Page 1469 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 469969136914191459146714681469147014711479151915691969 ... LastLast
Results 29,361 to 29,380 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Someone being brave by mentioning beer outside this thread with the likelihood of being met with scorn and derision.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    From way back when:

Finally got to appreciate the Raleigh Brewing - Hell Yes Ma'am tonight

A damn fine beer. Easy to drink belgian and at 9.2%. Love it. Since Mrs Nrrrrvous picked it out she says the last one is hers.

Easy Cat 2, Maybe Cat 3. I like my tripels.

Mrs Nrrrvous ranks it right behind the Legend Tripel and ahead of the Hardywood Singel. And if you know her, that's pretty darn good.
    An interesting twist; I had this beer, Damn Yes Ma'am, at the brewery a couple years ago and found it equally delightful to Hell Yes Ma'am:

https://untappd.com/b/raleigh-brewin...-ma-am/3218048

From Untappd: "This beer is no longer being produced by the brewery."

DaughterPK left a Whiteclaw in the fridge before she went back to college. Never had one.

Try it — or toss it? Leaning towards the former because I’ll try about anything once, but not without trepidation.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    DaughterPK left a Whiteclaw in the fridge before she went back to college. Never had one.

Try it — or toss it? Leaning towards the former because I’ll try about anything once, but not without trepidation.
    I'm going to have to research that one a bit. I'm guessing it's a hard seltzer but not certain. I'm familiar with Clawhammer, Highland Brewing's Oktoberfest, probably already released in July for 2020 .

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm going to have to research that one a bit. I'm guessing it's a hard seltzer but not certain. I'm familiar with Clawhammer, Highland Brewing's Oktoberfest, probably already released in July for 2020 .
    Pretty sure this is off your grid, friend.

Tried the Tripping William experiment last PM (because I wasn't smart enough to conceive it first )

Fantastic Haze in a (Hardywood) teku GBS glass.

Don't think the olfactory and gustatory sensors perceived much difference; still a lot of OJ, accompanied by grapefruit and pineapple. It was however a bit prettier presentation than the snifter, but not much.
    Fantastic Haze in a boring pint glass. Guessing my palate (or perhaps the *other half* of my palate) is not quite as discerning as Tripping William's as I'm not sure I appreciated many differences from a snifter vs a teku vs a standard "beer" glass. Maybe I'll have to try another from the opposite side of my palate next time, because I'm sure not going to try to side-by-side-by side three 12 ounce cans of a 9% ABV brew in one sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Pretty sure this is off your grid, friend.
    You are indeed correct. A Ymm, Seltzer thread may have been suggested in the past.

The only Cat 3 beer consumed this evening was by me--NG Raspberry Tart. I'm pretty sure I've reviewed it previously, but if not: it was yummy, really fruity, and you should try it.

RJ199's selections included something from a beer club that he deemed 'not worth a review.' So I'll leave it to him to comment further (or not) on that.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    It’s funny how there is an unfortunate direct relationship between how much I enjoy a beer and how it seemingly rapidly evaporates from my glass.
    Very true. In the case of a category 3 from my past, it was because my wife, who typically does not like beer at all, ended up drinking about a third of it. I think she only tried it because she overheard the waiter mention "cocoa nibs" when I asked what beers they had. I think this was the first Bourbon Barrel Aged beer I ever had. I just remember it being very tasty, but I found it on the Saint Arnold website and they have a more complete description:

Bishop's Barrel No. 4

Weizenbock aged in Bourbon Barrels with Cocoa Nibs

Pours a dark brown color with a very light head. The nose is bourbon, chocolate and banana. The taste starts with bourbon and a rich maltiness. Chocolate and a light banana flavor emerges, reminiscent of a banana split made with chocolate ice cream. We brewed the base weizenbock again and blended 10% fresh beer in with the barrel aged beer as much of the weizen yeast character had greatly diminished in the barrels.

The warmer this beer gets the better it tastes. We recommend enjoying between 55°F and 60°F.

Date Brewed: August 14, 2012
    Date Racked: September 16, 2012
    Date Bottled: July 26, 2013
    Beer style in bbl: Weizenbock
    Type of Barrel: Woodford Reserve bourbon barrels
    Original Gravity: 1.073
    Final Gravity: 1.013
    Alcohol: 7.9% ABV prior to barreling
    9.9% ABV after barreling
    Bitterness: 18 IBU

"That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by beergoddess View Post
    The only Cat 3 beer consumed this evening was by me--NG Raspberry Tart. I'm pretty sure I've reviewed it previously, but if not: it was yummy, really fruity, and you should try it.

RJ199's selections included something from a beer club that he deemed 'not worth a review.' So I'll leave it to him to comment further (or not) on that.
    He should at least post a warning about it. Could include a weather report and/or what he had for breakfast today...

Homeboy in an event at Hope Valley yesterday/today/tomorrow. Jack Marin sighting at the 15th fairway.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    Very true. In the case of a category 3 from my past, it was because my wife, who typically does not like beer at all, ended up drinking about a third of it. I think she only tried it because she overheard the waiter mention "cocoa nibs" when I asked what beers they had. I think this was the first Bourbon Barrel Aged beer I ever had. I just remember it being very tasty, but I found it on the Saint Arnold website and they have a more complete description:
    That sounds amazing, plus, a beer I'd bet (but not with RJ199 ) none of us here on Ymm, Beer have ever seen before.

Fantastic Haze in a boring pint glass. Guessing my palate (or perhaps the *other half* of my palate) is not quite as discerning as Tripping William's as I'm not sure I appreciated many differences from a snifter vs a teku vs a standard "beer" glass. Maybe I'll have to try another from the opposite side of my palate next time, because I'm sure not going to try to side-by-side-by side three 12 ounce cans of a 9% ABV brew in one sitting.
    Correction: this was in a shapely DFH pint glass. Still didn't make much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    LOL

Darn shame you can't include some bad tastes and/or aromas with your photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Homeboy in an event at Hope Valley yesterday/today/tomorrow. Jack Marin sighting at the 15th fairway.
    Hope Valley in Durham? I haven't played golf in almost 20 years and have really lost track of courses.

Hope Valley in Durham? I haven't played golf in almost 20 years and have really lost track of courses.
    Yes. Since 1926

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Yes. Since 1926
    Thought it sounded familiar from a few rounds there during my undergrad days; well after 1926, thank you very much...

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    And it’s the basic stout for their Hoax, Trickery and Foolery.
    Skulduggery, another good descriptor.

Thought it sounded familiar from a few rounds there during my undergrad days; well after 1926, thank you very much...

Believe there is some Duke basketball related segregation history here. Jim Sumner would likely know the deets.