing Company

Not only an imperial Berliner Weisse but a really high octane one at 12% ABV (no typo) . I have had very few of the imperial versions of this style and never one with this ABV.

A vigorous pour from a pint can into a mug brought forth a golden-yellow elixir with a thin, off-white head. Stuff smelled like ginger ale/beer with lime, or a Moscow Mule cocktail based on the recipes I've read but never made or tasted the original cocktail version. Immediate ginger zing on the palate accompanying some mildly sweet but mostly sour freshly squeezed lime juice. The high ABV is barely perceptible, making this a high dangerous beverage as one could easily belt down a couple of these and not wake up for several hours. IBUs are 5. Another high quality offering from SPBC and worth the ~$18 for the 4 pack that I'm planning to share/trade.
    As a not big liquor or cocktail drinker, I have zero reference to what an actual Moscow Mule should taste like.

With that out of the way, the nose is bitter lime.

This is a very smooth ginger beer with a flash of lime on a big boozy finish.

Many thanks devildeac for setting aside a Moscow Mule for me. I am enjoying the kick!

Cheers! 🍻