Coronavirus - those we lost

Sad as it may be, I think we need a thread for remembering the people taken by this.

Just got word that musician Adam Schlesinger has died at age 52. He won 3 Grammys and an Emmy, but is best known for 2 things.

He wrote the song That Thing You Do for the film... and his band, Fountains of Wayne, had a huge hit with his song "Stacy's Mom."

-Jason "Adam is the backup vocals and guitarist in this video" Evans
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

Oh no! Perhaps not his most popular song, but both of my kids loved singing along to Trucks of the Sandra Boynton album Frog Trouble.

I know this is too positive for this thread, but my friend David Lat (those of you in the legal world might know him) seems to be pulling through... very glad for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I know this is too positive for this thread, but my friend David Lat (those of you in the legal world might know him) seems to be pulling through... very glad for that!
    Good news for him, and you. Glad to hear.
    "We're only tourists in this life
    Only tourists but the view is nice"

-- David Byrne

The NY Post has been following his fight. Good to see him on the road to recovery. Slow but sure.

Here's a link to a NY Law Journal piece. They have also been following his illness and recovery.

https://www.law.com/newyorklawjourna...20200301203618

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Sad as it may be, I think we need a thread for remembering the people taken by this.

Just got word that musician Adam Schlesinger has died at age 52. He won 3 Grammys and an Emmy, but is best known for 2 things.

He wrote the song That Thing You Do for the film... and his band, Fountains of Wayne, had a huge hit with his song "Stacy's Mom."

-Jason "Adam is the backup vocals and guitarist in this video" Evans
    This is one of my “many” favorite songs... and I really enjoyed the movie. Too bad... Thanks for sharing

Ellis Marsalis RIP