Page 1002 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 25029029529921000100110021003100410121052110215022002 ... LastLast
Results 20,021 to 20,040 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Auto Correct (draft)-Ancillary* Fermentation

Who the heck are these guys? Here ya go:

"A pop-up fermentation experience, and a partnership between a bunch of Raleigh-Durham beer folks, centered on the idea that beer should be more experimental, more experiential, and a hell of a lot weirder. Each month, we host a pop-up taproom and launch a single beer in a different location throughout The Triangle, each centered around a theme, exploring everything from fancy felines to used goods to time itself."

What'd they brew this time?

54e87ca5be3566ac313b29d5279925c1_640x640.jpg

And my, was it tasty.

Half pint pour that showed up raspberry soda purple-red with a very short-lived pink head. Berries to start, berries in-between and berries to finish. Mild sourness/tartness with some lemon-lime pucker, too. Untappd claims no IBUs but I'd guess 5-10 and the ABV was 6%. I'd happily grab a 4 pack of this if I saw it next week to share/trade.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Cease to Resist (draft)-New Anthem Beer Project

Almost local (from Wilmington, NC)!

This was a mango-infused Berliner Weisse so it appeared as a cloudy orange yellow pour (8 ounces) with a small, off-white head. Pretty subtle mango/tropical fruity scents followed by a mild tang/twang/pucker with more citrus and tropical juicy flavors. Untappd claims no IBUs *or* ABV but I'll call bovine shenanigans on both with my semi-trained palate sensing 5-10 IBUs and the ABV on the electronic beer board at Bottle Revolution yesterday (June 27, not the new movie ) was 4.6%. Quite the pleasant sipper under a shaded umbrella on the patio last evening. I liked the Auto Correct a bit better.

Another beer for you to try and not admit on DBR Ymm Beer. Yep you guessed it:

Wicked Weed Funkatorium - Black Angel - 6.8% ABV - From Bottle - "Black Sour Ale aged on 1.5 pounds per gallon of tart Montgomery Cherries. Nearly 10 months of Bourbon Barrel Aging and artful blending reveal a dark, complex, and erapturing sour ale."

If you like Boubon Barrel aged, Tart Cherries, and a great sour, try this beer. OMG it's amazing. I rated it 4.5

Also last night I tried the Mother Earth Lemon-Blueberry Berlinerweisse recommended above by fuse I believe. I agree with everything he said.

Cheers!

Reviewed before, but this years version of Hardywood’s MaMaw’s Mean Cobbler is out. Belgian style ale with peaches and spices -mostly cinnamon. Tasty. 8.2%.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Reviewed before, but this years version of Hardywood’s MaMaw’s Mean Cobbler is out. Belgian style ale with peaches and spices -mostly cinnamon. Tasty. 8.2%.
    I think I had that on draft at their Hooville location 2-3 years ago. Very, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Another beer for you to try and not admit on DBR Ymm Beer. Yep you guessed it:

Wicked Weed Funkatorium - Black Angel - 6.8% ABV - From Bottle - "Black Sour Ale aged on 1.5 pounds per gallon of tart Montgomery Cherries. Nearly 10 months of Bourbon Barrel Aging and artful blending reveal a dark, complex, and erapturing sour ale."

If you like Boubon Barrel aged, Tart Cherries, and a great sour, try this beer. OMG it's amazing. I rated it 4.5

Also last night I tried the Mother Earth Lemon-Blueberry Berlinerweisse recommended above by fuse I believe. I agree with everything he said.

Cheers!
    The Mother Earth brew sounds better than the New Anthem Beer Project Cease to Resist, a mango Berliner Weisse, that I tasted Thursday night.

I will certainly admit that Black Angel sounds delicious .

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    The Mother Earth brew sounds better than the New Anthem Beer Project Cease to Resist, a mango Berliner Weisse, that I tasted Thursday night.

I will certainly admit that Black Angel sounds delicious .
    I just tried one from New Anthem too:

New Anthem Beer Project - Soggy Purple - Sour, Brliner Weisse - 5.4 % ABV, 1 IBU -

This beer pours red/purple like pomegranate juice. It's interesting - the bartenders at Jugg Heads really like it.

It's very heavy on the raspberry - actually a little too fruity for my taste. (My wife liked it which is highly unusual for any beer). It's tart, and the sour does cut the raspberry nicely at the end of the taste. I'll rate it 3.75

If you really like raspberry, sour, and Berliner Weisse style it's definitely worth a try.

But the Black Angel is definitely on a whole different level - pretty incredible.

My stepdad just got back from a beer run in Richmond, and he was super excited about it. He said the breweries there are much better than anything in NC, including Asheville.

His favorite was the Veil Brewing Company -

He rated one of their Beers a 5, and he's a tough rater. We Ded Mon - IPA Triple
    Some others - Hot Chocolate & Ancho Chili Hornswoggler - 4.0
    Dirt Nap - DIPA - 4.5
    PRBLMS - Triple IPA - 4.5
    Keepz Building V2.0 IPA - 4.25
    White White Ferrari Ferrari - IPA - 4.5
    Never Gonnagetit - Sour Fruited Gose - 4.0

all from Veil

He also tried Stone Brewing, Ardent, Lickinghole Creek Craft, and Heist.

Anyway, it sounds like I really do need to make a beer run to Richmond and Veil. Gotta time it right though. He said people were waiting in line for 90 minutes to buy beer, and he waited 20 minutes to get in when they opened the store. Must be good and the word is out.

I just tried one from New Anthem too:

New Anthem Beer Project - Soggy Purple - Sour, Brliner Weisse - 5.4 % ABV, 1 IBU -

This beer pours red/purple like pomegranate juice. It's interesting - the bartenders at Jugg Heads really like it.

It's very heavy on the raspberry - actually a little too fruity for my taste. (My wife liked it which is highly unusual for any beer). It's tart, and the sour does cut the raspberry nicely at the end of the taste. I'll rate it 3.75

If you really like raspberry, sour, and Berliner Weisse style it's definitely worth a try.

But the Black Angel is definitely on a whole different level - pretty incredible.
    Funny you should taste that one as I checked the Bottle Revolution tap list earlier today and that was listed. I'm on call for the weekend so no tasting but, if they still have it available Monday after work, I *may* be thirsty enough to sample...

My stepdad just got back from a beer run in Richmond, and he was super excited about it. He said the breweries there are much better than anything in NC, including Asheville.

His favorite was the Veil Brewing Company -

He rated one of their Beers a 5, and he's a tough rater. We Ded Mon - IPA Triple
    Some others - Hot Chocolate & Ancho Chili Hornswoggler - 4.0
    Dirt Nap - DIPA - 4.5
    PRBLMS - Triple IPA - 4.5
    Keepz Building V2.0 IPA - 4.25
    White White Ferrari Ferrari - IPA - 4.5
    Never Gonnagetit - Sour Fruited Gose - 4.0

all from Veil

Anyway, it sounds like I really do need to make a beer run to Richmond and Veil. Gotta time it right though. He said people were waiting in line for 90 minutes to buy beer, and he waited 20 minutes to get in when they opened the store. Must be good and the word is out.
    More "funny" stuff as we're headed to Richmond next weekend and will likely make a stop at Veil and Ardent after visiting the Museum of Fine Arts and perhaps The Diamond to watch the Squirrels with a meet-up with accfanfrom1970 on the schedule, too.

[QUOTE=richardjackson199;1171839]My stepdad just got back from a beer run in Richmond.
    His favorite was the Veil Brewing Company.
    Anyway, it sounds like I really do need to make a beer run to Richmond and Veil.

Glad he enjoyed the trip and Veil is typically rated #1 or #2 in town. #1 for ipa’s. They also can or bottle more varieties than most, but not in volume. So people stock up, especially on release day.

[QUOTE=accfanfrom1970;1171853]
    My stepdad just got back from a beer run in Richmond.
    Anyway, it sounds like I really do need to make a beer run to Richmond and Veil.

Glad he enjoyed the trip and Veil is typically rated #1 or #2 in town. #1 for ipa’s. They also can or bottle more varieties than most, but not in volume. So people stock up, especially on release day.
    How do we find out about these release days of which you speak? Asking for a friend. Maybe more than one friend...

Lickinghole Creek Tap room downtown shockoe bottom, downtown Richmond. Three Chopt Tripel, Belgian tripel. 9.3% abv, 39 ibu’s. Clean, crisp, bit of hops on the finish. Nice beer, drinkable but probably dangerous at 9.3%.

Supreme Leader, imperial stout BBA with a mole added for spice. Nice kick. Doesn’t have the cinnamon of the hardywood Caliente, but a really nice chocolate type stout with a kick. 13.5%, 60 ibu’s.

Two excellent beers at a tap house I will revisit soon.

[QUOTE=accfanfrom1970;1171853]
    My stepdad just got back from a beer run in Richmond.

I assume you mean the top 2 are Ardent and the Veil?

Who are your top 5 and in what order? Trying to read different reviews online I'm seeing lots of different opinions.

I'll get up there one day, and excited Devildeac's landing is imminent.

[QUOTE=richardjackson199;1171903]

Who are your top 5 and in what order? Trying to read different reviews online I'm seeing lots of different opinions.

I'll get up there one day, and excited Devildeac's landing is imminent.
    Formulating plan of attack and discussion with Quartermaster (perhaps my Supreme Commander would be a better choice of words/rank ) as I post. (I've been reading waaaay too much Revolutionary and Civil War books recently.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Funny you should taste that one as I checked the Bottle Revolution tap list earlier today and that was listed. I'm on call for the weekend so no tasting but, if they still have it available Monday after work, I *may* be thirsty enough to sample...
    I'm interested to see what you think of the New Anthem Soggy Purple.

I would recommend tasting a small sample before you buy it. I'm not completely sure what to think about it. I could see somebody loving it or hating it. I was more in-between. I don't think it was a bad beer. Definitely interesting, and not subtle. But I don't think they got it quite right. Bottom line I think it was too heavy on the raspberry, too fruity on the initial taste. But it finishes with a nice, very gentle sour and the raspberry is more tart than sweet. I'll stick to 3.75 rating. It's not a beer I'd tell you to run out and buy (like I would Burial's Sixth Passing or Wicked Weed's Black Angel).

I don't think saying it tastes like a really good wine cooler is right, but not too far off either. It definitely has a nice Berlinerweisse finish. And purple as hell. Very nice, tasty aromatic head on the pour too.

Have a great week!

[QUOTE=richardjackson199;1171903][QUOTE=accfanfrom1970;1171853]

I’m partial to three - Hardywood, Ardent and Veil. Hardywood has the bourbon barrel Cru and their gingerbread stout line. Ardent has their Honey Ginger and a great dopplebock, both of which if you can get their BBA version are great. Veil has a whole lineup of ipas and their hornswoggler stout variants. I also highly recommend Garden Grove in Carytown, but they don’t can or distribute. Lickinghole Creek would be my 5th. They have some high octane BBA beers, and they’re not cheap. But some really interesting and unusual beers.
    Last edited by accfanfrom1970; 06-30-2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Spelling

[QUOTE=accfanfrom1970;1171910][QUOTE=richardjackson199;1171903]

I’m partial to three - Hardywood, Ardent and Veil. Hardywood has the bourbon barrel Cru and their gingerbread stout line. Ardent has their Honey Ginger and a great dopplebock, both of which if you can get their BBA version are great. Veil has a whole lineup of ipas and their hornswoggler stout variants. I also highly recommend Garden Grove in Carytown, but they don’t can or distribute. Lickinghole Creek would be my 5th. They have some high octane BBA beers, and they’re not cheap. But some really interesting and unusual beers.
    Careful, after that list you might have richardjackson199 ordering several hundred $$ worth of beer for me to procure during our visit .

[QUOTE=devildeac;1171923][QUOTE=accfanfrom1970;1171910]

Careful, after that list you might have richardjackson199 ordering several hundred $$ worth of beer for me to procure during our visit .
    I’m actually off Friday the 5th and would be glad to do some “shopping” in advance.

[QUOTE=devildeac;1171923][QUOTE=accfanfrom1970;1171910]

Don't worry, fortunately for you, there are finite limits on my stomach volume, alcohol tolerance, and bank account beer budget.

I'll happily accept and appreciate whatever small, surprise sampler pack can be assembled based on availability.

And I'm good for it. I assume you accept payment in cash, check, credit, consult fee IOUs, and/or pie, right?