Page 1077 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 77577977102710671075107610771078107910871127117715772077 ... LastLast
Results 21,521 to 21,540 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Sierraveza-Sierra Nevada Brewing Company

Guess the style .

Twelve ounce can. Beer #1 from my September beer club 4 pack.

Pour was a light golden-yellow with a thick, frothy head. Soft floral aromas, followed by the expected lightly bitter, floral hoppiness from a lager with hints of sweetness. I'll guess 20 IBUs and the ABV is stated at 5%. Very easy to sip on a warm, late summer evening or pair with a turkey club sammich. Fuse Cat 2. Another solid SN offering.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Coffee Cherry Vanilla Dire Wolf-Wolf's Ridge Brewing

Packaged on
    Feb/01/20smudge smudge

One of a number of Dire Wolf variants; I've had the original, Coffee Vanilla and One Line (coffee only). I have the Yub Nub (cinnamon and coffee infused) and Port Wine variants "cellaring" for fall or winter sipping.

Bomber divided over 2 nights.

Pour was a mahogany with ruby edges and a thin, tan head. Coffee tempts the nose along with vanilla, followed by the same on the palate with tart cherries interwoven, but secondary to the java and vanilla and maybe some molasses (not added) and other dark, dried fruits. It's an imperial stout so I'll guess IBUs in the 50-60 range; mostly heavily roasted grains bitter and not hoppy bitter. You'll feel the 12.2% ABV about halfway through the bomber so it's really time to quit after 11-12 ounces. Highly recommended and easily fuse Cat 3.

50 best beers in the US? You be the judge:

https://www.mensjournal.com/food-dri...tes/wyoming-2/

And, of course, how many have you had?

Maybe even better, how many breweries have you actually heard of from the list?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

Had 3/50; didn’t count how many breweries i had heard of, would guess in the ballpark of 10-12 at most.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Had 3/50; didn’t count how many breweries i had heard of, would guess in the ballpark of 10-12 at most.
    5/50 for me-likewise on the breweries I knew-maybe 10 to 12.

Low activity level here yesterday. Folks must be saving up calories and/or hepatocytes for Saturday's Septemberfest Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub, hosted by Tripping William.

Low activity level here yesterday. Folks must be saving up calories and/or hepatocytes for Saturday's Septemberfest Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub, hosted by Tripping William.
    Appropriately chided , I'll add a couple more from my Goldsboro Brew Works haul:

(1) Uinta Noble Nectar. This is a limited release Belgian golden strong ale. A bit hazy and straw colored, it has your typical Belgian yeastiness and a hint of pink bubblegum sweet. Nice & strong at 8.5% ABV, with IBUs at 25. Solid Cat 2.

(2) Pitt Street's Dapple Dog dry stout. From Greenville, NC (maybe the only brewery I know of in Greenville). Per their website, this beer is "brimming with dark chocolate notes, hints of honey and smells of roasty espresso. Marris Otter malt paired with specialty Carafa malts creates a bready, mouth-coating beer, while the East Kent Golding hops bring out subtle, herbal notes." My palate concurs. 5.4% ABV, with IBUs checking in at 36. Also Cat 2. A solid alternative, from a flavor standpoint, to the high-gravity stouts that are around.

And "see" y'all Saturday for Septemberfest. I'll probably open the doors around 10:00 a.m., because you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Appropriately chided , I'll add a couple more from my Goldsboro Brew Works haul:

(1) Uinta Noble Nectar. This is a limited release Belgian golden strong ale. A bit hazy and straw colored, it has your typical Belgian yeastiness and a hint of pink bubblegum sweet. Nice & strong at 8.5% ABV, with IBUs at 25. Solid Cat 2.

(2) Pitt Street's Dapple Dog dry stout. From Greenville, NC (maybe the only brewery I know of in Greenville). Per their website, this beer is "brimming with dark chocolate notes, hints of honey and smells of roasty espresso. Marris Otter malt paired with specialty Carafa malts creates a bready, mouth-coating beer, while the East Kent Golding hops bring out subtle, herbal notes." My palate concurs. 5.4% ABV, with IBUs checking in at 36. Also Cat 2. A solid alternative, from a flavor standpoint, to the high-gravity stouts that are around.

And "see" y'all Saturday for Septemberfest. I'll probably open the doors around 10:00 a.m., because you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning . . . .

An excellent idea as we'll (devildeacs 1 and 2) likely start getting "primed" for attending the 330 PM Miami (OH) @ tOSU game around lunchtime, with or without "official" tailgating .

From 2/17/18:

Bourbon Barrel Aged Honey Ginger (brewed on December 8, 2017)-Ardent Craft Ales

World class beer. (Can I stop my review there? )

Delivery source: accfanfrom1970 (Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!)

Normally, I'd cellar a beer like this for 6-12 months or more given its characteristics and expectations, but somehow, this one beckoned me on Tuesday and Wednesday nights when I divided this 750 ml capped bottle.

Poured into Gouden Carolus and Allagash tulips, the color was gold with a modest fizzy and foamy head. As anticipated, aromas were ginger, honey/light brown sugar and bourbon. Tasted like a classic bourbon and ginger ale cocktail with a tad more sweetness from the honey-ish finish. Amazingly smooth at only 18 IBUs with the ginger providing a bit of a warming bite. ABV was a dangerous 11.5% as it was seductively smooth and easy sipping and could have been consumed in one sitting. Or shared (hint to accfanfrom1970: we'd gladly welcome one or more of these to a tailgate this fall if you and your wife are able to attend again-yes, I'm shameless). Cost? I got this and two Hardywood GBS variants for $25, almost unheard of pricing for beers of this quality.

Thank you again!
    It's back...

Spoiler: And, it's as good as it was over 1.5 years ago...

From 2/17/18:

Ardent BBA Honey Ginger

It's back...

Spoiler: And, it's as good as it was over 1.5 years ago...
    I thought so too, but it’s been two years since my last one. It’s just so interesting and drinkable. I’m glad I went back and got more before they sold out. I will bring one down for the Pitt game to share.

Finally tried Old Tuffy on draft.

Decent lager, nothing special.

Also had Port City Porter, a 7% ABV porter that was quite tasty.

Glass Jug 5th anniversary tomorrow.

Some pretty interesting collaboration beers on the menu.

Wish I recalled the names of the two I tried.

One was a pineapple cinnamon Berliner Weisse, the other was a barrel aged sour.
    Both were outstanding.

A whole lot of Octoberfests we can’t get in NC, article closes with one available draft only in NC, who knows where.

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...toberfest-beer

Finally tried Old Tuffy on draft.

Decent lager, nothing special.
    Not gonna lie, the logo looks good on a beer.

From 2/17/18:

Bourbon Barrel Aged Honey Ginger (brewed on December 8, 2017)-Ardent Craft Ales

World class beer. (Can I stop my review there? )

Delivery source: accfanfrom1970 (Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!)

Normally, I'd cellar a beer like this for 6-12 months or more given its characteristics and expectations, but somehow, this one beckoned me on Tuesday and Wednesday nights when I divided this 750 ml capped bottle.

Poured into Gouden Carolus and Allagash tulips, the color was gold with a modest fizzy and foamy head. As anticipated, aromas were ginger, honey/light brown sugar and bourbon. Tasted like a classic bourbon and ginger ale cocktail with a tad more sweetness from the honey-ish finish. Amazingly smooth at only 18 IBUs with the ginger providing a bit of a warming bite. ABV was a dangerous 11.5% as it was seductively smooth and easy sipping and could have been consumed in one sitting. Or shared (hint to accfanfrom1970: we'd gladly welcome one or more of these to a tailgate this fall if you and your wife are able to attend again-yes, I'm shameless). Cost? I got this and two Hardywood GBS variants for $25, almost unheard of pricing for beers of this quality.

Thank you again!
    From last PM:

Barrel Aged Honey Ginger-Ardent Craft Ales

Source-Accfanfrom1970; Thanks!!
    Format-12 ounce bottle (); used to be 750 ml bottles
    Appearance-golden amber
    Head-pale tan and foamy
    Nose-Canada Dry and Maker's Mark
    Tastes-Ditto; some brown sugar and honey (d'oh); so, so smooth on the palate
    IBU-18
    ABV-11.7% (from memory as I didn't save the bottle )
    Ymm, Beer rating-Fuse Cat 3
    Overall impression-I'm pretty sure I could sip two or three of these in an evening and wake up on the floor 2 days later and still be happy

Worth publicly thanking accfanfrom1970 again for securing this one!

Glass Jug 5th anniversary tomorrow.

Some pretty interesting collaboration beers on the menu.

Wish I recalled the names of the two I tried.

One was a pineapple cinnamon Berliner Weisse, the other was a barrel aged sour.
    Both were outstanding.
    Lemme know if you want to journey to Bottle Rev on Friday next week (IIRC) if you wish to sample some of their hidden/aged gems for their 8th anniversary.

A whole lot of Octoberfests we can’t get in NC, article closes with one available draft only in NC, who knows where.

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...toberfest-beer
    Nice find. Some of those also appear on the beeradvocate top 100 Octoberfests that I think I linked last week. I may have seen a couple during my greatly restrained Septemberfest shopping adventure tonight. I coulda/shoulda bought more but I only have so many $$ remaining in my 2019 beer budget and functioning hepatocytes remaining .

Septemberfest selections made. Probably will reserve a table at the virtual pub when it opens but not check in until tomorrow PM as I'll be with our son and 105K of our "best friends" at the Miami (OH) @ tOSU football game from 330-630 tomorrow afternoon/evening. We will be attending a tailgate pre-game sampling the 3 Octoberfest selections I purchased tonight .